++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-07-2005, 05:23 PM   #181
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) So according to your all mighty thoughts that are above right and wrong you're saying it's ok to compare Myles to Stapp if the first sang Creed songs but it's totally wrong if anyone but not you or indigosteve makes the same comparisson the other way around ???

No, wasn't saying that.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #182
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
I would like to give an example here Stevie Nicks was in fleetwood mac when she wrote landslide and I saw her do this at ceasars palace in las vegas 4 times this summer, and it was amazing the crowd went nuts! and it was incredible! so if Stapp does something like What If at his shows I can't wait! and for those who don't care to here him do old creed songs well then don't pay to go to his shows? thats pretty much your choice?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:30 PM   #183
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i don't mind him doing the songs, i just think on this radio promo for his new album he should stick to new songs...maybe that's cause we haven't heard any of his new stuff, other than TGD, and i want to hear more...but even if not that, it just seems weird for him to do creed to promote solo stapp.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:27 PM   #184
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) No, wasn't saying that.

Then you were saying....?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #185
Chase
USER INFO »
Exactly, Chris Cornell has done both Soundgarden AND Rage Against the Machine Songs at Audioslave concerts. The same goes for Scott Weiland in Velvet Revolver... he's done Stone Temple Pilot songs.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:18 AM   #186
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Ive made this statement many times, and i will make it one more time. I think that stapp shouldnt do any creed songs. Basically because that is utter disrespect to Alter Bridge and Creed fans. Think about it. If you were in a highly sucessful band, sold millions of albums, made millions of dollars, then split up, would you want one of the other members of the band capitalizing off of your blood, sweat, and tears. Last i checked, Scott stapp doesnt play guitar (very well) drums, or bass....So what gives Goneblind the right to play the backing instruments to the songs that Tremonti, Flip, and Marshall made. Its absurd to think that stapp would do that. Before you think that what im saying is "one sided" think about what you would do if you and one of your friends wrote an awesome story for literature class, and then the next day your friend walked into the classroom, handed in the entire story, and got credit for something that you worked on as well.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 10-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #187
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Ive made this statement many times, and i will make it one more time. I think that stapp shouldnt do any creed songs. Basically because that is utter disrespect to Alter Bridge
why should he care about alter bridge fans?
Quote: and Creed fans.
If creed fans pay to hear his concert knowing that he will play a couple creed songs, they probably don't mind.
Quote: Think about it. If you were in a highly sucessful band, sold millions of albums, made millions of dollars, then split up, would you want one of the other members of the band capitalizing off of your blood, sweat, and tears.
how would he be capitalizing off it? I doubt he will sell many tickets to people who want to sit through the majority of a concert just to hear 1 or 2 songs at the end. They will most likely be paying to hear his new stuff. A couple of covers will just be a bonus.
Quote: Last i checked, Scott stapp doesnt play guitar (very well) drums, or bass....So what gives Goneblind the right to play the backing instruments to the songs that Tremonti, Flip, and Marshall made. Its absurd to think that stapp would do that. Before you think that what im saying is "one sided" think about what you would do if you and one of your friends wrote an awesome story for literature class, and then the next day your friend walked into the classroom, handed in the entire story, and got credit for something that you worked on as well.
How would credit be taken away from the other guys? Nobody can replace them. Plus from another thread, I think it is the consensus that gone blind sucked playing Higher for the nascar awards (I thought they did too). Unless they just didn't have time to practice it enough, I don't think many people will want to hear Creed songs with that setup. I don't think it is absurd that the former lead singer covers a few songs for the fans if it doesn't suck like previously mentioned. Probably won't ever be the same or as good, but it might be cool with a decent band behind him.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:55 AM   #188
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Well, apparently someone wouldnt mind if their friend stole their homework assignment. Believe me, i kinda like stapp, dont really dig his new song that much, but its ok. He was a part of a band that i loved for years, and to be quite honest with you, if i do get tickets to a show of his, and he does play a creed song, i will be the first to boo his ass off the stage. Its a musician thing, you have to be a musician in order to respect another musicians point of view on this kind of matter. I dont respect scott stapp for deciding to play creed songs on tour, and i think that overall, he will recieve a lot of bad feedback for it. Would you still respect him if he put a creed song on his new album. Believe me, if Alter bridge played creed songs on tour, i would lose quite a bit of respect for them, and mark tremonti is the reason i play guitar today. Scott stapp is my vocal influence, it takes a lot for a musician to lose respect for an influence, but stapp crossed a very bad line with me when he did Higher with Gonedeaf, i mean blind, at that Nascar award show.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 10-08-2005, 09:55 AM   #189
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
I think you are just a wannabee! and I cant wait to hear the creed songs he wrote and is planning on performing! we want creed songs! you are in the minority here. and if you know he's doing creed songs and dont want to hear them then don't go! you aren't welcome trust me! and alter bridge live well I saw them and they were lousy no magic here...

Last edited by INDIGOSTEVE : 10-08-2005 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:33 PM   #190
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) I think you are just a wannabee!

A wannabe what? Your intelligent comments are underwhelming in quantity.

Quote: and I cant wait to hear the creed songs he wrote and is planning on performing!

Good for you.

Quote: we want creed songs!

No, YOU want Creed songs.

Quote: you are in the minority here.

Don't let the fact that you are on a SCOTT STAPP board fool you. No Stapp fan will EVER be in the majority on ANYTHING related to him. The majority either hates his guts, is sick of him, or doesn't even remember him. And for the sake of argument let's say you were in the majority. Would that change anything? Uh... NO. The majority means that more people agree with you then disagree. It doesn't make it right or wrong.

Quote: and if you know he's doing creed songs and dont want to hear them then don't go!

Good advice, that. But it is not the point. The point is that he is mooching off of other's success. I could not really care about Creed songs in the first place since I think 3/4 of them suck. But if I was in a band, wrote ALL of the music to EVERY song, then split up, made my own band and let the old band R.I.P., I would be rather ticked off if someone else went around living off of my hits. So would you. You just let your personal bias stand in the way of your judgement.

Quote: you aren't welcome trust me!

Like you have any business saying anything like that. Your arrogance and lack of civility are OVERwhelming.

Quote: and alter bridge live well I saw them and they were lousy no magic here...

What is it with Stapp fans and cheap shots? This has nothing to do with Alter Bridge's live show. Who gives a crap about AB's live show? First off, they do put on a heck of a show, but second, why on Earth would you bring that up? The only possible reason would be to piss people off, and in that you succeeded. You pissed me off. And you can ask Ana4Stapp what happens to people who piss me off
Old 10-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #191
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Last edited by INDIGOSTEVE : 10-08-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #192
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) You pissed me off. And you can ask Ana4Stapp what happens to people who piss me off

LOL Uncertain!!! You want me to say that all of them were ...BANNED???
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #193
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
So you are going to ban people for their opinions because they aren't the same as yours?
Old 10-08-2005, 01:57 PM   #194
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) I think you are just a wannabee! and I cant wait to hear the creed songs he wrote and is planning on performing! we want creed songs! you are in the minority here. and if you know he's doing creed songs and dont want to hear them then don't go! you aren't welcome trust me! and alter bridge live well I saw them and they were lousy no magic here...

YOU want Creed songs. Creed is over, Creed were 4 people and NOT just an individual. If Stapp would love Creed that much he would respect the fact that Creed wasnt just himself but obviously hes just a selfish person. Thats why i couldnt never go to one of his gig cause i dont respect him even like a musician. Even like musician his only sell himself as that he was and not cause his new material. If thats the way is gonna be, he cant count that i will be buying his cd.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:24 PM   #195
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) So you are going to ban people for their opinions because they aren't the same as yours?

I don't ban anybody. I am not a moderator or anything close. There is just this weird problem of everyone who ever gets into a big argument with me getting banned... seriously, it is like an epidemic.