++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 03-22-2004, 07:09 PM   #16
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I heard that Dream Theater has a really good guitarist.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:17 PM   #17
devils_here
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to devils_here Send a message via Yahoo to devils_here
Yes they're all really great musicians. I believe at least 3 of them are graduates of MIT(Musicians Institute of Technology). I know the guitarist is.

"I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."
Old 03-23-2004, 12:41 AM   #18
RMadd
USER INFO »
The guitarist is John Petrucci. And I thought some of them went to Berkelee School of Music (in Boston?)... or is that some other band of which I'm thinking? Anyway, it's awesome stuff... Liquid Tension Experiment's good, too.

Old 03-23-2004, 05:49 AM   #19
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I have incredible Orchestra seats for this show. Can't wait. I LOVE their latest CD, heavier than the others. I am craving live music!
Hey Jen.
Yeh, I think it will be a much better experience seeing them live than listening to them. Seeing musos that ridiculously good all playing together is just insane!

Personally, I think they are amazing, but if I listen to them for more than 15 minutes, my brain gets fried!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-23-2004, 07:38 AM   #20
devils_here
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to devils_here Send a message via Yahoo to devils_here
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) The guitarist is John Petrucci. And I thought some of them went to Berkelee School of Music (in Boston?)... or is that some other band of which I'm thinking? Anyway, it's awesome stuff... Liquid Tension Experiment's good, too.

You could be right. I was going by what my husband told me All I know is that they are fantastic musicians!

Old 04-05-2004, 09:17 AM   #21
JenRN
USER INFO »
Well I went to the show in Philly Friday night. It was a totally different experience for this avid concert goer. All I have to say is WOW!!!!! You definately go for the music. They are so talented it is insane. John Petrucci, well he is the MOST incredible guitarist I have ever seen live, and yes this means over Tremonti (sorry). He was insane, the riffs, the melodies UNREAL!!! But I do have to say you go for the music and NOT the singing. The lead singer is "fair" but the music blew me out of the water. They are Julliard and Berkeley educated musicians. The crowd of people were so different as well. I was probably one of 5-6 women there, out of 3,000 people. It was a crowd of mostly "Tech TV science people" you had your nerdy Dungeons and Dragons types and then your preppy Hard Bangers all in one. It was cool and I am glad I went. It was a totally different experience. It was in a Theatre with roman colums etc.. so it made the ambience even better. Philly well....... that is a different story, I was not too impressed with that city.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-05-2004, 09:46 AM   #22
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I'm glad U enjoyed it. I wouldnt mind seeing them live thats fer sure.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 04-05-2004, 01:39 PM   #23
devils_here
USER INFO »
I'm so glad you had a great time I figured you would because like you said they are incredible musicians!

Old 04-05-2004, 08:35 PM   #24
Lechium
USER INFO »
Dream Theatre in the nutshell -- good band, but horrid (castrated multiple times? no other way guy will sing so high) vocalist.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:40 PM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) Well I went to the show in Philly Friday night. It was a totally different experience for this avid concert goer. All I have to say is WOW!!!!! You definately go for the music. They are so talented it is insane. John Petrucci, well he is the MOST incredible guitarist I have ever seen live, and yes this means over Tremonti (sorry). He was insane, the riffs, the melodies UNREAL!!! But I do have to say you go for the music and NOT the singing. The lead singer is "fair" but the music blew me out of the water. They are Julliard and Berkeley educated musicians. The crowd of people were so different as well. I was probably one of 5-6 women there, out of 3,000 people. It was a crowd of mostly "Tech TV science people" you had your nerdy Dungeons and Dragons types and then your preppy Hard Bangers all in one. It was cool and I am glad I went. It was a totally different experience. It was in a Theatre with roman colums etc.. so it made the ambience even better. Philly well....... that is a different story, I was not too impressed with that city.

Was it at the Tower Theater? If so, it's just outside the city in Upper Darby, in a not-so-good neighborhood. Good venue, though. I just saw Bob Dylan there. Philly really is a cool place to visit and hang out. It's like any other big city...it has good and bad.. ...Heh, I sound like a tourism person .
Old 04-06-2004, 08:37 AM   #26
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Was it at the Tower Theater? If so, it's just outside the city in Upper Darby, in a not-so-good neighborhood. Good venue, though. I just saw Bob Dylan there. Philly really is a cool place to visit and hang out. It's like any other big city...it has good and bad.. ...Heh, I sound like a tourism person .
Yes it was at the Tower Theater, cool place. I was in so many parts of Philly some were ok. I am not a big city person, I am partial to DC. I found the people in Philly to be rude, hell I got run over almost twice in the street. I had to pay a small fortune to park, and take cabs. I have been to many cities, NYC and others, I just found Philly run down etc... No offense to you Kerrie, you would be the best part of that place anyways! But Dream Theater was cool, glad I went. I totally agree with Lech on the vocals (god what is up with that )

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL about almost getting run over...Yeah, the drivers suck. Two friends from Philly went to R.I. for a U2 show and they couldn't believe that anyone would stop for them to cross the street, even on their green light.