++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-24-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Fear And Trembling

Explore More
Search for Jesus
Online Devotional: 23rd Psalm
The Bible
Inspiration
More Christianity
Discuss Today's Reading

Sponsor

Sponsor

Christianity Features on Beliefnet
Who Was Pilate? Darrell Bock on what the Gospels Say
Questions & Answers About Family Prayer
Discussion: How Do You Know the Bible is True?

2/23/04
Philippians 2:1-13

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any incentive of love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.

Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for God is at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:49 PM   #2
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
My point is this , I've driven myself crazy wondering if I'm doing right or if I will make into Heaven, it can drive you insane thinking about it. However I do feel that we just can't take certain parts of the Bible that we like and disregard what we don't like. I believe we have to take it as it says no matter how hard it may be to swallow. Food for thought.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:08 PM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
Awww Dont let it drive you insane my brother The Lord Dont Want You to Do that just trust in him for each and eveything in your life were not made perfect over nite and the walk of salvation is long one..just take it one day at a time and let god lead you!!! Patiens And Faith Will pull you through!!And i will keep you in my prys!!! GOD BLESS
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-13-2004, 03:48 AM   #4
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) My point is this , I've driven myself crazy wondering if I'm doing right or if I will make into Heaven, it can drive you insane thinking about it. However I do feel that we just can't take certain parts of the Bible that we like and disregard what we don't like. I believe we have to take it as it says no matter how hard it may be to swallow. Food for thought.
I think perhaps a look at the historical background of the church in Phillipi might be a real blessing where these verses are concerned.

Are U still grappling with this? Any more thoughts? I'd like to hear them.

I have always seen working out your salvation with fear and trembling to be more of a reverential thing.

U can pm me if U want.
D

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-13-2004, 01:43 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Fear And Trembling Yes Sincirr I agree But Let Me Say These And This U Already Know The Lord Ur God judges U By The Heart And Soul And There Is The Pure Of Heart And There Is The Not So Pure Of Heart And Some Hearts Today Is Harden God Has To Work Out These Souls Salvation Some Times With Fear And Trembling And Creed freak Sounds To Me Like At The Time he post It These He Was worried About Doing The right Thing. Which All New Christians Have [ And Thats A Honor To The Lord Thy God} But Then Again Will People Learn We All Must Grow In Spirt And In Truth And Have Trials With Blessings As well The Key Is Faith And When A person Grows They Shall Learn That LOVE AND MERCY IS WHATS ITS ALL ABOUT Peace Be Whicha
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-13-2004, 10:55 PM   #6
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Yeh good call.

I think that if you are concerned about it then its a good place to be in some ways.

Its not all about going to heaven anyway, is it, its about a relationship with Jesus, and as long as U have that then you can work out all the other things that you think that you arent doing right in the light of His grace, which is a good place to be.

My advice, just desire a friendship with Jesus more than anything else and everything else will follow.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-13-2004, 11:31 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Thats Right He Will Guide you Everystep Of The Way Hes Great Guy to Know Hes The Only One Who Will Never leave U Or Forsake You In The Good times And The Bad b/c The God Of The Good Times Is Still god Of the bad Times So it May Sound crazy But When Something Bad Happens To me Im Like thank You Jesus My Dog Died thank You Jesus My House Just TGot Blew Away Thank You Jesus Everthing Sucks Today Thank You Jesus!!! Now None Of These Things Has Happend to Me But I Was Just Doing It For Example!!!!