++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #226
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) 'Zactly. If he wrote the music as well as the lyrics for those songs, I may not have a problem with it. But he, as far as I know, only did lyrics and vocals for Creed, so I don't think it is right of him to perform Creed songs, especially when Mark and him supposedly had a hand-shake agreement.

Im my opinion EVEN if he had written the music and also the lyrics it doenst mean they were "his" songs, ya know? They were for Creed, he wrote them for Creed.When he was in Creed. Its the past.Now he has his solo carreer and he has to know how dealing with it or he wants to be forever 'Stapp -the guy from Creed'??? Hun?
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 10-09-2005 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:45 PM   #227
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, you're right, even if he did do lyrics/music/vocals, I still may be offended by him doing those songs when he is a solo artist.

People have brought up how guys like Cornell and Weiland are doing songs on tour by their old bands. It doesn't bother me, because, to the best of my knowledge, they never agreed not to do those songs. Why I am so offended by Stapp doing Creed songs is that he and Mark had a hand-shake agreement and Stapp agreed with Mark NOT to perform Creed songs on his solo tour(s). Obviously, Mark has kept up his end of the deal, but Scott hasn't and is probably going to continue to break the deal on his solo tour. As an equal fan of both, that disappoints me.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #228
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) LOL, I'm just trying to give him a break since he's new . He hasn't really been obnoxious or anything.

Well he wasn't to me... he was to Tremonti4life though.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:52 PM   #229
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Yeah Titan...waht bothers me its Stapp seems to forgot it, cuz one year ago (I think) he performed several times on radio tour not only Relearn Love (of course to promote it) but also Higher and WAWO...and considering WAWO was for his son, answer me wahts the meaning of singing "Higher" after Creed's end?????
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 10-09-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:56 PM   #230
ryen
USER INFO »
i wasnt talking about u dogstar i well say ab is a good band there music dose sound a lote like creed. but i just thank scott was the iceing on the cake and most lead singers are. dogstar knows why im suck a scott stapp fan and if iny one els wants to really know why just ask.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:15 AM   #231
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok, was just confused since you quoted me, LOL
Old 10-10-2005, 03:00 AM   #232
Creed7352
USER INFO »
alter bridge actually DID donate money to the hurricane relief...just about $30,000...did you mix that up and think it was stapp? i haven't heard about stapp giving any money to the relief fund. alter bridge did a concert recently down in florida and all the money made went to the relief effort.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #233
ryen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) alter bridge actually DID donate money to the hurricane relief...just about $30,000...did you mix that up and think it was stapp? i haven't heard about stapp giving any money to the relief fund. alter bridge did a concert recently down in florida and all the money made went to the relief effort.

i might have i dont know man my life is so masted up right now im just losing my mind. and im sorry im taking it out on u all ab is a cool band and i just miss the hell out of creed.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #234
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Im my opinion EVEN if he had written the music and also the lyrics it doenst mean they were "his" songs, ya know? They were for Creed, he wrote them for Creed.When he was in Creed. Its the past.Now he has his solo carreer and he has to know how dealing with it or he wants to be forever 'Stapp -the guy from Creed'??? Hun?
Yeah, I agree... I see it as a lack of creativity, self-confidence and pretty much just a caraoke show. Stapp, Brian, Mark or Flip should never ever play a Creed tune again, no matter what band they're in, unless they're together again. (And we all know that's not gonna happen). They are Creed songs, and that's it! Creed - not something else.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #235
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, I agree... I see it as a lack of creativity, self-confidence ....

So you must feel the same for AB then. AB is trying to be like creed to get on radio.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #236
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) So you must feel the same for AB then. AB is trying to be like creed to get on radio.
What? ...good one... Mark wrote all songs for Creed and have written almost all of ABs. (Myles co-wrote 5 of them). Did the thought that maybe it's because Mark is the songwriter for both bands is the reason why you might think AB sounds like Creed ever cross your mind? (And AB so doesn't sound a lot like Creed).

I don't mind if Stapp sounds like Creed, what I said is that I think it would be "A lack of creativity, self-confidence and pretty much just a caraoke show" - If Scott would play Creed songs on tour. And don't give me some crazy shit that ABs cover songs sucks and so on! I like 'em!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-10-2005, 10:20 AM   #237
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) What? ...good one... Mark wrote all songs for Creed and have written almost all of ABs. (Myles co-wrote 5 of them). Did the thought that maybe it's because Mark is the songwriter for both bands is the reason why you might think AB sounds like Creed ever cross your mind? (And AB so doesn't sound a lot like Creed).
I don't think that. they don't have the voice or many of the lyrics of creed. That was from Mark himself.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #238
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) I don't think that. they don't have the voice or many of the lyrics of creed. That was from Mark himself.
Okay so good then... They don't sound like Creed? (I told you they didn't, but what the hell...) So correct me if I'm wrong, but this has been our conversation now:

Me - It sucks that Stapp will play Creed songs on tour, I think it's a lack of creativity.
You - So you must think the same about AB since they try to sound like Creed on the radio. (Which by the way had nothing to do with what I said)
Me - Well, I really don't think they do, but Mark wrote all the music for both Creed and AB and that might be the reason why you think they sound a like.
You - No, I don't think that and Mark himself said they don't. (Which means you, all of a sudden, just changed your opinion totally)

So are you trying to start a fight, do you have problems understanding english or are you just plain stupid?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-10-2005 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #239
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey, Lith, let's go easy on the name-calling, k? Thanks.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:19 AM   #240
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah okay... Sorry... Sometimes I do go too far...

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor