++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-02-2003, 02:21 PM   #16
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
der... you missed my point...

I´m sure Stapp´s situation didn´t affected the rest of the band

I quoted jgaull... he did say creed sucks!
(I addressed my post not to him, but to the rest...)

Of course you can get drunk by accident! Maybe someone mixed alcohol to you coke and you didn´t even notice...
Old 01-02-2003, 02:38 PM   #17
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I meant you paid for Kobe and Shaq, not the others. You didn´t see what you paid.

You wanted to see Creed, not the concert openers... but it was all part of the package...
Old 01-02-2003, 02:40 PM   #18
jgaull
USER INFO »
There's definitely some great points being made. Thanks for all the opinions.

Dogstar,

Some companies are probably pretty lenient about people coming in drunk but I don't think they would trust those people to handle important customer situations again until they've proven themselves. Since Scott has a great reputation and has proven himself for years, I think a simple explanation from him and an apology would suffice in this case (not that this is my decision to make).

Marcos,

Great post about the product scenario. I agree with you there. There is no competitor of Creed that I can go to. If there was such a band (which I don't think will happen any time soon), I think I would switch. It's a good thing for Creed that they are so good.

However, I didn't agree with your Lakers analogy. If I went to that Lakers game as a fan of the Lakers and the two best players got hurt, I wouldn't feel cheated. I would feel bad for Shaq and Kobe and wish they got better soon. On the other hand, if Shaq and Kobe got hurt because both of them were drinking alcohol before the game, I would be disappointed with them just like I am with Scott.

I don't think Scott's getting drunk should be termed an "accident". I was going to go to the Illinois show that got cancelled after Scott's traffic accident. I didn't feel bad that the show was cancelled. I was concerned for Scott's health. I didn't held any contempt. I would have gone to this show but my wife is pregnant and she's due any day now. I think he knew that drinking before the show (even one shot) would cause the show to not be as good ... just like they said in the Behind the Music special. I don't think coming home to my wife drunk and then calling it an "accident" would fly. Too bad!!!

Good point on staying away from Religion. It sounds like we differ there so I'd like to leave it at that.

tru2mine,

I probably would drink more if I was in the spotlight. Hopefully I'd wait until after the concert to start doing so. Also, I don't think that I've been brutal on Scott. I think he will give an apology and when that happens, I'll shut up.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:46 PM   #19
jgaull
USER INFO »
Marcos,

I'm a little confused by one statement:

You know I never said Creed sucks right?
Old 01-02-2003, 02:48 PM   #20
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by jgaull
Does anyone have any opinions on the contents of my post?

My opinions are similar to what DS and N said. I'll probably be repetitive here, but, what the hell as I have refrained from posting much on this, as I was not at the Chicago show, but will add some comments.
I think most of us can agree he was drunk, pretty much a fact. As far as comparing an artist with a salesman, come on...sure there is a professional aspect here, but I place artists and academicians in a very different bracket (and personalities behind the positions), we need to have their creativity, free thinking and feeling in this world of sound bytes, boxes, and social rules - that's what makes us HUMAN! As a Creed Fan, I am sure you can find a wealth of lyrics that speak to the humility, weakness, falling, hope and rising in Scott's messages and passionate presentations.
Re: ‘they can’t perform their best every night’. Did you look at the 2002 tour list? Pretty spectacular - and, NO I would not expect them to perform their best every single night. I don’t compare them to other bands, in terms of the level of energy and interaction they GIVE to their fans… what do you want, some robots - just go watch MTV or VHI, I want what is real – good, bad, ugly – just genuine. I do feel for those that were at Chicago, and I expect and hope there is an Appreciation show for them later on.
Re: Scott representing Creed…Mark, Flip and Brett surely make band as well, but Scott’s role as the Front man singing and the interaction he makes with the crowd places him in a prominent profile - a position that, sure brings more responsibility and branding, but fuck, it also brings huge stress and exposure to perform! Who knows how many times Flip has been drunk (just 'what if' to make a point, don’t want to start a rumor).
Finally, I don't make excuses for Scott - I am not here to judge. I have great respect for him and the others in the band. Their healing music has brought me through some very difficult times. Times where I break down, occasionally get wasted, lash out at in-laws and I have been at an all time low in career productivity. I know what pain feels like and I thank Creed for helping me through it. Life situations can snap our rational, routines and responsibilities and bring us to our knees. I truly believe that honor and compassion is what help people rise up to their best. I expect that the promoters will do something for the Chicago folks, but I certainly don’t think that Scott needs to ‘redeem’ anyone…for ONE humanly, painfully bad night. – when you look at the big picture of all they have so graciously given!
--Dancing on in the Light of Creed!
Old 01-02-2003, 03:15 PM   #21
Weathered
USER INFO »
i agree with pretty much all of you ...not on everything you said...but on some of the things you said...so jgaull ...hope you stay here for a while...welcome to the board
Old 01-02-2003, 03:32 PM   #22
creedfan2334
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
der... you missed my point...

I´m sure Stapp´s situation didn´t affected the rest of the band

Of course you can get drunk by accident! Maybe someone mixed alcohol to you coke and you didn´t even notice...

- if you went to the show, you could tell that mark was having problems at times with his chords and what not cause scott was throwing him off, especially when scott kept leaning on him

- and from what i have heard, drinking a 1/5 of JD doesn't seem like an accident
Old 01-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #23
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by jgaull
Marcos,

I'm a little confused by one statement:

You know I never said Creed sucks right?

I know!!! I was being sarcastic and ironic, not with you, though, but with creedfan! sorry for using you on that reply!
Old 01-02-2003, 03:44 PM   #24
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan2334
[B

- and from what i have heard, drinking a 1/5 of JD doesn't seem like an accident [/b]
First of all, no one has posted any proof that that rumor is true. So until someone who actually saw him down a fifth of JD in person with proof posts, I'm giving Scott the benefit of the doubt there. Also, I have spoken to many many people who are taking pain meds and/or steroids for one reason or another. And from what I've been told by these people who KNOW FIRST HAND, one day you can drink a beer and not be affected at all, the next day you can drink a beer and be completely knocked on your ass. So maybe it was an accident, maybe it wasn't. But this is how rumors get started and it's not fair to start them if you don't have all the facts.

LET ME PLEASE SAY AGAIN THAT I AM SORRY YOU CHICAGO FANS WERE SCREWED OUT OF A GREAT SHOW. WE ARE NOT BASHING YOUR FOR COMING HERE AND VENTING, BUT THIS ISSUE IS GETTING OLD.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-02-2003, 03:46 PM   #25
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
der...

of course getting drunk isn´t an accident... But how many time have you seen Scott drunk in concert? That´s, honestly, the first time I heard about it... Forgive me if I´m wrong.

But due all the bad stuff that happened to Creed this year, including as someone posted that Scott may have lost Jagger´s custody, I´m calling Stapp´s decision (run from the problems through drinking) an accident. You know that isn´t the real stapp. IMO, the real Stapp is the one who wroted Weathered, for example, "But I choose to live, I choose to fight"... Hide "No reason to hide"... Unfortunately, he took the other way. That´s bad call I´m saying it was an accident.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:19 PM   #26
Yvonne
USER INFO »
I agree......I will continue to be a CREED fan, I LOVE CREED!!!

The thing that concerns me the most is not that Scott got drunk, what concerns me is that he didn't care that he was getting drunk before a big concert. Obviously something or someone hurt him and I guess he was not strong enough to deal with it soberly. I don't know about all you perfect people out there, but there have been instances in my life that I've handled very poorly, and if I could go back and change it I would, but I can't, I can only be reminded of my poor judgment in dealing with it.

Scott has the most beautiful voice I've heard in a very long time, the words he sing have touched so many, but I would rather not hear a new song or see another CREED concert if it meant that he was on the road to loosing himself and not making his son Jagger proud of him for being a father.....not for being the lead singer of CREED.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:32 PM   #27
souldancer
USER INFO »
Kind and sensitive points Yvonne. Thank you for expressing them and being here for your support. I agree that I would want what was best for the band as individuals, but I think they just Weathered too much and there were multiple and heavy emotional factors. I admire the selflessness in your words.
Six feet from the edge, but I still believe that Scott has the strength and resources to overcome and move higher.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:35 PM   #28
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ok, ok, ok... maybe that lakers example wasn´t the best one I could give you...
Old 01-02-2003, 05:39 PM   #29
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
wow that was awesome Souldancer so true
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-02-2003, 11:04 PM   #30
franrn
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan2334
some of you people need to go outside your shell and see the big picture here...

no one is trying to say that creed sucks now because of one lousy concert. jgaull put everyone's idea together into the most logical post about the chicago show i have read so far.

and by the way, comparing a rock concert to a lakers game is a bad comparison. in basketball, if one guy goes down, it doesn't affect the rest of the team. sure they might be the stars of the team, but there are other people on the team that can take their place.

when scott stapp goes down, there is NO ONE to replace him.

and also, you can't get drunk by accident.
I totally agree with you It's like comparing apples to oranges.