++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-29-2005, 08:47 AM   #31
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, it seems I'm not the only one surprised... And this hole thing make trip about the things that we gonna see in AlterBridge in a near future. Mark choose very well his singer.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 04-29-2005, 10:21 AM   #32
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I love how hard hitting Loose Cannon is, and I always have Sick and Wrong stuck in my head.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #33
scrit
USER INFO »
I personaly like their softer stuff alot more, like believe, white flag, and don't walk away. To me their harder songs got old after a while, but I still listen to their softer songs all the time. But thats not saying that I dislike their harder stuff by any means!!!

-U2
Old 04-29-2005, 03:41 PM   #34
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) I love how hard hitting Loose Cannon is, and I always have Sick and Wrong stuck in my head.

Yeah, I love how hard hitting LC is as well. I'm not as much of a fan of Sick and Wrong, but, as I've said before, all the songs on Second Skin are at least good. I'm still waiting to get my hands on "Fall Out", which I'm sure is a great CD as well. Man, I wish I would have heard of Mayfield Four 5 years ago....perhaps I could have gone to a concert.

Quote: (Originally Posted by scrit) I personaly like their softer stuff alot more, like believe, white flag, and don't walk away.

Yeah, I also really like the softer stuff. Particularly Forfeit, Don't Walk Away, Mar's Hotel(my favorite song, I think), Believe, White Flag, Carry On and Summergirl. All those songs are awesome.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #35
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I don't tend to think of white flag as that "soft"... maybe I'm just weird...
Old 05-04-2005, 12:09 AM   #36
RMadd
USER INFO »
I'm rockin' out to Flatley right now!
5-star songs, as i've rated 'em in my media library:
Mars Hotel
Eden (Turn the Page)
Carry On
Backslide
White Flag
Flatley's Crutch
Believe
Summergirl

Old 05-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #37
RMadd
USER INFO »
maybe i'm a bit crazy for saying this, but i'm hoping that, for their second album, AB take a more M4-like approach than a Creed-type approach. the lyrics on ODR are a bit too Creedy for me; I wouldn't mind seeing Myles take a greater lead in lyrics-writing, as he did w/ M4. and he & mark would collaborate on the instrument parts. in general, i prefer M4's vibe over AB's. in the past few weeks & months, i've listened to them a fair amount more than AB. for whatever reason, they're just a bit more "listenable" over and over again.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:10 AM   #38
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree with ya, BearFan. I'm hoping for the same. Myles can write music as well and it would be cool to see what they come up with both lyrically and musically.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:30 AM   #39
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I don't know about that... if they get a Second Skin approach, it would be pretty mellow love/ break-up songs... and they all seem happy with their wives! lol

I really don't think ODR is that Creedish.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #40
RMadd
USER INFO »
lyrically, ODR does tend to reflect Mark's having spent 10 years alongside Stapp. i think another thing that i like about 'em is the harmonizing. i guess that's not possible since Mark isn't much of a singer.
and as far as many of the songs on Second Skin being mellow, I would have to disagree. yes, they are love-type songs. but Myles' method of conveying his message is different than Stapp's. i believe it was in an interview a few months back that he or Mark said that he's got a more direct style, while Stapp uses analogies, etc. even the slow songs rock pretty hard at some point. and they all depend on Myles' voice. perhaps it's just the fact that it seems to me that he's not being fully himself in AB? something along those lines? i dunno.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:24 AM   #41
titan9
USER INFO »
I agree with RMadd. I think it'd be awesome to see Myles write more of the lyrics for the next AB album. He did such an awesome job with the lyrics for MF4, so I'm sure he'd write some great lyrics for the next AB album.

I also agree with all the songs you listed as five star songs, RMadd. Those are all my favorites by MF4.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:02 PM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I don't know about that... if they get a Second Skin approach, it would be pretty mellow love/ break-up songs... and they all seem happy with their wives! lol

I really don't think ODR is that Creedish.
I do, Broken Wings, Open Your Eyes and Down to My Last really sound Creedish to me, but there are other songs that have a non-Creedish feel. I think some of these songs were written on the Weathered tour, so it's natural for them to have a Creed flavor. I don't think MF4 is all that mellow, but it does have its ballads and slower songs, like Summergirl, which I just love. As long as it's honest music, I'll always give it a chance.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:34 PM   #43
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
But BW is dark and moody, with no hope... DTML doesn't have a catchy chorus as well... I think...

Imo, the most Creedish lyrics is One Day Remains. Maybe it's just a coincidence but I love this song, it's my fav.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #44
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm talking sound-wise more than lyrically, I guess. Those three songs sound Creedish to me. ODR sort of does, but not as much. I do love that one, too.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:21 PM   #45
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
soundwise? OYE uses the same tone as My Sacrifice, but I wouldn't say Creedish... I'd say Markish!!!