++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
King Oropher
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott let me down

March 1st, I find out Scott is coming to New Zealand ( so f@#$!@ excited) I go on to Michael Copples website (Australasian promoter). It says tickets on sale March 14th. It says go to ticketek.co.nz. So I go to the website, I search for ticketes, it comes back with nothing!!! So I wait paitiently, still I can't but tickets, eventually I get impatient. So I go to ScottStapp.com, in the tour section it says ticketek.co.nz is selling tickets to his concert, I send them an email asking for ticket prices then they tell me they aren't selling the tickets for his concert. WTF??? Anyway I finally found out whose selling the tickets. www.ticketdirect.co.nz. (not happy). Who is promoting his concert???. So I book tickets, then get told his concert is cancelled. I think the worse. Maybe Scott is sick??? I go to his website and it says " Scott Stapp has decided to stay in the U.S. Thank you Scott Even though his album isn't selling like past CREED albums in NZ, does not mean he should get our hopes up. Lets say he didn't sell that many tickets, he stil has a lot of loyal fans here. We deserve better!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
J-Man
USER INFO »
Re: Scott let me down

Dude, he let a lot of people down. Become an AB fan - you'll be happier for it. The best concerts I've ever attended were Alter Bridge.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

so what are you trying to say, that there shows are better or something!!!!
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
J-Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) so what are you trying to say, that there shows are better or something!!!!

I don't think I'm TRYING to say anything. I'm stating the obvious. When something is obvious, trying is not needed.

So in case you didn't understand me the first time - YES THEIR SHOWS ARE BETTER AND SO IS THEIR MUSIC!!!! Since you like to type w/ exclamation marks - I figured I would too.

PS - they don't let their fans down either.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

thats just like so un so !!!! and so un true !!!!!!!!! i wont argue i wish not too... he did,nt let nobody down he just had to cancel a few shows no harm done !!!
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-24-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
J-Man
USER INFO »

UNreal. LOL. There are some interesting characters on here.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

yes X being NUMBER 1
Old 04-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #8
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

I've been to an Alter Bridge show. And I have just the opposite opinion. But then it's just MY opinion.

Just a bunch of people listening to that droning sound, all nodding their heads in time with the music.

Last edited by Mrprophetman : 04-25-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:24 PM   #9
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »

AB havent made effort to come here either, shame cos i never saw creed live, then again neither of them have made their mark on charts over here or radio play. TGD gets a bit, only heard AB once.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 04-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #10
AliceInChains
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Dude, he let a lot of people down. Become an AB fan - you'll be happier for it. The best concerts I've ever attended were Alter Bridge.

I thoroughly enjoyd AB's shows--saw them three times, each better than the last. But if that's the best concert you've been to, you haven't seen many shows.

--Corgan
Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #11
Sentinel69
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sentinel69 Send a message via MSN to Sentinel69

Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) thats just like so un so !!!! and so un true !!!!!!!!! i wont argue i wish not too... he did,nt let nobody down he just had to cancel a few shows no harm done !!!

Thank you !! So it's normal to let a "few" shows down in New Zealand and Europe for a bigger tour in the usa?And don't want to have comments on your important opinion?

Keep on dreaming or are you just that naieve?

Now i understand the reaction from the former Creed members about Scott, finally.What was I thinking.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib) AB havent made effort to come here either, shame cos i never saw creed live, then again neither of them have made their mark on charts over here or radio play. TGD gets a bit, only heard AB once.
Unless they sell a lot of records or get a lot of radio play, neither one will go there because of the cost. It sucks.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #13
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

To bad to hear that Orpher... That trouly suck... But to just do a USA tour... that's just idiotic... I mean, AB aint that big in England (are they?) and they love comming over there... We spoil them every time
I mean... Stapp will probobly be getting bigger shows and more attendents to his shows... But is that all he want to do with his music?

Sentinel69, what do you mean with "Now i understand the reaction from the former Creed members about Scott, finally.What was I thinking." Do you mean you will be trashing Stapp and become a fulltime AB fan?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #14
Sentinel69
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sentinel69 Send a message via MSN to Sentinel69

@RoffeDH .... I think so.
If I can't connect with my favorite artist because of marketing,money and arrogance ,why should I keep supporting him? People get what they deserve.If this is Scott's way , he will get what he asked for.

Can you imagine what it means for me to look at some tickets that are cancelled for a "greater" purpose? Every time I think about it it makes me really mad.

AB does not ignore my little country and don't have lame excuses

gr,
Irene
Old 04-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #15
Chase
USER INFO »

This is funny. You guys are really overreacting. First of all, Stapp hasn't even hit most of the United States yet. Like it or not, the bulk of his fanbase is American... therefore, from a logical standpoint, it makes sense to promote himself in his biggest market.

Shows get postponed and cancelled all the time. Audioslave cancelled a show in San Diego claiming that Chris Cornell was sick. The next day they performed in another city. Yeah, people were bummed that they didn't play here... but I didn't care all that much.

And the best concert I have seen wasn't Alter Bridge... and I doubt that it will be Stapp. Creed was definitely up there... but I've seen better bands.

Bottom line: stop freaking out. You're like "HOLY CHRIST! OH MY GOD! THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE STAPP!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" You guys have even said it yourselves... Stapp isn't that big overseas anymore. It's probably smarter to connect with his old American fanbase first... since that's where most of his fans are. It's common sense.