++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 01-12-2006, 01:49 AM   #1
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Iran

I am going to be completely honest with you. I am completely, utterly scared. Now, I've not seen a ghost, there's no boogeyman under the bed. This is a real fright, and I am more than certain that most of you share this fear with me. I can even sum it up in one word for you:
Iran.
That's right. The powers that be in Tehran has been warning for quite some time now of restarting its nuclear project. And no matter how many times President Ahmadinejad reaffirms the world that Iran's nuclear plans involve only fuel matters, I still get that same cold chill up my spine every time I read a news headline about the growing threat of Iran.
Who here remembers the term “nip in the bud”? Is that simply old lingo that no longer applies to policy and safety? I remember speeches made on the subject of the global war on terror and many phrases like, “we will strike them before they strike us”. Pardon me, but I believe it's time to live up to that train of thought.
Any nation that publicly announces that Israel should be “wiped off the map” and wants America to be either an Islamic state of a pile of rubble, I view as a big threat that I would like taken care of immediately.
Now, I know that international law takes time and energy, but are we really going to let this threat sit and slowly boil over? Think of it as a volcano: it's inevitable that the mountain is going to blow. With that information, you can make an educated judgement on the best way to evacuate any urbanized local area, sparing many lives.
Iran is that volcano, growing more and more disrupting every day. Tehran has removed the UN seals from its nuclear facilities and is on its way to making enriched uranium, or as many of us know it, “yellow cake” -- the main ingredient for nuclear-grade weapons. All this is only a further development in an ongoing crisis.
So, this volcano, it's prepared for eruption. Are we going to make the best judgement to save thousands, if not more, lives? Something needs to happen real soon, or we may be looking into another gaping hole in American soil.
A pre-emptive strike is the only option if diplomacy continues its downward spiral. And, despite the actions of the UN, America has America's best interest at heart, and will do whatever it takes to divert another 9/11.
Iran needs to be held accountable for their current course of action. For a nation's leader to come outright and claim that another nation needs to be wiped off the map, with America following suit, accountability needs to start now.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Iran

Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) I am going to be completely honest with you. I am completely, utterly scared. Now, I've not seen a ghost, there's no boogeyman under the bed. This is a real fright, and I am more than certain that most of you share this fear with me. I can even sum it up in one word for you:
Iran.
That's right. The powers that be in Tehran has been warning for quite some time now of restarting its nuclear project. And no matter how many times President Ahmadinejad reaffirms the world that Iran's nuclear plans involve only fuel matters, I still get that same cold chill up my spine every time I read a news headline about the growing threat of Iran.
Who here remembers the term “nip in the bud”? Is that simply old lingo that no longer applies to policy and safety? I remember speeches made on the subject of the global war on terror and many phrases like, “we will strike them before they strike us”. Pardon me, but I believe it's time to live up to that train of thought.
Any nation that publicly announces that Israel should be “wiped off the map” and wants America to be either an Islamic state of a pile of rubble, I view as a big threat that I would like taken care of immediately.
Now, I know that international law takes time and energy, but are we really going to let this threat sit and slowly boil over? Think of it as a volcano: it's inevitable that the mountain is going to blow. With that information, you can make an educated judgement on the best way to evacuate any urbanized local area, sparing many lives.
Iran is that volcano, growing more and more disrupting every day. Tehran has removed the UN seals from its nuclear facilities and is on its way to making enriched uranium, or as many of us know it, “yellow cake” -- the main ingredient for nuclear-grade weapons. All this is only a further development in an ongoing crisis.
So, this volcano, it's prepared for eruption. Are we going to make the best judgement to save thousands, if not more, lives? Something needs to happen real soon, or we may be looking into another gaping hole in American soil.
A pre-emptive strike is the only option if diplomacy continues its downward spiral. And, despite the actions of the UN, America has America's best interest at heart, and will do whatever it takes to divert another 9/11.
Iran needs to be held accountable for their current course of action. For a nation's leader to come outright and claim that another nation needs to be wiped off the map, with America following suit, accountability needs to start now.

'Something needs to happen real soon' ... so you, of course with the best interest at your heart suggest something ...like ...invading Iran?
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
revisfoot
USER INFO »

I would much rather attack them over there than them coming over here and attacking us first. They have alaid out their plans; Iran knows what they want. Their president has expressed it multiple times -- he wants Israel gone, with America to follow suit. I refuse that. I will fight against that hateful ideology in the streets of my neighborhood if it came to that. But, it won't come to that, because we, America, will "nip it in the bud." We will not be bullied by some evildoer in the middle east.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

So you can stop violence (war) with MORE violence (war)???????? Good idea!! Good christian idea!!!!!!!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) So you can stop violence (war) with MORE violence (war)???????? Good idea!! Good christian idea!!!!!!!

Yeah... if I'm not mistaken, war stopped Adolf Hitler and the Nazi warmachine. If peace, survival, and the future of the Western world rests on stopping this anti-Semitic madman by force... then so be it.

Here's some quotes from President Ahmadinejad regarding Jews and the nation of Israel:

"Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement. We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine. Is it possible to create a new front in the heart of an old front. This would be a defeat and whoever accepts the legitimacy of this regime has in fact, signed the defeat of the Islamic world. Our dear Imam targeted the heart of the world oppressor in his struggle, meaning the occupying regime. I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world. But we must be aware of tricks."

"Some European countries insist on saying that during World War II, Hitler burned millions of Jews and put them in concentration camps," Ahmadinejad said. "Any historian, commentator or scientist who doubts that is taken to prison or gets condemned. Although we don't accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, if the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe—like in Germany, Austria or other countries—to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe. You offer part of Europe and we will support it."

"If the Europeans are telling the truth in their claim that they have killed six million Jews in the Holocaust during the World War II - which seems they are right in their claim because they insist on it and arrest and imprison those who oppose it, why should the Palestinian nation pay for the crime. Why have they come to the very heart of the Islamic world and are committing crimes against the dear Palestine using their bombs, rockets, missiles and sanctions. [...] The same European countries have imposed the illegally-established Zionist regime on the oppressed nation of Palestine. If you have committed the crimes so give a piece of your land somewhere in Europe or America and Canada or Alaska to them to set up their own state there. Then the Iranian nation will have no objections, will stage no rallies on the Qods Day and will support your decision."

"They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets. The West has given more significance to the myth of the genocide of the Jews, even more significant than God, religion, and the prophets, (it) deals very severely with those who deny this myth but does not do anything to those who deny God, religion, and the prophet. If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel. Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?"

I honestly believe that one of the main reasons why he is adamantly pursuing a nuclear program is to possibly attack Israel. He has a track record that proves that he is anti-Semitic and will do everything in his power to get Jews our of the Middle East.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #6
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Yeah... if I'm not mistaken, war stopped Adolf Hitler and the Nazi warmachine. If peace, survival, and the future of the Western world rests on stopping this anti-Semitic madman by force... then so be it.

They were a real threat, Chase ! They needed to be stopped! And before you say Im defending Iran president or Hitler or Osama...(as you always do ) I am not! Of course not, because everyone who knows a little thing about History in 20 sec. cant defend those KILLERS!!! This is not my point!
But c'mon --you know US can stop Iran without starting a war! even though Im a litlle confused about when Bush received this role of 'hero' to play throughout the planet...

Listen I CAN (not agree ) understand Afeghanistan invaded by US...because america was attacked first in 11/09 ...but I cant undesrtand invading a country like a pre-attack...Its insane!

Just a note: Before someone ( not Chase --- well, I hope!) says something to me like "shut up'" my mouth because Im not american -- Im a foreign that lives in this same world affected by zillions of wars...including the ones started by Bush!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »

Ahmadinejad is a man that has called the Holocaust a "myth." He has stated that he wants to wipe Jews in Israel off the face of the Earth. The man has a lot of similarities to Adolf Hitler... in terms of racial cleansing. Tell me how Iran isn't a "real threat," but German was? What if Iran attacks Israel... or nations like Jordan and Iraq? Is diplomacy hasn't stopped Iran yet, what makes you think that diplomacy will work in the future? Iran's defiance has already prompted the desires for economic sanctions coming from Great Britain, the United States, France, and Germany. It's bad enough that Russia has already decided to send $1 billion worth of arms to Iran. If Iran will be defiant, how long do you expect the Western world to put up with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

Here's an article about how Iran decided not to show up at a meeting with Mohamed ElBaradei, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna, Austria:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180776,00.html
Old 01-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #8
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Ahmadinejad is a man that has called the Holocaust a "myth." He has stated that he wants to wipe Jews in Israel off the face of the Earth. The man has a lot of similarities to Adolf Hitler... in terms of racial cleansing. Tell me how Iran isn't a "real threat," but German was? What if Iran attacks Israel... or nations like Jordan and Iraq? Is diplomacy hasn't stopped Iran yet, what makes you think that diplomacy will work in the future? Iran's defiance has already prompted the desires for economic sanctions coming from Great Britain, the United States, France, and Germany. It's bad enough that Russia has already decided to send $1 billion worth of arms to Iran. If Iran will be defiant, how long do you expect the Western world to put up with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

Here's an article about how Iran decided not to show up at a meeting with Mohamed ElBaradei, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna, Austria:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180776,00.html

Read that: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10803220/
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #9
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Some additional points here, Chase:

1) Its pretty obvious that Iran (nuclear program) needs to be stopped, their president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has an horrible rhetoric that cant become true. Hes a fascist who cant be supported by anyone and I also hope that he can be take off the power. No one is denying this.

2) Its also obvious that Europe needs to do something , because they cant keep trying to ignore (they took too much time ignoring Hitler's intentions)this situation and we should have in our minds that Europe (EU) is the major Irans economical partner. At least 4% ( or about it) of Europe's importations (energetics products) are from Iran. But also Europe is the principal font of foreign capital to Iran. So this is an area that governements can do 'something'.

3) Europe also has a politic power in Ira. Iran always recognized Europe like a 'protection' to avoid U.S. power. So Europe needs to act in this situation, maybe like in 1997, when all the EU ambassadors left Teerah (?) --what resulted in the end of the governement's support to fatwa ( aiatola Khomeini) condenning Salman Rushdie to death. Why not do the same?

4) I think taht a military intervention in Iran is not the best option (even to US) because its not an easy thing! I read ( sorry - Im not an expert in military strategy ) that a bombardment to destroy research center is pretty unlikely, because they (principal ones) are located at subterranean bases!!!!

5) And Maybe U.S. wont have enough conditions to guide a intevention in Iran because US are still involved in Iraq's case, unless Bush decides that Iran is much more urgent than Iraq now. Of course with european support things can change...

Finally, Its not only very hard but also very dangerous because a military intervention could be as result the increasing of the retaliation against all the ocidentals interests in the Middle East what btw will reflect in Iraq --which means the increasing of the anti-american feeling in that problematic area.

Think it over!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 01-12-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:33 AM   #10
revisfoot
USER INFO »

I submitted my essay to the local newspaper (edited and reviewed, of course). And, Ana, I must say, I trust Kofi Anan about as far as I can throw him. That is a corrupt, corrupt man. Oil for Food, anyone?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #11
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) I submitted my essay to the local newspaper (edited and reviewed, of course). And, Ana, I must say, I trust Kofi Anan about as far as I can throw him. That is a corrupt, corrupt man. Oil for Food, anyone?

Hey I never said I was a Kofi Anan fan or something ...what I said is that we (world) need to avoid starting new war ...for the reasons I put above.

And I'd like to see your essay (or a link) posted here ...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-13-2006, 01:51 AM   #12
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Hey I never said I was a Kofi Anan fan or something ...what I said is that we (world) need to avoid starting new war ...for the reasons I put above.

And I'd like to see your essay (or a link) posted here ...

And we're trying to avoid one... but it's kind of hard when you have a defiant, racist regime that's trying to start a nuclear weapons program.

If a war with Iran starts... it'll be bigger than the United States. It possibly may be Israel's decision to attack Iran before the United States. I predict that if a war occurs, the major players will be Israel, Great Britain, the United States, France, Germany, and some other Middle Eastern nations that are allies of the U.S. In addition, I also think that Japan will participate. Iran's support will come from Islamic extremists and possible financial and military support from Russia. The anti-Semitic remarks from Iran's president have offended not only Israel, but also Europeans because that whole continent was heavily impacted by World War II and the Holocaust. You let this guy continue, and there is a major chance that will see a Persian Hitler.

Last edited by Chase : 01-13-2006 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #13
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) And we're trying to avoid one... but it's kind of hard when you have a defiant, racist regime that's trying to start a nuclear weapons program.

If a war with Iran starts... it'll be bigger than the United States. It possibly may be Israel's decision to attack Iran before the United States. I predict that if a war occurs, the major players will be Israel, Great Britain, the United States, France, Germany, and some other Middle Eastern nations that are allies of the U.S. In addition, I also think that Japan will participate. Iran's support will come from Islamic extremists and possible financial and military support from Russia. The anti-Semitic remarks from Iran's president have offended not only Israel, but also Europeans because that whole continent was heavily impacted by World War II and the Holocaust. You let this guy continue, and there is a major chance that will see a Persian Hitler.

Read this:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10803220/

I honestly think that you are very confident about a possible war, Chase. Maybe its too early to decide for it.Even Condoleezza Rice seems to thinks about the U.N. Security Council to punish Tehran. Not necessarily a war...And probably US involvement in Iraq is one of the causes to avoid it.

“To quote the White House ‘Iran is not Iraq’,” Straw(British Foreign Secretary) said in an interview with the British Broadcasting Corp.

He added that while Iran could face Security Council sanctions for resuming its nuclear activities, military action is not being considered.

“This can only be resolved by peaceful means. Nobody is talking about invading Iran or taking military action,” he said."
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #14
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase)
If a war with Iran starts... it'll be bigger than the United States. It possibly may be Israel's decision to attack Iran before the United States. I predict that if a war occurs, the major players will be Israel, Great Britain, the United States, France, Germany, and some other Middle Eastern nations that are allies of the U.S.

One more thing: Do you think that Israel is ready to get involved in a new war at this moment? I mean --when they can barely knows about their leader, since the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is still seriously sick and Kadima seems to be in a crossroad concerning to the future elections... What direction israelli politics will take without Sharon? Do you believe that Ehud Olmert will carry on 'peacemaking' efforts with the Palestinians? Whats this countrys future? I mean, I seriously doubt that Sharon can return to his post...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »

war is an awful idea. it really won't change anything. israel, too, must be prevented from invading or attacking iran. i know they might be scared about calls to wipe out the jewish population, but a war really won't solve any problems. for one, iran's terrain is far more harsh than iraq. it's not a big flat desert; there's miles and miles of mountains before even getting close to tehran.
as an alternative, i might propose some sort of subversion. the islamist republic has a very large population of young people who are more disposed and open towards western ideas and ideology. the us or the eu-3 (britain, france & germany) could help to plant the seeds of any rebellion. sort of like the bay of pigs, only more successful (one could only hope). there's also the people's muhajadeen e-kalq (sp?), an organization that, if i'm not mistaken, is still on the state dept's list of terrorist organizations. but they've really not done anything against the us in the past 15 years, and their efforts, of late, have been concentrated on overthrowing the islamic regime.
although iran, imo, is more dangerous than n. korea, i'm still not utterly terrified by tehran's threats. yes, they are obviously a threat to security in the middle east, but the islamist republic must certainly be aware that any nuclear attack they launch on the us or its allies will be met by some retaliation far more swift and brutal than some "shock and awe" or invasion.