++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-12-2004, 01:46 AM   #1
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Lofty eye'd generation...

The Generation With Lofty Eyes...

A generation of people who are lifted up in their own sight and seeking to make a name for themselves are following the spirit of Antichrist which is in the world today.

Proverbs 30:13 - "There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up."

Genesis 11:4 - "...let us make us a name..."

Philippians 2:9 - "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name."

Colossians 1:18 - "...that in all things He might have the preeminence."

Proverbs 30:11-14 mentions four different generations.

A "generation" in the Bible can refer to a period of time, an age, or - as is the case in this particular Scripture - a class of men.

These men have one thing in common - they are haughty, scornful, vain, proud, and insolent.

How do we know this? It is written all over their faces - so to speak.

In Hosea 5:5, we read how pride can be seen on a person's face - "And the pride of Israel doth testify to his face."

More specifically, the condition of the heart can be seen in the eyes.
A "proud heart" and a "high look" go hand in hand.
Both Psalm 101:5 and Proverbs 21:4 attest to this fact -

"Whoso privily slandereth his neighbor, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer."

"An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin."

In Psalm 131:1, David spoke the same sense but in the reverse manner ,"LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty..."
Proverbs 21:4 tells us to have a "high look" and "a proud heart" is sin.
Habakkuk 2:4 describes the soul "which is lifted up" as being "not upright."

"O how lofty are their eyes!" - In other words, their eyes are raised up, set on high, manifesting self as being magnified and exalted.

"Their eyelids are lifted up" - Once again, Agur in his prophecy in Proverbs 30 illustrates pride and haughtiness by the raised eyelids.

As we look around us at our world today, we see that men are no different than in the days of Agur's prophecy. In fact, today's society resembles the society of people traced back to the Tower of Babel in
Genesis 11...

Genesis 11:4 - The cry on most men's lips is - "...let us make us a name."
Unfortunately, this cry is not only heard among the unregenerate but among the "Christians" as well.

"Let us make us a name." Man has always had an insatiable desire or thirst for fame, glory, honor, renown, and reputation. To make a name for himself was to actually become self-sufficient from God and to enjoy the preeminence.

It is interesting to note that the Lord Jesus - the God Man - Who was and is Worthy of all Exaltation - did the total opposite of this Generation With Lofty Eyes.

Philippians 2:7 says of Jesus - "But made Himself of no reputation..."

Philippians 2:8 - Because the Lord "...humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross,"

Philippians 2:9 - we then read - "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a Name which is above every name."

Because the Lord Jesus made Himself of no reputation and humbled Himself, God "highly exalted" Him. God raised Him to the highest position and gave Him a Name - exceeding and abundantly above every name. No other Name can be compared to the Name of Jesus - Never can and never will.

Colossians 1:18 says - "...that in all things He might have the preeminence."

In everything, Jesus is first in rank, dignity, honor, power, and influence.

In all things, He holds first place.

In each and every thing, He is chief over all the creation of God.

Psalm 89:27 - He is "higher than the kings of the earth."

Psalm 45:2 - He is "fairer than the children of men."

Song of Solomon 5:10 - He is "the chiefest among ten thousand."

Isaiah 52:13 - He is "exalted and extolled" and is "very high."

Ephesians 1:20 - He is seated at God's right hand in heavenly places.

John 3:31 - He is "above all."

Ephesians 1:21 - He is "far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come."

1 Peter 3:22 - "Angels and authorities and powers" are "made subject unto Him."

Matthew 28:18 - All power is given unto Him in heaven and in earth.

Hebrews 1:6 - "ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM."

Hebrews 1:4 - He is "made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they."

Colossians 1:17 - "...He is before all things, and by Him all things consist."

Colossians 1:18 - "...He is the head of the body, the church: Who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence."

God "highly exalted" Jesus and gave Him "a Name" which is above every name. How did Jesus receive this "Name"? Unlike the Generation with Lofty Eyes - seeking to make a Name for themselves - He received it through Humility -

Philippians 2:7 - "But made Himself of no reputation..."

Philippians 2:8 - He also received it through Obedience to God - "...became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

"There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! And their eyelids are lifted up!"

2 Thessalonians 2:4 - This is the Generation of the Antichrist! - "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped..."

1 John 2:18 - The Apostle John attests to the fact that this is the Last Days Generation - "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

1 John 4:1 - A Generation of people who are lifted up in their own sight and seeking to make a Name for themselves are following the "spirit of Antichrist" which is in the world today. The Lord Jesus showed us the way to receive Honor from God - through humility and obedience. Even so, in all things the Lord shall have the preeminence.

Isaiah 2:10 - Isaiah prophesied of the Day of the Lord when men " for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of His majesty" shall "enter into the rock" and "hide...in the dust."

Isaiah 2:11-12 - "The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low."

Isaiah 2:17 - "...and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day."

There will no longer exist a Generation that is lofty in their eyes for the Lord Jesus and He alone will have the Preeminence! Man will no longer seek to make a Name for himself for there will be Only One Name that will be High and Lifted Up - The Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 6:17 - God calls to all of His children - "...COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM, AND BE YE SEPARATE...AND TOUCH NOT THE UNCLEAN THING..."

Revelation 18:4 - Have nothing to do with this Generation which seeks to make a Name for itself. "...Come out of her, My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins..."

Seek not the honor, fame, and glory that comes from men.
Seek the honor that comes from God through Humility and Obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ and for His praise, honor, and glory.

Colossians 1:18 - "...that in all things He might have the preeminence."

Heaven
Old 09-12-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
" Clap Clap Clap>>>>>>>> PRAISE JESUS , SHOUT TO THE LORD
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything