++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-04-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
everything turned out for the best?

i was one of many i think who was really bummed when i initially heard of creed's demise and yes well before the official confirmation. my second fav band was gone and not likely to come back and i couldn't work out why.

now i see it as a blessing in disguise because i think both parties are better off. tremonti and flip are back with marshall and making more mature and diverse rock with a vocalist who is great. stapp is making music (at least for one song) with one of his fav bands and gets to work alone a bit more which is good for his creative freedom amongst other things. even wind-up doesn't really suffer 2 for the price of one with each camp targeted at different audiences save for us. the future looks bright.....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-04-2004, 12:18 PM   #2
shunammite
USER INFO »
Well miss ego here would always rather things turn out MY WAY...which would have been no break up and ever increasing success, personal and public, for all of them...bringing Brian back in and keeping Brett too, lol...

But I know people need trouble as much as they need success...to really be all they can be...and I hope it's all good for all of them.

I'm just so glad that Stapp was able to do something so good...he wasn't kidding at Chicago, I'm sure he felt devastated...

I sure hope they can all get past all bitterness toward one another, if there is any...
Old 08-04-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
I'mRational
USER INFO »
the break-up is the best thing that happened for all of them.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
The break-up was pure gold to Wind-Up. Now they can make money out of 3 artists instead of one. (Creed compilation, AB and SS)

But to me... I still have the void Creed left and AB didn't fill it to the border...
Old 08-04-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) But to me... I still have the void Creed left and AB didn't fill it to the border...
I agree. Nothing IMO can replace what Creed has done, or ever could have done.

Now that I look back, I think it was a destine to happen. Don't gripe at me for this, but in a way I think the breakup all started with hilary. When she started giving stapp problems, I just think he wasn't focused much on the music as he was his home life. That agrivated Mark and Flip, and whalla....bye bye creed. But, the reason I think it was destine, is for one without hilary we wouldn't have Jagger, and without Jagger we wouldn't have WAWO, and without WAWO Creed probably wouldn't have been such a big success.
I'm sure there was more to it than that, but I think that had something to do with some of it......whatever.

I miss Creed.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp

Last edited by Creed_Defaultgirl : 08-04-2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:17 PM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yep... everything happened too soon, too fast to the band. But I still keep thinking what would happen if they released a 4th album, not pushy, but from their hearts.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:51 PM   #7
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Of coruse when I first heard about the break up, I was really devestated. I was upset for them, mostly. I wasn't sure what was going to happen with their musical careers, and I was totally bummed that I would never get to see Creed live. And of course there is the end to the wonderful magic that Creed gave us.

But now, I am really happy for both Alter Bridge, and Scott. I can see that they are both happy with what they are doing, and getting on with the break up of Creed, it's good, Alter Bridge are going to be big, I can't wait to see what else is in store for them. It's exciting now. I still feel sad when I think that Creed won't be putting out any more albums, but not as sad as I was when I first heard.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006