++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #31
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
By no means am I saying that you should not be upset about what he is saying regarding Tremo, Flip and Brian or anything else Creed related. I myself am angry, and I'm an equal fan of both. All I am saying is that those who hate Stapp, to avoid fights, would be best served(all of this being my opinion) to either hold the hate in, or voice it in the AB forum where it would probably be better suited, lol. It's really only a suggestion on my part, as I've observed this forum a lot in 9-10 months, and this is what I think is the peaceful solution to all of the fights.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #32
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by metalanus) just because his voice was not perfect live doesn't mean it wont be perfect on the albulm. Ever heard is this the end acoustic he gets terribly off key at one point yet the albulm version is one of their strongest songs
But of course!

You have all sorts of digital equipment to clean noises and correct defects, a true Photoshop for sounds.

Or do you think Britney and Jessica Simpson are good singers?

When Britney performed in Rio de Janeiro in front of 15,000 fans, her playback failed and she was forced to sing: she got booed and all her teen fans cried in disbelief she sucked so bad.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:50 PM   #33
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by metalanus) i like both stapp and AleterBridge so I guess im the minority

add one more...hey, at this rate, we're bound to bring our percentage up sooner or later...lol
Old 10-14-2005, 01:10 PM   #34
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) add one more...hey, at this rate, we're bound to bring our percentage up sooner or later...lol

Add me to that list as well.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #35
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) But of course!

You have all sorts of digital equipment to clean noises and correct defects, a true Photoshop for sounds.

Or do you think Britney and Jessica Simpson are good singers?

When Britney performed in Rio de Janeiro in front of 15,000 fans, her playback failed and she was forced to sing: she got booed and all her teen fans cried in disbelief she sucked so bad.

Exactly.

Anyway, to Titan. there is a difference between a negative opinion and respect. Less people like Stapp than like AB, so of course mroe people will post their negative opinions about Stapp than those who psot them about AB.

If someone were to give me a logical, coherant REASON for their negative opinion of a band such as Alter Bridge, I would certainly engage in lively debate with them and enjoy doing so.

MOST Alter Bridge fans that I have noticed are *usually* respectful of others opinions even when they don't hold them. I can't say the same for stapp fans. Without naming names, I can count at least 6 who are totally ridiculous in their blatant disregard for opposing viewpoints. I don't WANT to hate Stapp. If someone could show me he had an oucne of musical depth or a heart bigger than a pea, I would love that. I wish I had more people that I could listen to and enjoy. Stapp crazy's tend to not WANT to consider opposing opinions, and often there is nothing more rude and annoying than having to argue with someone who refuses to listen.

/rant

This time around it was too much root beer, for those of you who get the joke... lol
Old 10-14-2005, 04:17 PM   #36
titan9
USER INFO »
It really goes on both sides, though. You've got AB fans who are just as bad as the Stapp extremists. Maybe there aren't as many such AB fans as there are Stapp fans, but they do indeed exist.

My whole thing was that, if you hate an artist, you really should not come into their forum and say so, unless you want to start a huge fight, unless you want to get into trouble. Never did I say that criticism or negativeness regarding an artist is wrong; I'm incredibly negative when it comes to cruddy "singers" like Ashlee Simpson, Britney Spears etc.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #37
Chase
USER INFO »
He's asking you guys to stop the nagitivity... that's all! I just think it's funny that you guys crucify Stapp for finally retaliating AGAINST ALTER BRIDGE'S YEAR LONG STAPP BASHING INTERVIEW FESTIVAL. I'm sure Stapp knows what Tremonti has been saying... and he's probably fed up with it. He could probably handle things differently... but like Titan said, you Stapp-haters are too quick to judge him on every level. He announces that he's trying to reconcile with God, you criticize him. He releases ONE song... and you guys make it sound like the entire album is garbage (without listening to it), he makes a video that's simple and it's the worst music video ever (Alter Bridge did the same thing... and you praise them). It's okay to be an AB fan and Stapp fan... relax and loosen up. I like Stapp and AB equally... but I will never go into the AB board and bash them time after time like some of you do in here. Then good threads get SHUT DOWN because people make piss worthy posts and incite arguments. Constructive criticism is fine... but the continuous posts devoted to Stapp hating is getting really annoying. You can worship the ground that Alter Bridge walks on... that's fine... but please knock off the negativity in nearly every post.

One more thing... Creed is indeed post grunge... however, they did create their own sound. Alter Bridge has carried on that sound (as of now) and so has Stapp. Creed has influenced both bands and there is nothing wrong with that. Hell, they even influenced other bands... like Submersed. Just relax everyone.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:58 PM   #38
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Yeah I can agree with titan and Chase posts in almost everything, cause I feel the same way...some guys just came here to bash Stapp, like i said in athe other thread seems that"bash Stapp is cool"...Of course everyone is free to entitle his/her opinion...by the way, I was very disappointed with his first single Great Divide and said it on board even though the majority of his fans seemed liked it...

Of course I posted my disappointment with his new song cause I think he can do better than that, so I was expecting more from this guy. And yes, I can RESPECT a member who says hosnetly that 'Stapps song isnt great, he did a lot of stupid thing in the last days of the band, that clearly contributed to Creed's end, his solo video isnt a creative one...thats all okay...These are OPINIONS! THERES A REASON!!!

IMO, the problem is when someone in a thread that has nothing to it just came and say " Stapp is a jerk"; or "Stapp does a lot of crappy", " Hes an idiot." Whats the point of exclaiming that? Theres no real reason ...its just to provoke his fans and when we answer that --they say we are "RUDE"...or we are "making an enormous drama"...

For example, whats the meaning of answering "oh, Stapp is a jerk" in a thread about whos the better singer????.Even on the thread posted to his birthday I recall some people saying how they dislike him...You CAN dislike him...but why go to his birthday thread just to say that??? I clearly hate ashley simpson...so why go to her site and posting something 'like shes a very bad singer, a stupid girl with no talent'? I cant to that because I respect the people rights of having different opinions from mine.

Also, Im not a Stapp fan but also an AB fan. Love them equally and hope carreer are successful for both.

And I hope I'm not one of the six ... lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 10-14-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:20 PM   #39
titan9
USER INFO »
That's exactly what I meant, Ana. It's nice to see someone agrees with me. When you said that you disliked The Great Divide, you did so in a respectful manner and did not use the typical "I hate it because Stapp is a jerk" response. Constructive criticism is fine, imo; clear bashing in this forum isn't.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #40
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I'm just trying to be honest... at first I didn't like Mark was telling how wrong Stapp acted and he never called him "he's a fucking asshole" like Stapp did. The only one who got heavy was Brian: "he's a pathological fucking liar". But then I heard behind the scenes stories by a reliable person who's not on this board, and hey... AB could've ended Stapp's career if they wanted to. They don't. So they just expressed their thoughts... I don't blame them for that... There was someone in a group of friends of mine and this person totally changed to the level we couldn't stand anymore... she ended up leaving the group, fighting with almost everybody... You just can't help it: when people used you and lost your trust, it's human nature calling. You'll talk about it and it won't be pink glasses.

But what bothers me is Stapp tells a different version in each interview and takes credit for things who aren't his: writing all of Creed's music when he can't play guitar enough or making the largest shelter in Shiverport (spelling?) to say two examples.

Anyway, moving on to the music itself:

It's so sad to see how much Stapp's voice has deteriorated over the years. That voice that got me hooked at first is no more... His tone is almost gone, the southern accent is more evident but the falsettos are horrible now. Granted in one of them he was sick, but in St. Louis it still sounded bad comparing to previous years. And it's evident in all bootlegs for those who wanna listen to it. You don't admit it only if you don't want to.

As for the lyrics, Stapp changed style a bit, I think. He's going into a Aerosmith/ The Calling direction: verse/ chorus/ verse/ chorus/ bridge (although I don't think SM has one) / outro being variations and repeats of chorus words. Back in Human Clay, it was long verses/ chorus/ long verses/ chorus/ bridge/ chorus. Now his words are fewer and repeat more often.

I liked TGD better than RL and SM, although it isn't fair to SM since it wasn't the studio version. TGD is a good song but Stapp can do better. He did in the past, I don't see why he can't do it again. Reading PBF, I didn't see anyone saying those were the best Stapp songs ever so far.

And about his video... I have nothing against it. I anticipated something a bit different, but it's a good performance video. But it was weird to see Stapp singing sitting in the beginning, when he's used to move all around on stage! lol

So that's it... That's my whole view on this for now. Crucify me if you want, but I believe I'm being fair.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #41
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
you've only heard two songs so far. so judge it after the cd comes out?
Old 10-14-2005, 09:14 PM   #42
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Read carefully:

Quote: That's my whole view on this for now. Crucify me if you want, but I believe I'm being fair.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #43
titan9
USER INFO »
I completely respect and understand what you've said, Marcos. What you've posted right there is constructive criticism. I was not at all talking about you when I talked about bashers. You've always been constructive, which I respect.

I don't think TGD is up to Stapp's standard, either...which is why I hope that the album is. I know he still has it in him to make a very good CD, but we'll see if he actually does.

As far as lyrics, the lyrics for the songs I've seen so far aren't bad, but aren't up to his ability either. I have noticed the tendancy in the two songs, concerning structure. I think the reason his lyrics have changed is that he's changed. In Creed, quite a few of his lyrics questioned faith, questioned religion, questioned God in some way. Now that he's obviously a firm Christian, he isn't questioning so much, but rather talking about his spiritual journey more(as evidenced in TGD and RL). I don't know if his lyrics are the same on the rest of the CD, though.

The stuff I've heard thus far shows potential, but it's definitely not as good as his stuff with Creed. I'm trying hard to wait until the CD comes out before I judge his first work as a solo artist. Initially, it looks good, but it's not as good as I expected. We'll see, though.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #44
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
When I say I like negative comments I mean comments like Marcos'... If everyone jsut said "yippee doo its awesome" life would get boring FAST...
Old 10-14-2005, 09:39 PM   #45
titan9
USER INFO »
I like those comments as well, because those comments are constructive criticism, something I always like to hear. I'm all for debating that kind of criticism, but I don't like the meaningless fights and arguments, lol.