++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #16
Sentinel69
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sentinel69 Send a message via MSN to Sentinel69
Re: Scott let me down

Okay, if he HAD a good reason but did you heard a GOOD reason ? If he had good reasons I did not complain the way I do right now.
And AB's fanbase is also in the usa but they do come also to europe (again) ,and they are also a very young band.

gr,
Irene
Old 04-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #17
Trimontana
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) so what are you trying to say, that there shows are better or something!!!!

AB shows are better than Scott's for sure
Old 04-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #18
King Oropher
USER INFO »

Quote: This is funny. You guys are really overreacting. First of all, Stapp hasn't even hit most of the United States yet. Like it or not, the bulk of his fanbase is American... therefore, from a logical standpoint, it makes sense to promote himself in his biggest market.
I agree with you dude in some sense but you need to realise we DOWN UNDER don't get many concerts. So when a concert is advertised we get excited. When that group/artist cancells it hurts!!! U2 cancelled on us and we can respect that they gave us a good reason. From what I heard one of the band members family fell sick.(understandable) Reading " Scotts " official website it says " Scott has decided to stay in the U.S " makes sense (sarcasm) explains everything Scott!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #19
Robin101
USER INFO »

I don't know the real reason Scott (or Wind-Up) cancelled the tour. When I read a UK review for TGD (see thread 'Stapp UK review') it said the album was due for realease May 8. I was due to see him in London on May 11 - just 3 days after it went on sale.

I think someone at W-U made a error - arranging the tour before realizing that the album wasn't out over here yet. I don't know if it has been released in Australia, New Zealand or the rest of Europe, but if it hasn't my guess is probably right. It it isn't, we'll just have to keep speculating.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 04-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #20
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by King Oropher) I agree with you dude in some sense but you need to realise we DOWN UNDER don't get many concerts. So when a concert is advertised we get excited. When that group/artist cancells it hurts!!! U2 cancelled on us and we can respect that they gave us a good reason. From what I heard one of the band members family fell sick.(understandable) Reading " Scotts " official website it says " Scott has decided to stay in the U.S " makes sense (sarcasm) explains everything Scott!!!

You know what though. There are some Aussie/Kiwi acts that seem to hardly make an effort to come here... and it sucks for their American fans. But I understand that hardly anyone knows who they are. You know, I would kill to see Shihad... but that's highly unlikely. The Living End hasn't really been back here in a couple of years. Just relax... things will work out alright. I'm sure a lot of this is Wind Up's idea. To continue promoting himself here in the States... before embarking on a World Tour.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #21
JOEINHOUSTON
USER INFO »

it seems to me that this was probably wind up's decision.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #22
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Robin, AB made a consert in London BEFORE their album was released... It was due to be released 2 days, or 3 days later... So I don't belive it was an error... That would just be idiotic to do that big of an error, it's not like some employee sliped over the phone and just happen to dial the numbers and make arrengements for a show in europe... He must have slipped a lot of times.
Now, I'm not a big Stapp fan, I pretty much unlike the guy at the moment... But the thing is you give a reson to cancel... And a reson isn't that you would love to play arenas, that's not music, that's ego!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #23
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Robin, AB made a consert in London BEFORE their album was released... It was due to be released 2 days, or 3 days later... So I don't belive it was an error... That would just be idiotic to do that big of an error, it's not like some employee sliped over the phone and just happen to dial the numbers and make arrengements for a show in europe... He must have slipped a lot of times.
Now, I'm not a big Stapp fan, I pretty much unlike the guy at the moment... But the thing is you give a reson to cancel... And a reson isn't that you would love to play arenas, that's not music, that's ego!

I stand corrected.

As for no one making such an idiotic mistake - we are talking about Wind-Up here!!

The reason 'Scott has decided to stay on the US for now' can be taken in many different ways. Chase made a good point (and the most obvious). The fact that a tour with INXS was arranged so quickly supports his view.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 05-03-2006, 03:44 AM   #24
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

I'm soooo good
But I think Stapp actually have enough power to stand against WU. I mean if AB coulp come to England BEFORE their album was released, why coulnd't Stapp go outside of the states three days AFTER his album was released?

Just a thought...
Old 05-03-2006, 04:19 AM   #25
Lechium
USER INFO »

There are indie bands that play shows in Australia/New Zeland, despite moving fewer units of CD's/having less airplay/having less pormotion than the stapp man. Mike Patton and his numerious projects (Fantomas for example) go there just fine.
It's a matter of caring for fans, enjoying playing shows, traveling and many other things. Some people are more fit at being performance artists than others.

That's why I respect REAL indie bands -- they tour non-stop. Because they're poor and they need to make ends meet, yah, but if they didn't like playing their music they'd get a different job. Bands that release an album, tour, than sit around for few years and just fuck around, always make impressions of NOT true musicians on me (some bands I love fit this image. Massive Attack, Radiohead, I'm looking at you!).

P.S. moral of story? you can think of it yourself I'm sure.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #26
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I'm soooo good
But I think Stapp actually have enough power to stand against WU. I mean if AB coulp come to England BEFORE their album was released, why coulnd't Stapp go outside of the states three days AFTER his album was released?

Just a thought...

Stapp isn't that popular outside of the United States... that's the truth. It honestly, from a marketing standpoint, makes more sense to appeal to the bulk of his fanbase right away. I mean... Oasis is my favorite band, but I don't expect them to constantly play the U.S.

Alter Bridge could've been more successful had Wind Up promoted them like crazy over here. They didn't... and it hurt the band in terms of record sales.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #27
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) There are indie bands that play shows in Australia/New Zeland, despite moving fewer units of CD's/having less airplay/having less pormotion than the stapp man. Mike Patton and his numerious projects (Fantomas for example) go there just fine.
It's a matter of caring for fans, enjoying playing shows, traveling and many other things. Some people are more fit at being performance artists than others.

That's why I respect REAL indie bands -- they tour non-stop. Because they're poor and they need to make ends meet, yah, but if they didn't like playing their music they'd get a different job. Bands that release an album, tour, than sit around for few years and just fuck around, always make impressions of NOT true musicians on me (some bands I love fit this image. Massive Attack, Radiohead, I'm looking at you!).

Most of the bands I listen to are indie bands. I presume you mean, bands that play indie style of music... not just bands that are independently free from a record label. But honestly... take The Strokes for instance... they are anything but poor. Julian Casablancas already came from a wealthy family and already lived a posh lifestyle during his days as a struggling musician. The same goes for The White Stripes. Also, an "indie" band who was just signed by a label like Epic is probably not anymore poor than a young, nu-metal band signed by Roadrunner.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #28
Lechium
USER INFO »

When I say indie -- I mean bands from indie labels. Word "indie" has lost its meaning latley sadly.
Bands tour in order to widen fanbase, actually, not just to cash in on the existing fans. Bands who are out there for their music tour to spread their music. Bands like Oasis are in it for the money (also their music is boring... also they lost their long war against Blur thanks for Gorillaz, and now Arctic Monkeys came out of nowhere and showed how brit-pop should be done).

P.S. most of roadrunner bands are atrocious. Opeth signed there recently, and they are amazing. That's 'bout only band I can think of.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #29
J-Man
USER INFO »

error
Old 05-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #30
J-Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) There are indie bands that play shows in Australia/New Zeland, despite moving fewer units of CD's/having less airplay/having less pormotion than the stapp man. Mike Patton and his numerious projects (Fantomas for example) go there just fine.

I completely disagree with you on .... well everything. Bands that made it did so for the love of music, their fans, and hours/weeks/months/years of hard work and dedication. Remember, they all started out with a dream. For some, their dreams came true and just because it happened for them doesn't mean that they are not true musicians, it's quite the opposite.