++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Fans By City
Today's Posts «

Old 12-30-2002, 02:44 AM   #1
robo74
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Chicago Show --all done

Concert Date Dec 29th at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL

I have been a loyal Creed fan for many years, Bought every album, enjoyed every song.
I had the pleasure of seeing them in Chicago in fall of 99. This year, I have been on a Creed concert streak. Tinley Park, IL Aug, 02, Madison WI, Nov 02..all great shows. Today, I have to regretfully say, I am hurt, disappointed and mad. I just got back from the show in Rosemont, IL. I can’t say Creed in this case because it was Scott. 5 seconds into the first song, people knew something was wrong. And yes there was, he was DRUNK of his ass. Couldn’t sing s song for the life of him, couldn’t walk much. Most of the first half of the show, he was sitting on his ass on the stage. Then he deceided that he would lay down to sing a song. Then, when he was pissed off at what he was doing, he threw the mic, his ear pieces and stormed off stage. He came back with no boots on, just Scott in his socks! Then a bit later, he left again between songs, only to come back with no shirt. He couldn’t sing, he couldn’t do what he does best with his loyal fans. People left after a few songs, people boo’d at Scott. Today, he wasted my time and money, and this will not be forgotten.
Today, I think he lost some fans! Watch the news in the near future, you will see this “show” brought to a lot of peoples attention.

This is not a hate post, but just someone who is unhappy. And I think he needs to know how is fans feel about his behavior!
Old 12-30-2002, 12:58 PM   #2
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
gee that pisses me off

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 12-30-2002, 01:10 PM   #3
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
It does more than piss a person off. It really makes me disappointed. I hope they make it past this. Good luck to you all in PA.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:46 PM   #4
souldancer
USER INFO »
Re: Chicago Show --all done

Quote: Originally posted by robo74
I have been a loyal Creed fan for many years, Bought every album, enjoyed every song.
I had the pleasure of seeing them in Chicago in fall of 99.  This year, I have been on a Creed concert streak.  Tinley Park, IL Aug, 02, Madison WI, Nov 02..all great shows.  Today, I have to regretfully say, I am hurt, disappointed and mad. ...
Today, he wasted my time and money, and this will not be forgotten.  Today, I think he lost some fans!  Watch the news in the near future, you will see this “show” brought to a lot of peoples attention.
OK...I retracted an earlier reply I made to this post, as I skimmed it too quickly. Now, I find I am disgusted/disgruntled....(trying to find the right word) by someone claiming to be a 'loyal' fan for so many years, has one bad concert and then states, "Today, he wasted my time and money, and this will not be forgotten." NOT BE FORGOTTEN? Have you forgotten all the good they have given?! If you have a friend who makes a mistake, who hurts you - is this your response? One bad experience deserves your pulling your 'loyalty' - glad my friends don't treat me that way. I understand you must be greatly disappointed, and agree that the fans should be heard, but...it's not a simple black and white world..it's very gray and complex. I believe in human frailty forgivness, as well as human perserverance and strength which Scott has lived. I am sorry for your unhappiness -
Old 12-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Souldancer is right. One bad concert should not turn away true fans. This constant expectation of perfection from those in the public eye is completely unrealistic. I know that by choosing the life they did, they have a duty to give their paying customers a good show. But hey, have you ever had a less-than-perfect day at work or school? I know I have. Granted, showing up drunk to work isn't a good idea, but his *office* is a little different from the ones we frequent as workers. I, too, would be disappointed with what happened last night, but it doesn't mean I would turn my back on them. The good they have done for me and the friends I have made because of their music far outweigh any bad behavior on Scott's part. The man obviously is in a bad place emotionally and needs our support. Is that how you would treat a friend in trouble? I hope not.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:30 PM   #6
creedfan
USER INFO »
Dogstar, just in case I forget to remind you...

Tomorrow night when you see these guys in Phili, give them 110% support if you can. I am sure coming off this embarassing performance in Chicago has gotten them down somewhat. And if you by any chance see them after the show, tell them that there are alot of people in chicago that still love and respect them and think the world of them, myself being one of those people...instead of letting that performance bring out negativity, i hope they look at it as a door of opportunity for them to come back and show chi-town what creed is all about
Old 12-30-2002, 03:44 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Don't worry, Creedfan, I definitely will be behind them 110 percent. They have given me far too much for me to turn on them. It's the least I can do. I just know how unforgiving Philly can be if things don't go well. You won't hear one boo from me, that's for sure.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:55 PM   #8
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
heh they better maek a fan apreaciation consort

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 12-30-2002, 03:58 PM   #9
creedfan
USER INFO »
Unfortauntly, the worst is yet to come as far a the press goes. Once this leaks out to the media, they are goin to have a field day. I can tell you right now chicago sun times or chicago tribune is going to rip creed up bad.....
Old 12-30-2002, 04:00 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I was checking their web sites today to see if they had anything, but so far, nothing. Someone was saying on another board that the local radio stations were already ripping them pretty bad.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:09 PM   #11
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I have to agree with all of you. As disappointed as I am, I'm loyal. They've done so much for my inner self. But I hope they get past what has happened. I hope it doesn't make PA worse for all the fans there. There is a fan and there is a FAN. And the loyal fans last night in Chicago are truly worried about Creed. It's the typical fans that were there last night that scare me. The ones who do not know what Creed is capable of and made up of. Say a prayer guys. Let Scott get through this and give the other members patience. I'm really scared for them as a band.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:12 PM   #12
creedfan
USER INFO »
The way I look at it, they'll be back and they'll blow the roof off next time!

Altought I stood outside from noon till 6:15pm in 30 degree weather with no chair or no food and then saw that performance as my first creed concert, I can still say I'm still 100% loyal to those guys.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:30 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That's the spirit, Creedfan. I'm right with ya!
Old 12-30-2002, 04:58 PM   #14
creedfan2334
USER INFO »
it seems to me that all the "LOYAL" creed fans are being misunderstood just as robo74...

its true that a concert like last nights will not be forgotten. but just because someone says that doesn't mean they don't like the band anymore. when something like this happens to someone whom you least expect it would happen to, it is very shocking and hard to deal with. and just because someone has bad concert experience and they say they are disgusted with it or say it will never be forgotten should not start a questioning of their loyalty. people can have a bad experience and still be a loyal fan.

i know there are a lot of obsessed creed fans in the country, and the world as well. but its no reason to jump all over someone just because he said he didn't like his experience.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:13 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
No one's jumping on anybody, Creedfan2334. The poster in question said something about people posting *crap* about supposed true fans. We all have a right to our opinions and we're all simply stating them. That's all. We don't all have to agree.