++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #211
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Same here. I want to actually hear him say that, in an interview, before I get really ticked off. I've already said that him playing Creed songs, on tour, bothers me because it is, imo, disrespectful to not only Flip, Brian and Mark, but also to the legions of Creed fans who are against the idea. The only songs I wouldn't be offended at him playing are "With Arms Wide Open" and "Lullaby". If I'm at a Stapp concert and he plays a song like "One" or "My Own Prison", I'm going to be absolutely disgusted.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #212
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Um, lighten up, guys. Maybe English isn't ryen's first language. We do have a lot of international folks here

International folks don't use "u". Dogstar, you have been around long enough you should know when its a netspeaker and when its a different language speaker ;-) lol, it is all good, just messing around.

I don't mind so much when people spell bad as when they are just obnoxious.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #213
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) International folks don't use "u". Dogstar, you have been around long enough you should know when its a netspeaker and when its a different language speaker ;-) lol, it is all good, just messing around.

I don't mind so much when people spell bad as when they are just obnoxious.
LOL, I'm just trying to give him a break since he's new . He hasn't really been obnoxious or anything.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #214
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Same here. I want to actually hear him say that, in an interview, before I get really ticked off. I've already said that him playing Creed songs, on tour, bothers me because it is, imo, disrespectful to not only Flip, Brian and Mark, but also to the legions of Creed fans who are against the idea. The only songs I wouldn't be offended at him playing are "With Arms Wide Open" and "Lullaby". If I'm at a Stapp concert and he plays a song like "One" or "My Own Prison", I'm going to be absolutely disgusted.
*Shudders* I don't even want to think of him doing MOP or One without the other Creed guys. I think I would have to walk out .
Old 10-09-2005, 06:14 PM   #215
titan9
USER INFO »
I agree with you there. I'd probably boo as soon as I heard the first few notes, then I'd walk out of the concert in disgust, probably shouting something at Stapp. I mean, I'm a big fan of Stapp, but you just don't touch Creed songs when you are a solo artist....PARTICULARLY my two favorite Creed songs.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #216
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I agree with you there. I'd probably boo as soon as I heard the first few notes, then I'd walk out of the concert in disgust, probably shouting something at Stapp. I mean, I'm a big fan of Stapp, but you just don't touch Creed songs when you are a solo artist....PARTICULARLY my two favorite Creed songs.
Same here! I don't know if I'd boo but I definitely would leave in a huff.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:20 PM   #217
titan9
USER INFO »
I'd probably TRY to make a scene of it, so he could actually see how disgusted some Creed fans are with the idea. I hope there are other Creed fans who feel like I do at that concert, so hopefully we fans can get the point across.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:22 PM   #218
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I smell a revolution!
Old 10-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #219
ryen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) That's why I want to hear this before I pass judgment.

i know scott well do grat and what makes a differnts if i can spell right or not termonite or how ever u spell that apeantley it was good a noff if u culd read it. i dont cear what ya say about me or what u thank about me but im not going to set back and let u talk shit on some one who has helped me therw hard times in my life and give me grat times at the same time . i cear a lote about others and i have some one waching over me and im sure he is waching over scott to.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #220
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I agree with you there. I'd probably boo as soon as I heard the first few notes, then I'd walk out of the concert in disgust, probably shouting something at Stapp. I mean, I'm a big fan of Stapp, but you just don't touch Creed songs when you are a solo artist....PARTICULARLY my two favorite Creed songs.

Thats the whole point. Titan, i couldnt explain it better
Old 10-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #221
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ryen) i know scott well do grat and what makes a differnts if i can spell right or not termonite or how ever u spell that apeantley it was good a noff if u culd read it. i dont cear what ya say about me or what u thank about me but im not going to set back and let u talk shit on some one who has helped me therw hard times in my life and give me grat times at the same time . i cear a lote about others and i have some one waching over me and im sure he is waching over scott to.

hey man, i understand what you mean. Creed songs helped me through bad moments when i was alone and i didnt socialize with anyone.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #222
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ryen) i know scott well do grat and what makes a differnts if i can spell right or not termonite or how ever u spell that apeantley it was good a noff if u culd read it. i dont cear what ya say about me or what u thank about me but im not going to set back and let u talk shit on some one who has helped me therw hard times in my life and give me grat times at the same time . i cear a lote about others and i have some one waching over me and im sure he is waching over scott to.
Um, I didn't talk any shit about anyone
Old 10-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #223
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Im with Titan here, I 'm a Stapp fan, but I'd rather not to see he singing any Creed songs (except maybe WAWO) and the reason its very simple: they were Creed songs, not Stapp songs!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-09-2005, 10:05 PM   #224
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thank you.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #225
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Im with Titan here, I 'm a Stapp fan, but I'd rather not to see he singing any Creed songs (except maybe WAWO) and the reason its very simple: they were Creed songs, not Stapp songs!

'Zactly. If he wrote the music as well as the lyrics for those songs, I may not have a problem with it. But he, as far as I know, only did lyrics and vocals for Creed, so I don't think it is right of him to perform Creed songs, especially when Mark and him supposedly had a hand-shake agreement.