++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 11-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #16
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Who stays where they're not wanted? My question still stands.

-Homer Simpson

Old 11-08-2005, 01:39 AM   #17
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) NO ONE IS SAYING THAT, AND PLEASE DONT PUT WORDS IN OUR MOUTH-WE are that just trying to understand WHY that violence is coming up, what are the reasons behind this terrible situation.
i apologize... i wasn't trying to put words in your mouths, only clarify your view on the matter, b/c it seemed to me that 1 or 2 people were in support of rioting.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:48 PM   #18
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebio) Who stays where they're not wanted? My question still stands.
Those who cannot leave.

You have those who are too old, too sick/disabled, too poor, those who cannot sell what little they have because there is no market for a bi-level slum complete with cockroaches, the list goes on and on...

When you have no job, no food, no money, no gas, no decent transportation, and limited if any resources, how are you going to leave?

Heaven

Old 11-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #19
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) Those who cannot leave.

You have those who are too old, too sick/disabled, too poor, those who cannot sell what little they have because there is no market for a bi-level slum complete with cockroaches, the list goes on and on...

When you have no job, no food, no money, no gas, no decent transportation, and limited if any resources, how are you going to leave?

Heaven

Don't throw poverty at me as if I don't know it. I've lived it. This is looking more like a muslim riot. I guess I'm just no good at making excuses for people.

-Homer Simpson

Old 11-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #20
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebio) Don't throw poverty at me as if I don't know it. I've lived it.

This is great!

So you can tell us how you rose from poverty, and enlighten us on how simple it is, subsequently solving a major issue that has afflicted the world for thousands of years?

Do tell...

Heaven

Old 11-09-2005, 04:06 AM   #21
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) This is great!

So you can tell us how you rose from poverty, and enlighten us on how simple it is, subsequently solving a major issue that has afflicted the world for thousands of years?

Do tell...

Heaven

I never claimed anything to be easy. Life is hard and unfair.
I WORKED MY ASS OFF AND I DON'T WASTE TIME FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF. This issue will be solved when one side wins and one side loses. Tell you what, if I'm wrong and global peace is declared between all cultures and RELIGIONS, I will owe you a Coke!

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 11-09-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #22
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebio) Who stays where they're not wanted? My question still stands.

that question its not so simple...ya know? and people nowadays want their rights respected by the State and leaving its definitely a distant perspective ...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #23
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebio) I never claimed anything to be easy. Life is hard and unfair.
I WORKED MY ASS OFF AND I DON'T WASTE TIME FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF. This issue will be solved when one side wins and one side loses. Tell you what, if I'm wrong and global peace is declared between all cultures and RELIGIONS, I will owe you a Coke!
You were able to do what many dream of eusebio, I don't want to take that way from you, damn proud of you actually...

The problem is, it's not easy, as you agree, and you may have had that one thing (that keeps others grounded in despair) revealed to you which helped your situation.

Kudos for the climb, it's a tough one, but try to remember not everyone can make it. This you must understand...

Heaven

Old 11-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #24
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) that question its not so simple...ya know? and people nowadays want their rights respected by the State and leaving its definitely a distant perspective ...
Good point! How honorable is it to walk away from what you know could be helped if you stayed?

Heaven

Old 11-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #25
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Every individual holds some level of responsibility for their lives. I've learned that these immagrant communitys in France for the most part function as separate societys.
The same thing goes on here in America. There are some Mexican immagrants that do not want to assimalate to our cultare or learn english. I face predjudice from alot of these people because I don't speak spanish. My own Grandmother on my Fathers side still only speaks spanish and this limits her in so many ways.
If someone chooses an allegiance to soil(Country) they may have never touched and place the land of their birth second, they will limit themselves.
On the other hand if the French government is responsible for every citizens success, then I would agree they have a valid point.
I'm well aware of predjudice. We have it in America and it's all over the world, yet people still succeed.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 11-11-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:44 AM   #26
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
I hope my posts on this issue aren't taken as arrogant or condescending. I truly don't believe the government is the ultimate solution to this problem. Individuals can't be forced by politicians to accept the differences in RELIGION and cultare. I don't know what the solution to the problem is. If I could speak to someone in this situation my advise would be to focus on self reliance. I'm just not confident in advising anybody to depend on the government to fix their lives. Governmant assistance will help, but a strong economy generates and sustains gainful employment. How to fix a countrys economy? There's a thread I would DREAD!

-Homer Simpson

Old 11-12-2005, 08:34 AM   #27
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
See this:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10002025/

" The riots have forced France to confront the touchy issue of the poor suburbs ringing big cities populated by immigrants and their French children. They face soaring unemployment, poverty and routine discrimination."

Its not the same of saying they (immigrants) refuse to teach french or to get into french culture, its much more deep than that: Its France definitely facing the other side, which society just prefer to hide...or pretend it simply doesnt exist...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 11-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #28
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
I completely understand your point of view and I agree everyone should be treated equal.
*How does the government/society create jobs and what industry will these jobs support?
*Who will pay for the university/vocational training of the poor?
*How does any government change the heart and mind of anybody who disciminates or is racist?
If the answer is government programs, how will the programs be enforced?
In the case of anti discrimintion training, who will be forced to attend?
Most jobs require training/education and that costs money.
This is a huge problem, but I'm not content with just blaming one side of their society.
I will never be convinced that people do not have free will. They chose to riot against the people they want equality with.
Peaceful protests for the world to see might have worked

-Homer Simpson

Old 11-13-2005, 04:56 PM   #29
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Immigrants in countries like France, Spain, England, Portugal and Germany dont seem to think about peaceful protests...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 11-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #30
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Now, how did this all start? How did the two teenagers die? I'm so not following you!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor