++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-18-2004, 08:26 PM   #46
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) I agree. I mean, this is serious stuff in terms of the music industry. Creed was the larget band in the world and they've separated. Something fairly serious had to happen. Bands don't just break up on a whim.

Yeah, that's one of those kind of interviews that I'm talking about... I always thought something just wasn't quite right.

Thanks for writing.
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-18-2004, 08:55 PM   #47
Julbright
USER INFO »
[quote=addicted2stapp]Wow, he would roll his eyes when Stapp mentioned that about Jagger? What's that all about.

Well I should not say with certainty he rolled his eyes - I will say that he looked unsettled, his eyes looked up at the ceiling, he seemed totally disinterested in what Scott was saying - my interpretation was the he was tired of hearing about it - or that Mark was tired of Scott being interviewed instead of the band. does that make sense?
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-18-2004, 09:09 PM   #48
creedsister
USER INFO »
[quote=Julbright]
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Wow, he would roll his eyes when Stapp mentioned that about Jagger? What's that all about.

Well I should not say with certainty he rolled his eyes - I will say that he looked unsettled, his eyes looked up at the ceiling, he seemed totally disinterested in what Scott was saying - my interpretation was the he was tired of hearing about it - or that Mark was tired of Scott being interviewed instead of the band. does that make sense?
does anything
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-18-2004, 11:09 PM   #49
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Uhm, you started off moaning
Uhm, excuse me I wasn't moaning I was pissed off.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) All I've been saying is that it's good to "talk about these things" and "share how we feel" so that we can see the "full Stapp."
Yeah, that's all you've been saying. Look sorry don't worry I'm not going to express how I feel because we will just start arguing, just forget about it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Sounds like we both agree on that point. I'm not seeing the problem, here.
Okay then, so let's just drop it. Peace.

Quote: (Originally Posted by musicmind226) velocityidp, I agree with everything you have said thus far. Some people just don't want to think outside the box.
If that was pointed at me, I do think outside the box, thank you very much. I have an open mind, I express my emotions and my opinions, if you don't like it, I don't care, deal with it. If that wasn't pointed at me, I apologise, but I got the impression it was.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) my interpretation was the he was tired of hearing about it - or that Mark was tired of Scott being interviewed instead of the band. does that make sense?
Yes, that does make plenty of sense. Still strange though, I have only seen few Creed interviews, I guess that doesn't show much, but from the ones I have seen he does look fairly happy, but from your comment, that's not a nice thing to hear, that really sucks, I didn't think Mark would act like that, hmm.

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) does anything
Nope
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-18-2004, 11:11 PM   #50
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musicmind226) Think of it this way,

youre in a muti-platnum band, you have a singer that fucks up on stage and as a result some fans friggin SUE you, how would you feel? Think about it. Really, use your brain. You go to court, lawyers and all that non-sence.
Well ... so much for standing by your friend! What about all the good that Scott has contributed? True ... a lot of people don't like Creed because of Stapp. However, a lot of people do like Creed ... because of Stapp.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:19 PM   #51
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Well I should not say with certainty he rolled his eyes - I will say that he looked unsettled, his eyes looked up at the ceiling, he seemed totally disinterested in what Scott was saying - my interpretation was the he was tired of hearing about it - or that Mark was tired of Scott being interviewed instead of the band. does that make sense?
I have noticed the same thing. I saw that clip on "Rock's Most Eligible Bachelors." I got the same impression ... either he's sick of hearing about Scott's son, or he's sick of Scott getting the spotlight. That clip has always bothered me.

I am not going to presume to know what Mark was thinking or feeling. I can only speak on what I saw ... and he clearly looked unenthusiastic. I'm sure I will get attacked by the die-hard Mark fans for what I'm about to say (or type) ... but IF this is the case, I think he needs to get over it! Like it or not, the frontman usually gets the most attention.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:29 AM   #52
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
yeah i dont think he would be jealous of Scott getting the spotlight, i mean he said himself that he's pretty "introverted"
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-19-2004, 01:46 AM   #53
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I think he needs to get over it! Like it or not, the frontman usually gets the most attention.

Yeah that's true. I wouldn't say that he needs to get over it, I don't know how much input Mark puts in when Creed are interviewed, but by the sounds of things, it's pretty low. But if Mark does come accross as rolling his eyes or looking unenthusiastic, I have to say that does dissapoint me to read that. These things are easy to pick up and can't be missed, so I was a little taken back when I read that. Didn't think he would show it on camera, thanks for sure.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:50 AM   #54
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Could be that he's just somewhat uncomfortable and just comes off that way.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:56 AM   #55
hayley
USER INFO »
Yeah I guess. You can interpret body communication in so many different ways, I would have to see the video to judge

Old 01-19-2004, 07:50 PM   #56
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Mark looks like that in about 95% of the interviews, even when he's alone and when he's talking. That's just his way. He always said, as Dan posted, he doesn't like to be on the spotlight. (except when he's playing live! lol )
Old 01-19-2004, 07:59 PM   #57
hayley
USER INFO »
Oh, that's good to hear, then. Well not good, but better than some people getting the impression that he's unenthusiastic or he was rolling his eyes while Stapp was talking about Jagger, know what I mean?

That's a shame that he's like that

Old 01-19-2004, 08:00 PM   #58
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) (except when he's playing live! lol )

haha there's not a doubt about that!

Old 01-19-2004, 09:33 PM   #59
Julbright
USER INFO »
I can honestly admit that I am not an expert on Mark, but that one clip is certainly odd and it has struck many of us the same way. I don't think it was an intentional look but a look nonetheless and for all I know the way they edit things it could have nothing to do with Scott talking or talking about Jagger or whatever. I can say however that it isn't Mark's best moment on camera and it leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Other interviews - even later on in that same interview Mark appears much different than he did at that moment.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-19-2004, 09:48 PM   #60
JenRN
USER INFO »
Everytime I have been in the pit, Mark always has this intense look on his face. He has an incredible smile when he does smile. But I think a lot of people look WAY too much into things. Sometimes you grasp at straws to figure out what is going on, but I just think someday it will all resolve itself. They are incredible musicians together and they will be incredible in thier projects as well. I am trying to not take sides here, I see points to both sides really.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"