++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 12-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sasa) They ask why do we sit still? but lets make a defence...We have sinned against God and now we are reaping what we have sown.

Why do we sit still? We look for peace but there is no peace...

"they have set their abominations (Negativity) in the house(temple) which is called by my name, to pollute it."

They know not the judgement (what comes around goes around)..to be ignorant of that is very dangerous, its the same as giving a gun to a toddler and saying go play, but to know it requires much responsiblity...great responsiblity for everyone and the earth.

There is peace...and I am interested to see at what point... how and when it comes about in this book, there must be a turning point somewhere.

Nice thoughts about Meat vs Milk I have always thought of that as spiritual maturity as well.

Reminds me of Edgar Cayces's story...He read the bible front to back 12 times..seeking, seeking..truth...and one day an angel appeared to him...she told him he was ready to receive greater wisdom. His life was never the same after that meeting. He had many healing gifts given to him. One of them was that he could sleep on a book under his pillow and know the entire contents the next morning by page number. Another gift given to him was the ability to heal people in other locations..without ever making physical contact.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Indeed there is peace,there is healing, but there's only One Who's going to bring it.

I would personally wonder just what Edgar Cayce came across, if anything. I can't say I know everything or really a lot about the man. But I know even if there is some validity to the story of his encounter, not everything that claims to be an angel, or at least an angel of God, is that. Satan himself will comedisguised as an angel of light.

II Corinthians 11:13 "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ."

Clearly for these to be false and deceitful they are not apostles of Christ. This is one reason why Christ would say paraphrasing here many would come in His name and to believe them not. There's a lot of people who claim to be not only Christian but to speak to God, for God, have a message from God, or have these gifts, whether it be prophecy, healing, what have you. But does what they say match up with His Word? But what about this transforming themselves?

II Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Now, it amazes me that there are actually some people who read this and believe that Satan is going to be converted. It's actually pretty sad because a child can read from verse 13 to verse 14 and basically reason pretty well that if the people in the previous verse are false and deceitful then it stands to reason Satan is not going to be converted. But even going back to verse 13, what is the definition of an apostle? It is one sent forth by God. Naturally He's not going to send forth fakes, although He will allow them to operate, particularly in this day and age and at the very end during Satan's tribulation. If a person wants to be deceived by not studying God's Word, He will allow that person to be deceived. But also, how can man transform themselves into apostles of Christ? He can't. Man can not save himself. Only Christ can transform one that way.

So then, what is this word transformed in verse 14?The number in the Strong's Greek dictionary is # 3345.

"Metaschematizo, met-ask-ay-met-id-zo; from the Greek #3326, and a derivative of #4976; to transfigure or disguise; fig. to apply (by accommodation): -transfer, or transform (self)." So it is disguised, and naturally in as much as Satan comes disguised as an angel of light, so to do his helpers and children do likewise, whether as fallen angels, or man claiming to be a Christian preacher. So what happens?

II Corinthians 11:15 "Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

It's no great mystery. They all work together in deception, and just as with everyone else they will answer for whatever it is that they do in this life. I don't want to get or didn't mean to get sidetracked on Edgar Cayce, but I would caution anyone from marvelling too much over a man who I fear would lead many astray. I don't judge him, that's up to God. It is in and of itself quite a story. But then so is God's Word.... which does a much better job of providing wisdom, healing, and telling us what's happening and what's going to happen in the world. I would even say that if that's a line by line account that an "angel" showed up to Edgar Cayce (when he was about 13 I believe the story goes) saying he was ready to receive greater wisdom... there is no greater wisdom than what comes out of God's Word. I would say there's also no "new wisdom" for Christ Himself said He's foretold us all things that we need to know in Mark 13:23. So actually, judging by God's Word I would say that Edgar Cayce did not come across an angel if that's the account. I don't want so much to argue and I certainly don't want to get completely off track. I do appreciate the response Sasa.

Jason
Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
Sasa
USER INFO »

I love his words and his story is so very interesting to me personally, the book is called "There is a River" and I loved it.

Your very welcome for the response.

Please continue with your commentary, sorry to get you off subject, Jason.
Just wanted to talk a little.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Jeremiah 8:16 "The snorting of his horses was heard from Dan: the whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of his strong ones; for they are come, and have devoured the land, and all that is in it; the city, and those that dwell therein."

Geographically Dan was the northernmost tribe of the House of Israel in terms of encampment. When the Assyrian invaded and actually took the entire House of Israel into captivity, he came from the north and so it was the tribe of Dan that first came into contact with him. Notice though that it is talking about something that is past even to Jeremiah. This had happened well before Jeremiah's day, about 200 years before. The 10 northern tribes are gone. They were scattered but certainly not lost, but they are no longer present at that location at this time of Jeremiah's day, or even today as far as that goes. So, this is a warning to what could happen to the House of Judah and Benjamin, and even as much as the Assyrian was a type of Antichrist, it's a warning or type for us today. When you depart from doing things God's way, and especially when you would go so far as to provoke him through idolatry, even adultery in the spiritual sense, then that wall of protection even individually in your life just came down. It doesn't mean you can't get back to Him, but you must repent.

Jeremiah 8:17 "For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD."

Anytime you see a reference to serpents and here cockatrices, which means or can be translated adders, you know you're dealing with something of Satan. Now, I made mention in referencing the verses in 2nd Corinthians that God is not going to send forth false apostles. Certainly He is not going to in the sense of sending them to go forth and preach a bunch of lies. However, there is a negative part of God's plan at this time. What is that negative part of His plan?
It goes back to those of that synagogue of Satan in Revelation 2 and 3.

Have you read the parable of the tares in Matthew 13? There's a great mystery in this that goes clear back to the Garden of Eden. It's not very popular and it's another subject in and of itself. But it is certainly the truth. Have you not read in John 8 where Jesus in addressing the Pharisees and others of their ilk where He states they are of their father the devil? A lot of people try to spiritualize it when they really shouldn't since in Matthew 13 in the parable the Greek word for "seed" when it speaks of the sowing of seed is sperma. But be that as it may, Satan has his children and his workers who are those spoken of as well in 2nd Corinithians 11 who claim to be apostles of Christ and are ministers of Satan.

Now let's reason this out. Am I saying that God will allow people who claim to be Christian preachers, ministers and really are in Satan's camp to operate? Yes, He will. Why is that? Well, that's kind of what this whole age is about. This is a time in which God needs to see who He can trust and gives basically each individual the right to decide whether they will love God and follow His way, or choose Satan. If there's someone who wants to rely on the traditions of man and follow a "religion" rather than learn to study God's Word on their own so they can rightly divide it and show themselves approved, so be it. If a person wants to be deceived, then they can be deceived. Well that doesn't sound fair. No, it's very fair. God wrote this letter to be received and to be read. If someone doesn't care, God has a lot of patience. He loves His children. He really does. But He likes to have that love returned enough to where people actually care about what He has to say... not what some man says, but what He says. So therefore, if people want to listen to man because what they say sounds fancy and tickles their ears, then, if it actually comes from Satan, then sad as it is to say, they can follow him right down his path. Until that is they decide that they care enough to listen to what God has to say. Then they're just fine. But God said He would send them and He certainly did. The Pharisees and religious leaders during the time that Christ was here, many of them right out of this synagouge of Satan. You've got to listen to God and study His Word.

Jeremiah 8:18 "When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me."

This is Jeremiah speaking and he's grief stricken over this. These are his people, going in the wrong direction. A true man or woman of God can't help but feel this way when they see people just absolutely wrapped up and in total bondage to sin, deception, whatever the case may be.

Jeremiah 8:19 "Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked Me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?"

Even in your everyday life God will not forsake you but you can certainly forsake Him. Again, turning to anything other than God is to your own hurt. Don't listen to man's traditions and religious doctrine unless it matches up to God's Word. When Antichrist is here then indeed it is not the LORD in Zion but a fake. Worshipping that fake will provoke God to anger. Don't let that happen.

Jeremiah 8:20 "The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved."

Harvest biblically is of course the time of the end. Again going back to the parable of the tares in Matthew 13:39 the harvest is the end of the world. If you make it past the harvest when the wheat and the tares are separated and you're not saved, you're in a heap of hurt. You're basically chaff. How am I saved? You read this Word. You follow Jeremiah 7:23 and obey His voice and walk in His ways so that it will be well unto you. You stand up for what is right in this world and according to God's law and you don't concern yourself with whether or not man approves of it. Man's not the one doing the harvesting, God is. Most of all you love Him. You know reading and going through this, as sasa indicated it's bad. For some it is. But for those who love God, who do walk in His ways, it isn't. Even when God went so far as to divorce Israel in the third chapter of this book, He still is willing to take her back. It is not His will that anyone should perish, but that all repent. They won't, but that's what He wants. He took on the sentence that when you think about it you deserve. Why? Because He loves you, and so that you could have that relationship with Him, so that you could come right up figuratively to the holy of holies and come straight to His throne.

Jeremiah 8:21 "For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me."

Jeremiah is saying, I mourn for my people. Again, a man or a woman of God should feel this way when they see people who love the Lord used and abused and deceived, by people claiming to be apostles or ministers of Christ.

Jeremiah 8:22 "Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?"

Well there is a physician and there is healing. There will be a time when Jesus Christ is here for 1,000 years during the Millenium in which people who through false teachings and through being deceived by supposed Christian preachers will maybe be healed when taught real truth and discipline. Then when Satan and those who would follow him are finally done away with and we get to the last two chapters of Revelation then there will be healing. What a time that will be. Make sure you're part of it.

Jason
Old 12-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #19
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sasa) I love his words and his story is so very interesting to me personally, the book is called "There is a River" and I loved it.

Your very welcome for the response.

Please continue with your commentary, sorry to get you off subject, Jason.
Just wanted to talk a little.

No problem Sasa. I obviously am not as intrigued by him and my words of caution do stand toward anyone, not just you. But we all make our own way and path, and interesting reading can be, well, interesting.

On to chapter 9 now. I will say that in regards to Sasa's comments this book certainly can be a "downer" for some perhaps. There's a reason why Jeremiah also had a book called Lamentations right after this one. But again, there is an answer and a way out.Again, I keep going back to Jeremiah 7:23, which is becoming one of my favorite verses. In the midst of all the negative in this same book what does it say? "Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be My people, and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Or even in Chapter 3, the very chapter where God wrote Israel a bill of divorce. 10 of the 12 tribes of His "chosen people" He divorced. But what does He say starting in verse 12 of that Chapter? "Return thou backsliding Israel and I will not cause Mine anger to fall upon you. I mean He divorced them and they were married to another spiritually speaking. Hebrew law and customs said that in the fleshly literal sense a man would not take his wife back under those circumstances. God is going to. He even says in the midst of all the false teachers and false churches in this book in 3:15 that He will give them pastors according to His heart and in verse 23 of that third chapter which is also very beautiful, and it reads.
Jeremiah 3:23 "Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel."

Friends, that salvation of course is not just for Israel. It's for whomsoever will. You can't find your own way or work out your own way to salvation. He paid that price, because He was worthy and we're not. He of course being Jesus Christ. But the amazing thing is He thought you were worthy enough to die for. But you can try any "religion" you want, you can pray to some old pile of wood or your car if you want to. You'd probably look a little funny doing so. But the point is there's only place only in one individual in which you'll find salvation and peace of mind, and that's in Jesus Christ.

I wanted to start out with something positive because Chapter 9 is going to be pretty negative. But again, the anger, the disappointment, the wrath if you will, it's only if you're not doing things God's Way. And even if you're not, it's still not too late to get back to doing it His way at this time. So okay, on to Chapter 9.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #20
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Jeremiah 9:1 "Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!"

This is Jeremiah and he's weeping for his people. Again kind of a continuation here of the end of Chapter 8. When a person who is a Christian sees his or her people hurting, whether it's literal physical death and abuse, or being deceived and spiritually slain, it hurts. When one who is a Christian looks even at what goes on in this nation of America today and sees not only the physical and literal criminal acts but the moral degradation, it almost would cause one to weep day and night if they were unaware that it will be corrected by God. But even with that, it's still hurtful.

Jeremiah 9:2 "Oh that I had in the wilderness a lodging place of wayfaring men; that I might leave my people, and go from them! for they be all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men."
What Jeremiah is saying here actually is if I could just find some far off place to escape to, I would leave. I would leave my own people. That's pretty strong, but for some they can get to that point. When one looks around at the wickedness around them and feels that no one cares or no one can or will do anything, they can get pretty upset. Sometimes, and maybe more the case in Jeremiah's case, they feel like they have to leave to keep from losing their mind.

Jeremiah 9:3 "And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD."

I look at this almost like they practice or train themselves to do evil and to lie and become quite skilled in it. This is just a personal observation obviously so it should be taken as such. But, when an archer, whether in sport and competition or at this time in military combat, to become skilled it takes effort and practice. The word bend of course can be translated as prepare, because an archer does bend his bow to kind of load it with an arrow. Then when he lets go, that arrow is moving at pretty good speed toward its target. That's the comparison here with these people and their lies.
Jeremiah 9:4 "Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders."

Boy can we see this today or what? Whether it's in the workplace, in the community, sometimes unfortunately maybe even in some families there is just not much trust. People are concerned about me, me,me, and they will say whatever they can for their own benefit. If it's a lie, they really don't care as long as people believe it. There will come a time as foretold by Jesus Himself in which certainly some will not be able to trust their brother.

Mark 13:12 "Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death."

I agree with the teaching that this is spiritual. This is at the time when Satan is here operating as Antichrist. This is a time that Satan is going to have most of the world believing he is Jesus. So, when a deceived brother, father, or child takes their loved one to Satan because they are concerned for their soul and salvation, then in essence they're delivering them up to death, which is to say Satan. Documentation for that is Hebrews 2:14. But certainly at that time we can expect it and today we can expect to be betrayed for more malicious reasons.

Jeremiah 9:5 "And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity."
This kind of almost documents my observation. What does that say? They have TAUGHT their tongue to speak lies. They've practiced it to almost you might say make it an art form in some cases. They work at it day and night almost wearing themselves out to do that which is wrong. To spread falsehoods and tear people down. Is it any wonder why Jeremiah would want to get away from this crowd? We still have them today without a doubt.
Jeremiah 9:6 "Thine habitation is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know me, saith the LORD."

Your habitation is getting right there in your back yard where you live. Notice God is speaking to Jeremiah here and these people would rather deceive and be deceived than to know God. They would rather listen to and pass along a lie than actually study God's truth for themselves. Now we kind of get back to churches a little bit. Again, not coming down on churches, but how many of them simply pass down what was taught to them, and then the next person passes it down and the next one passes it down and on and on? "Well, my pastor or teacher at seminary taught me that I wanted to be the first one taken from the field because I'm going to fly away. So, they've been doing this longer than me so I guess I'm going to fly away like a little bird." I mean unfortunately it's an easy trap to fall into. But unfortunately as well it is a trap. A trap in many cases set out of ignorance, but one that is deadly and shameful to get caught in.

Jeremiah 9:7 "Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will melt them, and try them; for how shall I do for the daughter of my people?"

This is the second time in this book that God says he will do something like this. Now, He's not saying He's going to melt them in hell necessarily. He also mentions this at the end of the 6th Chapter of Jeremiah. But this is an analogy like the process of smelting gold and silver. When gold or silver is refined it is put through a furnace basically or melted down to remove any impurities that may be present from when it was pulled from the earth. When God says He's going to do this He's basically saying He's going to test them out and refine them to see if there's anything good there. If there is, then there just may be some hope for them. If there isn't then they're not in too good of shape.

Jeremiah 9:8 "Their tongue is as an arrow shot out; it speaketh deceit: one speaketh peaceably to his neighbour with his mouth, but in heart he layeth his wait."

Now when you see the phrase lying in wait or layeth his wait, this is one of God's prerequisites if you will for determining a murder. If there's an accidental killing or even a "crime of passion" in which tempers flare all of a sudden or emotions become such that someone lashes out and kills someone, that's not a murder. A murder involves lying in wait. In other words to plan something out in advance. So we're talking about murder here. Now, in as much as the subject matter is deceit, we're kind of talking about a spiritual murder here. Although certainly it can apply to in the literal sense where a person acts pleasant toward his neighbor and is plotting inwardly to do him in. But whichever way you wish to look at it, we're not dealing with too nice of a crowd here.

Jeremiah 9:9 "Shall I not visit them for these things? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?"

Naturally the answer to both of these questions is yes. Again the phrase the daughter of my people has been used by both Jeremiah and by God Himself in this chapter. God does not like when someone murders one of His children. He especially doesn't like when through deception they actually participate in the murder of that child's soul. Now, don't get too skittish over the phrase the murder of a soul, because what man kills spiritually God can restore to life with the actual truth. But He certainly does not like to see His children deceived... especially by those who claim, "well I come in the name of Jesus". He does not like it at all, and they will answer for it UNLESS they repent themselves. But I certainly would not want to be in their shoes.

Jason
Old 12-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #21
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Jeremiah 9:10 "For the mountains will I take up a weeping and wailing, and for the habitations of the wilderness a lamentation, because they are burned up, so that none can pass through them; neither can men hear the voice of the cattle; both the fowl of the heavens and the beast are fled; they are gone."

Now it is interesting that the word habitations here refer to pastures in the Hebrew. Now God is not going to burn up cow pastures over this for they are innocent creatures that have nothing to do with this. Symbolically who are the sheep who would graze in a pasture? Naturally they are God's people who come to be fed. Who does the feeding, or is supposed to? Obviously the shepherd. Now again the whole subject matter here has been lies and deceit. If the food is burned up, how much truth do you think is out there? Not much. This is why as it states in Amos 8:11 that the famine for the end times is not for bread or water but for hearing the Word of God. Then in verse 12 in that same chapter it says man shall run to and fro to find the Word of Lord and not find it. So, guess what's truly happening here. The beautiful and spiritually sustaining truth in God's Word has been burned up in these once lush pastures by all the lies and traditions that these false shepherds have thrown out there. Now they're not going to hear the cattle and the fowl of the heavens and the beast are fled for what reason? Nothing there to eat. If you are a pastor and you have a lot of empty space in your church pews, you might want to try feeding your flock the meat from the Word of God. Otherwise they will go elsewhere. Really, who could blame them?

Checking out real quick. Take care and God bless,

Jason
Old 12-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #22
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Jeremiah 9:11 "And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant."

[color="Blue"]God is very good to us and it's important that we catch the clues. This refers to the time that Antichrist is here, which of course has not occurred yet. Who is the Dragon biblically speaking? Naturally, as it says in Revelation, it is Satan.
Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Naturally in as much as when Satan comes and is cast out, He's going to the temple claiming to be God. I don't want to get too far off track here, but I do want to go to 2nd Thessalonians. This by the way is a chapter that pretty much smashes the rapture theory to pieces. But, that's another subject. But I'm going to the 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2. The first 2 verses Paul basically says "I don't want you to be confused about when we gather back to Christ" He then outlines what must happen first

II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come [it will not be], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

What's that say at the outset? Let NO MAN deceive you. What have we been talking about? Deception. Why would it be that Christ Himself would say that when someone would say "lo here is Christ" in Matthew 24 that He said don't believe that person? Because that "Christ" is a fake! The son of perdition is the son who perishes. There's a lot of people who try to say this was Judas Iscariot. Judas gets his sentence, whatever that may be, the same time the rest of us do. It's very important that we not judge Judas or anyone else, because I believe Judas repented. He took those 30 pieces of silver and threw them down before the chief priests. For all we know, he may be in good standing now with our Father. No, the son of perdition is none other than Satan, in as much as he's already been sentenced to perish by our Father in Ezekiel 28. So again, I don't want to get off subject but I do want to add that Paul is stating here that there is no gathering back to Christ until there is a falling away *APOSTASY* and that Satan be revealed.

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

This is the time that Jerusalem is going to be a den of dragons, because the Dragon himself in Satan will be there... along with his fallen angels. The cities of Judah will be desolate at this time because, as stated in Daniel he's also the abomination that causes desolation, in Daniel 8:13 and also 9:27, and referred to by Christ in Matthew 24 and Mark 13. So our timing is very specific. It can only refer to one time, that being the time of Antichrist's tribulation.

Jeremiah 9:12 "Who is the wise man, that may understand this? and who is he to whom the mouth of the LORD hath spoken, that he may declare it, for what the land perisheth and is burned up like a wilderness, that none passeth through?"

I don't know, do you understand this? Do you work at it so that you can understand it? Again, do you know where true wisdom starts? Proverbs 1:7 the fear, better translated reverence of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Do you revere Him? Do you love Him? I hope so, because He sure loves you. Even in the midst of these harsh sentences and troubled times in this book and in the world today, if you're at least honestly trying to serve Him and understand His will in your life, then He's not angry at you. He wants to bless His children, not hurt them. He's going to explain who He is angry with and why these pastures are burned up, so pay attention.
Jeremiah 9:13 "And the LORD saith, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein;"

A direct contradiction or violation of Jeremiah 7:23.

Jeremiah 7:23 "But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you."

Jeremiah 7:24 "But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward."

Friends, you will always go backward in your life instead of forward when you're doing things contrary to God's law and direction even in your personal life. Does it seem that no matter what you do in life you just can't get ahead, and I'm not talking necessarily financially or just financially. I'm talking about everything. But it's hard to serve God, I mess up! Join the club. You know how many times I've messed up? I've messed up maybe bigger and worse than many of you. He's not expecting you to be perfect. He's expecting you to care and to try, and that when you fall short you repent. Then guess what? Boom, clean slate.... it's as if it never happened and in His eyes you are perfect. Friends, the blessings of God are so enormous, and His love for you and what He sacrificed for you, it's worth it to go after them. But you do have to meet the conditions. The first condition is that you love Him. Because if you really do love Him you don't want to disappoint or hurt Him. It's the same as when you love someone else in your life, be it mother, brother, husband or wife. You don't want to hurt or disappoint them.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #23
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Jeremiah 9:14 "But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them:"

Again almost an exact duplicate of Jeremiah 7:24. Instead of obeying God's voice and walking in His way, they went their own way and went with their own man made religion. You can believe anything you want in this world. If you want to go worship an oak tree, go worship an oak tree. That oak tree isn't going to be able to do one thing to help you or bless you, but if that's your thing go for it. But don't try to pass it off as God's Word and teach it to children who honestly want to serve Him when it came from your imagination and your man made traditions.

Jeremiah 9:15 "Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will feed them, even this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink."

We know from Chapter 8 this water of gall is poisonous water that actually came from the poppy plant. But what is this wormwood? Where else is this word mentioned in God's Word? The word means bitterness or even poisoning. So let's go to Revelation Chapter 8. What God is basically saying is if they would rather dream up things on their own and have a nice little religion that has nothing to do with Him or His Word and try to pass it off as such then they may not like the taste of things.

Revelation 8:10 "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;"

Revelation 8:11 "And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter."

Now, this isn't a literal poisoning of the rivers and it's not a physical death. One must understand the symbology in Revelation and what the subject matter is. Stars in the book of Revelation are symbolic of God's children. When this star falls from heaven, this is none other than Satan when Michael boots him out. What did Jesus himself say in Luke 10:18? I beheld Satan fall as lightning from heaven. This star of Wormwood is Satan. To get the subject in this instance let's go to Jeremiah since we are studying in Jeremiah and since this is where God said, "I'll give them wormwood and water of gall." What's the subject here? Doctrine.... or religion.... good and bad spiritual food. So then, what we have is a very bitter religious doctrine if you will that will kill many people spiritually. So if anyone says, the rivers are going to be polluted and people won't have anything to drink at this time, they miss the boat completely. It is bitter doctrine that when taken in will kill a soul. So actually it's much worse. That's why it's important to obey His voice, walk in His ways, and study His Word, and it will be well unto you. You won't partake of this wormwood. Not because you're going to be gone. But because you won't want that bitter posionous doctrine, when you've got the fountain of living waters in Jesus Christ and His Word that sustains throughout the eternity.

Jeremiah 9:16 "I will scatter them also among the heathen, whom neither they nor their fathers have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them."

This has already occurred in a large part. When the Assyrian took the 10 Northern tribes or the House of Israel captive, the people of those 10 tribes were scattered throughout what today we basically refer to as the Christian nations, with obviously one of those nations being America. We refer to many of these people today as Caucasian and it is a reference to their skin color or ethnicity. In actuality, it refers to their passing through the Caucusas Mountain range in their journey.

It is fascinating to see in this country at various spots engravings and etchings in the stones and in the earth that are in Ancient Hebrew. The Bat Creek Stone in Tennesse that was pulled out of a burial mound that had a Paleo-Hebrew inscription that reads "For Judea". How did it wind up in Tennessee? The Los Lunas Decalogue Stone in New Mexico that had the Ten Commandments engraved in it. Who did that? Where did it come from? Another decalogue stone found in 1860 engraved with the Ten Commandments in post-exilic Hebrew, found in a burial mound in Newark, Ohio.

The Keystone found at the same location with these inscriptions:
Qedosh Qedoshim, "Holy of Holies"
Melek Eretz, "King of the Earth"
Torath YHWH, "The Law of God"
Devor YHWH, "The Word of God"

Even the coronation stone in England and Scotland, sometimes called the Stone of Scone or Stone of Destiny, which is the very stone Jacob laid his head on, Jacob's Pillar, carried throughout the years by these people and winding up as a stone of coronation for monarchs in Scotland and England. How is that? Though they have been scattered and maybe lost their own way and down through the generations forgotten who they are, their ancestors certainly have left their mark!

Jason
Old 12-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #24
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Okay, good morning to everyone. Picking up on Jeremiah 9:16 and the thought that God will send a sword after these people He's scattered, does that mean all the people? No! Again we have to look at context and who He's angry at. Who He is angry at is those who as it says in verses 13 and 14 have forsaken His law and obeyed not His voice but decided to dream up their own religion and even perhaps their own god(s). In as much as the House of Israel and the House of Judah will be joined backed together in the Millenium and in the eternity, obviously this is not directed toward all these people. Now, does that sound tough on those it is directed at? Yes it does. But you must understand that God does not like it when people allow themselves to becomed tied up in tradition and deception and falsehoods and think that it will save them when the Saviour has His outstretching arms to them and all they have to do is obey His voice and they will be blessed. He especially doesn't like it when teachers, professed teachers, lead people into falsehood. But it's interesting this word sword even.

brx chereb, kheh'-reb; from 02717; drought; also a cutting instrument (from its destructive effect), as a knife, sword, or other sharp implement:--axe, dagger, knife, mattock, sword, tool.

That word drought stands out, but the word comes from another Hebrew word. Let's take a look at that one.

brx charab, khaw-rab'; or chareb {khaw-rabe'}; a primitive root; to parch (through drought) i.e. (by analogy,) to desolate, destroy, kill:-- decay, (be) desolate, destroy(-er), (be) dry (up), slay, × surely, (lay, lie, make) waste.

Who is the desolator and destroyer? Naturally, as we should have already talked about going back to Daniel 8 and most specifically Daniel 11:31 it is the Antichrist, i.e. Satan. So, if these people want falsehood they will get as much and more than they can handle through Satan's lies. That's the sword God will use to consume them. But even with that he can only do as much as God will allow. Now, let's try to finish up this chapter.

Jeremiah 9:17 "Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Consider ye, and call for the mourning women, that they may come; and send for cunning women, that they may come:"

At the time of this writing they actually had women who this was kind of their business. They were "professional mourners". The word cunning does not necessarily mean anything negative. It actually can mean wise and even teaching wisdom, but it basically means women who are skilled at this craft of professional mourning. Why? It's going to be bad for these people. These are Jeremiah's people. These are our people. So it's going to be a time of mourning for some or over some to be sure.

Jeremiah 9:18 "And let them make haste, and take up a wailing for us, that our eyes may run down with tears, and our eyelids gush out with waters."

Why is this such a time of mourning? Go back to verse 16 and this "sword" that God is going to send after these people to consume them. It's not a physical death. It's actually much worse. Satan is going to come as Antichrist pretending to be Jesus, and these people are so wrapped up in traditions and their own imaginations instead of studying, learning, and teaching the Word of God so that they would know he's a fake, and so they're not only not going to know he's a fake, they're going to worship him! It will be a very sad time for these people.

Jeremiah 9:19 "For a voice of wailing is heard out of Zion, How are we spoiled! we are greatly confounded, because we have forsaken the land, because our dwellings have cast us out."

Zion of course being Jerusalem, but what is on Mount Zion? Mount Zion is the temple mount. This wailing is coming straight out of the churches. Why would there be a wailing and shame in the churches? What they taught lead people straight into Satan's camp when he comes as Antichrist. Again, it's very important that you study truth, learn truth, and teach it. Teach it from where? You teach from God's Word. If you truly do that, you're not going to be ashamed. But if you teach man's traditions you most certainly will be.

Jeremiah 9:20 "Yet hear the word of the LORD, O ye women, and let your ear receive the word of His mouth, and teach your daughters wailing, and every one her neighbour lamentation."

When God calls something to our attention or to someone's attention. This is actually kind of directed to these "cunning women". Let me ask, do you hear the Word? More importantly, do you let your ear receive it? Do you meditate over it? If you do, then you are a wise person, because you revere our Father. (Proverbs 1:7). At the same time, you do mourn for those who are deceived. You want to pull them out of the fire, figuratively speaking, and maybe almost literally speaking. Because guess what... chances are if someone makes the effort to go to church on a regular basis, they really do want to learn and really do love God.

Jeremiah 9:21 "For death is come up into our windows, and is entered into our palaces, to cut off the children from without, and the young men from the streets."

Death again is one of Satan's names and roles. His message, his lies, when received, will indeed cut off children, young men, and everyone off from eternal life. So, how do you cut him off? Again you study God's Word, you obey His voice, and you exercise the power that God gave you over him and all his little followers.

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luke 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Now the way many are going to really sting him will be when they are delivered up to actually testify against him and they allow the Holy Spirit to speak through them. At that time they are going to shake him to his core, because what God says through them not even the gainsayers will be able to rebut (Luke 21:15). What a time that will be. Okay, I'll complete the chapter in the next post.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #25
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Jeremiah 9:22 "Speak, Thus saith the LORD, Even the carcases of men shall fall as dung upon the open field, and as the handful after the harvestman, and none shall gather them."

Now keep in mind that again this is spiritual. We're still on the subject matter here of deception and death in the spiritual sense. That "sword" that cuts them to pieces is not a physical sword but the lies of Satan that will carve up a soul. This is why putting on the gospel armor is so very important. What is this gospel armor? Let's go to Ephesians quickly and find out.

Ephesians 6:11 "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

This is why you want to put it on. Satan is a supernatural entity and he's going to deceive many. But there are some who will not put up with him and will not be deceived by him. But you've got to be covered and well protected with these items.

Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

This is an important verse to take note of. I'm not saying memorize it, make a religion out of it, or go off on some fanatical tangent off of one verse. But it is important to realize that we are in a spiritual war. It's not a physical war with guns and bombs, but a war of ideas. Quite frankly, there's no middle ground or neutral ground in this war. If you say you're neutral, then you're actually on the wrong side. I'm not saying you're evil, you're going to hell, or anything of the sort. I'm saying there's two sides... God's side or Satan's. If you stand up in whatever way suits you for what is right according to God and this Word then you're on His side. If you think the other ideas sound better or just don't care either way then you're on the other side, which is to say Satan's. Again, I'm not judging anyone here, just stating facts. But when you see a nation or government do things that seem downright evil, devilish if you will, well they could very well be. We are fortunate to live in a country, those who do, where we have both freedom of religion and a Christian majority. We've been blessed by putting our trust in God. Not everyone has that luxury. Yet even in this nation we have allowed evil and contrary ideas to creep in. Contrary to what exactly? The Word and law of God. I'm not going to get too political, but we've legalized abortion, we've kicked prayer out of school, by law, though no one can truly stop someone from praying in school. We've started to allow gay marriage in some states. Just recently we had our lovely elected Senate vote 93-7 in favor of a bill that among other things lifts the military ban on sodomy and beastiality. We also found that our President wants to kind of make America almost an asylum or safe haven for LGBT people and kind of encourage other countries to follow suit. Where do you think those ideas come from? People do evil on their own, but they do get a little push in that direction without a doubt.

Ephesians 6:13 "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God that ye may be able to with stand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

When is the evil day? Naturally the most evil day or time period imaginable would be when Satan is here pretending to be Jesus. That's the time you really want to have the gospel armor on.

Ephesians 6:14 "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;"

Your girt is your belt. Quite honestly, girting yourself up with truth will keep your pants from falling down spiritually speaking and getting confounded, which is to say embarrassed or ashamed. When you have the truth, you will not be one of those praying for mountains to fall on top of you at Christ's return, because you knew the truth that Satan was a fake and wanted nothing to do with him.

Your breastplate of righteousness comes from obeying God's voice and protecting your Christian name and character. No one is perfect, but if you work at doing things the right way and stand up for God and His Word and speak out against those principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places then God counts you as pretty righteous.

Ephesians 6:15 "And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;"

Your feet obviously are what you move around on. There will be many again as it written in Daniel and even in Jeremiah who cry peace, peace when there is no peace. So, what is the preparation of the gospel of peace? It is knowing God's basic plan and timeframe of events and operating within that plan and timeframe. You will not be harvested out of season for you know that the false Christ comes first and you know that you will stand against him and not run to him.

Ephesians 6:16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked."

That is so important even today beloved. Satan will do a number on you in your life if you allow him to. You must keep the faith in God in knowing that no matter what he does, Satan is a dead man walking, and just as God told Jeremiah in the last verse of the first chapter, even though they would fight against Jeremiah they would not prevail because God was with him and would deliver him. You need to have the faith that if it would come down to it you would go into a firey furnace and risk your flesh life before you would bow to falsehood, as Shadrach,Mesach, and Abednego did in Daniel 3. It won't come to that, but you have to have that level of faith. You know what happened there, I hope. Nebuchadnezzar threw them in that furnace, tying them up even, heated it 7 times hotter. Yet he threw 3 Hebrew people in there and saw a 4th that he said was like the Son of God. They pulled those 3 out and their clothing was not even singed. There wasn't even the smell of fire or smoke on them. God takes care of His own friends.

Ephesians 6:17 "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"

Your head is the most vulnerable part of your body, so you want that helmet, that covering of salvation. You also want to be sealed in your head, in your mind with God's truth. But you want to lean on and hold on to your salvation in Christ, and you fight back with what, a metal sword? No, you fight back with the Word of God, that spiritual two edged sword that cuts right through Satan's lies, so that he can't decieve you and so you can cut him to pieces rather than the other way around. Friends, we have the victory! But you have to know what to take into battle.

Jeremiah 9:23 "Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:"

Again I can't help but think back to Luke 10:20 when it says what not to rejoice in or glory in since I brought it up. It's not a perfect comparison at all, but the point made there was rejoice not that the spirits were made subject unto you but that your names were written in heaven. Here we have instructions not to glory in wisdom, might, or riches. None of these things in and of themselves are bad, but if you put them before God they are, or even if you actually obtained them through God's blessings and tried to take the credit yourself then too they can become bad. But what we glory in is in the next verse.

Jeremiah 9:24 "But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD."

This too is something that one can truly glory in. When there is a child who truly seeks to understand and know our Father, that gives Him great pleasure. He does exercise lovingkindness, which is to say favor to the unworthy and judgment, which is to say justice to the oppressed. But to know and understand Him is indeed something to boast about. Not on your own account but to boast of Him and that you're a part of His family.

Jeremiah 9:25 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised;"

This leaves a little to be desired on the surface but it's explained in the next verse.

Jeremiah 9:26 "Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in the heart."
What this is referring to is although the people of Israel might be circumcised in the physical sense inwardly in their minds they are not circumcised. Circumcision is no longer of the flesh but it's of the heart(mind). It's saying you might follow doctrine and play the part of a legalist, but inwardly you do not honor God or truly love Him. You don't listen to or obey His voice. You have your doctrine, you have your traditions and you look all nice and religious. But on the inside and in terms of what you teach and believe, it does nothing to honor our Father. So therefore the people who fall into that boat, they will be grouped right with those who know nothing of God and don't care. Which is sad because God does delight in showing that lovingkindness to His children. But you have to seek Him. You honestly seek Him and seek out His truth and you'll find it. So do that won't, you, and be blessed.

God bless,

Jason

Old 12-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #26
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Good day and an early Merry Christmas to you. I hope as we are at this time of year that all of you are healthy, happy, and enjoy a joyous and blessed holiday season with all your loved ones. I want to take a moment and recognize and in some say send along my "God blesses" to the people who have stood in Henderson, Texas in defense of a Christmas nativity display that some atheist group wants removed. Thousands of people standing, literally standing in support of this nativity scene. What courage and conviction, faith, and love these people have.

Okay then, we come to Jeremiah Chapter 10. Chapter 10 is kind of an interesting chapter in that it's not so much prophetic, though there is prophecy and future events in it. But it's really more of a statement chapter against idolatry and kind of the pointless nature of it. It holds true today even. You can not look to some "made up god" or religion to save you. Notice I said made up god. There is of course a God. He's not hard to find either. But if you go running after a bunch of nonsense, you can run after it all you want. But it's not going to help you and it certainly won't bless you or give you eternal life. So, here we go Jeremiah Chapter 10.

Jeremiah 10:1 "Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

This tells us who this is addressed to. There is still a House of Israel today. But if you prefer to make it relevant today, even though the House of Israel is probably more relevant to many of you than you realize, just focus in on Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh. We all need to pay attention to it, House of Israel or Gentile today. It matters not because if you believe in Yeshua Messiah, than you want to pay attention.

Jeremiah 10:2 "Thus saith the Lord, `Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them."

Even today, don't get off into other people's traditions. If you really do love the Lord then He wants to bless you, but it's hard for Him to do that if you go after some other religion or neat little doctrine someone has. God told us what He expects out of us in His word and there's nothing new under the sun. The heathen, especially at that time marveled at and worshipped the heavenly bodies, such as the sun and moon. Friends, these are created things. Why worship creation when we can know the Creator and when He loves you and can help you? There are signs in the sky, and God has even written His Word in the stars. But don't get shook up by that or make that your religion. Read and study this Word, follow it, and obey His voice and you'll do just fine.
Jeremiah 10:3 "For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe."

What this is leading up to is someone cutting down a tree and carving the wood to make an idol. This is what God is saying don't have anything to do with. It has nothing to do with lumber workers or Christmas trees or anything. We will get to it as we move along in the chapter.

Jeremiah 10:4 "They deck it with silver and with gold they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."

Think about this and picture it in your mind. These heathen take a tree out of the forest and carve up the wood to make it look like whatever god they want to create. They lay it out real pretty with silver and gold. The Hebrew for move is stumble. Hebrew word 6328 in a Strong's Concordance.
Original Word: פִּיק
Transliteration: puq
Phonetic Spelling: (pook)
A primitive root; to waver -- stumble, move.

I mean, they create these idols and they have to fasten them down with hammer and nails so they don't tip over. Is that something you would want to worship? Even today, people don't necessarily carve out idols, but they do carve out doctrine that won't stand on its own two feet figuratively. You can either accept it because it sounds so spiritual, or you can test it to see if it has any legs to stand on. If it doesn't, let it fall and stick with what will not waver, what can not be moved in God's true word.

Jeremiah 10:5 "They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good

I mean these idols or "gods" can't talk, they need to be secured or else they'll tip over, and to be transported you have to pick them up and carry them. They can't do evil or good, why not? They're not real, they're not living. God though is living, and He's the God of the living, and not the dead. People, both these heathen, and unfortunately Christians at times need to have something they can see to keep their focus where it needs to be. But what good are these things? They're a hunk of wood, they can't do anything! So let me ask you today, what do you put your faith in? Who or what do you give your time to? I'm not talking about all your time. But do you make time for God? Have you told Him you loved Him lately? Or do you put your hopes and devotion in created or imaginary things? If you do, how are things going for you? Your Father is the one who loves you and can help you.

Jeremiah 10:6 "Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.

You know, I can't help but think of an occasion in the bible where one of these little idols, these little hunks of wood or metal couldn't stand before the One True God. The Philistines had actually captured the Ark of the Covenant. How did something like that happen? Well there were some pretty wicked priests in Hophni and Phineas and their father Eli wasn't too successful at correcting them. So God did His own correcting. But here the Philistines had the Ark, and they set it in their temple to their little fish god Dagon. What happened to Dagon?

I Samuel 5:2 "When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon."

I Samuel 5:3 "And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the Lord. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again."

Their little pretend god and their idol had fallen from its perch and was bowing face first before God. Do you think maybe that's a sign?

I Samuel 5:4 "And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the Lord; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him.

So they set old Dagon up again figuring probably it was just an accident or coincidence. Then the next morning there Dagon is again bowing before the mercy seat of God but his head and his hands were cut off. That's probably not much of a coincidence.

I Samuel 5:5 "Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day."

Needless to say even these heathen Philistines recognized the fact that their little fish god couldn't stand before the True God. It wouldn't be too much longer that they would want to give the Ark back to the people of Israel. God has a way of making a point to people who want to put their hope and faith in meaningless created things.

Jason
Old 12-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #27
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Jeremiah 10:7 "Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee."

So it is true. There are no false little gods who can compare nor are there any wise men who can. The word fear can also mean revere. But He is the king of all the nations and on that first day of the Millenium every knee of very nation shall bow before him. Actually this is documented in more than one place but most relevantly here in Revelation Chapter 15.

Revelation 15:3 And they sing the song of Mo'-ses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints."

The Song of Moses, written in Deuteronomy 32, is the song that those who overcome Satan and who are not deceived by him will be singing. This is part of that song.

Revelation 15:4 "Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest."

So there it is. How many nations shall come and worship before Christ? ALL nations will do so. It's going to be quite a time, 1,000 years of peace, learning, and discipline. We'll head back to Jeremiah again.

Jeremiah 10:8 "But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities

What we have here in this chapter is kind of a comparison and contrast between God and these little idols. This verse is saying that those who worship and depend upon these carved wood idols are foolish. The word stock here means wood or tree and it's saying it's a doctrine of emptiness. And so it is. I mean which would you rather go with... the God of all the nations to which every nation will one day bow, or some little carved out piece of wood that you have to fasten to keep from falling over? Would you rather less to someone behind a pulpit talk and talk and get all emotional but not really say anything.... or would you rather listen to Your Father? One of those paths is vanity and the other path is to blessings and eternal life. It shouldn't be too hard to decide.

Jeremiah 10:9 "Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the work of cunning men."

I mean they make it look really pretty and holy. They get the finest silver and gold and decorate their idols and they even make clothes for them of blue and purple, the color of royalty. It doesn't matter, it's still just a hunk of wood. Do you understand today it's not so much hunks of wood but doctrine being preached from a pulpit? Do you understand there are people who will try to pretty up and even cover up the beautiful truth from God's Word? They tell people what they think they want to hear to soothe their mind and make it sound religious. "You don't need to understand the book of Revelation because God loves you so much that you're going to be the first one taken from the field and you'll be "raptured away, oh hallelujah, praise Jesus." Friends, the first one who shows up to take someone from the field is none other than Satan and it should be clear to a child that when the word Revelation means of course to reveal or uncover that maybe just maybe God did send it and have it written so that it could be read and understood. But it sounds holy and tickles the ear so unfortunately many drink it in. You remember that water of gall and water tainted by wormwood? That's what it tastes like spiritually speaking. Stick with the simplicity and the purity of the living water offered by the Living Word, Jesus Christ.

Jeremiah 10:10 "But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation

Everlasting king, meaning king of the ages or king of eternity.Nations come and go. Kingdoms come and go. God's kingdom is everlasting. But let me ask you, does that verse scare you or trouble you? It shouldn't. Have you done anything to deserve His wrath or indignation? Well, I've sinned. Join the club! If you've repented of those sins, then guess what? He's not angry at you. He's only angry at those who just don't care and those who do evil. He's mostly angry at those who do evil. If you at least try to follow Him and do His will, He counts that as a lot.

Jeremiah 10:11 "Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens."

[color="blue"]This is pretty much common sense, but what's interesting is this verse is in Chaldee, the language of the Babylonian captors. It's the only verse in the entire book of Jeremiah written in Chaldee. So this is a message even to their captors saying, "your little wood idols are going to be gone and the true God is going to reign. I don't know, I'll ask again, what do you put your faith and hope in? There is an eternity, even for some who at one point followed their own false gods, false idols, and false religious ideas. God loves the people all the same. He doesn't love what they all do necessarily. But He does love them. Again, His kingdom is everlasting, and it's really not all that hard to be a part of it. You do have to love Him enough to try to do things His way. With what He's done for us, how can you not?

Jeremiah 10:12 "He hath made the earth by His power, He hath established the world by His wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by His discretion."

[color="blue"]I mean as it says in Genesis, He created the world and everything He created was good. It was exactly as He wanted it. Everything we see around us that is created, every natural force and laws of science that govern our planet and our universe, God put them in effect.

Jeremiah 10:13 "When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures"

[color="blue"]It is almost funny how carried away people get with global warming, or I guess it's climate change now. Or are we back to global warming? Man has polluted a great deal, this is true. It's also true that this is not a good thing. But God is still firmly in control of the weather and the climate and man can't do anything to change that. But again can these little wood gods do that? I don't think so! They can get wet, rotted out, and destroyed by lightning but that's about the extent of it.

Jeremiah 10:14 "Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them."

[color="blue"]There's no life or spirit in them. The Hebrew word is ruwach.

xwr ruwach, roo'-akh; from 07306; wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively, life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension, a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions):--air, anger, blast, breath, × cool, courage, mind, × quarter, × side, spirit((-ual)), tempest, × vain, ((whirl-))wind(-y).

Why would you want to waste your time on either an idol or a "doctrine" that is completely and utterly lifeless? When instead you can follow Almighty God who created the universe and your very soul? The one who put life into you? And some would go chasing after something dead instead. They do it many of them out of ignorance to be sure. But that's why those who have that truth must share it so that in planting a seed maybe someone who is spiritually dead will receive it and come to life, even everlasting life.

Jeremiah 10:15 "They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish."

[color="blue"]Now this isn't necessarily talking about the people here, although unfortunately some of them will perish as well. But this is all the false idols, false doctrine, false religions and traditions. Even anything that takes you away from God that you place above Him, that's an idol in your life. It's going to be done away with, and the best thing for you is to do away with it yourself before we come to this point. Idolatry is a pretty serious sin in God's eyes, but it's not unforgivable. And, again, He knows you. He knows what's in your mind and heart, so no matter what be sincere with Him. But certainly all the idols will be destroyed, as well the rudiments that offend at the time of God's judgment.

I'll stop there for now. I've got to find some more time to do this but I will be back tomorrow.

Merry Christmas and God Bless,

Jason
Old 12-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #28
Sasa
USER INFO »

Merry Christmas, Jason! Hope Santa was good to you this year!
Old 12-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #29
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Have a very Merry and blessed Christmas today! Remember that God loved us enough to take off His incorruptible body and be born of woman in a flesh body, like the rest of us. Born in a humble manner but born a king. Crucified as a criminal though innocent, raised once again incorruptible and as a king everlasting. He went through all that, and by that, I mean the negative parts, for you. Won't you tell Him you love Him today?

Okay, we're in Jeremiah and I pray that God opens eyes and ears in Jesus name. We are still talking about the foolishness and vanity of idols and we're just about done with that particular part of the chapter. But remember, anything that is worshipped or honored over God is pointless. Now, that's not to say don't have hobbies. But don't make your hobby an idol to where it becomes the center of your life when the center of your life, if you call yourself Christian, should be God your Father.

Alright then, verse 16

Jeremiah 10:16 "The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts is his name."

Did you know that God is Israel's inheritance, and that Israel is his? That even extends today to people outside of the tribes of Israel. Certainly Israel, it's people, and Jerusalem is special to our Father, but all people who love Him are special to Him.

Numbers 18:20 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any part among them: I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.

Deuteronomy 32:9 "For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance

Now, where is the documentation that through Christ all can be a part of this inheritance?

Galatians 3:14 "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Abraham was the first one the promise was made to. He was told by God that he would be the father of many nations and his descendants would be as numerous as the stars in the sky. Now, how and through whom does that blessing come? Through Abraham? No, through Jesus Christ!

Galatians 3:15 "Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto."

If two men agree to something contractually and both sign it, then it's confirmed and at least in theory neither man backs out or tries to violate any part of it and no one tries to add anything to it. It's settled and agreed to. Man sometimes has a problem living up to his word, even his written word. But guess what? God never does. If He promises to give you something and meet His conditions on your end, then you're going to receive it. You know something? It gives Him great pleasure to give it to you when you meet His conditions. You can even remind Him of what He promised you. Just make sure you meet the conditions. But if you do, then you can claim His promises.

Galatians 3:16 "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, "And to seeds, as many; but as of one, "And to thy Seed," Which is Christ

Christ is the one who brings it all together. Jew, Gentile, it doesn't matter. If you are in Him, you are of that seed of Abraham spiritually speaking, and you are entitled to the promise.

Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

I don't want to get off track too much, but I do want to go to Romans. Did you know that if you are part of the promise and of this seed, you inherit basically what Christ does? Romans 8 starting with verse 14.

Romans 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

You get that? There is no race, ethnicity, family tree in a flesh sense in that. If you are led by the Spirit of God, you're a part of His family. There's no gender either, so don't get hung up on sons.

Romans 8:15 "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, "Abba, Father." "

He is your Father. He is your closest relative, and He loves you.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit Itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:"

Romans 8:17 "And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together."

Friend, do you know what Christ inherits? He inherits everything! Now don't get carried away and put yourself on an equal plane with Him. But He is happy to share the kingdom with you! So why on earth would you want to carve something out of some little stick or make an idol out of something like a house or a car and put all your time and attention into something other than your Father who created everything and wants to share it with you? Now again, not trying to put anyone on a guilt trip here. There's nothing wrong with enjoying and being proud of things you've earned in your life. But don't put them before your Father. He's the one who loves you, and He's got far more in store for you and to give you than anything you can obtain in this world on your own, or even with His blessings. There's still much more to come.

Jeremiah 10:17 "Gather up thy wares out of the land, O inhabitant of the fortress."

Here the subject kind of changes. This is a command or piece of advice to pick up your bags and get moving because Jerusalem (the fortress) is under siege. I can't help but think in kind of a different sense when Christ said something similar but in a different vein when He said in Mark 13:15 for he that was on the housetop not go into the house and even pack a bag. But that will also certainly be a time in which Jerusalem is under siege but it will not be in any war with guns but spiritual siege to Antichrist.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #30
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sasa) Merry Christmas, Jason! Hope Santa was good to you this year!
Thank you Sasa. This has actually been a difficult year in many ways and I got a late start on Christmas. But, it went fine.

Now let's see if I can't get through this chapter of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 10:18 "For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will sling out the inhabitants of the land at this once, and will distress them, that they may find it so."

This would happen in a sense as a type with the Babylonian captivity that would be coming upon the people of Jeremiah's day. But what it really looks forward to is again as alluded to in the previous verse that time when Antichrist is here and even when Christ Himself returns . Notice it says inhabitants. This includes and really even applies almost more to people who are living there who are not of the tribe of Judah. When Christ returns He is going to clean things up and set them right as only He can. You know what? That's going to be a good time, and a good thing. All that which offends is not necessarily done away with or destroyed at that time, for not even Satan is destroyed when Christ returns. All 7,000 fallen angels actually are. But we will have a thousand years of peace, of God in control, then at the end of that 1,000 years Satan will be released and unfortunately deceive some still into following him. But when that happens,Christ will put a stop to it immediately, and then we see who makes it into the eternity and who does not at the Great White Throne Judgment. But regardless, anything and anyone who would cause problems will not be around when it's all said and done.]
Jeremiah 10:19 "Woe is me for my hurt! my wound is grievous: but I said, Truly this is a grief, and I must bear it."

One can look at this as the city of Jerusalem speaking or as Jeremiah speaking when he says all of this. Either way, it is a tough thing. It's a tough sentence. But as you can hopefully see, it is brought on by their own acts. The greatest apostasy... the greatest idolatry known to man will take place during this time, when the majority of the world worships Satan himself, most of them convinced he's Jesus. The bad teachings, the traditions, the unwillingness to teach that which is not popular or politically correct, even if it's truth from God's Word, all of that will come home to roost. A lot of what comes down in terms of wrath and correction will come down on these so called teachers. But even so, every single person makes their own way and their own decision. You and you alone decide what you do in your life. When we do stand before God on Judgment Day, we will answer for what we did. And, that might be even a good thing. If you've pleased Him, you'll receive rewards. If you haven't, then you might be headed somewhere not so good. But regardless it will be you and you alone who decides that, good or bad.

Jeremiah 10:20 "My tabernacle is spoiled, and all my cords are broken: my children are gone forth of me, and they are not: there is none to stretch forth my tent any more, and to set up my curtains."
This will be a temporary thing as when Christ sets everything right, the center of His kingdom is still going to be in Jerusalem. Again, when Christ sets things right and His people, and this being people of all nations and races... Jew, Gentile, it won't matter. When His people who love Him go into the eternity, the heart of everything is going to be in Jerusalem. This is documented in this same book of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 3:16 "And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more."

The ark of the covenant was symbolic of God's mercy seat. There will be no need for or concern so much regarding that artifact, because the mercy seat itself will be present with us, as will the one who sits on that mercy seat, which is to say God or Christ. The symbol of it will very much take a back seat to the real thing.

Jeremiah 3:17 "At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart."

Notice again, that says all the nations will gather to Jerusalem. God loves the city, the location, and the people. He's just going to need to clean it up a bit. But once He does, it will be the beautiful spot that God has always wanted it to be. At that time too the entire seed of Jacob, both the House of Israel, that being the 10 northern tribes who were scattered, many here in the USA, and the House of Judah, being the tribes of Judah and Benjamin will be reunited and again be one stick. God's favorite people again together in one place, but surrounded by those who love Him of all peoples. Heading back to Jeremiah 10

Jeremiah 10:21 "For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered."
Again, we saw this in the last chapter. If you are a pastor and you're not seeking the truth out in God's Word, then you're not much of a pastor. If all you do is teach the doctrine that your church board says you can teach, and it doesn't line up with God's Word, then you're not going to prosper and your flock indeed is going to be scattered and gone. Ministries and pastors that feed hungry souls the truth will always be blessed. Those who do not will be unsuccessful, for God's sheep will always seek to find someplace where they are actually fed. You know something? Even in the famine of the end times, which is for hearing the Word of God, the Word itself will never disappear, and those who honestly seek out truth will always find it. It will be a lot more difficult, but God does take care of His own.

Jason