++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 03-04-2004, 10:55 PM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Wrong, American bad_a$, stop whining. You're talking about bad language, for which others have been warned as well. I'm talking about name-calling. As I said, keep it up and you'll be reported. This is normally a cool, pleasant place to hang out, and Steve likes to keep it that way. And we all disagree from time to time, but name-calling is rude and uncalled for.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:55 PM   #32
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: x - where do you come up with all this crap?

the news, religion class when we read real life storys of stuff, in school, on tv, on the radio, and the newspaper and literally everywhere you can hear this stuff

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 03-04-2004, 11:01 PM   #33
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Wrong, American bad_a$, stop whining. You're talking about bad language, for which others have been warned as well. I'm talking about name-calling. As I said, keep it up and you'll be reported. This is normally a cool, pleasant place to hang out, and Steve likes to keep it that way. And we all disagree from time to time, but name-calling is rude and uncalled for.

i am not whining. i don't see a differnce in me calling a bunch of people "dumbasses" and some one else so say out of the blue, "what the FUCK??"

is there a difference? help me here.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:11 PM   #34
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) i am not whining. i don't see a differnce in me calling a bunch of people "dumbasses" and some one else so say out of the blue, "what the FUCK??"

is there a difference? help me here.

The difference is you are using words to harm others... namecalling.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-04-2004, 11:15 PM   #35
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
i suggest you make me admin

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 03-04-2004, 11:34 PM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) i suggest you make me admin

Sorry, but that was the best one I've seen all night!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:22 AM   #37
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
yeah, yeah, yeah...okay
Old 03-05-2004, 03:38 PM   #38
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Sorry, but Bush isnīt skilled enough to run your country. You deserve better.
While I'll admit Bush is not perhaps the most intelligent man on the face of the earth, we do have multiple branches of government in these here United States. So while the president may be the foremost figure/symbol of our nation, he, by no means, runs this place. The legislative branch was created, in our constitution, to be the strongest branch and while power has, over time, shifted toward the executive branch, the legislature is by no means lesser than the President. At this point in time, the two branches are roughly equal in power. However, when both houses of the legislature, both which consist of members of both parties (obvious statement here, but necessary for emphasis) vote to give the power to the executive to declare war, than room for bitching among anti-war sentiments is decreased. And as I conveniently learned in my philosophy class today, elected Democrats in the legislature have no room to complain that it's unjust b/c they're in the minority because, as members of an elected legislature in which majority rules, they already understand the "risks", etc. associated w/ being in the minority.

Old 03-05-2004, 03:40 PM   #39
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Aimee) All I know is that my sis is still there and she is proud of what she's doing. I got a note from her the other day and she said that the Iraqi people have been inviting her troop into their homes and the kids are all smiles about being liberated. She did give her left nut to go, BTW and she left 2 children home to do it. She's driving munitions to the front line in a hummer and gets shot at all the time. She's a seargent and a target too! So when y'all talk about what's right or wrong about this goddamn freaking war, keep in mind that there are people reading who have loved ones there. To me, your opinions mean nothing compared to her life.
beautiful

Old 03-05-2004, 03:49 PM   #40
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) You defend a country when countrie's independance, and lives of it's citizens are in danger. Iraq campaign has nothing to do with defending US.
Saddam is a threat for oil industry mostly. Question is -- are you willing to die yourself or see your relatives/friends die for 20 cents off galon of gas few more billions in bank account of a big oil company?
I'll give you that Saddam's regime was a threat to American oil dependence. While I, personally, would not like to risk lives of friends/relatives to pay less for gas, the fact is that Americans don't like expensive gas (I'm not saying that anyone else would give lives of loved ones to pay less for gas)... I'm guess that you're not fond of the American Revolution, either? I mean, the revolutionary colonists didn't threaten the freedom of the British Empire. All Britain used the 13 colonies for was for its own economic advantage... cheaper cotton, cheaper lumber, etc. And how about the Falklands? There's not even economics at stake, just British pride. Won't let Argentina take over control of the islands despite the fact that the islands really have no economic benefits.

Old 03-05-2004, 03:51 PM   #41
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) I was talking about people who volunteered (and are happy to) to go to Iraq, not to military in general.
You don't think it's possible that maybe those people in the military found doing nothing but exercises dull, and wanted to put their skills to use?

Old 03-05-2004, 03:53 PM   #42
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) but hey, good thing we can always bomb a orphanage Full of 4 year old girls that will all be mercelessly slaughtered like lamb, because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Its happened before, its happening now, and it will happen again
especially when those are errant missiles, not aimed for the orphanages

Old 03-05-2004, 04:47 PM   #43
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
okay, how is this tone, dogstar

all this bitching about the oil, people say that we only went there for the oil, my question is, why haven't we seen any of it yet? and it is not like we could ship it out of the country secretly, those oil fields are huge. but if people out there think that this was only about oil, where is it?
Old 03-05-2004, 05:25 PM   #44
SMACKxxxCREED
USER INFO »

Well I Guess She Closed Her Eyes And Just Imagined Everything's Alright But She Could Not Hide Her Tears Cause They Were Sent To Wash Away Those Years
Old 03-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #45
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
whoa im staying out of this one
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new