++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 01-12-2004, 12:07 AM   #1
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quotes from famous musos!

here a few i have seen feel free to add your own!

"the best thing about being famous is that i get to go to overseas places, like canada!" - britney spears

"I started playing guitar because of Kiss. I was 11. I had the Kiss Lunchbox, everything. Every kid at the time was into Kiss, with all the firebreathing and stuff. We used to leap around the couch with brooms and strut in front of the mirror. Actually, I still do that." - Mike McCready

"Certain radio programmers in America are always wondering why we just won't write the next "Plush" or the next "Interstate Love Song." Y'know what? I got no fuckin' interest! If you wanna hear "Plush" and "Interstate Love Song," go by a God damned Creed record! That's what they're trying to sound like." - Scott Weiland, Stone Temple Piltos, Metal Edge, December 2001

"If I ever run into Dave Grohl, I'm gonna kick his fuckin' ass. Because I think he sucks, and he wrote this cheese-dick song for Ozzy that I have to fuckin' play on, and I'll never forgive him for that. Foo Fighters is a fuckin' candyass girl band, but you've got that motherfucker submitting songs, and those douche bags from the Offspring submitting songs, too. I mean, none of thse guys could play a Randy Rhoads solo if they tried. Dave Grohl? Fuck Dave Grohl! Let him get up there and play 'Mr. Crowley'; he can't fuckin' do it. And it's like, you're getting this guy to write songs for Ozzy? Just because he played drums for fucking Shitvana?" - Zakk Wylde, Guitar World, November 2001
Old 01-12-2004, 03:30 AM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I LOVE ZAKK WYLDE! He is such a riot...

"My career goal, at the end of the day, has always been to be an old mother****er, sitting on a ****in’ porch with my kids, and my wife bitching at me and whatever - and being able to put on any one of the records I’ve done and saying "That did not ****in’ suck - that kicked ass!" So far, I could say that about everything I’ve put out. Once I’ve done that, I’ve got nothing else to prove, other than to just go out there and play it live as best I can. I ain’t done bad so far." ~ Jerry Cantrell -- Metal-is.com (May 2001)
Old 01-12-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
hide
USER INFO »
yeah i guess Zakk is kind of funny and he is a guitar madmen but it seems like he's one hell of a prick as well! LOL

i thought this thread would be a little more popular there are some great quotes out there. Have to love to southern simplicty of Brintey! LOL No offense to any Southern hicks! LOL
Old 01-12-2004, 10:12 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hahahahah, Britney...simple is the key word.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:44 PM   #5
hide
USER INFO »
man it's so unfair she has a nice body and is probably sharing a brain cell with that guy she grew up and look where she is! LOL sooky sooky

Come on people you must have some more here is another one!

"Pearl Jam fans are better then French Fries"-Matt Cameron
Old 01-12-2004, 10:54 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO...

"The most important thing in rock and roll is clean toes, and that's no joke" -- Jerry Cantrell
Old 01-12-2004, 10:57 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
"Piss break" -- Huey Lewis to my husband 7 years ago at Caesars. Backstage in between encores. Huey was lost looking for the men's room.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:59 PM   #8
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) LMAO...

"The most important thing in rock and roll is clean toes, and that's no joke" -- Jerry Cantrell

hehe Jerry is a funny guy!

okay are some more:

Whoever controls the media, controls the mind- Jim Morrison

I'm not afraid of computers taking over the world. They're just sitting there. I can always hit them with a two by four". Thom Yorke
Old 01-12-2004, 11:21 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
He is indeed, hide...

From Zakk, slamming RS's list of top 100 guitarists, on SleazeGrinder.com:

“You’ve got to understand, the only thing Rolling Stone magazine is good for is when you take a good-ass **** and you wipe your ass with it.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:35 PM   #10
jango
USER INFO »
"Worship the music, not the musicians."

"Everytime I see the Spice Girls, it makes me want to try to fly by climbing my roof and strapping bricks to my shoes."

Ed Vedder
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 01-12-2004, 11:41 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
"As a writer, you should recognize that comedy and tragedy are the necessary element[s]; otherwise you must’ve failed your Shakespeare class."

Maynard James Keenan, in an interview on vh1.com
Old 01-12-2004, 11:53 PM   #12
jango
USER INFO »
"There's no huge, deep message in any of the songs. It was just what was going on in my head right then. We had good times, and we had bad times. We recorded a few months of being human."

Layne Staley
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 01-13-2004, 12:14 AM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
"Everything I know, I stole directly from Ace Frehley, Angus Young and Keith Richards. That's how you learn. I used to sit for hours and copy every lick on those early AC/DC and Kiss records. From there I went to Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan. After a while, you kind of develop your own style."

Mike McCready
Old 01-13-2004, 02:47 AM   #14
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) "Everything I know, I stole directly from Ace Frehley, Angus Young and Keith Richards. That's how you learn. I used to sit for hours and copy every lick on those early AC/DC and Kiss records. From there I went to Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan. After a while, you kind of develop your own style."

Mike McCready

that is what i really like about Mike he is very humble and isn't afraid to show how he is influenced and I guess rips from others. He wasen't afraid to admit that Given to Fly sounds awfully like Going to California. Here is a rather long quote from Roger Waters.

Roger Waters
"You learn nothing from a lie."

About The Wall concert in Berlin:

"It was very, very hard work organizing that Wall concert but everyone was fabulous to work with - Bryan Adams, Van Morrison, Cyndi Lauper, bloody brilliant. All brilliant. Except for Sinead O'Connor. Oh, God! I have never ever met anybody who is so self-involved and unprofessional and big-headed and unpleasant. She is so far up her own bum it's scary. With The Wall, she was so worried that there weren't any other (adopts Irish "brogue") 'young people on the show'. I and everybody else were old farts in her opinion so she was worried that she was doing something that wasn't 'street' enough. And because it wasn't 'street' enough, she came up with this brilliant idea: she said that I should employ Ice-T or one of those people to re-work one of my songs as a rap number! I am not joking! And neither was she joking! That's the sad thing - she was serious! And then a couple of months after the show, when the record was out, she did an interview on American television, millions of viewers, and she rubbished the whole thing, said the Wall concert was a load of wank. I don't care what she thought about it but she should have kept her mouth shut because it could only hurt the charity, the memorial fund and everything that Leonard (Cheshire) had done. She doesn't understand anything. She's just a silly little girl. You can't just lie in the corner and shave your bloody head and stick up your arse and occasionally pull it out to go ("brogue") 'Oh, I tink this is wrong and dat is wrong' and burst into tears