++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Which album will be most commercial succesful?
Alter Bridge - One Day Remains 22 57.89%
Scott Stapp - upcoming solo album 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2005, 01:54 PM   #16
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) First of all, you know that engineers can do wonders with technology to make your voice sound good on an album... so a voice isn't an issue. Stapp can sound good on an album. It's the live performance that I question.
Yeah, just look at Blink 182. Their albums sound awesome yet they suck live. Albums make Mark Hoppus sound a lot less monotone. (IMO)

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-13-2005, 02:04 PM   #17
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Exactly, look at Blink. Proves that you can be completely devoid of all talent and still make it rich.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:17 PM   #18
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
both will not be a big seller...probably make 1 to 3 albums and that is it...that is my prediction anyway....
Old 01-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »
Like I've said, I think Stapp still has it. Maybe he's not the same vocalist as he was in Creed(based on the live stuff I've heard from him before he had all those vocal problems, he was an awesome vocalist live just like he was on the albums) but I still think he's good. I don't think that's the studios and their technology. I think it's Stapp. Now I do think it's the studios and their technology that make Ashlee Simpson's vocals on the albums acceptable, but that's a whole other story.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #20
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) Exactly, look at Blink. Proves that you can be completely devoid of all talent and still make it rich.
Which means there's still hope for me lol.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-22-2005, 09:21 PM   #21
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Like I've said, I think Stapp still has it. Maybe he's not the same vocalist as he was in Creed(based on the live stuff I've heard from him before he had all those vocal problems, he was an awesome vocalist live just like he was on the albums) but I still think he's good. I don't think that's the studios and their technology. I think it's Stapp. Now I do think it's the studios and their technology that make Ashlee Simpson's vocals on the albums acceptable, but that's a whole other story.

You're right: it's Stapp. He's good.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:46 PM   #22
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) You're right: it's Stapp. He's good.
No, his voice sucks now. But no doubt it could be made to sound decent on an album. I just don't think his album is ever gonna come out...
Old 03-28-2005, 09:21 PM   #23
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) No, his voice sucks now. But no doubt it could be made to sound decent on an album. I just don't think his album is ever gonna come out...

Oh. I think it will. His album I mean.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #24
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I honestly think that AB will make it further. I wouldnt exactly count stapp out yet, but most people who didnt like creed, didnt like them because of stapp. I think that alter bridge has yet to throw a song out there that will launch them, and i also believe that the song that would get them out there is One Day Remains, because its extremely catchy, and has an uplifting feel to it. Stapp might skyrocket tho, you never know, but i believe that Alter Bridge realllllly needs to get ODR out on the radio so that more people can experience the epic side of alter bridge. Its my opinion that ODR would put them that much further ahead of stapp if it came down to it.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 03-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »
I dunno, but I still see Stapp having more commercial success, that is if he ever releases his solo album. I just think his music is going to be alot more pop radio friendly and, thus, will get more airplay than AB on those stations. Even if people hated Creed 'cause of Stapp, it doesn't really matter. Lots of people hate Britney Spears and Ashlee Simpson, yet they still get alot of airplay on pop radio. So, honestly, I don't see the hatred of Stapp/Creed being a problem for Stapp when it comes to pop radio airplay, which I think he'll get plenty of. But, on the other hand, I do see it being a problem on Rock stations. I can't see Stapp being successful on Rock stations, especially if his music is on the lighter side, which I expect it to be.(that isn't a bad thing, though)

Old 03-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #26
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I can't see Stapp being successful on Rock stations, especially if his music is on the lighter side, which I expect it to be.(that isn't a bad thing, though)

I don't really get why people are assuming it will be pop music. From what I have read Stapp is a big fan of classic rock. The record has a rock producer, and I've heard goneblind. They aren't a pop band. Sure Stapp's stuff will be more radio friendly, but that doesn't automatically translate into Pop music. Creed's stuff was radio friendly and it certainly wasn't Pop music. I actually think that some people are going to be very surprised. Especially those who are just waiting for the guy to fail miserably. I just don't think that's going to happen.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #27
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I don't really get why people are assuming it will be pop music.

Nor do I...but the key word here is ASSUMING...

Quote: From what I have read Stapp is a big fan of classic rock. The record has a rock producer, and I've heard goneblind. They aren't a pop band. Sure Stapp's stuff will be more radio friendly, but that doesn't automatically translate into Pop music. Creed's stuff was radio friendly and it certainly wasn't Pop music.

Exactly...

Quote: I actually think that some people are going to be very surprised. Especially those who are just waiting for the guy to fail miserably. I just don't think that's going to happen.

I'm thinking that "surprised" will just be a beginning...I believe that Stapp and Gone Blind are going to blow a lot of people's minds when the album is done. Good things worth waiting for...and my feeling is, this is going to be one of those "Good Things"...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 03-29-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:18 PM   #28
titan9
USER INFO »
See, I never said I think it'll be "pop" music. What I said was that I think it'll be more "pop radio" friendly than whatever Alter Bridge puts out in the future. Never did I say that Stapp's music is going to be pop, or that he is going to be a pop singer. Lots of rock artists get pop radio airplay with their softer songs, you know, the ballads. It happened to Creed, it happened to Staind, it has happened to a lot of artists from the rock genre. I think Scott's music will be more ballad-ish than Alter Bridge's music, thus, I believe he'll be more successful on pop radio than on rock radio. Of course, Stapp could surprise us with no ballads and actually have a real hard sound to his music, perhaps even harder than AB's sound. Who knows. We haven't heard any of the music that will be on his solo album, so we don't know what kind of music he'll put out.

I'm really anxious to hear some of his solo album. I know it's going to be good.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:23 PM   #29
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Of course, Stapp could surprise us with no ballads and actually have a real hard sound to his music, perhaps even harder than AB's sound.

Damn...I hope not. I think Alter Bridge is okay but they aren't the future of rock music in my opinion. I don't have a pop station where I live. I listen to a classic rock station and a rock station. The rock station plays just about everything you can imagine. I have nothing against ballads. I've heard stuff by goneblind. Stapp is working with a rock band. As long as it isn't too heavy I actually don't care. You never know. Stapp could have written another song like Higher. You know something that would have that kind of effect. Wouldn't that be cool.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #30
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Sorry. Double post

Last edited by PrtytilImPurple : 03-30-2005 at 09:27 PM. Reason: double post