++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-26-2004, 09:49 PM   #1
facelessman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Book of Mormon

has anyone here ever read it? and what do you think of it?
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 02-26-2004, 10:19 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
I have,,lost scriptures of the bible is what there book is made of , its blessed me ,but there are many books,so i keep this So i keep this verse in mind, from the bible,Ecc,ch 12 v,12 .14 ,,,Of Makinig of many books there is no end let us hear the conclusion Of the Whole Matter For God Shall Bring fourth Everywork into judgemeant With Every secret thing if its good or Evil,I Dont Study A lot of other books Because the anwsers Is in the bible,The Book of mormons i have read only to Get What The lord Had broke down in spirt That was secret in the bible,Seek and shall find,, I have nothing Against The mormons Book, Because its all coming from the same place Now a lot of people that i know do But there Morons A LOL} i really dont jude jeovha wittness Because there is a lot of hidden truths in all of these books Just like there is A lot of truth To diffrent religons, There All true to a certian point of you, People Is just narrow minded And Foucesd On what they think they know, I just do what jesus tell mes to do, Go find that Which is lost!!ROCK ON
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-27-2004, 12:44 AM   #3
bgivens33
USER INFO »
I've read it(studied it more precisely)... it's not that much different from the Bible. Although, I was a bit biased going into the study, Mormon is the one religion that I seem to think is 100% manmade. I really really don't mean to offend any mormons with that, that's just the conclusion I've reached based on my own experiences. I some family(cousins ect.) who are mormon, and they are good people, I just think they are wrong.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:53 AM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
oh boy here we go again
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-27-2004, 05:53 PM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
haven't read it... seems like it'd be interesting to do so, though, from a scholarly standpoint. no interest in converting to mormonism, after having read how it was concocted, so to speak.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:41 PM   #6
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) ... after having read how it was concocted, so to speak.
What exactly do you mean by that?

Many people claim that it was "written" by Joseph Smith. What I say is, how could a 14 year old boy, confused about religion, with a 4th grade home education, who lived on a farm in the 1800s, who had to read in the bible (James 1:5) to ask of God before realizing he could do so, have written such a book?

Here's a really good website that is about the testing of the validity of the Book of Mormon: www.the-book-of-mormon.com

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 02-28-2004, 03:08 PM   #7
Lechium
USER INFO »
It is of the devil, I say we be good catholics and burn whoever reads this book right now, because they're gonna burn in hell anyhow, so what's the difference?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:33 PM   #8
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
im sorry you feel that way, but how can you think this is of the devil:
Ether 4:12
And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the clight, and the life, and the truth of the world.

is this not true?
how could you think that this book is of the devil if it says that?
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new

Last edited by facelessman : 02-28-2004 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:12 PM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) im sorry you feel that way, but how can you think this is of the devil:
Ether 4:12
And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the clight, and the life, and the truth of the world.

is this not true?
how could you think that this book is of the devil if it says that?
B/c He is a moron that loves to get under your skin need i say more
Old 02-29-2004, 04:23 PM   #10
Lechium
USER INFO »
Now I can alwasy count on you guys to give me my intellegence assessment, and hears some other nice words... ahhh where would I be wihout you, dorks?
Old 02-29-2004, 05:41 PM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) Now I can alwasy count on you guys to give me my intellegence assessment, and hears some other nice words... ahhh where would I be wihout you, dorks?
ye love you too you little demon!!!hehe
Old 03-06-2004, 02:24 AM   #12
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
LOL

I wont be reading it too soon for the following reasons:

Mormon's believe that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.

In the beginning of mormonism, they belived that there was a celestial war, where some of the celestial beings fought, and others stayed neutral, the ones that stayed neutral were cursed to be born on earth with black skin, the dark skin being refered to as the Mark of Cain, and a curse. Cursed with black skin eh? Now they let them in their churches. They never used to.

They also belive that when a hard working mormon man dies, he get's his own planet, to have as much celestial sex with as many god-women as he likes, to procreate his planet.

They wont tell U that to your face though.

That is why I wont read the book...though I have read the first page and ALREADY there is a contradiction with the bible.

What also drives me nuts is that they believe that the bible is an apostate writing, but they claim to follow it? bah!

If U read the holy bible and follow it, dont read theirs till you know yours well.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-06-2004, 06:59 PM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
For those who read the Bible, what do you think of the 4th commandment, on Exodus 20? (About the Seventh-day).
Old 03-06-2004, 10:35 PM   #14
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Well we are not bound by the law anymore in the new covenant.

But what does everyone else think?

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-06-2004, 10:52 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
"Well we are not bound by the law anymore in the new covenant."

Said who???