++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 09-19-2003, 02:08 PM   #1
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
3 Doors Down, Our Lady Peace, Seether

Taken from MULLETMAN.NET

September 18, 2003
Houston, Texas
Woodlands Pavilion

After leaving the house a bit behind schedule and embarking on a 2 hours drive in heavy traffic, we arrived at the Woodlands Pavilion eager to see a great show. We went through a very loose security check, all they made me do was lift my shirt and pat my pockets. Had my fucking microphone come in on time I would have easily been able to bootleg this show. Anyway the lady let us through and she didn't even care about my camera phone. So as soon as we pass by the gates, the first band started to perform. Well scratch that, the first band on the major stage, as we walked to our seats they were dismantling the Tommy Hilfiger side stage. So we got to our seats and catch the first performance. I never did catch their name but nonetheless they did sound very good. We had very good seats; we were 24 rows from the stage on the right (or as I knew it, 24 rows from Duncan's side). I never really pay much attention to the no-name bands, but these guys had a very good sound. I have a feeling that we'll be hearing a lot more from these dudes. I took a picture of then during their last song with my camera phone. I just checked who they were and they are called Bad Charism.

I thought I was going to have some difficulty taking pictures with my camera phone, but it was a lot easier than I thought. There were a lot of people on their cells calling loved ones, but only a few of us actually used our phones to take pictures. Turned out to be a good thing because I took a lot of pics.

After the break out band came Seether. Seether started out an awesome set with a fucking powerful song. They did a fucking beautiful performance of Driven Under. I love that song and that live performance was just fucking unbelievable. Before they played Fine Again, The lead singer got up and said "How many of you all here a fans of Drowning Pool?" The crowd started cheering loudly. "Well do me a favor, those of you who have lighter... raise them up in the air for Dave Williams. This song's for him. This is Fine Again" Everyone lifted up their lighters and sang along with them. That was just unbelievable. After that song, Seether thanked everyone and played their last song, which happened to be a Nirvana cover. They broke out with You Know You're Right, the latest from Nirvana. I've never seen Nirvana live, but this was a might damn fine cover. The cool part was that he even sounded like Kurt Cobain, especially during the "yeaaa-yeaaeeaaa-yeaaaeaaa" part. Since this song was never performed live, or at least I don't think, one cannot say that they butchered it. The crowd seemed to love, I loved it, and everyone went wild. At the end of the song the guitarist tossed his guitar at his tech and left as the drummer finished the song. All in all, this was a fucking great set!

Then the greatest band came out, the sole reason for which I woke up at 6:00 am to get inline at ticketmaster. Our Lady Peace opened an explosive set with All For You, without the intro. Steve did a great outro/solo for one All For You. Then after that they broke into Whatever. During the opening chords, Raine goes "For Chris Beniot". Man was that a great performance, love that solo. After Whatever, they went into Superman's Dead. They changed that sound around a bit. Instead of Raine's acoustic intro, he did it with an electric guitar, a Gibson SG to be exact. That was just fucking great! He also changed the "Doesn't anybody ever know . . . " part. It wasn't all that different; he did it once alone and then a second time with the crowd. After Superman's Dead they played Innocent. I love that song and to hear it live was just fucking great! After Innocent Raine started talking to the crowd. He thanked everyone there and he told talked about the new album. He said that they recorded 12 new songs for their upcoming album and that they wanted to play two of them for us. They started first with Wipe That Smile Off Your Face, before that song Raine said; "This song is about strangers that can walk up to you and look at you . . . and with a condescending smirk on their face they can lie to you. This is called Wipe That Smile Off Your Face" This song was just beyond beautiful. I have a lot of concerts with this song but none of them sounded like this. This solo was a lot different and waaay longer than any show I have record of. Right before the first chorus, Raine goes "I'm going to wipe that smile off your face", the crowd when wild. In the second chorus Raine goes changes the lyrics and says; "I'm a Texan!" the crowd fucking loved that! Steve had this great solo. After that they play Walking Around In Circles. At one point Raine goes is this a rock concert? The crowd roars. Then he goes, "No its not, because not everyone is standing up. So that means that that side and that side and those in the back have to stand up." Everyone stood and started rocking out. After that they played another Birdman it was fucking great! Right before the solo they have this part in which they play a 'pre-solo' with a crazy light show. During that part Raine crowded up on Steve as he played and then when Steve finished Raine flew back on to the ground. Raine remained on the floor during Steve's solo. Steve played a fucking beautiful 3-minute solo. I kind of wish I had seen them more when they still had Mike, but Steve is a lot more animated and brings a lot more to the band than just a new style. After that they did Clumsy. That was a beautiful performance. I kind of wish Jenn had heard it, she loves Clumsy and would of loved to hear that song. After clumsy they did Somewhere Out There. That song is just beautiful live. It just shot me into this happy nostalgic place. After Somewhere Out There, Raine thanked the crowd and thanked 3 Doors Down and said how much he loved us being there for them. They finished the set with Starseed. Starseed had the MLK intro. Our Lady Peace was fucking unbelievable, everything that I had expected. I cannot help but feel a little bit disappointed ONLY because they did not play Not Enough. They also didn't play 4am, but I wanted to hear Not Enough a lot more. I ended up taking a lot of pics of Our Lady Peace.

Then to cap of the night the headliners came on, 3 Doors Down. They opened with Duck and Run. They did a beautiful performance of Kryptonite with their 'superman' logo flashing all over the place with green lasers. They did a great performance of Be Like That, the American Pie 2 song. He asked that the entire crowd sing that song, it was fucking great, I love that song! They played a beautiful performance of Here Without You. They told us that that was going to be their next single and that they recently finished shooting a video for that. I’ve been obsessed with that as of late, so to hear it that beautifully live was just fucking great. Their drummer had a huge drum solo. Oh my fuckin' God was that amazing. He had his solo right before When I'm Gone. He did a unforgettable 10 minute drum solo. After that they played When I'm Gone. That was amazing; the guitarist had a guitar with the red white and blue on it. They performed a new song that was titled Its Not Me. I believe that's the correct title. They closed the show with Loser after a short intermission.

Over all the concert was unbelievable. The bands were great, the crowd was great and the women were beautiful. Oh man, I cannot even begin to describe the absolutely gorgeous women. There was on in particular that was in the row before us. It was the kind that made me wish there was more light in the place. She had a killer body, beautiful face, and a sweet ass in those tight pants. To top that all off she was dancing during the show and had some fucking wicked killer moves! Man, I wish I took some pics of her. Her boyfriend was the weakly kind. Even I could kick his ass. There were some girls behind us that started talking about some stuff. They started imitating voices; they would lower their voices when they cheered. They would do this weird cheer, the stereotypical Middle Eastern cheer. Then they started talking about penises. That was kind of odd seeing how the looked as if they were 16. My phone ran out of battery so I wasn't able to take many pictures of 3 Doors Down or the beauty with the sweet ass in front of me. Over all, we all had fun and that night was well worth skipping Business Cal.

You can see the low res pics i took with my cell here, they came out alot better than expected.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:30 PM   #2
Scutley
USER INFO »
Man I wish I was there I love Our Lady Peace and Seether and Three Doors Down are great but OLP is the best. I hope the have a concert here in detorit soon. It must of been sweet I only have been to one of their concerts in my life. Glad you have fun you should send that review in to www.ourladypeace.cc go to and you will see E-mail and e-mail them your review they might post it on their site and they will love reading it as well. Well, peace out OLP rocks man. Then been my favroite band for about 1-2 years now.

Cast your vote for OLP to win the Fan Choice Award at the Juno Awards.

From ourladypeace.cc:
Juno Award Nominations
Group of the Year, Single of the Year ("Innocent") and Music DVD of the Year ("Our Lady Peace Live")

From ourladypeace.cc:
OLP 6th Major Release CD
Tentative Date
JUNE 2004
Old 09-19-2003, 06:54 PM   #3
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
i did, i sent it in this morning. just need them to update
Old 09-19-2003, 07:40 PM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
wow!!! OLP and 3DD are on my must-go concert list, right after Creed. Seether is nice as well, but I don't listen to them too much.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:17 PM   #5
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
I went to that concert...it was hot
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 09-19-2003, 11:01 PM   #6
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
which concert?
Old 09-19-2003, 11:12 PM   #7
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
the one with Shinedown, Seether, OLP, and 3DD
Old 09-20-2003, 10:54 AM   #8
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
ah ok
Old 09-20-2003, 10:42 PM   #9
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
yeah i don't really like 3DD and haven't heard much of Seether, but i really want to see OLP, they're my second fav. band
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 09-20-2003, 10:52 PM   #10
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Do your self a favor and go. They're tickets are always cheap, cheaper than Creed. Front row was about 35 bucks. they have alot of fuckign stage presence and Raine loves audience participation and has been known to go around the arena getting people involved. Steve on the other hand is a fucking mad man. everyone always said taht man men were geniuses and hes no exception!
Old 09-20-2003, 11:08 PM   #11
Scutley
USER INFO »
If you have never gone to a OLP concert I RECOMMEND go to their concert when they are in your town. It's like nothing else, you will enjoy it if you a rocker nut and love noise.

Cast your vote for OLP to win the Fan Choice Award at the Juno Awards.

From ourladypeace.cc:
Juno Award Nominations
Group of the Year, Single of the Year ("Innocent") and Music DVD of the Year ("Our Lady Peace Live")

From ourladypeace.cc:
OLP 6th Major Release CD
Tentative Date
JUNE 2004
Old 09-21-2003, 01:19 AM   #12
facelessman
USER INFO »
yeah, they are good live
Old 09-21-2003, 11:14 AM   #13
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I've seen all three of these bands too. I saw OLP last year in Phoenix with Creed, and they were AWESOME live, that's what made me go and buy their live cd (and with a rave review from Mullet ) I also saw 3DD in August at our state fair with Seether and I'm also not a huge fan of 3DD and don't know a lot of their music, but they do put on a really good show. Now as for Seether..I LOVE THEM!! That was the main reason for going to 3DD and the day after the show I went on to Seether's web-site and just for shits and giggles I checked out their tour page and man was I ever happy I did!! I found out that Indiana was having an XFest the next weekend and when I saw that GODSMACK was headlining, WE WERE SOOOO THERE!!! From where I live it's over a 10 hour drive, but it was sooo fricken worth it!! My daughter is a HUGE Seether fan (like Me) and they were doing signings. Well needless to say, they cut the line off right at her!! I was fuming!! I told the guy to tell the band that we drove over 600 miles to see these guys!! What a GREAT bunch of guys!! We had heard they were cool, and this goes to prove it...They said to let her in!!! I wanted to meet them too, but I let her go instead and I let a little girl that was behind us go too!! All I can say is, Wind-Up sure knows how to pick em', don't they!! lol SEETHER ROCKS!! We also had pit tickets and it was one of the most amazing shows I've been too!! Sully, up close and personal!! YUM!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 09-22-2003, 12:03 AM   #14
facelessman
USER INFO »
yeah i like Seether too..they played Smells Like Teen Spirit at the concert, and the place went crazy.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:55 AM   #15
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by luvscott4ever
I saw OLP last year in Phoenix with Creed, and they were AWESOME live, that's what made me go and buy their live cd (and with a rave review from Mullet )    YUM!!  

i gave it two decrepit hair styles up!