++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-29-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Did you all see WWE Raw tonight?

I watched it as usual. There's a storyline going on right now between two wrestlers: Edge and Matt Hardy. Edge uses "Metalingus" as his theme song and is friends with Mark. So I'm watching and all of the sudden, I see a guy playing guitar. I only saw the hand and the guitar, so I'm like, "hmm, wonder who this could be?" So the camera goes up and it's none other than Mark Tremonti! I then realized that the song being played was "Find the Real". The whole band was there with Edge, playing FTR! It was soooo awesome to see them there. I then realized that the show was in Tampa, Florida that night. All made sense. They showed AB again, right before the Edge/Hardy match, up in a pressbox, cheering on Edge. They also, for the first time, had a little picture of ODR at the bottom left when Edge entered using Metalingus. I was so hoping that Mark would interfere in the match and bash someone with the guitar.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #2
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I just saw it!!!!! KICK ASS! I saw Mark sitting there, and was like "HOLY F***! I wish I knew earlier so I could have recorded it. Gahhh. Stupid Todd Grisham had to interrupt it. What a douche.

I love what Edge said. Something about "Hey! Don't you know who this is?! This is Alter Bridge and they have one of the best rock albums out today!" Haha. Awesome. I know Edge and Mark are good friends and have been wondering if they'd ever be on WWE TV together. It finally happened. Sweet.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 08-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #3
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol, I didn't even hear what Edge was saying. I was just "marking out"(wrestling term) when I saw the guys and heard FTR. My parents didn't understand it. They thought I was just making a fool of myself. That had to be one of my favorite Wrestling moments ever. Seeing one of my favorite bands on WWE Raw was just awesome. It was so unexpected.

As I watched the Hardy/Edge match, I thought of way to end the match that would probably only be understood by Alter Bridge and Creed fans. You have Mark come out and he hits Hardy with the acoustic guitar he was playing. So it looks like Edge is going to win the match.....when all of the sudden Scott Stapp comes out, breaks up the pin and goes after Mark. Meanwhile, Hardy gets up, gives Edge(who is distracted) the twist of fate and pins him for the 1,2,3. I know, I know, that's a really crazy way to end the match, and probably doesn't make sense to most, but I would have laughed my butt off if they ended the match that way.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:59 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That's wicked cool. I don't watch wrestling or anything, but maybe somebody will have some clips of this.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) That's wicked cool. I don't watch wrestling or anything, but maybe somebody will have some clips of this.

Yeah, I'm hoping that as well. I'm sure with all the AB fans out there, someone had to have taped Raw last night. Now the question is, will they rip it and post it here or at one of the other sites? Hopefully they do, 'cause it was an awesome moment.