++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-14-2005, 09:53 PM   #46
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, thanks mate!

I was replying to you, but it wasn't all directed towards you. It seems a few people always take what I say as bad criticism...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:19 PM   #47
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Well, thanks mate!

I was replying to you, but it wasn't all directed towards you. It seems a few people always take what I say as bad criticism...

Those "people" are morons. lol
Old 10-15-2005, 02:54 AM   #48
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I like those comments as well, because those comments are constructive criticism, something I always like to hear. I'm all for debating that kind of criticism, but I don't like the meaningless fights and arguments, lol.

I think there is a lot to this feud that may never be known. Tremonti may have done something to stapp to make him respond or feel this way. These guys used to be great friends, now they only talk throught lawyers, its unbelievable....Whos to blame we will never know, but I do not think it is all Stapps fault...

As far as "sorround me", I like it...I havent heard the radio version but the accoustic sounded pretty good, like the lyrics, they are definitely way better than the great devide.

Finally lets face bare facts here...It is ever appearent that their will not be a reconciliation now, Creed is finished. Fact is everyone here has an opinion...My opinion is stapp and alter bridge are good alternatives for people who love creed. They are both good, It pains me to say that because I do not feel that Kennedy can hold Stapps jock when it comes to being a frontman but thats my opinion... The only way either of these two factions will be great is if they are reunited, looks like it wont happen so we will have to enjoy what we can get...
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 10-15-2005, 02:59 AM   #49
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I like those comments as well, because those comments are constructive criticism, something I always like to hear. I'm all for debating that kind of criticism, but I don't like the meaningless fights and arguments, lol.

I think there is a lot to this feud that may never be known. Tremonti may have done something to stapp to make him respond or feel this way. These guys used to be great friends, now they only talk throught lawyers, its unbelievable....Whos to blame we will never know, but I do not think it is all Stapps fault...

As far as "sorround me", I like it...I havent heard the radio version but the accoustic sounded pretty good, like the lyrics, they are definitely way better than the great devide.

Finally lets face bare facts here...It is ever appearent that their will not be a reconciliation now, Creed is finished. Fact is everyone here has an opinion...My opinion is stapp and alter bridge are good alternatives for people who love creed. They are both good, It pains me to say that because I do not feel that Kennedy can hold Stapps jock when it comes to being a frontman but thats my opinion... The only way either of these two factions will be great is if they are reunited, looks like it wont happen so we will have to enjoy what we can get...
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 10-15-2005, 03:32 AM   #50
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) AB could've ended Stapp's career if they wanted to. They don't. So they just expressed their thoughts... I don't blame them for that...
Yeah, I really believe that too.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) But what bothers me is Stapp tells a different version in each interview and takes credit for things who aren't his: writing all of Creed's music when he can't play guitar enough or making the largest shelter in Shiverport (spelling?) to say two examples.
I know, I'm starting to hate him for that! Last year he said "Oh, it will definitely be another Creed record out, down the road". And: "Mark is uncle Mark to my baby boy, so I don't see why this break-up would end a friendship". Now he calls them: "My so-called friends". And he has also said: "I've only spoken to them through lawyers" and: "Even if they begged I would never play with them again. They got bigheadded and they didn't want to split the money when I wrote all the Creed songs. I was Creed"!

One person wasn't Creed! And it sure as hell wasn't Scott! If anyone was I'd say Mark, since he wrote all the songs, and co-wrote more lyrics than we know of. And I think ODR prooves that. The ODR lyrics are more alike the Creed lyrics than what I've heard from TGD.

As for the rest of what Marcos said... I agree with the most of it, besides from the video. I still think that is freaking bad video...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-15-2005, 05:37 AM   #51
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Sorry, thought I saw the end of the line but it was only the first page!
Old 10-15-2005, 06:09 AM   #52
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Here's Surround Me (Acoustic) - Live at 101.1, The River.

For all of those who says Scott's a better singer than Myles. Here's your proof Myles owns Scott. Scott voice cracks many times on this song, and so on... Awesome quality though. (Some of you says Scott was sick this day. But I've heard Myles sing sick, and you hardly notice it. I could upload it here if you want to).

Good song, though

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-15-2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #53
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
True. The great ones play through pain and sickness.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #54
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks, Lith....listening to it now....hmm, nice pretty guitar intro...yikes, maybe it's the recording, but his voice does not sound good. I don't have much hope for a tour. And the screeching/screaming at the end...ick.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #55
bobben
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I hate Usher.

I hate the guy too!!

Ok, a little off-subject, but hey...I simply hate him!
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 10-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, Bobben. I'm right there with ya. Not a fan.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:29 PM   #57
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Here's Surround Me (Acoustic) - Live at 101.1, The River.

For all of those who says Scott's a better singer than Myles. Here's your proof Myles owns Scott. Scott voice cracks many times on this song, and so on... Awesome quality though. (Some of you says Scott was sick this day. But I've heard Myles sing sick, and you hardly notice it. I could upload it here if you want to).

Good song, though

Thanks for that. The quality is much better. I do agree, Scott's voice cracks quite a bit, but his being sick probably didn't help matters. Still, I don't think he sounds horrendous, just a bit off(particularly when he goes higher with his vocals toward the end of the song). I guess not every singer can sound good(like Myles can) when he is sick. Gotta give Myles all the credit in the world for being able to hit the high notes when he is under the weather.

As long as Scott stays healthy during his tour, I still think he can sound good live. I still think he has it in him. We'll see, though.

I hate Ashlee Simpson even more than Usher. At least Usher CAN sing, whereas Ashlee sounds absolutely horrendous live and is so bad that she has to lip sync. 'Tis why I have so much respect for Rock singers, who in most cases, never lip synch. Even when Stapp, or another Rock singer sounds horrendous live, that's still better than them lip synching, imo.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-15-2005, 10:59 PM   #58
Chase
USER INFO »
I don't think it's that bad at all. Like Titan said... being sick is a factor... and not everyone is fortunate enough to be like Myles when they're ill. I like the two guitar approach in the music though. It's a little less generic than "The Great Divide" and that will definately work to his benefit. Even the ending isn't bad. I think that some people just don't want to give Stapp a chance and are being way too critical. That's fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion... but let's all wait until November 22nd and THEN make our final critiques.

Haha and I'm listening to the new performance of "My Sacrafice" and I feel guilty for my curiosity of wanting to hear it. Sure Artie Rincon and John Curry aren't Tremonti on guitar... but it just sounds like a generic version of the song. Nothing spectacular is incorporated into it... like Tremonti would've done... but Stapp sounds pretty good on the song, vocally. Hearing the song does make me miss Creed.

Last edited by Chase : 10-15-2005 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: As long as Scott stays healthy during his tour, I still think he can sound good live. I still think he has it in him. We'll see, though.
I hope so, but I have my doubts. His voice isn't nearly as strong as it once was.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #60
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I hope so, but I have my doubts. His voice isn't nearly as strong as it once was.

Yeah... that's true. I can understand your doubts. However, Eddie Vedder doesn't have his same voice... neither does Chris Cornell. Singers age... some more rapidly than others. We'll just have to see what happens.