++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-01-2006, 06:09 AM   #1126
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

April 1st

"Don't let the Bible become the forgotten Book in your home."

In many homes, the Bible is hardly used or even thought about. The only time anyone picks it up to read it is when there's trouble, sickness, or a death in the family. And even then, the person may not know where to look for the help that's needed.

How long has it been since you've picked up your Bible and studied it for your own enjoyment, edification, and spiritual growth? Psalm 119:89-104 is a reminder why a good daily reading keeps us in check. The Lord will keep the man in peace, whose mind is stayed on him.

I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life.

Psalm 119:93

The more you read the Bible, the more you'll love its Author.

Watts

Heaven

Old 04-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #1127
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 2nd

"Your Babylon."

In captivity in Babylon, the Jews wept for their homeland and prayed for the day when they might return. But when the day of their release from captivity finally came and they were allowed to return, only about fifty thousand (out of hundreds of thousands) made the trek back to Jerusalem. Why? For one thing, some of the Jews were making a good living in Babylon, a better living than their fathers had made in Jerusalem. Others had married Babylonian spouses and become assimilated into Babylonian culture. They had forgotten Jerusalem. Can you blame them? Seventy years of captivity is a long time.

Whatever the reason, some of the Jews weren't like the writer of Psalm 137, which apparently was written shortly after their return from exile.

The Bible speaks of heaven as our Jerusalem and suggests that where we are now living is Babylon on earth. How comfortable are you in your Babylon? How are you faring there? Have you forgotten that you, too, are an exile, a pilgrim in a foreign land? What are you looking ahead to?

Beside the rivers of Babylon, we sat and wept as we thought of Jerusalem. We put away our lyres, hanging them on the branches of the willow trees. For there our captors demanded a song of us. Our tormentors requested a joyful hymn: "Sing us one of those songs of Jerusalem!" But how can we sing the songs of the Lord while in a foreign land?

Psalm 137:1-4

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your mind off your goals.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 04-03-2006, 02:20 AM   #1128
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) April 1st

"Don't let the Bible become the forgotten Book in your home."

In many homes, the Bible is hardly used or even thought about. The only time anyone picks it up to read it is when there's trouble, sickness, or a death in the family. And even then, the person may not know where to look for the help that's needed.

How long has it been since you've picked up your Bible and studied it for your own enjoyment, edification, and spiritual growth? Psalm 119:89-104 is a reminder why a good daily reading keeps us in check. The Lord will keep the man in peace, whose mind is stayed on him.

I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life.

Psalm 119:93

The more you read the Bible, the more you'll love its Author.

Watts

Heaven

AMEN HEV, THERE MAY BE A LITTLE DUST ON THE BOTTLE BUT DONT LET YA FOOL TO WHATS INSIDE
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-03-2006, 02:42 AM   #1129
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) April 2nd

"Your Babylon."

In captivity in Babylon, the Jews wept for their homeland and prayed for the day when they might return. But when the day of their release from captivity finally came and they were allowed to return, only about fifty thousand (out of hundreds of thousands) made the trek back to Jerusalem. Why? For one thing, some of the Jews were making a good living in Babylon, a better living than their fathers had made in Jerusalem. Others had married Babylonian spouses and become assimilated into Babylonian culture. They had forgotten Jerusalem. Can you blame them? Seventy years of captivity is a long time.

Whatever the reason, some of the Jews weren't like the writer of Psalm 137, which apparently was written shortly after their return from exile.
pslam 69.29.36 But I,am Poor And Sorroful Let Thy Salvation O God Set Me UP ON HIGH I Will Praise The Name Of God With A Song And Will Magnify Him With Thanksgivingh This Also Shall Be Better than ox or cows who gor horns and hoofs THE GOOD WAS SAYING Whats Wrong Wit You People i ask for love And You Bring Me Livestock the humble shall see this and be Glad And Your Heart Shall Live That Seek God For The Lord Heareth The Poor And Despieth Not His Prisoners LET THE HEAVEN AND EARTH PRAISE HIM THE SEAS AND EVERYTHING MOVETH For God Will Save ZAion ASnd Will Bulid The Cites Of Judah That They May Dwell there and have it in possession the seed also of his servants shall inherit it and they that love his name shall dwell therein
The Bible speaks of heaven as our Jerusalem and suggests that where we are now living is Babylon on earth. How comfortable are you in your Babylon? How are you faring there? Have you forgotten that you, too, are an exile, a pilgrim in a foreign land? What are you looking ahead to?

Beside the rivers of Babylon, we sat and wept as we thought of Jerusalem. We put away our lyres, hanging them on the branches of the willow trees. For there our captors demanded a song of us. Our tormentors requested a joyful hymn: "Sing us one of those songs of Jerusalem!" But how can we sing the songs of the Lord while in a foreign land?

Psalm 137:1-4

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your mind off your goals.

Unknown

Heaven

I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #1130
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
The Narrow Path

AMEN THE LORD THY GOD KNOWS ITS not the easy way and we get tired and numb on that path The Flesh is weak but the spirt is willing STRENGTH THROUGH THE SPIRT FOR THIS CAUSE I BOW MY KNESS CHRIST OF whom the whole family in heaven is named that he would grant you acording to the riches of his GLORY TO BE STRENGTHEND IN MIGHT BY HIS SPIRT the INNER MAN that christ may dwell in your hearts by faith that ye being rooted and grounded in love may be able to comrahend with all saints what is the breadeth and length and depth and height and to know the love of christ WHICH PASSETH knowlege that ye might be filled with the fulness Of God I THEREFORE the prisoner Of The Lord beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called with all lowiiness and meekness with longsuffering forbearing one another in love endeavouring to keep the untiy of the spirt in the bond of peace there is one bodyu and one spirt even as you ye are called in one hope of your calling One Lord One Faith One Babtism One God And Father Of All Who Is Above All And Through All and in you all Eph.3.14.19 4.1.6
Old 04-05-2006, 01:28 AM   #1131
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Lord!!!!!

The Works And The Word Of God a long study Coming From The New Tes Before I Have Placed Before You A Open Door Knocked And It Shall Be Opend Amen The Lord Loves The Pure Of Hearts And Gods Find The Supplications Thereof Message Psalm 19 The Heavens Decare The GLORY Of God And The Firmament Show Us His Handi Work Day Unto Night Show His Knowlege There Is No Speach Nor Launguage where their is voice not heared Now That May Sound Like A Lot Of Prayer THE LORD HEARS THE PURE OF HEART And The Broken He Will Indeed Reject The Prayers Of The Fools Their Line Is Gone Out Through The Earth And Their Words To The End Of The World Foe I,am With You Even To The End Of The World Amen And Amen In Theme Hath He Set A A Tabernacle For The Sun Which Is Unto The Bridegroom Coming Out Of His Chamber And Rejoiceth A Strong Man To Run A Race His Going Forth Is From The End Of Heaven And His Circcuit Of The Ends Of It There Is Nothing Hiding From The Heat Therof The Law Of The Lord Is Perfect Converting The Soul The Testimony Of The Lord Is Sure Making The Wise Simple
Old 04-05-2006, 06:30 AM   #1132
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 5th

"We turn to You for comfort and security in a frightening time."

Hey gang I'm back!!! We had some severe weather over the weekend here and it knocked out our power, phone, internet, etc... I have never seen anything this strong before in this area. 60 ft trees topped and knocked over, my son's play set (hand built; at least 600 lbs.) was lifted up and then slammed to the ground busting it in several places. There is debris all over our property from who knows where, and the only noises up here on the hill are chain saws from the local volunteer civil service crews and utility companies repairing downed lines and clearing the roads and helping neighbors with limbs that are blocking their drives... I'll post some pics and a link a.s.a.p...

We have no need to fear, for the Lord is watching over us, and He will pull us toward Himself during bad times. The love of God is beyond human comprehension. We need not understand it, only except it.

How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Psalm 36:7

Heaven

Old 04-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #1133
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
My Times Are In Thy Hand

Hey U were missed Hev STORMS CAN BE SCARRY AMEN In His Hands He Carry Us Through All Of Theme this is one book from the Psalms Hev I Sware i cant Justify the meaning of it therof I just ALWAYS YELL IT MY TIMES ARE IN THY HAND OH LORD BUT I TRUST IN THEE O LORD I Said Thou Art My God My Times Are In Thy Hand Deliver me from the hand of mine enemies and from theme that persecute me make thy face to shine upon thy servant Save me For Mecys Sake Let Be Bot Ashamed Oh Lord For I Have CALLED UPON THEE OH LORD AMEN AND AMEN Let The Wicked Be Ashamed And Let the lying lips be put to silence which speak grivous things proudly and asured Oh HOW GREAT IS THY GOODNESS Which Thou hast wrought for theme that trust in thee before the sons of men thou shalt hide theme in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man thou shalt keep theme secretly in a pavilionh from the strife of tounges BLESSED Be The Lord For He Hath Shown Me His Marvellous Kindness In A Strong City For I Said In My Haste I,am Cutt From Before Thine Eyes Neverthless Thou Hearest Me The Voice Of My Supplications When I Cried Unto Thee O Love The Lord All Ye His Saints For The Lord Preserveth The Faithful Be Of Good Courage And He Shall Strengthen Your Heart All Ye Hope In The Lord
Old 04-06-2006, 06:20 AM   #1134
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 6th

"Forgiveness."

What a sweet and precious gift. What we could not fix, make up, or pay for, God did for us in Jesus. With him each day is a fresh start and rebirth of springtime. But my what a cost!

In Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.

Ephesians 1:7

There are two great days in a person's life... The day we are born and the day we discover why.

William Barclay

Heaven

Old 04-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #1135
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
The Appeal To Hold Fast

AMEN HEV there is nothing like the forgivness of christ and no love be greater than that of his even for those who mocked him and cursed him Having therefore boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of christ by a new and living way which he hath consecrated for us through the veil that is to say his flesh and having high priest over the house of God let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of FAITH the evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water let us hold fast the profesion OF OUR FAITH without WAVERING AMEN For He Is faithfull that promised And Let Us Consider One Another to provoke unto Love And To Good Works not for saking the tabernackle of ourselfs as the manere of some is but exhorting one another and so much much much more as ye see the approaching for if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowlege of the truth there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins but a certian fearful looking of judgement and fiery indignation which shall devour the adversaries he that despised moses law died without mercy under two or three witnnesses of how much sore punshiment suppose ye shall trodden under the foot the son of god and hath counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified an un holy thing and hath done despite unto the spirt of grace FOR WE KNOW HIM THAT HATH SAID VENGEANCE BELONGETH TO UNTO ME, Amen I will Recompromise Saith The Lord And Again The Lord Shall Judge His People IT IS A FEARFULL THING TO FALL IN THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD But Call To Remembrance The Former Days in which after ye endured a great flight of allfictions partly while ye were made a gazing stock both by reproaches and afflictions and partly while whilst ye become company of theme that were so used for ye had compassion of me in my bonds and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods knowing in yourselfs that ye have in heaven a better And Enduring Substance CAST NOT AWAY THEREFORE YOUR CONFINDENCE WHICH HATH GREAT RECOMPROMISE OF REWARD , For Ye Have Need Patience That After THE WILL OF GOD ye Might Receive the promise for yet a littlie while and he that shall will Come Will Not Tarry Now The Just Shall Live By Faith but if any man draw bacvk my soul shall have no pleasure in him BUT WE ARE not of theme WHO DRAW BACK Unto perdition But Of Theme That Believe To The Saving Of The Soul Hebrews 11.19.30
Old 04-07-2006, 06:12 AM   #1136
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 7th

"Taking the plunge."

When we are baptized into Christ, we share in his crucifixion and we are raised up to be new people. Christ is alive in us. The real challenge is for us to be "Christ alive!" Our motivation? Not to earn salvation, which has already been given us by grace, but to honor him who sacrificed all to save us.

From now on, think of it this way: Sin speaks a dead language that means nothing to you; God speaks your mother tongue, and you hang on every word. You are dead to sin and alive to God. That's what Jesus did.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20

Get alone with Jesus and either tell Him that you do not want sin to die out in you, or else tell Him that at all costs you want to be identified with His death.

Oswald Chambers

Heaven

Old 04-08-2006, 07:02 AM   #1137
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 8th

"The faith of Daniel."

In 1989, Lazlo Tokes was the pastor of a fast-growing reformed church in the city of Timisoara, Romania. His powerful preaching had caught the attention of communist officials, and they began a strategy of suppression. Just before Christmas, they decided to send him into exile.

But when the police arrived to hustle Pastor Tokes away, they were stopped cold. Around the church stood a wall of humanity. Christians from around the city; Baptist, Pentecostal, Orthodox, Catholic had joined together to protest.

All through the day they held their post. As it grew dark, a Baptist student named Daniel Gavra pulled out a packet of candles, lit one, and passed it on to his neighbor. Then he lit another. One by one the burning candles were passed out among the crowd. Soon the darkness of the December night was pierced by the light of hundreds of candles. When Pastor Tokes looked out his window, he saw a sea of faces lit up by a warm glow.

Two days later, police finally broke through the crowd and dragged Pastor Tokes away. But that was not the end. People streamed to the city square. Hundreds were shot, Young Daniel's leg was blown off. Yet the brave example set in Timisoara inspired the rest of the nation. Within days the entire population of Romania had risen up and the bloody dictator Ceausescu was gone.

[Daniel said,] "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty."

Daniel 3:17

The good news for those who go through intense trials and suffering is that once the impulse to flee is broken, God delivers.

Chris Tiegreen

Nothing great was ever done without much enduring .

Catherine of Siena

Heaven

Old 04-09-2006, 07:06 AM   #1138
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 9th

"Praising her victorious Savior."

Today is Palm Sunday. The triumphal entry into Jerusalem was the scene of a curious exchange between Jesus and the religious leaders of the day. A crowd was following Jesus, waving palms and singing, "Hosanna!" This term, literally meaning, "Lord, save us!" was also a cry of praise. This crowd included a number of children, no doubt caught up in the excitement of the day. The leaders asked Jesus to tell the children to stop such singing. Certainly Jesus wouldn't want innocent kids to be guilty of blasphemy. "Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked Jesus.

Yes, Jesus said, quoting Psalm 8:2, "From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise." Matthew 21:16

You might think that Jeannette Threlfall had many reasons not to praise God. Orphaned young, shuttled among relatives, she was injured in an accident and became an invalid. Yet she remained cheery and faithful, penning many Christian poems and hymns. Her life was a cry of hosanna! to her victorious Savior.

The next day, the news that Jesus was on the way to Jerusalem swept through the city. A huge crowd of Passover visitors took palm branches and went down the road to meet him.

John 12:12

From Olivet they followed mid an exultant crowd the victor palm branch waving, and chanting clear and loud; the Lord of men and angels rode on in lowly state, nor scorned that little children should on His bidding wait.

Hosanna, Loud Hosanna by Jeannette Threlfall ( 1821-1880 )

Related scriptures; Luke 19:28-46, Matthew 21:1-17, Mark 11:1-11, John 12:12-50, John 2:13-15

Heaven

Old 04-10-2006, 06:09 AM   #1139
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 10th

"Not the revolutionary they expected."

When Jesus entered Jerusalem riding on a donkey, hopeful crowds filled the streets waving palm branches and praising God. But less than a week later, when it became clear that Jesus was not the revolutionary they expected, this same crowd demanded His crucifixion.

For Theodulf, whom King Charlemagne had made bishop of Orléans in the late 700s, praise was born of painful circumstances. After Charlemagne's death, Theodulf was exiled to Angers, France, on charges of conspiracy. In the dark prison at Angers, Theodulf apparently wrote the text of this hymn, which became the great Palm Sunday processional of the Western church, a celebration of God's grace sung by millions through the centuries.

He was in the center of the procession, and the crowds all around him were shouting, "Praise God! Bless the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Bless the coming kingdom of our ancestor David! Praise God in highest heaven!"

Mark 11:9-10

All glory, laud, and honor to Thee, Redeemer, King, to whom the lips of children made sweet hosannas ring; Thou art the King of Israel, Thou David's royal Son, who in the Lord's name comest, the King and blessed One!

To Thee, before Thy passion, they sang their hymns of praise; to Thee, now high exalted, our melody we raise: Thou didst accept their praises—accept the praise we bring, who in all good delightest, Thou good and gracious King!

All Glory, Laud and Honor ~ Theodulf of Orléans ( c. 750-821 )

Heaven

Old 04-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #1140
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen

when we look in to the teachings of christ, you will find that everything that proceeded from his mouth MATCHED A NARROW PATH As We Look At Our Paths We May Stop And Think WHY GOD WHY GOD why must i go through so much, st matt.26,1.56 Put Up Again Thy Sword Into His Place For All That Take The Sword Shall Perish With The Sword Thinkest Thou That I cannot NOW PRAY TO MY FATHER, AND HE SHALL PRESENTLY GIVE ME MORE THAN 12 LEGIONS OF ANGELS But How then shall the scriptures be fulfilled How Can Our Lifes Be Fufilled So Quick When His Teachings And Life Ended Way To Soon HE CAME AND GAVE US LIFE MORE ABUNDLTLY AMEN, And Through Are Walks And Journeys And Of Course And Daily ITS BEST TO WAIT UPON THE LORD OUR GOD, Psalm 119, 49.53 REMEMBEAR The Word Unto Thy Servant upon which thou hast CAUSED ME TO HOPE THIS is my Comfort in my affliction for thy word hath quickend me the proud oh the proud have had me greatly AMEN somebody always got something to good to say or sing AMEN yet they praise me with their lips But yet their hearts be far from me In Derision Yet Have I Not Declined From The Law I Remembear Thy Jugements OF OLD AMEN AND AMEN AND Again And Again IF HAD NOT BEEN THE LIVING GOD WHO WAS ON OURSIDE THAN WHERE WOULD BE, Oh Lord Have I Comforted Myself Horrow hath taken hold upon me because of the3 wicked that forsake the law thy statues have been My songs in the house of my pi8lgrim age i have remembered thy name O lord in the night and have kept thy precepts