++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-05-2004, 08:52 PM   #76
SistahSami
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Dude.....I read the article....I don't need to watch the video. If he took the high road.....I'd hate to hear what taking the low road would have been. Like I said...Stapp would know how an interview with MTV would turn out. Kinda like all the others he's done with MTV. I hope he'll look for a more unbiased forum to air his side of the story...that is, if there is an unbiased forum when it comes to Stapp.....I'm beginning to wonder why the hell that is??????? Sorry....I'm being honest about how what I read came across to me.....I'm not the only one. I realize going on first impressions isn't always fair....but in this case I think I got the message,loud and clear....I'm sad to say. I wasn't impressed.

What about the Abhrams Report? Maybe he could do one with them again.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:57 PM   #77
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Dude.....I read the article....I don't need to watch the video.

okay..I hate when I am lost..where in the hell is the article, Jooji? I would appreciate if you would post the link or pm me please. I will not be able to watch the interviews or whatever the next one that comes on is at 3:30 am.. love the boys but even I have limits..lol.

I just want to say though that I think that it is so cool that Michael has truly has Mark's back...family can be great that way. Good for them both.

I am looking foward to any music that comes any of the former members of Creed.
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 06-05-2004, 09:09 PM   #78
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by goddess_bb) okay..I hate when I am lost..where in the hell is the article, Jooji? I would appreciate if you would post the link or pm me please. I will not be able to watch the interviews or whatever the next one that comes on is at 3:30 am.. love the boys but even I have limits..lol.

I just want to say though that I think that it is so cool that Michael has truly has Mark's back...family can be great that way. Good for them both.

It's the MTV article. Teri started the thread - "Official MTV Story". Here's the link for it (the article) MTV Article
Old 06-05-2004, 09:25 PM   #79
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) It's the MTV article. Teri started the thread - "Official MTV Story". Here's the link for it (the article) MTV Article

Thanks- Shadow I just came from there when I saw your post...I appreciate your effort...

So now that I feel that I am caught up...may I add that what Mark said came as no big real big surprise to me so I didn't find it to be that derogatory. From what we heard from the media the last year of Creed...seems to follow what Mark said...

In my opinion and only my opinion, I was rather disappointed in the Weathered album...it was very uninspiring..I felt like it was the same song repeated..my point is not to bash but to point out that maybe it is true what Mark said about "holding eachother back". Here are two extremly talented people who were not meeting their potencial together anymore...
So I am not sad about the Creed break-up and I totally believe in Altar Bridge...Rock on Mark, Scott and Bryan..and now Myles..I am already a fan and I have not heard anything yet...go figure..
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 06-05-2004, 09:36 PM   #80
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by goddess_bb) okay..I hate when I am lost..where in the hell is the article, Jooji? I would appreciate if you would post the link or pm me please. I will not be able to watch the interviews or whatever the next one that comes on is at 3:30 am.. love the boys but even I have limits..lol.

Goddess.....go to www.mtv.com

Its on the news page...yesterday right up front and center...don't know if its still there today or not.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:42 PM   #81
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by goddess_bb) Thanks- Shadow I just came from there when I saw your post...I appreciate your effort...
So now that I feel that I am caught up...may I add that what Mark said came as no big real big surprise to me so I didn't find it to be that derogatory. From what we heard from the media the last year of Creed...seems to follow what Mark said...

In my opinion and only my opinion, I was rather disappointed in the Weathered album...it was very uninspiring..I felt like it was the same song repeated..my point is not to bash but to point out that maybe it is true what Mark said about "holding eachother back". Here are two extremly talented people who were not meeting their potencial together anymore...
So I am not sad about the Creed break-up and I totally believe in Altar Bridge...Rock on Mark, Scott and Bryan..and now Myles..I am already a fan and I have not heard anything yet...go figure..

I got it Jooji...thank you!!
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 06-05-2004, 10:37 PM   #82
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) But since yesterday, everything really has taken a different "feel". It's been a pleasure to come here (since yesterday) and "debate" as opposed to argue.

Yes, same here!
Old 06-06-2004, 12:11 AM   #83
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SistahSami) What about the Abhrams Report? Maybe he could do one with them again.

I'm sure he'd grant an interview to somebody who hadn't already misquoted him before.....I always heard that Stapp actually taped all of his interviews because he was misquoted so often.....you can't expect someone who's words are habitually taken out of context to trust anybody, especially MTV....I wouldn't if it were me.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:58 AM   #84
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I'm sure he'd grant an interview to somebody who hadn't already misquoted him before.....I always heard that Stapp actually taped all of his interviews because he was misquoted so often.....you can't expect someone who's words are habitually taken out of context to trust anybody, especially MTV....I wouldn't if it were me.
I never heard that he prefered to tape his interviews. But, I do remember him saying he would prefer to do an interview that's in front of a camera, as opposed to an article that's just in print (because he didn't want to be misquoted).

It's not a secret how Scott felt about MTV. MTV never supported Creed. The only time I ever remember seeing Creed on there was when they were doing the Making The Video for My Sacrifice. MTV doesn't play rock. I doubt you will ever see them play AB (with the exception of a premiere video). MTV2 is a better forum for rock music, as is VH1 and Fuse.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:20 AM   #85
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Im not defending MTV because I don't like it, but they do play rock. During the normal hours it's mixed in with all the rap/pop crap. Towards the nighttime they have an hour show for rock videos and even mix in more rock during the over-night show.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-06-2004, 12:14 PM   #86
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Phew, I'm going to head to the studio to watch Alter Bridge record, kick my feet up, and have a beer. Have a nice evening everyone. Oh by the way, if anyone wants to paste my recent posts over at PBF bb, since I can't, you have my permission. Maybe they'll see I'm not such a bad guy after all, maybe they'll still dislike me, who knows. Have a nice evening everyone.

Michael

Michael,

I wouldn't even waste my time defending yourself. I have been over at PBF just to see what is up with Scott and his new projects and I have made a few comments on the whole interview and how the press puts their own spin on things and to please not take sides. It doesn't matter over there. They worship Scott over there and thats fine, thats how they feel, but any debate will not change their minds. They all know how to reach you if they truely wanted to discuss this with you. In my opinion this is just another thing for them to lift Scott higher up on this pedistol they have built for him.

Concentrate your efforts the way you are, by giving the fans who truely want to hear the updates on Alter Bridge and are just as excited as you are about the new beginnings.

Take Care,
Melissa

edited for spelling.

Last edited by hockeymom97 : 06-06-2004 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:45 PM   #87
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
too funny

And yet again....PBF is brought into a discussion on another board. Why the obsession with what is said at PBF? And just so you know...I've not read over there in a day or so, been quite busy myself...so I don't know what has been said...but who cares if they are discussing what Mark said in the interview...and how it appears to THEM? I will never understand the need to drag other bb's into discussions that have nothing to do with the original topic...and then tear them down for seeing things they way they see it.

I see things posted all the time on various bb's...including this one.....but I don't go running back to my bb and bring it into a discussion in order to tear people down and cause more unneccessary drama.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:55 PM   #88
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) And yet again....PBF is brought into a discussion on another board. Why the obsession with what is said at PBF? And just so you know...I've not read over there in a day or so, been quite busy myself...so I don't know what has been said...but who cares if they are discussing what Mark said in the interview...and how it appears to THEM? I will never understand the need to drag other bb's into discussions that have nothing to do with the original topic...and then tear them down for seeing things they way they see it.

I see things posted all the time on various bb's...including this one.....but I don't go running back to my bb and bring it into a discussion in order to tear people down and cause more unneccessary drama.

I'm not tearing them down. My post below clearly states how they feel is fine.

Quote: They worship Scott over there and thats fine, thats how they feel, but any debate will not change their minds

And in all honesty it started because someone took a quote from here from Michael and posted it over there.

I do read over there to see what is up with Scott because I do think that he is a very talented man and am looking foward to hearing his new stuff.

My post to Michael was not intended to tear anyone down or start any more drama. Quite the opposite. They clearly don't want to hear what Michael or anyone from Alter Bridge has to say, from the comments on their board regarding the comment from Michael posted over there from here.

Sorry if it came across another way to anyone, that was not my intent.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #89
Wound
USER INFO »
I must say, it really hurts in my heart to know that Creed never will come back (i hope they will).
It was Creed who made me listen to Rock music.
Creeds music helped me very much in "bad times".
We must go on but never forget Creed, one of the best bands of all time.

Wound

Last edited by Wound : 06-06-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:58 PM   #90
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Im not defending MTV because I don't like it, but they do play rock. During the normal hours it's mixed in with all the rap/pop crap. Towards the nighttime they have an hour show for rock videos and even mix in more rock during the over-night show.
Makes me wonder if you ever sleep Steve.

Quote: (Originally Posted by hockeymom97) And in all honesty it started because someone took a quote from here from Michael and posted it over there.
You have this out of context. Michaels quote was posted by Frankie, whom I forwarded a PM to. Just to make something clear, it just wasn't "taken by someone" it was taken by me and given to Frankie (per Michael's request). So, please do not get in the middle of something you know nothing about.

And as far as worshiping Scott - I think the word worship is a bit extreme. It's a Scott Stapp BB, so of course that's what they'll talk about and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I have very, very rarely seen Mark or Michael's name even mentioned - they are just not a topic of conversation. I'm sure it's the same at AB's websites- no need to talk about Scott there.

Last edited by Shadow : 06-06-2004 at 03:09 PM.