++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 08-17-2003, 05:24 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: So when y'all talk about what's right or wrong about this goddamn freaking war, keep in mind that there are people reading who have loved ones there. To me, your opinions mean nothing compared to her life.

I have no quarrel with anyone who is there; it's the policies of our government I question. I lost a very dear cousin in the Army who died in a helicopter crash, so I know from loved ones being in the military. My uncle also was a 30-year Navy veteran. It doesn't mean I have any less respect for them for doing what they were ordered to do. There is no question we need brave people willing to defend our country. The key word is defend.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:34 PM   #17
Aimee
USER INFO »
If we are there we are defending our interests. You can't say it's ok to defend America, and then outline what is defendable. - Is that even a word???
Old 08-17-2003, 08:10 PM   #18
Lechium
USER INFO »
You defend a country when countrie's independance, and lives of it's citizens are in danger. Iraq campaign has nothing to do with defending US.
Saddam is a threat for oil industry mostly. Question is -- are you willing to die yourself or see your relatives/friends die for 20 cents off galon of gas few more billions in bank account of a big oil company?
Old 08-17-2003, 08:25 PM   #19
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
See but what you dont understand is that we all signed up on our own will, there was no draft. This administration's reasons were theres and not mine. those of us who signed up signed up for reasons of our own, not anyone elses. My father was in kosavo and somolia, he had no interest in that administration, nor were they of any threat to us. he accepted those missions for reasons of his own.

you have your reasons for being a coward, i have mine for being a murderer...
Old 08-17-2003, 08:36 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Aimee
If we are there we are defending our interests.  You can't say it's ok to defend America, and then outline what is defendable. - Is that even a word???

The key phrase again is *defending our interests*. Those interests (oil) are not the same as defending our country from attack. That's what I was talking about. And I do believe you can outline what can be defended. The U.S. was the aggressor here. We weren't defending ourselves from physical attack, but from economic threats. Big difference.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:47 PM   #21
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman
See but what you dont understand is that we all signed up on our own will, there was no draft. This administration's reasons were theres and not mine. those of us who signed up signed up for reasons of our own, not anyone elses. My father was in kosavo and somolia, he had no interest in that administration, nor were they of any threat to us. he accepted those missions for reasons of his own.  

you have your reasons for being a coward, i have mine for being a murderer...

People sing up to military to defend their country, not oil companies. Big difference.

Also once you're calling me a coward -- how come you're here in US, not in Iraq?
Old 08-17-2003, 11:32 PM   #22
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
I do question people who had volunteered thou, but guess they were just brainwashed by Bush & Co.
Where do you get off making that kind of a statement?? Who do you think you are, you of the high and mighty opinions??? The men and women who serve in the military do so of their own accord, no one 'brainwashes' them into doing it. My husband has been in the Navy for 6 years active and 18 as a Reservist with 2 years to go before retirement at age 40. He has been in the Navy through MANY presidential administrations both Democratic and Republican, and if called, he will go. Not because he's been 'brainwashed' by any one, but because it's his duty to his country, which he loves, and which he will do of his own free will. You need to get some more life experience under your belt before you go insulting people with the crap that flows out of your mouth on a daily basis.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-18-2003, 12:02 AM   #23
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Where do you get off making that kind of a statement?? Who do you think you are, you of the high and mighty opinions??? The men and women who serve in the military do so of their own accord, no one 'brainwashes' them into doing it. My husband has been in the Navy for 6 years active and 18 as a Reservist with 2 years to go before retirement at age 40. He has been in the Navy through MANY presidential administrations both Democratic and Republican, and if called, he will go. Not because he's been 'brainwashed' by any one, but because it's his duty to his country, which he loves, and which he will do of his own free will. You need to get some more life experience under your belt before you go insulting people with the crap that flows out of your mouth on a daily basis.

I was talking about people who volunteered (and are happy to) to go to Iraq, not to military in general.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:19 PM   #24
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
okay, all you people talking (speculating) about the freakin oil...where the hell is it?

that's right, still in the ground in iraq.

dumbasses.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #25
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
so teri, if you country tells you you have to slit an innocent 4 year old girls neak, would you do it?

just as an example here

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 03-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
American-Bad a$, knock off the name-calling. You're entitled to your opinion, but there is no need to be rude. I have no problem with people disagreeing, but I take offense to name-calling. Consider this a warning. Do it again, and you will be reported to Steve, who then will have the option of banning you. Thank you, and have a nice day.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:48 PM   #27
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) so teri, if you country tells you you have to slit an innocent 4 year old girls neak, would you do it?

just as an example here
First of all, our service men and women would never be told to kill any 4 year old girl.

Secondly, what's a neak?

And thirdly, why am I even dignifying this with a response?? God only knows.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:50 PM   #28
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
yhea your right theyd never be told to kill a 4 year old girl.

but hey, good thing we can always bomb a orphanage Full of 4 year old girls that will all be mercelessly slaughtered like lamb, because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Its happened before, its happening now, and it will happen again

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 03-04-2004, 10:52 PM   #29
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) American-Bad a$, knock off the name-calling. You're entitled to your opinion, but there is no need to be rude. I have no problem with people disagreeing, but I take offense to name-calling. Consider this a warning. Do it again, and you will be reported to Steve, who then will have the option of banning you. Thank you, and have a nice day.

why do i get threatened with a ban, when there is "fuck this, bullshit this" and tons of other crap all around me that i don't say?

sorry, but i think you are being partial to all the others in this thread.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:54 PM   #30
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
x - where do you come up with all this crap?