++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Waxing Poetica
Today's Posts «

Old 05-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #1
GrafiTTied
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to GrafiTTied Send a message via Yahoo to GrafiTTied
would you care for one?

well in an attempt to make waxing poetica a more lively place i was wondering if we could have a lyrics competition. Though its going to need alot of cooperation from the administrators and forum diplomats.

if we have enough support i could lay out the rules on how it can be carried out and believe it can be alot of fun.
Im still quite skeptical about this suggestion since my idea about the art gallery was just passed over and not thought about ever again. But if i have sufficient support from you guys it can certainly be done.

thank you for your patience.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Re: would you care for one?

I was part of a similar thread before on another site, and my lyrics got ripped and posted other places I did not want them to be. That is why I dont post in the poetica thread. All of our songs are copyrighted, but its just a hassle.
I do think it would be cool to check out others stuff, though, and I wish that people woulda given the art gallery a shot even though I cant post on it either for lack of a way to do so.
Just curious: did you sketch your avatar? I have been meaning to ask you that for a while now. Its pretty cool.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #3
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

hey btw i like your avi its awsome man
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 05-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
GrafiTTied
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to GrafiTTied Send a message via Yahoo to GrafiTTied

yeah i did sketch my avatar, thanks guys.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #5
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

yours is cool man i love it but i was refering too metalchris25 it has the captavating aproach
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
nagpo
USER INFO »

no thanks
Old 05-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #7
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) no thanks
how comes could be fun ya know that sounded like a strong descision No Thanks
Old 05-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #8
GrafiTTied
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) no thanks
why not?
Old 05-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #9
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Just so he could post something negative, is my guess, because it shouldn't matter if someone doesn't want a certain thread, given the fact that they don't have to post in it.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:15 AM   #10
GrafiTTied
USER INFO »

do you think i should just start the competition and hope for some response?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #11
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

yes go right Ahead, if ya want ya dont want me to get the ball rolling you guys can go first i loves your stuff
Old 05-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #12
metalchris25
USER INFO »

What could it hurt?
Old 05-11-2006, 11:31 PM   #13
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
i,ll give it a try

come to me from the depth of the oceans roar for many treasure is still to be in store im wating where you left me by the sweet salvation of your voice uplift me in faith pick up whats left before they fall back into the many question that fill in my head that make the oceans part pick up the pieces before they hide again and depart back into the sea will you reach the bottom to pick up theme up for me Ok i got,er rolling whos next
Old 05-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #14
GrafiTTied
USER INFO »

no wait this is how i was thinking of conducting it.
i give you all a few weeks to do your song or poem and you send it to me either pm it or mail it. At the end of the submission deadline i will post the submitted entries and you will be given a few more days to vote for the best work. The lyricist with the most number of votes may win.
This is a very rough version of the rules I can make it more clearer if you guys give me the nod. Come on! you know what i'll hold the competition and depending on the response i will continue with it. If i get less than 7 entries i will call off the competition O.K?
Old 05-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #15
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
this sounds like fun

give us date so i can get started on mine .... im exploring my wrtings and i would love to hear opions and insights there is so much talent out there litttle young worms we must stay fresh ...i always like to stay ahead of the compatetion << or how ever ya spell it