++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-30-2005, 10:08 PM   #31
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) hold on.

The DVD thing was held back because of the Chicago lawsuit. The 4 dorks appealed the first sentence Creed won, now they're claiming that the performance was below Creed standards. So it could be used as a prove. Once there's a final decision, Wind-up is free to release it again.
Marcos, just fyi, the lawsuit was completely closed July 2004.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:16 AM   #32
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
it did? I remember Creed won, so to say... but then the guys appealed... so the appeal is over too?! I know, that's whay you just said. But now I don't know if the appeal thing is true.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:28 PM   #33
shiver
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by NeedforCreed) Could be like John Fogerty taking a hiatus for a numbr of years after CCR. Question is, after a certain amount of time, will Scott have enough of a fan base to be relevant?

John Fogerty rocks! Stapp, not so much. This thing is gonna end up like Chinese Democracy.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:56 PM   #34
titan9
USER INFO »
I hope it doesn't end up that way. I know when this album gets released, it'll be good stuff. It just needs to be released.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-03-2005, 03:03 AM   #35
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I can honestly see stapp being a new jim morrison, just by his influences and the way he is, he has that persona. As for the popularity of Morrison, i dont think that will happen, but i bet he will make some popular music, stuff that i can rip out on my guitar!! LET ME SHRED STAPP, LET ME SHRED!!!!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #36
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I can honestly see stapp being a new jim morrison, just by his influences and the way he is, he has that persona. As for the popularity of Morrison, i dont think that will happen, but i bet he will make some popular music, stuff that i can rip out on my guitar!! LET ME SHRED STAPP, LET ME SHRED!!!!

Are you insane? Why do you think Tremo ditched Stapp? Yeah, thought so.

lol, I know, there is nothing wrong with dreaming.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:48 PM   #37
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I can honestly see stapp being a new jim morrison, just by his influences and the way he is, he has that persona. As for the popularity of Morrison, i dont think that will happen, but i bet he will make some popular music, stuff that i can rip out on my guitar!! LET ME SHRED STAPP, LET ME SHRED!!!!
I think the first part of your statement could possibly be truthful if he ever DOES come out with something new, but since we're not seeing anything new, it's hard to make that guess. And as for the last part? I wouldn't hold your breath. Stapp's not a fan of the guitar solo.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:01 AM   #38
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »

new JM? like dying at 27? too late.......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #39
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Stapp's not a fan of the guitar solo.

Which is the only thing I don't like about Stapp musically. I wish he liked the solo more. A song Stapp solo song with his vocals and a really good solo has the potential to be awesome.

Like you said, though, we need to see a CD from him first, before we can compare him to other artists. I think he will release the solo CD, I just don't know when at this point. It seems like the timeframe keeps changing. One thing is for sure, though: he needs to release that CD sooner rather than later. Not all fans are going to be patient.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:17 AM   #40
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
well, windup records has him as a "Coming in 2005" artist, now, does that mean the year 2005 or "coming in 2005 years" honestly, i dont know. I believe that stapp wont have any fancy guitar work on the cd tho, look at creed...He had a guitarist that is considered to be one of the best guitarists of the 90's, and he didnt put him to work! Honestly, if mark tremonti was my guitarist, i would have him shred for 90% of the song, and me singing just 10%. If you look (technically) at the transition hes made from Weathered to One Day Remains, he takes a massive jump in difficulty between those years. Now, with creed, you could also tell a difference from My Own Prison to Weathered. Big difference. Yet still lacking solos, now on ODR, there are a bunch of them and they are extremely impressive solos, so i think that stapp had something to do with the lack of solos. So i believe that there isnt going to be too much fancy guitar work on stapps record, i just hope that be does a better job on that cd than he did with Relearn Love. Stapp is one hell of a singer/songwriter, and i would hate to see his career go down the shitter

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #41
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Right

Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) well, windup records has him as a "Coming in 2005" artist, now, does that mean the year 2005 or "coming in 2005 years" honestly, i dont know. I believe that stapp wont have any fancy guitar work on the cd tho, look at creed...He had a guitarist that is considered to be one of the best guitarists of the 90's, and he didnt put him to work! Honestly, if mark tremonti was my guitarist, i would have him shred for 90% of the song, and me singing just 10%. If you look (technically) at the transition hes made from Weathered to One Day Remains, he takes a massive jump in difficulty between those years. Now, with creed, you could also tell a difference from My Own Prison to Weathered. Big difference. Yet still lacking solos, now on ODR, there are a bunch of them and they are extremely impressive solos, so i think that stapp had something to do with the lack of solos. So i believe that there isnt going to be too much fancy guitar work on stapps record, i just hope that be does a better job on that cd than he did with Relearn Love. Stapp is one hell of a singer/songwriter, and i would hate to see his career go down the shitter

Think you're right on top of things. Not one thing in that post that I didn't agree with. If I had Tremonti backing me, I would do maybe one ten minute song with something like six minutes of shred. I tell you one thing I was impressed with when I saw AB couple of months back was Phillips ability on drums. These are some talented musicians.
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

shinedown.com
Old 04-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) well, windup records has him as a "Coming in 2005" artist, now, does that mean the year 2005 or "coming in 2005 years" honestly, i dont know. I believe that stapp wont have any fancy guitar work on the cd tho, look at creed...He had a guitarist that is considered to be one of the best guitarists of the 90's, and he didnt put him to work! Honestly, if mark tremonti was my guitarist, i would have him shred for 90% of the song, and me singing just 10%. If you look (technically) at the transition hes made from Weathered to One Day Remains, he takes a massive jump in difficulty between those years. Now, with creed, you could also tell a difference from My Own Prison to Weathered. Big difference. Yet still lacking solos, now on ODR, there are a bunch of them and they are extremely impressive solos, so i think that stapp had something to do with the lack of solos. So i believe that there isnt going to be too much fancy guitar work on stapps record, i just hope that be does a better job on that cd than he did with Relearn Love. Stapp is one hell of a singer/songwriter, and i would hate to see his career go down the shitter

Yeah, I agree with that. Mark should have done a lot more soloing on HC and Weathered. It's really a shame that he didn't. I agree, I don't think that there will be fancy solos on Stapp's record(I say that mainly because I just don't think Goneblind is that good) but I know that the vocals and lyrics are going to be good, possibly great. I like Relearn Love(the more acoustic version of the song is a lot better than the album version) but I don't want all of Stapp's songs to sound like RL. I want to hear some aggressive stuff from Stapp; I want to hear a good mixture of songs. Mostly, I want to hear Rock, not the softer stuff.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but Stapp is most likely going to be on Jamie Fox's new CD. I read an article on PBF(in the news section of the forums, which is visible to all) that said Stapp will be on the CD. I think that's interesting, but I don't like the idea. I think Stapp's only musical focus at this point should be his solo CD, not someone else's. Sure, it'll probably help Stapp some(for those Fox fans who buy the album and like Stapp's work on there) but, like I said, his main musical focus should be his solo CD.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #43
Frankie
USER INFO »
If you check out the PBF web site news archives...you will see that this song with Jamie Foxx was a done deal way back in July of 2004...even before RL was released on the POTC.

Last edited by Frankie : 04-11-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »
Eh, so I got the dates mixed up a bit, lol. I thought I remembered hearing something about this back in 2004, but couldn't remember for sure. The point is, Stapp needs to get that solo CD out as a soon as possible. The delays/changing dates are not helping any, and that was my whole point.

Old 04-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #45
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Maybe CDs with 90% shredding and 10% singing don't make money. That's the record company's bottom line. If they invest their money in a project they want to see a profit from it.

Its not like the guy spent months writing a song for the Jamie Foxx CD. What I've read is that Jamie Foxx just happened to be working in the same studio and thats how they met. I'm interested in hearing what he contributed.

We don't know Stapp and don't know what he has going on in his life at the moment. Just lots of people choose to think that the delay is cause he can't get his shit together. But nobody really knows do they?

Hey. Maybe the release date will be August 10. A year to the day.