++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-23-2004, 02:56 AM   #16
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Doesn't beating a dead horse get tiring after a while? I mean, i've noticed that we have went over pretty much all what-if's (no pun intended). I believe that it would be healthier to take everything one step at a time and not sit on the board and fret over everything. There are too many what if's that we wont have answers to until both stapp and tremonti have their cd's out, are both touring, and both make some sort of public announcement concerning their plans for Creed. Oh, and to the person that started this thread, it wouldnt be creed minus scott stapp, because there is positivly no creed without stapp. Every band member had their part in making creed, but without stapp they would just be Reed, think abou it, he was the lead singer, the lead personality, the main voice of the band, and the most intense showman when it came to a live show. Stapp couldnt be replaced in a million years within the band, and the band still be Creed minus stapp. That would be like Tool minus Maynard James Keenan, Bon Jovi without Jon Bon Jovi, or Metallica without James Hetfield. None of those bands would be the same without their lead singer, none of them would have the right to call themselves that if they lost their lead singer.

what if creed didn't have stapp
what if they got respect
what if shredding was the flavour of the month
would hair bands descend again
would poison come back
for a reunion tour
damn you tremonti its all your fault
what if you lied?

Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-25-2004, 05:15 PM   #17
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Yes, SIR !!

You mean yes mam....hehehe
Old 05-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #18
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Doesn't beating a dead horse get tiring after a while? I mean, i've noticed that we have went over pretty much all what-if's (no pun intended). I believe that it would be healthier to take everything one step at a time and not sit on the board and fret over everything. There are too many what if's that we wont have answers to until both stapp and tremonti have their cd's out, are both touring, and both make some sort of public announcement concerning their plans for Creed. Oh, and to the person that started this thread, it wouldnt be creed minus scott stapp, because there is positivly no creed without stapp. Every band member had their part in making creed, but without stapp they would just be Reed, think abou it, he was the lead singer, the lead personality, the main voice of the band, and the most intense showman when it came to a live show. Stapp couldnt be replaced in a million years within the band, and the band still be Creed minus stapp. That would be like Tool minus Maynard James Keenan, Bon Jovi without Jon Bon Jovi, or Metallica without James Hetfield. None of those bands would be the same without their lead singer, none of them would have the right to call themselves that if they lost their lead singer.

Well Said!!!!!!! Thank you
Old 05-25-2004, 05:26 PM   #19
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) sorry for hijacking your thread musicmind btw haven't seen you around in a little while! anyhow johellion i think scott was the leader in a sense because that is naturally is personality and the other members are more reserved. he didn't have the title to be leader he was the leader. see the difference?

back to the orignal topic and in answer to the question. the only way i can see alter bridge and creed co-existing is if they are vastly different bands with completely different sounds much like with Maynard with Tool and A Perfect Circle.

They are going to be vastly different....with a different sound...My son was at Brians, for a few months, and was able to hear AB on several occasions, as well as talking to Brian.....I am told this music was gonna blow us away!!

As far as Stapp....if you want to talk about that futher....we can PM...
Old 05-25-2004, 05:42 PM   #20
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »

Hell Yeah......
Old 05-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #21
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) HaHa I know And A DAMN Good LEADER HE WAS AT THAT, Wouldnt You Say, Na That Mite Hurt Wouldnt It

And why Mite that hurt me Creedsis?..Why did you even say that?..Do you KNOW him? I have not talked to the man since 2000, but I have to say I have been around the dude(all of them as a matter of fact) from the very beginning...I will not argue on this board....but if you would like to talk ....feel free to PM me.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:51 PM   #22
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) And why Mite that hurt me Creedsis?..Why did you even say that?..Do you KNOW him? I have not talked to the man since 2000, but I have to say I have been around the dude(all of them as a matter of fact) from the very beginning...I will not argue on this board....but if you would like to talk ....feel free to PM me.

You haven't talked to him in almost four years.....but you are willing to spill your guts about him in a private message?

I for one am not interested in all the gossip you like to hint that you know about someone you haven't seen in years.....sorry.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #23
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) You mean yes mam....hehehe
I'm sorry, lol
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-25-2004, 07:01 PM   #24
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) You haven't talked to him in almost four years.....but you are willing to spill your guts about him in a private message?

I for one am not interested in all the gossip you like to hint that you know about someone you haven't seen in years.....sorry.

Look Dude or chick or whoever you are....a person said something TO ME....and it did not reflect on you at all....I DO NOT spill my guts to anyone....I will be willing to talk to this person maturely...I NEVER devulge anything that I shouldn't...and so what... if I haven't talked to him in 4 yrs.I think a persons personality is given from birth....I was around him/them off and on from 96...I am 47 yrs old!!!! I don't gossip!!! Never have....and If I say anything...it is the truth....So ...YOU my friend get off your high horse!!! I will not argue with you on a BB....Like I said if you want to talk about it PM me.....That does NOT mean gossip!!!! I said TALK!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:10 PM   #25
Jez
USER INFO »
Oy.....

Please, let's keep this calm or this thread will get locked

Creed~~Bullets
Old 05-25-2004, 09:46 PM   #26
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ladies, settle this through PM's or it will be closed.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 05-25-2004, 10:02 PM   #27
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) Oy.....

Please, let's keep this calm or this thread will get locked
Hi Stace.

Why can't everyone just leave Scott alone.

johellion, I'm sorry, but your precious Brian wouldn't be where he is today if it wasn't for Scott. You are obviously bias. Brian is no angel, you can't tell me that he hasn't been in a few fights.

I am so tired of everybody thinking that Mark and Michael walk on water. If it wasn't for Scott Stapp being who he was and is, Creed would have never happened. Everyone seems to forget who wrote 95% of the lyrics. He's an amazing songwriter, singer and stage performer.

And you can't tell me that it wasn't wrong of Mark calling Myles something like "the best in the world". Pleeeeezzzzeee. It's like he's stabbing Scott in the back by saying that.

I'm so frustrated I even forgot what this thread was about in the first place.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:18 PM   #28
Echelon122
USER INFO »
So one can say "Brian (Flip or Mark) wouldn't be where they are without Stapp.

Yet, you can't dare say "Scott wouldn't be where he was without them"???

Wow...hell of a double standard there.

johellion were you on Creednet? JECF40 right??

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:38 PM   #29
chafin24
USER INFO »
you what scott stapp really shows the lack of maturity,and he is like 30 something he really needs to grow up.I am glad mark and scott p and brian m and myles are mature. Its shows that mark tremonti has grown up in the past couple of years.

Last edited by chafin24 : 05-25-2004 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:53 PM   #30
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I am confused as to what people want. Do they WANT a Creed-y band, and are just upset that Scott isn't in it. Do they want a clear separation between the two?

I have seen Alter Bridge in person. They are not Creed. Not in any way, shape or form. I don't understand begrudging Mark and Stapp the opportunity or the desire to move on.

Could it just be that Mark chose bandmates with whom he was already familiar? He knows their work, he knows their talents, he knows what kind of product he can expect from them. Could it just be that he had heard of Myles' talent and thought that it would fit into the direction he wanted to take? Could it just be that the lead singer of his other band was off doing other things?

Could it be that Stapp wanted to explore other avenues? That he wanted to work with other producers, other musicians?

Seriously, there are bigger issues in the world.

I wish both these men great success.