++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 12-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
the iron horse
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sunday Dispatch.642

Sunday Dispatch.642

The Gospels contain a fairy-story, or a story of a larger kind which embraces all the essence of fairy-stories. ... But this story has entered History and the primary world; ... It has pre-eminently the "inner consistency of reality." There is no tale ever told that men would rather find was true, and none which so many sceptical men have accepted as true on its own merits. For the Art of it has the supremely convincing tone of Primary Art, that is, of Creation. ...this story is supreme; and it is true. Art has been verified. God is the Lord, of angels, and of men--and of elves. Legend and History have met and fused.

~J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 12-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Sirena1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Sunday Dispatch.642

You know what I find to be one of the most beautiful events that happened when I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior...and melted into Him?

His perception of time differs from my own.

He went into my mind, back in time and visited me as a child. The little girl that was beaten and afraid of the dark, the one that was crying for help.

He healed that moment that haunted me for so many years. He erased the pain from my memory, and allowed me to forgive and to really love again. To trust again. The beauty of that healing is beyond any words I could find to express my gratitude.

To tote such a heavy burden for so many years and then to finally be released from it, is really like being born again. I am not the same person I once was inside & out.