++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #61
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott Stapp - Behind the Douchebag

People are pretty narrow-minded if they think that Stapp and other public figures are the only example of Christianity. When I think of Christians, I don't think of only the Christians who happen to be celebrities, but rather I think of every person who calls him/herself a Christian. That's just me, though, and I really am done discussing the Christianity aspect of Stapp. I promise.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 03-08-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #62
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »

You don't... but a lot of people do.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #63
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) there's a whole biological aspect to it.
Yeah, you choose whether or not to pick up the bottle.

Seriously though, I am a bio major. It has NOT been defined as a disease in the formal sense, like cancer. Scientists are looking into genetic and environmental factors as we speak, but nothing has been pinpointed yet!

So yeah basically, it comes down to how much self-control and self-discipline you have. What a shock, huh?

Last edited by Chris98GT : 03-08-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #64
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) About the Christianity thing, I don't hate Scott Stapp because he's a "struggling Christian." I'm angry that the man used that angle to his advantage for years, when he clearly has displayed no remorse for his actions and continues to blame everything on everyone but himself. I don't know him, but I just don't seem him as that poor "struggling Christian." I think, just my humble opinion, that he has used that for years and has no real interest in setting a good example in the media of what Christianity is.

Some points here:

First -I loved the 'Daredevil ' movie -frankly I see no reason for criticize people for liking a movie.

Second- I cant understand why an avatar cause so much controversy here...even though I clearly prefer Chase's avatar...lol lol

Third- Im not a religious person...but I also disagree with Stapps eternal comments on interviews of being regretful and that hes struggling with his disease ( I do think alcoholism as a disease), that he is a religious guy, that he has so much faith and etc..etc..etc...

And look, Im not saying hes NOT a Christian because he has made stupid mistakes and done stupid things. ...but IM TIRED of his 'excuses' --this guy has 32 years old , has a child and is married now --so he needs to take the control of his LIFE and his CARREER! Its only this. Im not interested in his personal life but hes constantly offering much more personal 'event's than musical ones to the media...just to get some promotion...and this is very,very sad.

Fourth- I think that we already have enough moderators (who make a real good job btw) here.. so we DONT need to have additional peope acting like this way saying WHERE we can post or not.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-08-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #65
ABYanks
USER INFO »

ATTENTION! We have a bio-nerd on the board,

Thank You, that is all.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:55 AM   #66
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Yeah, you choose whether or not to pick up the bottle.

Seriously though, I am a bio major. It has NOT been defined as a disease in the formal sense, like cancer. Scientists are looking into genetic and environmental factors as we speak, but nothing has been pinpointed yet!

So yeah basically, it comes down to how much self-control and self-discipline you have. What a shock, huh?

Let me ask you this... if this was someone in your family would you laugh at them and make light of the situation... or would you be optimistic and believe that they could get some help? I agree with your assertions on self control, however, the formalities of science are always changing. For instance, just because people believed, for years, that the Earth was the center of the universe doesn't mean that the formalities of astronomy were exempt from being challenged. I'm a history major, and one thing I do know about scientist is that they are often experiencing scientific schisms and revolutions. Alcoholism is nothing to poke fun at... not only does it present health problems... it also can ruin relationships. In many ways, alcoholism is more dangerous, in a larger sense, than cancer. It's not only deadly, but it makes other people at risk of becoming abused or emotionally scarred. Then there's always the problem of a drunk getting behind the wheel of a car. I've lost to many friends to the hands of a drunk driver.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:51 AM   #67
Creed7352
USER INFO »

i would poke fun at the actual way they act...as scott was acting on that show (come on, that karate shit was hilarious..and the babies come from my sack thing was funny too)....but not the actual alcoholism. i think there is a line there..often times a fine one. i don't think anyone here was actually laughing at stapp for being an alcoholic, but they were laughing at how he was making a fool of himself, as i'm sure we all do when we see that drunk guy at the bar.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:49 AM   #68
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Come on Chase! I'm sorry to hear that you've lost friends becouse of alcoholism... BUT! The fact is that even Chapplin made fun of terrible things... Hitler? Hitler was a realy bad man whom I think you know alot about... I don't know that many american stand up comics since most of them are dull... But in sweden we have some comics who joke about beeing drugaddicts and having their own cooking show... Or about a guy who killed his ex whife and he says "No, killing people isn't something I'm going to contineu with... No, I've stopped that"... And when he says it it's hellarius. They joked about killing people... Can't we joke about being drunk, humor is a good thing and joking about stuff helps you in many ways to overcome the loss, take grim humor for exampels... That's fun, and good. (I've bacome Bilal with all of the full stops, man!)
Old 03-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #69
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Come on Chase! I'm sorry to hear that you've lost friends becouse of alcoholism... BUT! The fact is that even Chapplin made fun of terrible things... Hitler? Hitler was a realy bad man whom I think you know alot about... I don't know that many american stand up comics since most of them are dull... But in sweden we have some comics who joke about beeing drugaddicts and having their own cooking show... Or about a guy who killed his ex whife and he says "No, killing people isn't something I'm going to contineu with... No, I've stopped that"... And when he says it it's hellarius. They joked about killing people... Can't we joke about being drunk, humor is a good thing and joking about stuff helps you in many ways to overcome the loss, take grim humor for exampels... That's fun, and good. (I've bacome Bilal with all of the full stops, man!)

Hej, ursäkta mig...

I have a sense of humor... but there is such thing as overdoing a joke. Yeah, maybe Stapp being drunk was funny like 2 months ago... but it sort of loses its appeal once you know more to the story. The guy was obviously suffering and there's nothing funny about losing control of your life like that. America is full of extremely funny comics that poke fun at misfortune and I'm a fan of many of them (Dane Cook is one of them... if you don't know who he is, I highly suggest that you check him out and download some of his material.). All in all, I just don't see how funny something is if you beat it to death... like Stapp being drunk on T.V.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #70
RMadd
USER INFO »

hilarious!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #71
Sentinel69
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sentinel69 Send a message via MSN to Sentinel69

Who are we to judge so hard on someone elses life? Are we all doing it much better ?

Last edited by Sentinel69 : 03-13-2006 at 03:33 PM.