++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Myles Announces 3 Song Titles From His Album

The Light of Day

Complicated Man

The Bar Fly

source: Guitarist UK - Jan 2010 edition

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
BSC
USER INFO »
Re: Myles Announces 3 Song Titles From His Album

Song titles? Myles leaves us in the dark for quite a while, and we get song titles?

I suppose it's news, and news is good, but song titles have no meaning for me, I want to see album art, guest artists, release dates, etc.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

More of the interview...

You've got a wide taste in music, but can we expect this album, or will it be more in the singer-songwriter vein?

"Though a lot of the songs are singer-songwriter-based, the blues will always be at the heart of how I approach singing and playing guitar. That's the common theme that ties so many of these songs together.
I had a few goals I was hoping to achieve with this record. One of which was to push myself into some new territory creatively and challenge myself as a writer. During that process, I forced myself to sit alone in my studio and ceate something without a band. I had to learn to be proficient at the art of sequencing and programming - a royal pain in the ass!! Hearing what initially came together in my head come to fruition with a drummer and bass player during pre-productioin was very rewarding."

You're an accomplished guitar player in other styles as well as rock, do you hope to showcase elements of your playing that fans of Alter Bridge and your previous band, Mayfield Four, might not be familiar with?

"Yeah, I'm definately attempting to touch on things that I haven't done with either Mayfield or Alter Bridge. For some of the songs I dig way back to my roots in jazz and R&B to add colour and texture. Other songs get quite atmospheric and ethereal, touching on my love for artists such as Daniel Lanois and Massive Attack. But don't worry, there's still a rock element. No need to worry about me making elevator music!"

Do you have any confirmed song titles for the album?

"Well, there's The Light Of Day, Complicated Man and The Bar Fly to name a few. You heard it here first!"

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Thanks For Posting No Fear in mixing new different stuff along with his Rock element sounds great already cant wait