++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-12-2004, 07:50 AM   #121
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) And Rose, while we all have differing opinions and no amount of posting back and forth will ever change that, it's so disheartening to come here day in and day out to hear how mean old Mark trashed poor innocent Scott. You know I'm not speaking about you, but those who hold Scott up on a pedastal know who they are and they cannot accept that Scott may have had anything whatsoever to do with the breakup. I'm sick to death of it.

I understand that but at the same time, it's also disheartening to come here and see Scott getting the blunt of the blame and some AB fans putting them on a pedestal also. Maybe a few do read more into comments Mark has made but he sure isn't innocent either and has made some statements that were not necessary. I seem to recall a few of Stapp's interviews being posted here with some AB fans saying what he said was bullshit or lies and ripped apart his interviews also. It seems to me that negative comments about Stapp are okay if not done too harshly but if anyone makes similar comments about AB, well, been some that come right out and say Mark is a God and I don't see anyone replying that they think that person is going over-board or thinking he walks on water. When the shoe is on the other foot, people can't take it.

There is a new interview by Scott over at PBF and he is asked some similar questions about the break-up and such and he didn't say one negative comment about the guys. No, I don't think he's perfect but I believe his interviews show more class.

I'm tired of the Stapp fans being blamed for all the arguments when in fact, the AB fans are just as much to blame.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #122
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
great post, Farmgirl!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:53 PM   #123
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Nine pages...and counting!!!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:52 PM   #124
ctfan
USER INFO »
When I made my very post here, I told everyone hello, and made an apology beforehand if my posts didn't come out right. I then when on to say that I agreed with a couple of people in the thread that I decided to post in. Can't remember now who those people were, or the thread....but not the first person said hello to me. No one said welcome to the board, and no one said that they hoped I enjoyed my time here. I didn't think to much about it then and thought that maybe I had posted in the wrong forum, or that people just overlooked it.

After being here for a few months, my thoughts have changed. I haven't posted much, and when I have it's been met with all kinds of replies. From people accusing me of being sarcastic for putting info and a link here, to someone questioning the # of posts I have. I'll also say that I have gotten a few positive replies too.

I've not been overly negative in what I've had to say, usually it's just the way I feel about a certain something so most times I just read the forums. What I find in the various threads here is unbelieveable. You have people stating that those who don't like the AB cd (I'm one of those people)have bailed on the band members. You have others who are sick of the bickering and the back forth between members on this board, and accuse some of being whiny Stapp backers. You have known Stapp bashers visit here from other boards talking about how they know Stapp, only to have someone who wasn't aware of the persons opinon of the man, ask what he's like...and wind up apologizing for asking the question. You have threads that have people posting how they have pics of Stapps hairy chest, and yea it was explained that the comments where sarcastic. I'm not even sure who those comments were for. Or who was supposed to enjoy them.

Then we move on the various interviews that band members have given, and when someone posts how they feel about something that was said...are told to just not read them, or that their opinions are ignorant. Or that they are wrong.

People get picked to pieces here, just like any other. Nothing is different. People here are accused of being the same thing as they are at other boards.

I'm what you would call a Stapp fan, or if you will, a Stapp backer. I enjoy what I hear, and what I get from his interviews. I enjoy the new song, and I'm looking forward to his solo cd.

I gave AB a listen with an open mind. I've read the interviews they have given. I know what I feel when I listened and what I understand when I read. And I don't have to like it. Doesn't matter who calls me ignorant or whiny. Doesn't matter if you agree with my opinon or my thoughts, and it doesn't matter if I disagree with yours. I just know what I like, and nothing will change it.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:14 PM   #125
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I'm what you would call a Stapp fan, or if you will, a Stapp backer. I enjoy what I hear, and what I get from his interviews. I enjoy the new song, and I'm looking forward to his solo cd.

I gave AB a listen with an open mind. I've read the interviews they have given. I know what I feel when I listened and what I understand when I read. And I don't have to like it. Doesn't matter who calls me ignorant or whiny. Doesn't matter if you agree with my opinon or my thoughts, and it doesn't matter if I disagree with yours. I just know what I like, and nothing will change it.

Ditto...

xcelent post, ctfan...
Old 10-12-2004, 09:24 PM   #126
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) But, Ann, what if your opinions are completely ignorant? Here is a reality check for you... you do not know Stapp, Brian, Mark and Flip personally. You have no clue as to what caused the breakup of Creed except what has been spoon fed to you in the media on both sides. What you have seen in the media is about 10% of the reason of the breakup of Creed. That being said, you choose to judge these guys based on a thin sliver of facts that you have read. I'm sorry Ann, but that is ignorant to me.

That would be like me being pissed at Jennifer Lopez for breaking up with Ben Affleck. Or maybe it was the other way around? Who the hell knows and who the hell cares. Let it go and fucking move on, Ann. As I said, Creed is dead and will never play again. Take that to the bank.

I take it you think that the Alter Bridge guys are being hard on Stapp in the media? I laugh at that. Again, since you have no clue as to what really happened, you would not know how kind they are being to him. You do not know how kind management is being to him by keeping their mouths shut even after they have been slagged by him, completely unfairly, in the media. Believe me when I say that Stapp is probably ecstatic about how the interviews with Alter Bridge have gone so far. Stapp knows that things could be a million times worse. The only reason Stapp has not gone after the guys is because he knows his career would be over. And with that, my rant ends.

I realize that I am only one Creed/Stapp fan Michael, and one fan certainly isn't going to break Alter Bridge. But you have to realize that it isn't just Creed fans who are reading, or listening to Mark's/the band's interivews.

Those other people are the ones you should be worried about. Mark not only represents himself, but the other band members as well. Imo, he isn't making a whole lot of friends, or new fans.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:04 AM   #127
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Nice job, ctfan. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:54 AM   #128
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Hey CTFAN,

Welcome to the board...even maybe it´s with a lot of delay...noone welcome me either but...who cares...

I´m a AB/Creed fan...and i´ll never call ignorant to someone else just for the fact that person doesn´t like AB. So you can make the coment you want that me personally won´t judge badly for that...i´ll agree or desagree with you (or another person) but never insulting.

So anytime man.....
Old 10-13-2004, 12:23 PM   #129
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ctfan,

You're entitled to like whatever you want, as much as anybody else. Nobody questioned that.

What most of the threads are questioning are the attitude from a few Stapp fans towards others and Stapp himself, due the constant worshipping and praising, making of him a person he's not, pretending he's a saint and refuse to reckon the guy's past mistakes.

That, on the other hands, irritates other fans who know about them but forgave it and are still supporting both sides. And it bothers even more a few who pick on Stapp just for the sake of irritating those few obsessed fans.

A very wise and back in the day poster used to say "worship the music, not the musicians". That's a pretty clever advice, imo. (Not to you, to people in general).
Old 10-13-2004, 02:11 PM   #130
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said, Marcos.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:27 PM   #131
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Right on, Marcos!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:50 PM   #132
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) ctfan,

You're entitled to like whatever you want, as much as anybody else. Nobody questioned that.

What most of the threads are questioning are the attitude from a few Stapp fans towards others and Stapp himself, due the constant worshipping and praising, making of him a person he's not, pretending he's a saint and refuse to reckon the guy's past mistakes.

That, on the other hands, irritates other fans who know about them but forgave it and are still supporting both sides. And it bothers even more a few who pick on Stapp just for the sake of irritating those few obsessed fans.

A very wise and back in the day poster used to say "worship the music, not the musicians". That's a pretty clever advice, imo. (Not to you, to people in general).

Riddle me this...Marcos...and anyone that agrees with what he has said...just exactly who are these "FEW" obsessed fans?...care to drop some names?...because as i see it...the atmosphere is ANYONE that stands behind stapp and has chosen not to like both...or just AB alone fits the mold that has been cast by those that do.

Thing is...EVERYONE is entitled to what they choose to believe and what they choose to post...people can disagree if they want to...but...respect everyones right to believe as they will, and to express themselves with what they post in an adult manner...voicing ones convictions does not necessairly mean that they are obsessed...
Old 10-13-2004, 02:58 PM   #133
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Did you not read Marcos' first words to ctfan? Once again, you're reading too much into someone else's words. I'm not sure whom Marcos meant when he said obsessed fans, but all he did was lay out the scenario as he sees it. Yes, everyone is entitled to believe what they will and disagree and post in as adult a manner as possible. Not all board members have reached adulthood, another thing that should be considered. Marcos is posting he believes, and I agree with a lot of what he said. There are a few fans who see Scott Stapp through rose-colored glasses. And naming names will only start flame wars, and we try to avoid those as much as possible.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:19 PM   #134
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
interesting

Quote: just exactly who are these "FEW" obsessed fans?...care to drop some names?

yeah...I'd like to know as well

Quote: the atmosphere is ANYONE that stands behind stapp and has chosen not to like both...or just AB alone fits the mold that has been cast by those that do.

I have said on another board that I do like the vid for OYE. I also own the AB album....just haven't listened to it in it's entirety as of yet. But see...because I also choose to not attack Stapp and place ALL the blame on Stapp...my opinions are considered as being Stapp defensive. I KNOW that the man has made mistakes. Christ....who the heck hasn't? If anyone in here can step up and say they have never made a mistake in their life...please...come forward...I'd love to shake your hand and give you a pat on the back for a job well done. But....AB are NOT perfect either...and many many people on many many bb's seem to think that the sun rises and sets on AB's butt...and that it is ALL Stapp! Even Michael is alluding to that right here in this thread...which he has done from the get go with the whole Creed break up stuff. And that's fine...he's got the right to support his brother. I would do the same for my brother too. However...I am one of the few out there who doesn't take everything that Michael says as gospel. Sorry...I just don't, and I have my own reasons for that. I see many posts from people who say...."you should take what Michael says as gospel...he KNOWS". But ya know what? I could care less what Michael knows. Calling people ignorant for having their own opinions? real classy! But...ya know what they say about Karma....isn't that right Michael? I think you said the same thing to me on another board when I voiced my opinion on something you said a few months back..."that one day Karma was going to bite me in the ass, and I would get mine"...well...I'm still waiting And rock stars brother or not...karma does bite both ways
Old 10-13-2004, 03:44 PM   #135
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) yeah...I'd like to know as well

I have said on another board that I do like the vid for OYE. I also own the AB album....just haven't listened to it in it's entirety as of yet. But see...because I also choose to not attack Stapp and place ALL the blame on Stapp...my opinions are considered as being Stapp defensive. I KNOW that the man has made mistakes. Christ....who the heck hasn't? If anyone in here can step up and say they have never made a mistake in their life...please...come forward...I'd love to shake your hand and give you a pat on the back for a job well done. But....AB are NOT perfect either...and many many people on many many bb's seem to think that the sun rises and sets on AB's butt...and that it is ALL Stapp! Even Michael is alluding to that right here in this thread...which he has done from the get go with the whole Creed break up stuff. And that's fine...he's got the right to support his brother. I would do the same for my brother too. However...I am one of the few out there who doesn't take everything that Michael says as gospel. Sorry...I just don't, and I have my own reasons for that. I see many posts from people who say...."you should take what Michael says as gospel...he KNOWS". But ya know what? I could care less what Michael knows. Calling people ignorant for having their own opinions? real classy! But...ya know what they say about Karma....isn't that right Michael? I think you said the same thing to me on another board when I voiced my opinion on something you said a few months back..."that one day Karma was going to bite me in the ass, and I would get mine"...well...I'm still waiting And rock stars brother or not...karma does bite both ways

Great points. I also have defended Stapp many times on this board because nobody is perfect and I also support AB I have purchase their CD. But I am anger by alot of people who are attacked on this board by their opinions and I agree for Michael to insult someone because they are voicing their opinion is wrong whether he's Mark's brother or not it's just wrong.