++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-08-2002, 11:07 AM   #1
Webwitch
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Concerts

Ok - I'm new to this site but I'm also desperate... I'm flying from Michigan to see both the San Diego and San Jose shows this weekend. I also have crummy seats to the GR show next month.

Hopefully Scott is feeling better and the concerts won't be cancelled - since I'm flying 2000 miles, enduring three days of no sleep so I can drive the length of the state, and spending way more than I can afford.

My question is how do you get backstage?? Has anyone succeeded?? I'm not a stalker ... I just want to let Creed know how much thier music has meant to me.

Webwitch
I try to hold on but I’m calloused to the bone
Old 10-08-2002, 12:58 PM   #2
BigBassDrummer
USER INFO »
well, first off.... you can't just "get" backstage. You most likely need to have some connections... secondly, why are you flying 2000 miles to see them? They're having some shows in MI next month!
Old 10-08-2002, 01:20 PM   #3
Webwitch
USER INFO »
Long Story... here's the short version. I was injured in a car accident a couple of years a go, a woman talking on a cell phone didn’t see a stop sign and pulled out 20 feet in front of me. I was driving at 55 mph and collided with her into a dead stop, the impact resulted in permanent neck injuries. Before the accident my life was chaos at best, I had an Autistic child who was 5, a one year old baby, and a six year old daughter, a full time job and home to care for. But the accident put my life on hold. It took 18 months of physical therapy to be able to sit again, even in pain, during that time I was prescribed so many drugs that I couldn’t keep track of everything I was on or what it was for. I can not describe in words the influence Creed's music has had on my life, let alone what “Weathered” had on my recovery. I played it through every session of PT, during the CAT scans, MRI, and Bone Density tests. Finally last month I was discharged having reached “an acceptable level” of recovery. I’ll always live in some degree of pain, but have managed to get off the prescriptions, and get on with my life.

I decided I needed to see Creed in concert, to hear the music that has become so important to me, live. I haven’t had a real vacation since before my son was diagnosed Autistic. No one knows what Heaven and Hell it is daily to have a special needs child, unless you have one. I have the “weathered” crest tattooed on my shoulder blade to remind me to that even though I’m rusted and weathered ... all planned before they announced thier GR concert.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:24 PM   #4
Read JDM
USER INFO »
That's rough. Good for you for surviving and moving on and all. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to making it backstage. Creed is the world's biggest modern rock band, after all, so getting back there is bound to be a tall order.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:13 AM   #5
souldancer
USER INFO »
Wow WW - I can relate to the healing power of Creed's music. I am glad that you are acting on that passion. It sounds like they have given you lots of strength. I am one that firmly believes in life you sometimes just need to GO WITH IT. Whether it seems wildly irrational or not. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
Also, watch out, I don;t mean to dissapoint you, but after today's LA and Sac postponement, I expect that SD may be cancelled too. But check back on boards and with the venue.
As for back stage, Steve, our administrator has mentioned if you make a hefty (?$5,000) contribution to the With Arms Wide Open Foundation - you can get back stage - don't quote me on that....

Take care - and WELCOME to the board. It's a great place with wonderful people.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:09 AM   #6
Webwitch
USER INFO »
Thanks all for the replies... I've already spoke to WAWO - I donated an extra $ 100.00 per ticket to the San Jose seats for them... $ 5000.00 is way out of my leage. I leave in 24 hours, so at this point I'm just hoping that the shows don't get cancelled.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:44 AM   #7
Ruby
USER INFO »
Wow Webwitch you certainly have had a tough go. Good luck at the show. I paid WAWO just under 420.00 for tix and didnt even get a thank you let alone backstage passes. Hope your shows arent cancelled.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:09 AM   #8
Taylor
USER INFO »
if you give $5000 to WAWO you get 2 backstage passes, and tickets to a concert of your choice, a shirt, a HC gold plaque, and something else...it's pretty good for the price

"Like a pig love corn"
Old 10-09-2002, 11:29 AM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
For $5000, I'd expect some skin. (kidding!!)

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-09-2002, 02:03 PM   #10
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Are you guys for real? Can you actually "bribe" them (for lack of better word) like that?
Old 10-09-2002, 03:38 PM   #11
allison
USER INFO »
Well, um...YES! It says on the WAWO website that the "Multi-Platinum" membership you get when you donate 5K or more gets you 2 backstage passes.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-09-2002, 03:53 PM   #12
tremontiwannabe
USER INFO »
THATS SOOOOO AWESOME! i wish i had the money floating around to do that. if i could i would donate 200,000 so i could be with them through every concert of every leg of every tour!!! weeee! that would be sooo bad!!

.....wish me luck on winning the lotery

"...the more you hold us down, the more we press on..."
Old 10-09-2002, 07:23 PM   #13
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by tremontiwannabe
if i could i would donate 200,000 so i could be with them through every concert of every leg of every tour!!!

If you had $200,000 to throw around like that, then here's a better idea: Just buy out their record contract. Wouldn't that be sweet?
Old 10-10-2002, 01:41 AM   #14
Webwitch
USER INFO »
Well the shows are postponed... my flight has to be rescheduled before it takes off in 10 hours or I eat the tickets...so much for thinking I deserve a vacation after everything I've been through...

At least look at me when you shoot a bullet through my head.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:28 AM   #15
souldancer
USER INFO »
Again, so sorry Webwitch. Go get your money back for the airline tickets - and check far ahead for another concert near you. In the mean time, I hope you can find another way to enjoy yourself this weekend. Fill your soul with healing light - YOU DESERVE IT!

Take care - Go watch the WAWO video, always warms my heart.
http://www.creed.com/video/humanclay.html