++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-16-2005, 03:07 PM   #16
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Hey, I'm not saying they're telling positiv stuff about him. But bashing is what Stapp did to Mark. Calling Mark "A fucking asshole". Mark has never ever bashed Stapp in that way! You can search for 1000 years, you'll never find one bashing comment from Mark about Stapp.

Like I said, denial or some odd definition of bashing that only stapp-haters use.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:17 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Lith, AB might have not used as nasty a batch of words as Stapp did to bash them, but you can't say they didn't bash Scott. It was pretty clear through everything they said in countless interviews that they were pissed off at him. As I've said before, the truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle.

I completely agree with that. I think there is some truth and some lies coming from both sides.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-17-2005, 02:09 PM   #18
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Lith, AB might have not used as nasty a batch of words as Stapp did to bash them, but you can't say they didn't bash Scott. It was pretty clear through everything they said in countless interviews that they were pissed off at him. As I've said before, the truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle.
If you call that bashing, they've been bashing him a lot! To me bashing is calling someone a "Fucking asshole". And I think Brian has bashed Stapp by calling him "Pathological fuckingar lair". But we were talking about Mark bashing Stapp. Not AB, Mark. And I never think Mark has.

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I completely agree with that. I think there is some truth and some lies coming from both sides.
I think both sides are telling their side of the truth. Although I chose to believe AB more than Stapp. Since Stapp changes his stories a lot I find it hard to believe some of the things he says.

One example is that last year Mark was "Uncle Mark to my baby boy and I don't see why this break-up would end a friendship. And I still keep contact with them, I still talk to them. And I'm sure there will be another Creed record out down the road".

Now Mark is a fucking asshole, and a "So-called friend". He has only spoken to them through laywers and it said in the lyrics on Weathered that "This is the last album that I'm making with these guys". And also he claims: "I was Creed. They didn't want to split the money when I wrote all the songs". - (Which Mark did - lair)

Another example is when Stapp said in a radio interview, (I'm sorry, I can't remember which one, but I'm sure if you ask for it on PBF, the chicks who runs it will know what you mean)., Anyway... He said that he and Mark had sat down over the phone and chose the songs that would feature on the Greatest Hits CD. When Mark himself claims he didn't want to release that record. And it says in the booklet that some guy Ryan Smith was the one who chose the setlist. I mean, you can't possibly explain that with something that doesn't lead you to the fact that on some level he must have been lying.

It's his way to all of a sudden change his stories that makes me doubt some of the things he says. But sure, I don't think he's lying about everything. I think he's often telling his side of the truth. But I just don't think he's a easy person to be around or work with. (As AB have said 1000 of times). In the last interview I heard with him he told a story very simmular to ABs story. Which is good in one way. And yet worse in another... Although he was telling a simmular story he had changed his whole mind about this break-up, and that's just worse. He changes his stories so often you don't know what to believe.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #19
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) If you call that bashing, they've been bashing him a lot! To me bashing is calling someone a "Fucking asshole". And I think Brian has bashed Stapp by calling him "Pathological fuckingar lair". But we were talking about Mark bashing Stapp. Not AB, Mark. And I never think Mark has.

I think both sides are telling their side of the truth. Although I chose to believe AB more than Stapp. Since Stapp changes his stories a lot I find it hard to believe some of the things he says.

One example is that last year Mark was "Uncle Mark to my baby boy and I don't see why this break-up would end a friendship. And I still keep contact with them, I still talk to them. And I'm sure there will be another Creed record out down the road".

Now Mark is a fucking asshole, and a "So-called friend". He has only spoken to them through laywers and it said in the lyrics on Weathered that "This is the last album that I'm making with these guys". And also he claims: "I was Creed. They didn't want to split the money when I wrote all the songs". - (Which Mark did - lair)

Another example is when Stapp said in a radio interview, (I'm sorry, I can't remember which one, but I'm sure if you ask for it on PBF, the chicks who runs it will know what you mean)., Anyway... He said that he and Mark had sat down over the phone and chose the songs that would feature on the Greatest Hits CD. When Mark himself claims he didn't want to release that record. And it says in the booklet that some guy Ryan Smith was the one who chose the setlist. I mean, you can't possibly explain that with something that doesn't lead you to the fact that on some level he must have been lying.

It's his way to all of a sudden change his stories that makes me doubt some of the things he says. But sure, I don't think he's lying about everything. I think he's often telling his side of the truth. But I just don't think he's a easy person to be around or work with. (As AB have said 1000 of times). In the last interview I heard with him he told a story very simmular to ABs story. Which is good in one way. And yet worse in another... Although he was telling a simmular story he had changed his whole mind about this break-up, and that's just worse. He changes his stories so often you don't know what to believe.

Dude, you need to get hold of yourself. It's all gonna be ok.

For one thing, last year was just that. LAST YEAR. Last year, AB hadn't gone on the Stapp bashing bandwagon to the degree that it eventually wound up. Has it ever occured to you that Stapp's feelings have changed since then? I know if it were me they had been talking about in the capacity that they did for a year, I'd sure talk to them through lawyers only too.

Stapp never said that Mark was a "fucking asshole" in that interview, the dj said it. That was brought up to you in another thread. Nowhere in the Weathered lyrics, or by Stapp's own admission did he ever say that it was the last Creed album he would ever do with the guys. That point was also brought up to you in another thread. What he did say is..."Creed was over after Human Clay", "listen to the lyrics on Weathered". If your gonna take the time to listen to the interviews that Stapp gives and then rip on him about it, then at least get what you quote correct.

So, Phillips said basically the same thing about Stapp. "I use the term "friend" loosely". If it worked for him at that time, then it should work for Stapp now.

The setlist choices, well hmmm, maybe Mark and Stapp just couldn't agree. It was very apparent that Mark didn't like the idea about the GH release. So maybe they him-hawed about it and just finally gave up and let someone else choose. Just because Stapp made the statement that they chose the list doesn't mean he's flat out lying dude, just maybe means that they didn't finalize it and someone else did.

Mark has changed his story so many times, imo he's a joke. "We broke up because....", "I don't want to point fingers but.....", "Well, we had problems with Stapp because.....", "I don't know what happend....".etc, etc, etc.

As for the "big head" comment made by Stapp, or rather the "head swelling" comment, oh I think Stapp's right. Mark said himself that most of the lyrics/music on the the AB cd were actually written while on the Weathered tour and imo, he may have thought that they were going to be used on the next Creed album. That didn't happen. Hence the comment by Stapp, "they didn't want to share the money".

You believe AB's side of the story. I believe Stapp's. Your opinion counts dude, and so does mine because we all have our own thoughts, and differing opinions.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:51 AM   #20
The Lithium
USER INFO »
To start off; I think you misunderstood my post a little bit. It's not what he has said, it's the way he has changed his stories...

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) For one thing, last year was just that. LAST YEAR. Last year, AB hadn't gone on the Stapp bashing bandwagon to the degree that it eventually wound up. Has it ever occured to you that Stapp's feelings have changed since then? I know if it were me they had been talking about in the capacity that they did for a year, I'd sure talk to them through lawyers only too.
Yeah, no, I understand if his feelings may have been hurten, but still. From "speaking and being friends with them" to "only speaking to them through laywers since the break-up".

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Nowhere in the Weathered lyrics, or by Stapp's own admission did he ever say that it was the last Creed album he would ever do with the guys. That point was also brought up to you in another thread. What he did say is..."Creed was over after Human Clay", "listen to the lyrics on Weathered". If your gonna take the time to listen to the interviews that Stapp gives and then rip on him about it, then at least get what you quote correct.
I remember him saying those exact words, and I think it was in that Columbus interview. (But I may be wrong, but I don't think so)...

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) So, Phillips said basically the same thing about Stapp. "I use the term "friend" loosely". If it worked for him at that time, then it should work for Stapp now.
Again, it's not what he said, it's the way he has changed his stories.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) The setlist choices, well hmmm, maybe Mark and Stapp just couldn't agree. It was very apparent that Mark didn't like the idea about the GH release. So maybe they him-hawed about it and just finally gave up and let someone else choose. Just because Stapp made the statement that they chose the list doesn't mean he's flat out lying dude, just maybe means that they didn't finalize it and someone else did.
Well, Michael (Tremonti) told me another story about that comment. I can't really remember what he said, but this is pretty muc what he've told me about Stapp still talking to them, being friends, the Greatest Hits setlist thingy, and so on. So this is what Michael have said to the AB fans about most of those things...: "Another flat lie...".

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Mark has changed his story so many times, imo he's a joke. "We broke up because....", "I don't want to point fingers but.....", "Well, we had problems with Stapp because.....", "I don't know what happend....".etc, etc, etc.
Imo? What's so freaking funny, I don't get it... Well yes, Mark has change his stories a little bit. But he thing is he's just giving us another picture than he was before. He's telling us what happened behind closed doors and so on. Stapp is totally switching pictures. Maybe he's telling the truth now, but that must mean he was lying before about still being friends with them, and so on...

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) As for the "big head" comment made by Stapp, or rather the "head swelling" comment, oh I think Stapp's right. Mark said himself that most of the lyrics/music on the the AB cd were actually written while on the Weathered tour and imo, he may have thought that they were going to be used on the next Creed album. That didn't happen. Hence the comment by Stapp, "they didn't want to share the money".
Yes, he said that, but that was like ages before ODR was released. And Mark have also said, many times, that he is always writing music. Weather it is for Creed/AB or something else. He's always writing music, and very many of these songs will never be released. He didn't always write for Creed while being a member of the band. I can't really see Creed play Find The Real or One Day Remains.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) You believe AB's side of the story. I believe Stapp's. Your opinion counts dude, and so does mine because we all have our own thoughts, and differing opinions.
Yeah, and even if I don't believe you think I do, I'd like to say that I still respect you as muc has anybody else. And just because you believe Stapp and I believe AB doesn't have to mean we can't stand each other. If it makes you feel better to believe Stapp, I'm glad you do!

Rock on!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) If you call that bashing, they've been bashing him a lot! To me bashing is calling someone a "Fucking asshole". And I think Brian has bashed Stapp by calling him "Pathological fuckingar lair". But we were talking about Mark bashing Stapp. Not AB, Mark. And I never think Mark has.
Mark IS part of AB, he did some of the talking in those magazine interviews, so yes, he was bashing. You can bash someone, rip someone a new asshole without cussing. It's not so much about the actual words.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #22
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Mark IS part of AB, he did some of the talking in those magazine interviews, so yes, he was bashing. You can bash someone, rip someone a new asshole without cussing. It's not so much about the actual words.
Well then I apologize for misunderstanding the true meaning of that word. Sorry, I'm swedish!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-18-2005, 02:20 PM   #23
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Come on people...I thinky we all had too much of this Stapp vs. AB thing. We must going on and look for new horizons! I'm tired of this treads about all that garbage that has been said in the interviews.

Creed broke up under bad circunstances and the two sides always gonna say negatives about each other. We never going to know the truth, so I'll ask a question: let's try something new! Try to enjoy the music that Scott and AB are doing and let the interviews away from our eyes and our minds.

Let's remember that sometime ago we were all Creed fans and we used to like a lot this guys.

Peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 10-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #24
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by cariocawlad) Come on people...I thinky we all had too much of this Stapp vs. AB thing. We must going on and look for new horizons! I'm tired of this treads about all that garbage that has been said in the interviews.

Creed broke up under bad circunstances and the two sides always gonna say negatives about each other. We never going to know the truth, so I'll ask a question: let's try something new! Try to enjoy the music that Scott and AB are doing and let the interviews away from our eyes and our minds.

Let's remember that sometime ago we were all Creed fans and we used to like a lot this guys.

Peace.

Very Good point, Wlad!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-18-2005, 04:59 PM   #25
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Which interview did Scott say these things?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Well then I apologize for misunderstanding the true meaning of that word. Sorry, I'm swedish!
LOL, no prob, Lith. You do a great job with your English!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #27
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) LOL, no prob, Lith. You do a great job with your English!
Well, I'm trying, but I'm only 16 yet. (Turning 17 in December)... I guess I'm doing pretty okay, I mean, you guys seem to understand what I'm saying!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-19-2005, 01:34 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, always. You have an excellent command of the language!
Old 10-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Which interview did Scott say these things?
People are referring to his current radio tour. I believe there have been interviews in Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio, St. Louis, and Chicago.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:01 PM   #30
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Well, I'm trying, but I'm only 16 yet. (Turning 17 in December)... I guess I'm doing pretty okay, I mean, you guys seem to understand what I'm saying!

Actually Lith... you do speak English well. I mean, much better than Roffe (no offense). Anyway man, what some people are saying is that there are two sides to every disagreement. It's fine if you pick a side to believe... but I think everyone agrees that the AB vs. Stapp feud is pretty pointless.