++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 11:15 AM   #1
Creed_zakon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Something about me , music , Creed , Pearl Jam ... MUST READ 4 everyone here

I wrote big post so here it is in 4 pieces cause the board can take up to 10000 characters and the my post is more than 35000.

1st PART

Hi fellow Creed fans ...... once upon a time i was one of you ......
Now i want to tell you the true Creed story and also why i am not a fan anymore ......
It goes like this and its gonna be a huge story so are you ready ? ... ok :
I listen to rock music ...... my favourite classic rock bands/performers are :
Jimi Hendrix ,The Doors , Rolling Stones , Deep Purple , Bob Dylan , Bruce Springsteen , Led Zeppelin , The Who , Pink Floyd , Neil Young etc .
I also love these bands that continued their roots :
Seattle bands from late '80s and early '90s : Mother Love Bone , Nirvana , Soundgarden , Pearl Jam , Alice In Chains , Temple Of The Dog , Mad Season . Also U2 , G'n'R , Radiohead , Goo Goo Dolls , Oasis , Foo Fighters(with Nirvana's Dave Grohl) , Red Hot Chili Peppers , R.E.M. , Dave Mathews Band , Live , Beck , Lenny Krawitz , and the bands from the mid and late '90s like : Queens of The Stone Age , Bush , Silverchair , Incubus , Coldplay , Lifehouse , Creed , 3 Doors Down , The Doves , The Vines etc.
Like i said i like all these bands .
You see all these bands ... some of them were some of them still are great rock bands .
Loving a band and being a fan is not the same . A "FAN" i think i can define this word : a "FAN" is someone who loves the band and its members not only about the music , also about other things like their personality , their agenda , their creativity ... i am a fan of a few bands and when i am talking about them i am so proud , cause there is nothing that can make me feel embaressed when someone will mention them . So i am a fan of these bands : Pearl Jam(the most) , Soundgarden , Nirvana ...... now i am gonna tell you and explain why ...... Through the 80s the most popular was the metal scene which i didn't like so much with some exceptions and also i read a lot of articles about that "Groupie thing" which was so popular and almost every band at that time was involved in some non-music scandals with groupies and so ... it seemed that the most important thing for them was sex and the real rock fans were not feling good about that . Then late 80s and early 90s Soundgarden , Nirvana , Pearl Jam , and Alice In Chains were the new bands that came out and brought something new to the rock scene that time . They were singing songs about real life ...... the media machine put them all in 1 bag and called them Grunge cause they were all coming from Seattle ...... you have to have at least a little inteligence and music knowledge to realise that Soundgarden and Alice In Chains had metal roots and Nirvana and Pearl Jam had rock roots ......
Why is Nirvana so big today and why Pearl Jam is still working but is not popular ...... i am gonna make it clear this for all of you cause i want you to learn something ............
Kurt Cobain ... so talented guy , great song writer , good lyricist ...... everything that is needed to be succesful in the world of rock music , you just have to have a little luck. So after releasing Bleach i think you remember that Nirvana was not so popular and didn't get many fans . But Nevermind was something very very different . When 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' came out i believe that every rock fan got chills in that time . It was something new , something different but also something great that you could feel it in the air ...... After 'Nevermind' Nirvana was a great band and also very popular and big in the whole world .
1990 , Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament(former members of Mother Love Bone whose singer Andy Wood died of Heroin overdose) are looking for a singer for their future band cause it was all over with Mother Love Bone. Stone Gossard wrote a lot of the music in the previous bands that he played . At some party he met Mike McCready who already played in some local bands . Stone was amazed of his soloing and guitar skills and asked him if he wants to join in his new band . Mike accepted . So they recorded a demo tape with 3 instrumental songs without lyrics . Jack Irons(former RHCP drummer) friend of Stone took that demo tape and gave it to a guy named Eddie Vedder . Actually Eddie was a member of Bad Radio local San Diego band but they split up cause of the differences between band members . Jack Irons met him while RHCP had a gig there and Eddie was very interested to meet some of the members cause he was a great music fan . So Eddie got the tape and listened the music . He was a surfer so while surfing and after listening the music that was on the tape a lot of times one day the lyrics just clicked and he wrote them on a paper . That were Alive and Black . Went to his home , sang the lyrics over the music on the tape and send the tape back to Seattle . Stone and Jeff listened the tape and were amazed . Said to him to come in Seattle so they can start writing more material and maybe record an album. Eddie came in Seattle and the first song they performed together was Alive . Almost all the songs on TEN are Stone's music and Vedder's lyrics . Their first name was 'Mookie Blaylock' after the New Jersy Nets' playmaker. Later they changed their name to Pearl Jam(cause of Eddie's grand-grandmother Pearl and she was making a unique jam that everyone liked) and released their debut TEN. Pearl Jam didn't get popular overnight like Nirvana with "smells like teen spirit" , the popularuty was rising step by step as the people were listening to the album and recomending to friends and so on ... TEN has sold 11million copies up to date. Kurt thought that they were sell-outs and in it for the money and also "posers" . But I think that just came out his own insecurity. Pearl Jam proved that with the next album Vs. . With TEN PJ was so popular and so big and ofcourse got a lot of money . Eddie in the past was living poor life and all this popularity came in just 2 years and he was not feeling so good about that . If you want to be popular you must live with some things like : listening a lot of roumors that hurt bad , doing a lot of media stuff like a lot of interviews , the media treats you like garbage saying about you whatever they like and all that was to much for Eddie to handle and also for Pearl Jam . So they decided to pull back . With Vs. they made a record which sold more then 950000 copies in its first week and more than 7 millions up to date. So with every next album the popularity was going down .. Why ? Cause PJ decided to not record videos of suport for their albums . Eddie said that videos are ruining the picture that every fan should have about any song but that picture had to be different for everyone and videos sometimes are overplayed and it also ruins the music .
Also the only video with story , Jeremy which was telling a story about a boy that is killing himself in the end cause his parents didn't take care about him and his life so he lives in a world of his own. MTV decided not to play the video cause it was too ofensive , but Pearl Jam was only telling a story about how any of the kids out there can be just like Jeremy(which was a true story which Eddie read in a newspaper) .Eventhough PJ for Jeremy got 3 awards at Video Music Awards .
Why i also am proud of Pearl Jam ......... to many reasons but here they are :
i am sure you all heard about the Ticketmaster and how that works . Well Pearl Jam made a statement that they can't accept the ticket to be more than 20 dollars cause their average fanbase are teenagers , and 40 dollars for a kid is a lot of money. But the Ticketmaster didn't agree with the statement and Pearl Jam instead of accepting the Ticketmaster's deal they said they will try to handle with that by themselves . Stone and Jeff were in a court about this case but Ticketmaster won . So Pearl Jam respecting their fans they did all by themselves ... at first they must've play the venues that are not under Ticketmaster and that was very hard cause all the big venues and amphitheaters were under Ticketmaster . But Pearl Jam tried to hard , struggled and canceled the tour at the end cause Eddie was very sick and got a breakdown . Every ticket didn't cost more than 20$ for the tour in support for Vs. although they were still one of the most popular bands in the world in that time and they could charge much more .
Pearl Jam chosed this way , not the money . They chosed the music , they chosed their fans.

continue with the 2nd PIECE
Old 01-29-2003, 11:17 AM   #2
Creed_zakon
USER INFO »
2nd PIECE

2nd PIECE

Since TEN came out Pearl Jam has a fanclub called Tenclub and every year they send 2 newsletters with so many interesting thing for the fans and very thoughtful things and also 1 christmas single on vynil. There are about 30000 fanclub members since TEN came out. Every fanclub can preorder a ticket for any concert of a tour and take a special treatment (the best seats) . I think this is a great way to show to the fans love and respect . With every next album , sales are falling but Pearl Jam just continued to work what they do the best ... make great rock music and not care a lot about the sales .
Every Pearl Jam album is different ... you can't compare any of them ... the creativity is everytime different and the guys are experimenting a lot and they still enjoy what they do and they do it great . The album sales of their last efforts are great for a band that is not making videos and a lot of interviews and promotion .
Pearl Jam did so many benefit concerts and so many million to support organizations that need money especially a lot of benefit concerts in their hometown .
I am bored to write more but i really want to tell you some things and you might take them serious and you might take a different decision about some things ...
Eddie is one of the greatest front men in the world and also one of the smartest which he proved with his quotes , with his lyrics , with his words , with his acts ... He never dissrespected one of the older influences just to say that he/PJ is/are better . I mean if you all here are about the music you should all check more on the net about Pearl Jam and what they were doing these 12 years ......
Now i wanna say some things about Creed ...... well My Own Prison was something that make me happy and i liked that album so much ... great guitar , great vocal , something that reminded me of my favourite band Pearl Jam ... i was so happy ... i liked the music also , some mid tempo , some hard tracks , some mellow ... it was all really great ... All this was a big reason for me to check more and to dig into Creed like every future fan of a band should dig deeper ...... At first it was all so good and i remember reading so many interviews where i find that Scott was more into U2 and Doors stuff and Mark was into metal stuff Slayer , Metalica and so . It looked like a really interesting combination . I didn't see many similarities between Creed and Pearl Jam except vocals but if you have trained ear you will everytime know who is Stapp and who is Eddie , and also after listening PJ a lot , Stapp i can say has a deeper voice but not better . Eddie can so easy catch any high note , you don't believe then check any live versions of any song and i have some live versions and live videos where Stapp is struggling to catch some notes . I can say Stapps voice is very good on the albums but singing live is what is more important and what is respected more , i think anyone agrees . How i started to not like Creed like i used to : first i remember i read an interview where stapp says this :

SlayerRob asks: Scott,some have compared you to Eddie Vedder of Pearl
Jam...what do you think of that comparison?
ROL_guest: Scott S: I kick his ass completely!Eddie Vedder keeps changing
his vocal style.

I dont see any respect here from Stapp to Vedder . I also in that interview Stapp said that he liked Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock who were the most popular 'rap rockers' in that time . I think he said that just to catch more fans and to be cool or something . I mean how can someone who listened to Morrison and Bono now like Limp Bizkit . I think i am right about this cause after a while happend the accident with Limp Bizkit , you know what i am talking about .
This was the first thing that somehow said to me "don't like this band anymore like you used to" . Then I remember that Marshalls interview which i think happend somewhere in Seattle on some radio station , in the Pearl Jam land , where he said that Eddie wishes he could write like Stapp . Interesting . I hope Brian heard all the albums and all the songs . But it was just an opinion , but at the same time it was very offensive which was a mistake that can hurt so many Pearl Jam fans that liked Creed , the ones like myself . It hurt bad . But Stapp is very clever and knew about that and maybe do the right thing . I am sure he also did what he did cause of the financial point of view . Pearl Jam is very respected of the music comunity and saying something against them can hurt Creed a lot . But how the Creed story continued . I even couldn't wait for the next album , i was so curious to see what else can Creed offer . I honestly must say that i was not impresed with Human Clay . What i heard was heavy guitar on everysong and almost every song seemed like default Creed song which is not a good thing . I thought that they realised that the formula with the My Own Prison is really good and can sell many copies and they use it on this record also . Anyway i again didn't stop liking Creed but however i was not a fan like i used to .
I just thought that Creed wanted to make so much money while they can ...... and why must Scott do all that poses in the videos ... i mean he is pretty , if he thinks to sell records with his beauty i don't like him anymore . I was still ok . But i said to myself that i'll give Creed last chance with Weathered . I again was excited to hear this album and again Creed with their same formula . Songs with lyrics that can everyone relate to , catchy melodies , and again heavy guitar by Tremonti(Lullaby was the only acoustic mellow track) . What i am trying to say with this ? I dont say the songs are similar . I am saying they all start mellow and calm and the chorus or the end of the song goes harder . I want to say that the concept of the songs is the same only there is different solo in each of them . Pity For A Dime , In America , One , Faceless Man , Who's Got My Back , One Last Breath , Is This The End , To Whom It May Concern , Weathered etc . They all start with beautiful Tremonti intro , then the song starts mellow and Stapp is singing not screaming . Then later in the song or the 2nd chorus , i don't know why , but Stapp must sing loud or scream and Tremonti's guitar goes on dystorsion , heavy sound . Hey , don't get me wrong , i like these songs and i see a lot of talent here but i don't see a lot of creativity from Creed . Why they never try to expariment with something new and to be unique to be remembered of that . I can't find even 2 Pearl Jam songs that have same concept and sound a like . I of course can't put Pearl Jam and Creed in the same kind of rock cause Creed is i must say heavier cause of Mark's guitar but after listening a lot of Creed it sometimes seems like listening the same song with a little different chords or riffs .
What else . Also i even can't imagine Pearl Jam recording a video like My Sacrifice , or One Last Breath . If you can imagine this :

<Director> Ok Ed, now pull yourself up outta the water.
<Ed> Huh?
<Director> Ed, can you give me a little more action with your arms
and hands, maybe clench them and then act like your praying.
<Matt> Is it really nessesary to have all this water om my drum
kit??!
<Mike> Well at least youre not down IN the shit playing an electric
guitar!!!
<Director> Ed.... i need you to open your shirt a little..... CAN WE
GET SOME MORE WIND IN HERE.... WE NEED MORE WIND BLOWING EDDIE'S
HAIR!

Isn't this redicilous ........... i mean why Stapp continues with his higher-than-God poses on the videos ...... i can see only one reason ... trying to be cool ...... I don't know how Scott likes this but if i was on his place i don't want to see tenagers at my concerts that like my face more than my music if he only matters about his music. If he matters only about the money i understand him . He is not stoping with all these expencive videos that are overplayed on MTV . Go to a Pearl Jam concert . I bet 99% of the audience is there for the music . I know a lot of you even one more time attended to a Pearl Jam concert and you saw what kind of a crowd is that , crowd that respects music , that knows what is rock music . On every Pearl Jam concert band members wear normal clothes reminding us that the money didn't changed them . I see Stapp on the concert with 2 earings, so many decorations on his hands , face , make-up , leather panths and so on ... why doesn't he try to learn to play guitar more than preparing that he plays on Stand Here With Me . Eddie is playing on every album after TEN and also he plays at least on the half of the set with the band at a concert. So you can imagine how much better is when you hear 3 guitars in Pearl Jam and only Mark in Creed .

continue reading with the 3rd PIECE
Old 01-29-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
Creed_zakon
USER INFO »
3rd PIECE

3rd PIECE

I don't have anything against Mark i must say ... also Scott P. cause i don't see anything wrong about them and i don't know what they think actually about all these things that i mentioned about Stapp and Creed. But Mr.Scott Stapp is trying to hard to be a rock star . He is the main reason why i am not a Creed Fan anymore . This that happend before New Year in Chicago is also very disrespectful to fans . Imagine you pay 50$ to see your idols and you are afraid that maybe tonight he will do something embarrassing . I don't know what any true Creed fan can say to defend Stapp . And i totally understand that girl here who said that she was there and she is very dissapointed of him and she just can't be Creed fan anymore .
You can say i am wrong and Creed sells millions . Ok. Who is buying their record . The most of the fanbase are under 16 who watch MTV and think Creed is the coolest thing today . I don't have anything against kids under 16 or so , but there is no way that a kid knows what is rock or what you have to respect . These kids didn't listen to many of the classic rock bands and that they can compare Creed and decide are Creed good or not , with this i can't accept every kid under 16 for a serious audience just for these reasons . I was 15 once and i also didn't know a lot about music in that time . Pearl Jam had this problem with TEN . Everykind of audience . Some of them were just loving Eddie , some of them thought that Pearl Jam is the coolest band in that time cause Jeremy and Alive and Even Flow were on MTV on heavy rotation . So Pearl Jam pulled back just to find the audience to be proud of , audience that loves their music , and THAT is definitely the most important thing.
The fans and the audience that don't like you cause of your music are not the right fans . Eddie Vedder said after releasing No Code(which sold about 1,2 millions) and Yield(1,7 millions) :
"I'm making music for music's sake, and I have an audience I'm proud of."
One of the greatest and most honest quotes i've heard in a while cause he proved that .
It seems Creed is not going to pull back a little . I only doubt how many albums will Creed sell after recording 4 more ... but i matured and Creed didnt ... and Stapps attitude started to get to me ... and those synthed strings!!! ......... maybe some day Stapp will change and Creed will change a little more so i will start to like them again like i used to . Right now i am just ashamed to mention to someone that is really into good rock music that i love Creed ... i don't know who wont be ashamed of that .

Recently i just typed "pearl"on the search engine on this forum and wanted to read what are you fans thinking about Pearl Jam . I'll go now with talking to many of you here :

DangerousDan85 said this :

1. Christina Aguilera- Stripped (deep thought
provoking and personal record by this sexy, but
sweet diva)

2. Justin Timberlake- Justified (great debut by
this talented performer, excellent voice)

3. Will Smith- Born to Reign ("Nod Ya Head"
should be song of the year, his best yet)

4. Nelly- Nellyville (great sophmore effort w/
catchy beats and lyrics, great to dance to)

5. Eminem- The Eminem Show (what can I say,
third times a charm, this boy got skillz)

i like to say to you dan85 this : if you mix Creed with all this pop stuff you are just someone who listens to popular(cool) things and you don't know anything about rock music .

to JenRN :
I am sooooo sick of this Pearl Jam thing!!!!
Eddie Vedder LOOSER he is just jealous of Scott!
Like I said before with Fred Durst "where the
hell has he been for the last 3-4 years?" Eddie
vedder has no talent that is obvious!!!!!!! He
is just another jealous "in the moment wonder"
rock star that fizzled out when people really
saw the lack of talent!!!!!! Get a new flannel
shirt Eddie!

shame on you JenRN ... you think Eddie has no money huh ? ... well i am sorry but i don't know if you know that more than 90% of the avenues where PJ played last 10 years were sold-out and the most of the money that every band earns are from touring ... this is a fact . So Eddie has no reason to offend Scott for selling less . Have you seen Pearl Jam video in years . No of course . Do you know how many bands that have made videos never sold much more than million and Pearl Jam without any video support and also any interviews and promotion sold more than 4 millions with No Code , Yield and Binaural . Also Pearl Jam is thinking much more for the fans and even released 72 live bootlegs ... and now is in the history of the Billboard cause in 2000 Pearl Jam 5 of the bootlgs were on the Billboard TOP 200 ... this is a little info about you . You will say after this what are they doing now with Riot Act ...... ok here is the answer : Pearl Jam felt that they made strong record ... So the thing is that they want to get at least a little promotion cause it would be bad a good record to be just skipped by any rock fan and also to ones that know what good music is. So they get together in the Chop Suey in Seattle and in 2 days they recorded 4 videos for Save You(you can watch it in MuchMusic , I Am Mine(non-US release) and also for Thunbing My Way and 1/2 full . The thing is that they get together in that local-club playing live(music on the videos is from playing live there , not studio versions of the songs) and not recording videos like Jeremy cause they already said they are against that . I read somewhere that the videos are not good . It is not about how good the videos are . It is about promoting the music . Some girl said that Eddie and the others are not dressed well and they don't look good ... so stupid from her but God forgives to ones that don't know what are they talking about ... you understand what i am talking don't you ... if anyone wants to look at pretty faces and expencive clothes rent movies , don't watch videos that has to promote music and even stop listen to music .

Xterminator27 i read this from you :
I think eddie is, like you said jealous
that creed is ahead of them in sales, fans and
time.

also Creed never trashed other bands!! Ur just maken
that up .

and this I havnt heard much of pearl jam, dont think their
very big in Canada

The same thing about you Xterminator ... you are so happy with the Creed sales that you even don't have to go to a CD shop and pick any other rock album(it doesn't have to be Pearl Jam's) and to say that you found another great rock album ...... i am sorry for you ...... Have Eddie ever offend Stapp for his voice ....... he just said nicely that Scott just have to relax and he might be more happy with his voice cause at this time everyone else out there except Eddie and Creed fans is accusing him that he is ripping Eddie. He even said that he was in the same position when he was starting and he was not so coumfortable with his voice but after a few years everything went well ........ about Creed never trashed other bands ... i already said a lot about that , you even probably don't know why Marshall was fired huh? ......
... and you probably need to hear that some band is really big in Canada and then you will buy their album huh? I am sorry for you but i don't consider you as a real music and rock fan in general ... real music fan is digging everywhere and finds by himself is the band great , good or just an average band ... i can't judge how good someones music if i don't listen to it by myself ...

continue with the last 4th PIECE
Old 01-29-2003, 11:20 AM   #4
Creed_zakon
USER INFO »
4th PIECE of my post (the last one)

4th PIECE (the last one)

to Read JDM who wrote this :
1. Vitalogy (an underrated classic in the grand
rock tradition)
2. Vs (this is where my respect for Pearl Jam
comes from)
3. No Code (decent enough album that I
appreciated more over time)
4. Ten (so overplayed it's painful to listen to
anymore)
5. Binaural (whatever)
6. Riot Act (I've only heard the single, which
was moderately listenable)
7. Yield (if Riot Act is worse than some of the
garbage on this album, then I hope Pearl Jam
goes away)

I really wish Pearl Jam just made more songs
like Tremor Christ. I love that damned song.

Listen Read JDM ...... you probably listen to radio a lot and thats why you don't like TEN ... you think that any DJ has better taste in music than you have about you. No you are DJ for you . I never listen to radio stations like ones that just play some bands. you if you have abillity to realise what is great album and what is garbage than don't let some dumb DJ to ruin your opinion . I can never say something bad for TEN . Maybe the most complete rock album of the 90s . But i dont listen to it everyday like you used to on that radio. Whenever i like to remind of the time when Pearl Jam started i put TEN in the CD player . I have not listened to TEN for months .
You don't like Yield ... ok ... your opinion ... just to mention that on Yield every other can find many mid tempo songs , a few rockers and a few ballads . Do The Evolution is the greatest rocker on this album and from the mid-tempo i can say Faithfull , Given To Fly & In Hiding are the best ... please check them ... and also a few mellow tracks , Low Light is the best ...... i mean the lyrics are really great on this album ... Eddie at his best ... i don't know have you ever read that the lyrics on Yield , i mean Eddie was inspired of a book called Ishmael by Daniel Quinn ... it is a great book and every book lover should read this masterpiece which can give you another way of looking at life and change some opinions .... maybe if you knew that the book was inspiration for all Pearl Jam members who reccomend this book to the fans and even organized a contest to the fans , the fans had to use their creativity after reading this book and the best creations of art got some things with Pearl Jam hand-signitures ..... so now you might give Yield a little more respect ......

To Steve who said:
I am not a big fan of Pearl Jam... I do like
many of their songs though - just never got into
them like I did with Creed. I should really buy
a few of their albums though.

Yeah Steve you really should ... if you some day do that , do that for your sake ... not for me , not for Pearl Jam ... for you ...

creedfan47a wrote this after someone mentioning that he likes The Police:
The Police??? Gosh, you're old.

creedfan47a .... if you are not old then i bet you don't know what is respect . I don't think that if music is old then the music isn't good . Do you? But you probably want newer bands and "rap-rock" groups the most ... the cooler ones ... the most popular ones ... you know what? it's your life you do what you want ... but forget about that word "respect" ...

i also read that in most of your top10 album lists is TEN : Why TEN everywhere ... you are lazy enough to find on internet that Pearl Jam has released 6 more albums ... or you just dont see any coolness in them huh? "They are not popular anymore so forget them" .......
How can you just buy TEN , like that album a lot and not buy anything after . I really can't understand . For me only one good song is enough to buy album and to check whats on it .
With this you lose ... you probably listen to music just to say to your friends that you listen to "this" band and they are the coolest in the world and they sell so many records and they are on every chart and so ... you maybe don't know about the chills that every music fan gets after he listens to a great song or great music that means something to him ...
I am sorry but you are missing a lot . This is not to everyone here on this board ... you know who you are ... i am just triing to make you dig a little more into the bands that should get some respect from everyone ... i don't say to you that Pearl Jam is the best band in the world or that Pearl Jam was the best band in the world ... i am telling you that Creed is not the only thing that has happend to the music world so if you like music and not just Scott's face , or Creed's popularity you really have to agree with a hell-lot of what i've said ...

to jango and Dogstar :
I am a little surprised that a little older people(i suppose) and people who know what good music is spend so much time on this board and there are so many boards where you can disscuss about much more serious topics than Creed's new video where Stapp is doing some new Rockstar poses ......

I wish you all good luck in your lifes and just to remind you that being a fan of any band is one of the greatest things in the world , but it depends how you you see at that ...... if you really think that Stapp through the years made something that you can forgive and that in the world there is no guy like him or there in the world there is no band like Creed that you can love more , then you are completely mistaken and i am sorry for you ...
Just to remind you that i am not bashing Creed anywhere and also i still like them but being a fan after all the things i know is like lieing myself and not being honest to myself ...

This was something that i felt i must say to you cause i was one of you and now i feel so much better ........................
And please don't forget about the word "respect" . I don't like Beatles' music cause they were too pop and their songs just don't click with my taste but i sure respect them so much for starting this whole rock'n'roll thing . I hope from now you'll have a different thoughts about Pearl Jam and many other rock groups that i mentioned and you'll see at them with little more respect . You can just imagine how happy i am cause i know this summer Pearl Jam will release again many bootlegs of the live shows in Australian and US tour . God bless them for making my life so interesting . I can also tell you that all the Pearl Jam fans that i met are great people and all of them are adults . I can say every rock fan that knows what is respect and love can't hate Pearl Jam .

I don't think i will come here again ... only if i have something to reply to you .

xxxxxx is the mail where you can ask me something and i am open for everyone ... also i have many PJ interviews that i was collecting through the years and i sure can send them to anyone interested so it would be much easier for you to find about info of the band for the past 12 years or so ............

i have some recomendations that every rock fan should have in the collection :
1. Temple of the Dog - it is a mix of Pearl Jam and Soundgarden members and also friends ,
Chris Cornell - vocals, guitar , Eddie Vedder - back. vocals , Matt Cameron - drums , Jeff Ament - bass , Stone Gossard - rythm guitar , Mike McCready - solo guitar ............ it is a record related to Andy Wood singer of Mother Love Bone who was a longtime friend & roommate with Chris Cornell so Chris after his death wrote a few songs for him , called his friends from Pearl Jam who also were friends with Andy Wood(Stone and Jeff were in the Mlobe Bone) and they record this masterpiece in memory of their loving' friend ... i hope you older ones remember of that song Hunger Strike ......
*highly recommended for every true Pearl Jam , Soundgarden and rock fan in general ...
2. Mad Season - project band including Mike McCready from Pearl Jam on lead guitar and Layne Staley singer from Alice In Chains ...... recommended for every rock lover and also for every Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains fan ...

Thank you
Yours sincerely
creed_zakon

Last edited by Steve : 03-10-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:28 AM   #5
tru2mine
USER INFO »
you got way to much time on your hands
Old 01-29-2003, 12:04 PM   #6
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
....who the fuck are you?
Old 01-29-2003, 12:29 PM   #7
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I'll be honest, I didn't read 3/4th of your posting here... but I get the gist of what you are trying to say. Basically this all comes down to opinion again. You like Pearl Jam and I like Creed. That's my personal preference. Your entire post is a rant on why Pearl Jam is so good. And you basically are saying that if I don't like Pearl Jam, then I don't know rock music. That's what I got out of it. I know several people who think Eddie Vedder "sold out" with that whole "Last Kiss" song (or whatever it is) and with the newer pop-sounding songs. That's their opinion, just like yours is Pearl Jam is good. This topic is so over-done, it's pathetic.

I could go on here, but I've got to leave soon...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-29-2003, 12:29 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Creed_zakon, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. Now here's mine. I'm sorry Creed have outlived their usefulness for you. I wonder, then, why you came to this board. As you say, when people become a *fan* of a band they want to find out more about the members. They also want to share their passion with other fans. That's why I came here. Why did you come here if your *fandom* was already waning after Human Clay?

I don't agree with your assessment that all fans are into other aspects of the band as much as the music. I didn't even know what the Creed members looked like for quite a while after I started listening to them. It was their sound and words that drew me in, as it is with most music. As one board member has said here many a time: Worship the music, not the musicians.

Music, like all art, is subjective. People like what they like for a variety of reasons, and judging fans to be unsophisticated in their musical evolution because they like Creed isn't fair. Ragging on youth and dismissing their musical tastes isn't fair, either. Their likes and dislikes are as valid as yours. That's really patronizing and arrogant.

And before you go picking on people for their posts, read them in their context. The post from Creedfan47a about being old because the person liked The Police was said in jest.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:32 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman

LMAO!
Old 01-29-2003, 01:27 PM   #10
marlsy
USER INFO »
blah blah blah blah, fucking blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a bunch of BS!! that was the biggest waste of space on this board I have ever seen! And I only read about 1/4 of that bullshit post!!
Old 01-29-2003, 02:07 PM   #11
creedgirl99
USER INFO »
I like lots of different bands besides Creed, including Pearl Jam. In fact, I'm planning on going to see them in June. In my opinion, they are both great bands...although Creed is my favorite by far. Creed writes awesome songs that I and many others can relate to. I think they are definitely in a class by themselves. What I really want to know is...are you trying to prove all this stuff to us or to yourself??
Old 01-29-2003, 02:19 PM   #12
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by marlsy
that was the biggest waste of space on this board I have ever seen!

that's pretty impressive considering how much I post
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-29-2003, 02:19 PM   #13
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman
Hmm.... I thought I smelled something rank around here, yeah who the hell are you and please tell me why any of us would give a shit about what you have to say? Get a life will ya!:eye:

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-29-2003, 02:25 PM   #14
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Hmm.... I thought I smelled something rank around here, yeah who the hell are you and please tell me why any of us would give a shit about what you have to say? Get a life will ya!:eye:

AMEN!! I didn't even read it much, way too long and a waste of breath!!! And to you Jen:

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 01-29-2003, 02:27 PM   #15
jango
USER INFO »
Let's get one thing straight. This is predominantly a wide collection of forums based upon one thing: music. Consequently, all members here have a general understanding of one (if only one) thing: music. We do not need a run down of the last 40 years in music. That was a waste of your "and what is infinitely more important, my time."

I, personally, love Pearl Jam, as well as a multitude of other bands, some of which were stated in your doctorate thesis on the evolution of postmodern popculture. Say it with me, "I love Pearl Jam." On a music-related board, that's all that is needed. The rest is understood, but left entirely unsaid. Now, if you were to post your admiration for a band on a forum based around neurophysics, you may want to fill them in on the last few decades of rock and roll, not that they'd care, but it'd be much more pertinent in that conversation or discussion.

In summation, get a frickin' life.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Closed Thread