++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-07-2005, 04:42 AM   #166
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) myles couldn't do justice to any creed songs, and if you don't want to see him then don't go to his shows! AB did covers and myles doing zepplins was a joke!

We are not interested to see Myles sing Creed songs...we wanna see Myles sing what hes singing now...AB songs.

About that thise Zeppelin covers were a joke....i would like to see you singing those...if you despise so much Myles how you know how he sang? I can't believe you went to an AB gig in the way you hate them. If that the case i think you are def, Myles is even better live.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #167
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) myles couldn't do justice to any creed songs,

Comparing Stapp singing creed songs and myles singing creed songs is like apples and oranges. As already evidenced in this forum, creed fans wouldn't mind listening or seeing Stapp sing Creed songs as long as the band can play them. They know that Stapp is Creed for many people. A writer from an article even said Stapp defined the band:

"In four months, Alter Bridge has risen from the smoldering pyre that was Creed, the most commercially successful rock group of recent years. The offering was Scott Stapp, whose voice and likeness defined the band but whose ideals, priorities and health no longer fit its mission".
http://www.alterbridgeband.net/media...ikedaniel.html

AB knows this and isn't happy about it. They also know that the reason they sold so many records is because of Stapp. Where would Creed be without all the "christian/spiritual" fans?

"One of Creed's trademarks was the spiritual, almost religious, underpinning of many of the lyrics. According to Tremonti, that was Stapp's doing, not his."

"Our songs are just about the human condition. Just about everyday, and about life. Creed was more poetic; Scott, in his lyrics, would always relate them to the verses in the Bible. I don't know the Bible, so Myles and I write from our personal experiences; that's all we really know how to do. It's not quite as poetic and theatrical as the Creed stuff."
http://www.alterbridgeband.net/media...ceJournal.html

Last edited by jmhonline : 10-07-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #168
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: AB knows this and isn't happy about it. They also know that the reason they sold so many records is because of Stapp. Where would Creed be without all the "christian/spiritual" fans?

so you speculate...you don't know shit about what they think cause you're not them and you don't know them.

my guess is that Creed would've still been big without the "christian/spiritual" fans...they weren't ALL "christian/spiritual" fans.

Quote: myles doing zepplins was a joke!

LMAO!! thanks for the laugh, i needed that today. that is pure opinion on your part there.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #169
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) so you speculate...you don't know shit about what they think cause you're not them and you don't know them.

its a free country. I can speculate all I want. The facts speak for themselves.

Quote: my guess is that Creed would've still been big without the "christian/spiritual" fans...they weren't ALL "christian/spiritual" fans.
big is a relative term. I think they would have been "successful" but not even close with Stapp.
Quote: LMAO!! thanks for the laugh, i needed that today. that is pure opinion on your part there.
just call it as I see it as you do.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:26 PM   #170
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: LMAO!! thanks for the laugh, i needed that today. that is pure opinion on your part there.
just call it as I see it as you do.

that's not me quoting you...lol

and i'm done now, i don't want steve to close another thread. as he said, this has been argued before...i wasn't around for it, but i don't want to rehash it anymore.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #171
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) and i'm done now, i don't want steve to close another thread. as he said, this has been argued before...i wasn't around for it, but i don't want to rehash it anymore.

If you were done and didn't want to rehash it anymore, you wouldn't have joined in the discussion and made yet another reply attacking people who don't think like you do.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #172
Creed7352
USER INFO »
riiiight.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #173
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) If you were done and didn't want to rehash it anymore, you wouldn't have joined in the discussion and made yet another reply attacking people who don't think like you do.
and aren't you doing the same thing???
Old 10-07-2005, 03:33 PM   #174
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) and aren't you doing the same thing???

? Go back and ready my initial reply to indigo. i wasn't attacking him. I was adding to his comments in support
Old 10-07-2005, 03:35 PM   #175
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) myles couldn't do justice to any creed songs, and if you don't want to see him then don't go to his shows! AB did covers and myles doing zepplins was a joke!
And Stapp wouldn't do justice to any AB or M4 song...

What doors fans think of Stapp singing Roadhouse Blues or Riders on the Storm??? I bet they'd rather listen to the original.

doh... your "logic" is illogical... Did you ever hear the word "biased" ?
Old 10-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #176
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) ? Go back and ready my initial reply to indigo. i wasn't attacking him. I was adding to his comments in support
I'm talking about you and Ryan (Creed7532).
Old 10-07-2005, 03:43 PM   #177
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) And Stapp wouldn't do justice to any AB or M4 song...

What doors fans think of Stapp singing Roadhouse Blues or Riders on the Storm??? I bet they'd rather listen to the original.

doh... your "logic" is illogical... Did you ever hear the word "biased" ?

Have you? You shouldn't speak of logic with comments like stapp singing ab or m4 songs.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #178
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I said it with sarcasm, using your "logic". You should've noticed it.

Unless you want me to draw it for you so you can understand... :lol
Old 10-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #179
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I said it with sarcasm, using your "logic". You should've noticed it.

Unless you want me to draw it for you so you can understand... :lol

my response to your comment doesn't hinge on whether you were being sarcastic or not.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:16 PM   #180
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by indigosteve) myles couldn't do justice to any creed songs, and if you don't want to see him then don't go to his shows! AB did covers and myles doing zepplins was a joke!
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) Go back and ready my initial reply to indigo. i wasn't attacking him. I was adding to his comments in support
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you? You shouldn't speak of logic with comments like stapp singing ab or m4 songs.

So according to your all mighty thoughts that are above right and wrong you're saying it's ok to compare Myles to Stapp if the first sang Creed songs but it's totally wrong if anyone but not you or indigosteve makes the same comparisson the other way around ???