++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 08-15-2003, 03:42 PM   #1
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Food for thought (about whole 'iraqi freedom' bullshit)

A very well written article: The Bush Administration's Top 40 Lies About War and Terrorism

http://babelogue.citypages.com:8080/sperry...storyReader$526
Old 08-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
eh.. id still drop the bomb
Old 08-15-2003, 06:29 PM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
well... Bush lied. Period.

Once upon a time, when you lied in America and cheated people, it used to turn into a big scandal, and the liar disappeared from the publicīs eye... good times!

(and back them, people didnīt use to hate USA)

yeah, sad but true. You can bash me all you want if you disagree...
Old 08-15-2003, 06:56 PM   #4
marlsy
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman

Took the words right outta my mouth
Old 08-15-2003, 07:00 PM   #5
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman

why?
Gimme a good reason to
Old 08-15-2003, 07:44 PM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
my 2 cents:

-Saddam Hussein was not a threat to USA. Period.

-The Iraqi people needed freedom. Period. The longer US troops stay in Iraq, the worse it is, coz someday they'll rebel against USA. Since Bush was fast to start the mess, she should hurry and clean it soon. (notice I'm NOT saying it's easy!!!).
Old 08-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #7
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
i grew up in a military family, my family's history extends deep into politics. we grew up and lived on the "dont ask, dont tell/need to know basis" crap. i grew up with that and still to this day i live by that.

i dont care about weapons of mass destruction, hell if you were really smart youd know that the ingredients to alot of these weapons are in your high school science book. why has no one cared to mention? cause aperently our kids are too stupid (or maybe they dont care) to pick it up and read. i love biology, its my favorite science i have all my text books cause i stole them at the end of the year and all that crap is in there... all you need to do is add 2+2.

WMD or not, saddam had to leave, any which way. he slaughtered his own people. he invaded his neighboring countries. you know this, this is a fact that all you anti-war pussies love to ignore. fact is, he might not have been a threat to us right now, but he was a threat, period. these people were regular humans like you and i and they need to be freed.

i never went to Iraq because i was never called... i would of given my left fucking nut to be there (<~~ trigger happy Texan). i supported this war and no matter what happens i stand by it and dubbya.

so he lied; shit happens, you deal with it and get over it.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:23 AM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't understand how people in this country can just accept the adminstration's lie after lie after lie about Iraq and shrug it off to some consequence of doing business. Yet when Clinton lied in a matter that did not threaten anyone's life, unlike a war, our country spent months trying to get rid of him. I'm not a Clinton lover by any means, but it seems our priorities are a little messed up. We don't mind accepting lies that cost a lot of lives, but we will go to the wall on some high moral horse to take down a man who lied about having sex with an intern.

This war is and always has been about oil and economic control. Freeing the Iraqi people was just a PR ploy to gather support for the war, along with the dubious claims that Saddam had WMD. In any event, it's a major shift in policy, going for a preemptive strike rather than responding to a real situation. Even if he had them, unless we had clear intelligence that he was going to attack the U.S., there is no justification for invading Iraq and losing countless American and Iraqi lives. From what I have been reading in the last several weeks, it doesn't appear this information was at hand.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:56 AM   #9
whocares
Banned
USER INFO »
Since when lechium did you become an expert on whats right for our country??? Or your country for that fact??? And whats your thoughts on ww2 when the allies went after hitler???? And do you think that after the dust settles on this one, that after so many americans and british troops have been killed that we will just "lay down" to the fact that we were "lied" to??? This whole conspiracy crap is just that "crap"...Most americans understand that we have to protect our interests in the gulf region...i.e. oil...Its what drives our country to protect the rest of the world, including your country....I for one stand by bush and our troops...
Old 08-16-2003, 02:30 PM   #10
Lechium
USER INFO »
2whocares: You cant compare ww2 with iraq bullshit, for a simple reason -- in ww2 usa and other were defending againts a common threat. In case of Saddam usa is agressors, cuz this time around he didnt attack Kuveit, he didnt do shit, his country was attacked and bombed for laughable reasons.

2Mulletman: just dont forget that it was US whi put Saddam in power in Iraq in the first place. Also about being threat in general... well a lot of things are, according to that logic gotta bomb France -- they got nukes for sure.

2Dogstar: right on
Old 08-16-2003, 02:36 PM   #11
Lechium
USER INFO »
P.S. About Saddadm being a bad guy who killed his own people and therefore should be stopped: few decates ago Cambodian govornment has executed half (or maybe even 2/3's but I'm not 100% sure) country's population. Let this sink in -- HALF of entire country's population was executed. Now that's MUCH fucking worse than Saddam, right?
Did Cambodia have oil? Nope. Did US do much to help these people? Noooo.

So please dont fucking tell me that US tries to save people around the world. It's only interested in it's own own commerical interests.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:37 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
and why Bush didnīt strike the Liberian goverment sooner? Why did they need UN for this and for Iraq not? And why Bush gave preference to his buddyīs oil company (which he has stock options) to "help" Iraq to produce oil?

Sorry, but Bush isnīt skilled enough to run your country. You deserve better.

Right on, dogstar!!! Not only about war, but itīs lie after lie on the Economical situation as well.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:10 AM   #13
jimmy2sacs
USER INFO »
Mullet! my brother got out of the army a few months before the whole war thing started, but his friends got to go. Since the whole 3rd ID was there he would've gone too. We even saw his friends chillin in one of saddam's palaces on the cover of the chicago sun-times.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:58 PM   #14
Aimee
USER INFO »
All I know is that my sis is still there and she is proud of what she's doing. I got a note from her the other day and she said that the Iraqi people have been inviting her troop into their homes and the kids are all smiles about being liberated. She did give her left nut to go, BTW and she left 2 children home to do it. She's driving munitions to the front line in a hummer and gets shot at all the time. She's a seargent and a target too! So when y'all talk about what's right or wrong about this goddamn freaking war, keep in mind that there are people reading who have loved ones there. To me, your opinions mean nothing compared to her life.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:43 PM   #15
Lechium
USER INFO »
2Aimee: All I'm saying is that war and it's cause is bullshit. I have nothing against people who are directly involved in it because of orderes they recieved.
I do question people who had volunteered thou, but guess they were just brainwashed by Bush & Co.

P.S. about 'liberation' -- Saddam was put into power by US... what makes you think that the new guy they're gonna put in charge or Iraq is going to be any better?