++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 12:30 PM   #16
FEREZ1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
steve

Steve, whoever that is, don't close this thread. Is this how your message board works? Someone gives an honest opinion about a relevant issue, and you close it because some moron doesn't agree?! I don't want to ruffle feathers, its just that i'm so disillusioned with Stapp that i felt i had to say it. If you dont agree with my view, fine, i respect that! But i damn sure aint the only one who thinks this. Most of my creed loving friends have given up on them due to the fact they can't stand stapp. We all want to, but he don't do himself any favours. Its something that should be addressed and discussed
Old 02-09-2004, 12:34 PM   #17
creedsister
USER INFO »
i cant belive this guy You CANT TELL THE LORD OF THE THREADS WHAT TO DO!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #18
creedlvr
USER INFO »
First off ...
Dont' F#%!#! call me a moron!

Second ...
You're rude and obviously don't know how to state your opinions in a manner that isn't offensive. You're new here ... take a step back and try realizing how you came off.

I won't be wasting my time responding to this thread again!
Old 02-09-2004, 12:36 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Look, can you at least not resort to name-calling, Ferez1? You're entitled to your opinion, but don't expect to have a lot of people agree with you when you are posting on a FAN web site.

Quote: Its something that should be addressed and discussed

It has been. There are countless threads on this subject dating to the Chicago show. You might want to look some of them up before starting yet another one. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:39 PM   #20
creedsister
USER INFO »
:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Look, can you at least not resort to name-calling, Ferez1? You're entitled to your opinion, but don't expect to have a lot of people agree with you when you are posting on a FAN web site.

It has been. There are countless threads on this subject dating to the Chicago show. You might want to look some of them up before starting yet another one. Thanks.
Thank you!!!!!! DogStar i
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-09-2004, 12:40 PM   #21
FEREZ1
USER INFO »
huh?

I have come across as rude, and i apologize for it. However may i say that i gave an honest opinion to start with, and no one discussed it, they just attacked me. I want people to discuss it, not to start ranting about how disrespectful i am, just because my post didnt fit the status quo. I am a genuine creed fan and i'm sorry if i didn't say what you all WANTED me to say. Oh well, I LOVE AND ADORE SCOTT STAPP, HE'S TOTALLY INNOCENT...........HE'S GOD!!
Old 02-09-2004, 12:44 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, Ferez1, this board isn't like others. There are standards of decency that we try to adhere to. If you can't abide by them, you will be reported to Steve, the administrator of this board, who can decide to ban you if he so chooses. There is and has been plenty of debate on this subject, and yes, it does get heated. But we don't trash people with nasty language and insults. Well, we try very hard not to, but emotions can run high sometimes.

As I stated above, you are entitled to your opinion. It's the manner in which it is being delivered that is offensive.

Last edited by Dogstar : 02-09-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #23
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Okay.........

Quote: (Originally Posted by FEREZ1) I have come across as rude, and i apologize for it. However may i say that i gave an honest opinion to start with, and no one discussed it, they just attacked me. I want people to discuss it, not to start ranting about how disrespectful i am, just because my post didnt fit the status quo. I am a genuine creed fan and i'm sorry if i didn't say what you all WANTED me to say. Oh well, I LOVE AND ADORE SCOTT STAPP, HE'S TOTALLY INNOCENT...........HE'S GOD!!

Then discuss it. Other than the Chicago incident. Give me instances where the man has acted like an arrogant ass. I want you to give me specific appearances or interviews, etc. Don't just say......"I heard", cause we all know that you don't believe what you "hear". Tell me exactly what behavior has caused you to form the opinion that you felt the needed to post here.

I'm waiting...........................
Old 02-09-2004, 12:48 PM   #24
FEREZ1
USER INFO »
I Know

Dogstar, i understand and apologize, but i'm really upset about this. Why don't you all get off your high horses bout this? It's an opinion, and you can understand me gettin upset when people want me banned for giving my point of view, which obviously doesn't count because you all disagree with it.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:52 PM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ferez1, I haven't addressed your opinion specifically, so don't put words in my mouth, please. I addressed the manner in which you presented it.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:52 PM   #26
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Hey...........

Quote: (Originally Posted by FEREZ1) Dogstar, i understand and apologize, but i'm really upset about this. Why don't you all get off your high horses bout this? It's an opinion, and you can understand me gettin upset when people want me banned for giving my point of view, which obviously doesn't count because you all disagree with it.

I'm willing to discuss it...read my post.....and then give me specific examples.....give me the magazine....the concert, the interview, if you have formed an opinion......explain for us why you have formed that opinion....
Old 02-09-2004, 12:55 PM   #27
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I don't personally idolize any of the guys, they are merely just people like everyone else I'd never consider dating any of them either(ducks from flying objects) Of course this is coming from a black girl to
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-09-2004, 01:02 PM   #28
FEREZ1
USER INFO »
ok then,

1) Saying he wishs they could do as much as Pearl Jam have, then saying he could "kick Eddie Veddar's ass!"
2) Blantantly sacking Marshall because he wasn't afraid to say what he felt.(which obviously ain allowed on this message board)
3) Saying that Creed will end when HE feels they can't go any further.
4)He was kicked out of college for marijuana, not to mention aforementioned barroom brawls, being sued for being completely wasted in concert, etc.)
5) He's being sued for his disgraceful Chicago performance, then has the GALL to defend himself! He can't even own up to his mistakes
6) I feel it to be a giant slap in the face of any Christian to openly impersonate Jesus Christ.
7) THE PUNCHING INCIDENT "Some local went up to Scott while he was dancing," says the witness, "and said, 'You should've stuck with Pearl Jam.' So Scott yelled back, 'You wanna disrespect me?' and starts screaming. And the other guy was like, 'You're not a superstar.'" Stapp then punched the other man in the face, giving him a bloody lip and black eye, before the crowd could break them up.
YEAH. NICE GUY.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:06 PM   #29
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by FEREZ1) Dogstar, i understand and apologize, but i'm really upset about this.
Yes ... and you should be! You came here with expectations of all of us just ready to accept your barrage of insults ... both to us AND a member of a band that we all love!
Quote: Why don't you all get off your high horses bout this?
Another example of your condescending, insulting attitude!
Quote: It's an opinion, and you can understand me gettin upset when people want me banned for giving my point of view, which obviously doesn't count because you all disagree with it.
You're OBVIOUSLY not getting it!

I'm sorry ... did you say you were a fan??? WOW!!! Thank God they don't have too many fans like you or they'd really be in trouble!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:18 PM   #30
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: 6) I feel it to be a giant slap in the face of any Christian to openly impersonate Jesus Christ

LMAO! You have completely blown up any credibility you might have had with that statement, but I'll play along.

Re: barroom fights: Simply because someone was in a few brawls and smoked a little weed doesn't make him arrogant. There are plenty of other rock stars who have taken far worse paths of self-destruction both on and off the stage, yet they are revered by fans all over the world: Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley...the list goes one.

Being sued does not make one arrogant. I will agree that I find his responses to the Chicago mess less than admirable. He'd have been better off not saying anything rather than trying to convince people it was performance art.

Can you cite the interviews in which he said HE would stop Creed when they couldn't go any further? I do remember reading something along those lines, but I don't know if said HE or WE.

Also, wasn't it Marshall who said Scott S could kick Vedder's ass in writing music? That's what I thought was the catalyst for his being booted from the band. Didn't Scott offer some sort of apology for Marshall's remarks as well? Again, my memory could be off.

Bottom line is, it's about the music...Worship the music, not the musician. If I decided to be a fan of music based on the personalities of those creating it, I wouldn't have much to listen to.
Closed Thread