++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
Scorpion King
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stapp and AB's relationship

Besides the obvious fact that they aren't in the same band anymore, what is the relationship between Stapp and his former bandmates? Are they still friends? Do they hate each other's guts? Do they have no relationship at all? What's the deal?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Re: Stapp and AB's relationship

I don't think there is much of a relationship there. Stapp seems to be willing to reconcile, but Mark, Flip and Brian don't feel the same way. Or at least that's what I last heard.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

pretty sad if they dont... hopefully they can put difference aside and shake on things... continue moving on...... One... oh one.... remember the lyrics guys..... stand behind it....
Old 10-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
J.T.
USER INFO »

I don't think they talk to each other at all. At least that's the impression I get.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

No No Day All Good
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 11-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Read an interview with Myles and Mark in the latest issue of...some magazine >.> But anyway, predictably, they asked Mark about whether he still speaks to Stapp or not, and Mark was all "He texts me every so often to wish us luck and all, but I've heard it all before...I can't trust the guy..." and the what-forth.

So I'll let that speak for itself.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 AM   #7
number1
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer) Read an interview with Myles and Mark in the latest issue of...some magazine >.> But anyway, predictably, they asked Mark about whether he still speaks to Stapp or not, and Mark was all "He texts me every so often to wish us luck and all, but I've heard it all before...I can't trust the guy..." and the what-forth.

So I'll let that speak for itself.

that's kinda mean of mark. at least scott is doing his part...

i think mark gotta look at their song again and think whether he believe what he wrote or not

"Seems to me that we've got each other wrong
Was the enemy just your brother all along?...(Rise Today: Blackbird)"
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 AM   #8
Chase
USER INFO »

In all honesty, it seems like Mark has gotten more of a chip on his shoulder. I love the guy... but it just seems like he won't say anything nice about Stapp, ever. I mean, they were pretty young when they started playing music together... they must have been close at one point. If Stapp is, in fact, making an effort to be friendly... I don't see why Mark can't return the favor.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #9
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) In all honesty, it seems like Mark has gotten more of a chip on his shoulder. I love the guy... but it just seems like he won't say anything nice about Stapp, ever. I mean, they were pretty young when they started playing music together... they must have been close at one point. If Stapp is, in fact, making an effort to be friendly... I don't see why Mark can't return the favor.
I kind of agree. I'm not saying they should be best friends and reform creed. but when stapp texts you and wishes you good luck, say thanks.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #10
J-Man
USER INFO »

You ever have someone do you wrong and when they try to come back into the picture, it's usually because they want something from you? You have to ask yourself; is this person sincere, or just looking to fullfill his or her own selfish needs? Sometimes when you give someone so many chances, is it really worth it when you know what to expect? Is it really worth all the hassle and grief? Let those who are negative in your life go. Life goes on, move on is what I say. If I were Mark I'd do the same - as a matter of fact I have, but with the negative people in my life.

What's that old saying? He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. Think about your own lives before you pass judgement.

Last edited by J-Man : 11-11-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #11
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) You ever have someone do you wrong and when they try to come back into the picture, it's usually because they want something from you? You have to ask yourself; is this person sincere, or just looking to fullfill his or her own selfish needs? Sometimes when you give someone so many chances, is it really worth it when you know what to expect? Is it really worth all the hassle and grief? Let those who are negative in your life go. Life goes on, move on is what I say. If I were Mark I'd do the same - as a matter of fact I have, but with the negative people in my life.

What's that old saying? He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. Think about your own lives before you pass judgement.
I see what you're saying, but what does stapp gain by saying "good luck" when there about to perform in alter bridge? Mark has already stated no more creed. from what it looks like, stapp is just trying to stay in contact, be friendly, be nice and not look jaded over the break up.

Stapp is just keeping himself open, it's up to tremo. Allthough i see where he is coming from to. I just think they shouldnt cut eachother out their lives just yet. Stapps got some room to grow, he's made some progress, he hasnt done anything terrible or drug related in a couple of months. Tremo needs to forgive stapp, but once again that could never happen.

I think they should all grow up.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #12
J-Man
USER INFO »

That's your interpretation about Stapp, you don't know his true agenda, none of us do. History speaks for itself and I'm going with the re-run of this same episode. People can forgive others, but they don't necessarily have to become buddies again you know what I mean?

There was a story I read too about Stapp and how he treated his fans. Should those fans who were hurt by Stapp forgive him for crushing thier dreams when they met him in person? I bet he wants their forgiveness now too because those were the people who helped him succeed and now they are gone because he wasn't the person whom they believed him to be. A wound may heal, but a scar will always remain.

Last edited by J-Man : 11-11-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #13
titan9
USER INFO »

No one knows Stapp's true intention. That's true. But if he is reaching out, trying to make an effort to atone for his past mistakes (and there are a lot of them), I don't see why Mark can't simply say "Thanks for the well wishes." Why does he have to add something less than nice like "I can't trust the guy". I mean, seriously, that's not really professional and, if anything, it gives off the impression that Mark is being a jerk. I know Mark has a lot to be angry about--just the Chicago incident alone--but eventually, you gotta bury the hatchet and move on. You gotta be civil. I just wish both sides would practice a little civility.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #14
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) There was a story I read too about Stapp and how he treated his fans. Should those fans who were hurt by Stapp forgive him for crushing thier dreams when they met him in person? I bet he wants their forgiveness now too because those were the people who helped him succeed and now they are gone because he wasn't the person whom they believed him to be. A wound may heal, but a scar will always remain.

In Stapp's defense (and I rarely defend Stapp anymore, lol), most/all of those stories occurred during the Creed days when he wasn't very kind to anyone. If you've read first hand accounts of meeting Stapp since the break-up, I'd venture to say that 99% of them are positive. People DO change. And forgiveness is warranted when someone has changed and is sorry for what happened before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mark a Christian? You bring up the "He who is without sin, cast the first stone" quote. You do know this goes both ways, right? Mark isn't without sin, so who is he to pass judgment on Stapp? Or vice versa? You can't use this quote to justify Mark's actions, because it does not. Forgiveness is something ALL believers in Christ must practice. Mark should forgive Stapp, period. This doesn't mean Mark needs to invite Stapp back into his life, but rather it means that he needs to let go of all the anger he has toward Stapp and just move forward.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #15
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) No one knows Stapp's true intention. That's true. But if he is reaching out, trying to make an effort to atone for his past mistakes (and there are a lot of them), I don't see why Mark can't simply say "Thanks for the well wishes." Why does he have to add something less than nice like "I can't trust the guy". I mean, seriously, that's not really professional and, if anything, it gives off the impression that Mark is being a jerk. I know Mark has a lot to be angry about--just the Chicago incident alone--but eventually, you gotta bury the hatchet and move on. You gotta be civil. I just wish both sides would practice a little civility.
agreed.