++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 11:38 PM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I don't want to get into a pissing contest about loyalties to specific band members, but let's all try to remember that this was a GROUP. The whole in this case equals the sum of its parts. Stapp may have written the lyrics, but Mark wrote the music and you can't have one without the other. I'm sure there were countless efforts from the other two members as well. It was a BAND, not just Scott Stapp.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:50 PM   #32
Delirium
USER INFO »
creedlvr i know EXACTLY how you feel, but i am on the other side of the coin. I am going to boycott Stapp's cd for the exact same reasons.

but if the error is in Mark idno what i'll do. But noone knows whos fault it was or if it was mutual so let's just leave it at that.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:50 PM   #33
creedlvr
USER INFO »
yeah ... I get that. But I don't think that anyone here can deny that Stapp is a HUGE part of why Creed are who they are.

I understand full well that they are a GROUP ... and that the others contributed greatly. However, what do you think of when you think of Creed?

I think of that awsome voice, the deep lyrics, the great live shows (sorry, but the frontman and the energy level is what people see first).

Even the "not so positive feedback" ... a Pearl Jam knockoff (because of Stapp's voice), a christian rock band (because of Scott's background leading to his lyrics) ....

It all focuses MOSTLY on Scott. You can not deny that the frontman of any group is usually the main focus. It's how you identify the group.

There are only a select few groups that I can think of where a member other than the lead singer stood out more than the rest. I'd say ... KISS (Gene Simmons) ... Van Halen (Eddie Van Halen) ... not many others.

Sorry - say what you will ... but Creed is not Creed without Scott.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:53 PM   #34
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I totally agree with you there, Dogstar. That is so true.

And who is saying that Tremonti and Flip ganged up on Stapp? There is no evidence of that! See the story is getting mixed up, it's still not straight. Which pisses me off I'm not blaming anyone but one of the band members need to come out and tell their worried fans.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 11-21-2003, 11:55 PM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Creedlvr, I'm not saying it's not. All I'm saying is that there were/are four and three members of the band. Yes, there is a lot of focus on the frontman in most groups, but I for one often focus more on the music before the lyrics. That's what always draws me in. It was Mark's guitar that caught my ear more than Stapp's voice. I won't deny that he is awesome live and has a lot of charisma and a wonderful voice. That's why he's the frontman. Sorry, say what you will, but to dismiss the major contributions of Mark is totally wrong, in my opinion.

The energy level comes from more than just Scott. Flip is nuts on the kit, Mark is a headbanging maniac and Brett was a monster on stage.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:57 PM   #36
hayley
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-creedlvr+11-22-2003 04:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedlvr @ 11-22-2003 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Sorry - say what you will ... but Creed is not Creed without Scott. [/b][/quote]
That is defenitly true, I mean he is the frontman, but Creed is no Creed without a guitarist, drummer and a bassist. Creed is a BAND, not just Scott Stapp.

Old 11-21-2003, 11:59 PM   #37
Delirium
USER INFO »
AMEN DOGSTAR!
Old 11-22-2003, 12:03 AM   #38
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I am not disagreeing with any of that. But still ... IMO ... Scott is the driver and they will not be the same without him.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:18 AM   #39
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Apparently, we don't have a lot of Scott fans here and quite frankly, I'm not sure how anyone could say that they are Creed fans if they don't like Scott.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:22 AM   #40
creedlvr
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Delirium+11-21-2003 11:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Delirium @ 11-21-2003 11:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> creedlvr i know EXACTLY how you feel, but i am on the other side of the coin. I am going to boycott Stapp's cd for the exact same reasons.

but if the error is in Mark idno what i'll do. But noone knows whos fault it was or if it was mutual so let's just leave it at that. [/b][/quote]
Why exactly would you boycott Scott's cd? I must have missed something. What "exact same reasons"? I'm talking about the whole group abandoning Scott. How could that be the same on your side of the coin?

And...
you're saying that if it's Stapp's fault you'll boycott his cd ... but if it's Mark's fault, you don't know what you'll do.

hmmm... sounds a bit one-sided.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:32 AM   #41
hayley
USER INFO »
I think everyone who is going to boycott any CD's made my the Creed members are pathetic. You obviously don't appreciate the gift and the meaning of the talent that they each have...

"Oh I'm going to boycott Scott's CD if it's his fault"

"Oh I'm going to boycott Mark/Flip's CD if it's their fault"

Don't you think that is abit childish...they are still the same guys, with the same amazing talent, and I am going to be buying each CD because I stand right beside all of them for whatever they do because I am a true fan.

And creedlvr, you are talking bullshit now, there aren't many Scott fans on this board...oh please get a hold of yourself! Look at my name! ADDICTED2STAPP!! Do you think I would have made that my username if I liked mark or flip "better"? No.

Old 11-22-2003, 12:32 AM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I do like Scott. I'm just saying that because he is the frontman, a lot of people overlook the other members of the band. Mark is just as responsible for Creed's sound as Scott is. You can't have Creed without either one of them.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:34 AM   #43
hayley
USER INFO »
And of course Scott Phillips. What would Creed sound like without a drummer? What would any band sound like without a drummer? Pretty damn stupid if you ask me. All guys are equal to me.

Old 11-22-2003, 12:39 AM   #44
creedlvr
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-22-2003 12:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-22-2003 12:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You can't have Creed without either one of them.[/b][/quote]
THAT ... I agree with!

It's just that everyone seems to be so happy about this new band and I really can't understand it. It will just not be the same!
Old 11-22-2003, 12:44 AM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It's not that I'm happy about the supposed new band. I'm just glad they aren't giving up on music altogether. Stapp is supposedly working on solo stuff. I'm just as anxious to still get to hear his voice as I am to hear what Mark is going to do. Basically, I think people are trying to look at what positives can come of this and make the best of it.
Closed Thread