++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-23-2009, 03:01 AM   #91
derko
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Album Leak

"full circle" is by far the best song on the record.

on my sleeve, good fight and a thousand faces have some good elements.

but all in all, i'm not satisfied with the album. it sounds pointless compared to the first 3 records.

my rating 3.8 of 10 stars.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:03 AM   #92
josha31042
USER INFO »

....are you serious?
Old 10-23-2009, 03:24 AM   #93
nickmiller71
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by derko) "full circle" is by far the best song on the record.

on my sleeve, good fight and a thousand faces have some good elements.

but all in all, i'm not satisfied with the album. it sounds pointless compared to the first 3 records.

my rating 3.8 of 10 stars.

Are you insane? I was about to bring up the topic of weather or not this album could grant a Grammy nomination, which i still think it should. It is their best record so far, and the best rock album of 2009. Hands down. Sorry buddy, I give it a 9/10
Old 10-23-2009, 05:32 AM   #94
derko
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nickmiller71) Are you insane? I was about to bring up the topic of weather or not this album could grant a Grammy nomination, which i still think it should. It is their best record so far, and the best rock album of 2009. Hands down. Sorry buddy, I give it a 9/10

dude, i heard the same things on mygnr.com (the biggest guns n' roses forum) when axl released 'chinese democracy'. the album sucked monkey ass, it was horrible, overproduced stuff. worldwide they sold 5 million copies and got no grammy nomination.
i just can repeat my written words. creed should put their whole promotion money in a cool video for 'full circle'. the song itself is one of the best rock songs in 2009, i agree. but the album is sub-average compared to their previous ones.

but ya know, it's only my personal opinion...i just think they won't sell more than 2mio copies worldwide with this album. this is not important for me, but it reflects an album's quality sometimes.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:19 AM   #95
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan) The album has leaked and I have heard some of the tracks and there is the traditional creed big guitar sound but it is not what you expected. It is heavier by far (but the production seems to lessen it to some point) and the sound overall is not the creed we expect.

I have not heard any real hints of alter bridge in songs yet (that is all I will say because I am tired of that debate.)

Stapp seems to rely on screaming a lot more in the songs but that is to be expected because of his voice issue but it does get annoying sometimes.

Fear and bread of shame are quite heavy for creed. Okay overall, does not excite me at all right now but I have only listened to it once.

A thousand faces right for me sounds far far better live than the way it sounds on the record but it is still good.

Time is okay but does nothing for me right now. Big Creed guitar with a different acustic guitar sound.

I am not too happy about the production sound that they went for on this album right now but I might like it at somepoint.

overall right now is a lot of new sounds mix with some old, seems to be a decent record but not the rock record of the year material as of right now. Still need to listen to it more.

I
wtf.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:22 AM   #96
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by derko) dude, i heard the same things on mygnr.com (the biggest guns n' roses forum) when axl released 'chinese democracy'. the album sucked monkey ass, it was horrible, overproduced stuff. worldwide they sold 5 million copies and got no grammy nomination.
i just can repeat my written words. creed should put their whole promotion money in a cool video for 'full circle'. the song itself is one of the best rock songs in 2009, i agree. but the album is sub-average compared to their previous ones.

but ya know, it's only my personal opinion...i just think they won't sell more than 2mio copies worldwide with this album. this is not important for me, but it reflects an album's quality sometimes.
If scott stapp can sell 1 million albums just with his single solo album i'm pretty sure this will top 2 mil.

And with the people saying its not the best album and whatever, I'll get to you when the album is actually released.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #97
creve
USER INFO »

Must...

...retain...

...vow...

...of...

...waiting...

...for...

...release...

...day...

You guys aren't helping.

Steve.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #98
00iceman
USER INFO »

Leak confirmed.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #99
shunammite
USER INFO »

*is waiting for release to hear it because she is not smart enough to download the leaked version*

Although I would certainly buy it and the dvd in any case.

I would just like to point out this is how it ALWAYS is - the most recent album always "sucks" compared to the previous ones.

When Human Clay came out, it was sorry in comparison to MOP. When Weathered came out, it was considered inferior to the previous albums. And NO DOUBT the new album will be considered "not as good" as the previous ones. I hope they don't listen to us too much and just go ahead and put out what is in their hearts and minds.

I'm a big Metallica fan - when St. Anger came out, I had no choice, I HAD TO LISTEN TO IT, because it's METALLICA. It was hard on my ears at first - but I came to really really LOVE IT - unlike most of their fans - when an artist you love puts something out there, you've got to trust that it's from the heart and receive it that way. (I am ashamed to say I have not really gotten to know Death Magnetic however - at a different place in life - what I have heard sounds good but "not as good" as what I already know - we like what we know, it's easier to understand and appreciate - something very different is hard to accept at first.)

I'm sure I will have to hear the new cd many times before I can really appreciate it - but I'll do it - too long without any new Creed - and reminded since their reunion just how wonderful all the old stuff was - I did not listen to them any more after they split, took it personally, not sure why but I did.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #100
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) wtf.

right now means my intential impressions. Kinda hoping the songs would grow on me but that has not happened yet.

It is not the best rock record out there. AIC's new is far better than this in my opinon. Which does not make me happy because I have been a fan of Creed since 1998 and was hoping they the would put out a good record, It is in a way when you are just thinking about what Mark, Brain, and Flip are doing on the record but that is it. Like I said I am hoping the record will grow on me.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #101
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Go figure, the thing leaks when I'm busy.

Thoughts so far....

- I don't know what to make of Bread of Shame... goofy title, goofy song, yet I want to like it.
- A Thousand Faces is classic Creed. Tremonti singing = awesome.
- Great riffage in Fear

More later.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #102
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by shunammite) I'm a big Metallica fan - when St. Anger came out, I had no choice, I HAD TO LISTEN TO IT, because it's METALLICA. It was hard on my ears at first - but I came to really really LOVE IT - unlike most of their fans - when an artist you love puts something out there, you've got to trust that it's from the heart and receive it that way. (I am ashamed to say I have not really gotten to know Death Magnetic however - at a different place in life - what I have heard sounds good but "not as good" as what I already know - we like what we know, it's easier to understand and appreciate - something very different is hard to accept at first.)
Not to derail the thread here but dude, Death Magnetic is the best record they've put out since the epic Black Album. St. Anger is garbage in comparison. Get to know that shit!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #103
00iceman
USER INFO »

Here's a full, honest review for all of you genuine Creed fans:

(Moved my review to the The Official Full Circle Reviews Thread.)

Last edited by 00iceman : 10-24-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #104
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Its a great album. I gave it 8/10 for some of the vocals just sound over produced. I was a little disappointed in the Solos on the record, to me it sounds like Tremonti ran out of ideas for this record and nothing like the solos on Blackbird. Overall I Love the CD so far, Still can't wait to pick it up next week and Jam it on the Stereo at the house and in the Car.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #105
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica

Quote: (Originally Posted by 00iceman) Leak confirmed.

Just confirmed myself. Not too impressed but will take some time to have a final review on it. Can't wait to get my CD of it though.