++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-23-2005, 07:42 AM   #46
Johnnynips
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Someone Needs to Move on

Better quality product?, where do you get that from. I saw Bridge on Leno and Kennedy couldn't even sing a song without his voice breaking up. I am sorry if your into 80's bands kennedy would be the perfect lead singer, but thia is the year 2005, noone wants to hear a guy who has a horrible voice, try to fill in for one of the best lead singers of all time..Personally you think mark would have asked david draman of disturbed to sing on his album, at least it would have appealed to a lot more people.Honestly myles kennedy should still be singing for steel dragon in Rockstar, at least his voice fit for 70's and 80's rock. The thing that made creed such a success was that people could relate to their lyrics and music which moved so many millions of fans. I believe that it will only be a matter of time before mark realizes that he needs to reunite
Old 04-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #47
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Jnips, have you seen them live? I wasn't crazy about Myles at first either, but he is one hell of a performer. He lights up a room. Personally, I think Creed was mostly about Scott, but I think AB is mostly about Mark. Either way, enjoy what is comfortable to you. Are you still a Creed fan? Otherwise, and I don't mean this rudely, but why are you here?
BTW, I do agree about there being hits on Scott here and there.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #48
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) Better quality product?, where do you get that from. I saw Bridge on Leno and Kennedy couldn't even sing a song without his voice breaking up. I am sorry if your into 80's bands kennedy would be the perfect lead singer, but thia is the year 2005, noone wants to hear a guy who has a horrible voice, try to fill in for one of the best lead singers of all time..Personally you think mark would have asked david draman of disturbed to sing on his album, at least it would have appealed to a lot more people.Honestly myles kennedy should still be singing for steel dragon in Rockstar, at least his voice fit for 70's and 80's rock. The thing that made creed such a success was that people could relate to their lyrics and music which moved so many millions of fans. I believe that it will only be a matter of time before mark realizes that he needs to reunite

You. Are. The. Biggest. Friggin. Idiot. Ever.

First, modern rock SUCKS. I can switch nickleback with 3 doors down, with puddle of mudd, with Creed, with hoobastank, and never be able to tell the freaking difference. I don't CARE if a bunch of thirteen year old girls were touched by Creed's music, that doesn't make Scott Stapp a great singer and vocalist.

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about singing can tell you that Myles Kennedy blows Scott Stapp out of the water, by a LONGSHOT. Stapp has an INCREDIBLY average voice, certainly nothing special by ANY standards. Myles has one of the best voices to ever hit Rock and roll, and by far the best voice in modern rock.

Scott Stapp was DEFINITELY not one of the "best lead singers of all time", and even a die hard Creedfan would have to be on crack to say that. You can argue for his front man ability, his stage presence, or whatever, but his VOICE is by no means ANYTHING special.

And LOTS of people are smart enoguh to realize that Myles has got an incredible voice, you apparently not included. Your ridiculous generalization that no one wants to hear a guy from the eighties is ridiculous. Myles Kennedy sounds a lot like Chris Cornell, who is one of the most beloved signer of the nineties and early 00's.

Mark was not trying to APPEAL to a bunch of whiny no-nothing's like you when he picked Myles, he wanted the BEST SINGER POSSIBLE, and he GOT him. Your ignorance on issues of voice is so overbearing its unbelievable.

Creed will not get back togther because Mark doesn't want to "move" the masses of musically ignorant dopes like yourself. He wants to rock out, and without Stapp being the piece of junk that he is, Mark can finally do that.

Shut your mouth because you obviously know NOTHING about music. By your logic, Ashlee Simpson is a great singer with lots of talent because she is such a fiscal success and "millions" (of teenage girls) are "moved" by her.

Sorry for the rant, to all those wh apply (titan 9, BoC, Ana, etc.) but I could not listen to that garbage without getting upset.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:50 AM   #49
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) I meant the typical 80's singer with the ooohs ahhhhs, maybe if he didn't do those gay little things he wouldn't be half bad, but lets be serious the song writing ability isn't there..furthermore if you really listen to the lyrics most of the songs are the band taking shots at a certain former lead singer. I like alter bridge, you however cannot put them on the same plateau as creed, as this would be insane...plus they sold a total of 500,000 records as where creed sold about 45,000,000. Enought said , for the time being until a reunion happens i am happy to listen to the awesome guitar playing that I have always enjoyed.

You continue your ignorance. Guess who wrote the songs? MARK TREMONTI. It was not Myles Kennedy.

Creed was not a great band. They were an alternative rock post grunge band that sold millions of records. SO? Lots of bands do that. Heavy on the power chords, with boring throaty baritone voices, and very little musical complexity (because people like you, who buy records, can't HANDLE musical complexity apparently), but Creed was nothing special. I like MOP, I like select tracks from the other albums, but they were just another radio friendly band making the almighty buck with a singer whose ego was the size of the moon.

Alter Bridge has better drums, better guitar, better bass, MUCH better vocals, and better lyrics, although the lyrics are subjective. Indeed, putting Creed on the same plateau as AB would be downright sickening, as Creed belongs nowhere NEAR the level of Alter Bridge.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:51 PM   #50
GregS
USER INFO »
I miss Creed alot seeing as their my favourite band of all time but.. 2 good things have come out of them splitting.. ALter Bridge & Stapps solo carrer so its all good
Old 04-24-2005, 12:11 AM   #51
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) You. Are. The. Biggest. Friggin. Idiot. Ever.

First, modern rock SUCKS. I can switch nickleback with 3 doors down, with puddle of mudd, with Creed, with hoobastank, and never be able to tell the freaking difference. I don't CARE if a bunch of thirteen year old girls were touched by Creed's music, that doesn't make Scott Stapp a great singer and vocalist.

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about singing can tell you that Myles Kennedy blows Scott Stapp out of the water, by a LONGSHOT. Stapp has an INCREDIBLY average voice, certainly nothing special by ANY standards. Myles has one of the best voices to ever hit Rock and roll, and by far the best voice in modern rock.

Scott Stapp was DEFINITELY not one of the "best lead singers of all time", and even a die hard Creedfan would have to be on crack to say that. You can argue for his front man ability, his stage presence, or whatever, but his VOICE is by no means ANYTHING special.

And LOTS of people are smart enoguh to realize that Myles has got an incredible voice, you apparently not included. Your ridiculous generalization that no one wants to hear a guy from the eighties is ridiculous. Myles Kennedy sounds a lot like Chris Cornell, who is one of the most beloved signer of the nineties and early 00's.

Mark was not trying to APPEAL to a bunch of whiny no-nothing's like you when he picked Myles, he wanted the BEST SINGER POSSIBLE, and he GOT him. Your ignorance on issues of voice is so overbearing its unbelievable.

Creed will not get back togther because Mark doesn't want to "move" the masses of musically ignorant dopes like yourself. He wants to rock out, and without Stapp being the piece of junk that he is, Mark can finally do that.

Shut your mouth because you obviously know NOTHING about music. By your logic, Ashlee Simpson is a great singer with lots of talent because she is such a fiscal success and "millions" (of teenage girls) are "moved" by her.

Sorry for the rant, to all those wh apply (titan 9, BoC, Ana, etc.) but I could not listen to that garbage without getting upset.

Have one question. How can you talk so much trash about Creed and have MOP as your favorite album. Think you lost me way back on that post. Meaning I'm a huge AB fan. Saw em couple of months ago and it no doubt was the best, but how can you trash Creed, mostly Stapp, granted, and back AB, which is 3/4 Creed?
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

shinedown.com
Old 04-24-2005, 12:29 AM   #52
Johnnynips
Banned
USER INFO »
Creed for life

I totally agree if I hear one more negative comment about one of the greatest bands ever or a comparison to allter bridge I'm going to be sick...Alterbridge is no creed first and foremost. Second anyone else in here totally feel that Kennedy ruins the whole Alterbridge experience can I get a hell yeah...
Old 04-24-2005, 12:35 AM   #53
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ummm, no...and if you don't want the comparisons, I suggest finding another board because they have and will continue to be made. It's the nature of the beast .
Old 04-24-2005, 01:04 AM   #54
Johnnynips
Banned
USER INFO »
"First, modern rock SUCKS. I can switch nickleback with 3 doors down, with puddle of mudd, with Creed, with hoobastank, and never be able to tell the freaking difference. I don't CARE if a bunch of thirteen year old girls were touched by Creed's music, that doesn't make Scott Stapp a great singer and vocalist"

First of all buddy this is a creed website...Secondly I have followed the band since the begining and listen to their music everyday and I do understand..and your wrong buddy because in an interview Mark praised Kennedy's songwriting ability...It was more of a collaboration than Mark writing everything. Finally that whole post grundge theory is garbage, I think most would agree that CREED blew the doors off all of the competition during their run, and if you think that for a second that this lead singer has more talent you are truly clueless. When together Creed had the swagger and touch that only a few did. I guess you have shown your ignorance in that you prefer garbage 80's sound with awesome guitar and drums...Maybe you should take your act to the Myles kennedy Fansite and blow him a little bit... oh and to end this for good when the remaining Doors, one of the greatest rock bands ever gave praise to Creed as being one of the best bands they had seen or heard I would believe those guys over some uncertain drummer...Ps...If you want heavy garbage sound try listening to some Pantera... oH YEAH ONE MORE THING AL THOSE BANDS YOU MENTIONED NICKLEBACK..THREE DOORS...THEY ALL COPIED CREEDS STYLE...WAKE UP..Find the real
Old 04-24-2005, 01:22 AM   #55
Johnnynips
Banned
USER INFO »
One last thing, I mean no disrespect to the other members who are fans of alterbridge, I like them ..I bought the cd and have seen them in concert..in Connecticut...It just gets me a little aggervated that some people have this thing against Stapp when he has not said or done anything negative since the breakup...Bridge has been firing the bullets and regardless...Creeds music lives on , I hear it everyday on the radio...Station after station..modern rock, classic rock, ect...One thing is for sure we don't need music fans like uncertaindrummer ruining the memories...Alter bridge rocks but I prefer creed...So sorry If I offended any bridge fans out their...they still rock.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #56
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) "First, modern rock SUCKS. I can switch nickleback with 3 doors down, with puddle of mudd, with Creed, with hoobastank, and never be able to tell the freaking difference. I don't CARE if a bunch of thirteen year old girls were touched by Creed's music, that doesn't make Scott Stapp a great singer and vocalist"

First of all buddy this is a creed website...Secondly I have followed the band since the begining and listen to their music everyday and I do understand..and your wrong buddy because in an interview Mark praised Kennedy's songwriting ability...It was more of a collaboration than Mark writing everything. Finally that whole post grundge theory is garbage, I think most would agree that CREED blew the doors off all of the competition during their run, and if you think that for a second that this lead singer has more talent you are truly clueless. When together Creed had the swagger and touch that only a few did. I guess you have shown your ignorance in that you prefer garbage 80's sound with awesome guitar and drums...Maybe you should take your act to the Myles kennedy Fansite and blow him a little bit... oh and to end this for good when the remaining Doors, one of the greatest rock bands ever gave praise to Creed as being one of the best bands they had seen or heard I would believe those guys over some uncertain drummer...Ps...If you want heavy garbage sound try listening to some Pantera... oH YEAH ONE MORE THING AL THOSE BANDS YOU MENTIONED NICKLEBACK..THREE DOORS...THEY ALL COPIED CREEDS STYLE...WAKE UP..Find the real

Most would NOT agree Creed blew the other bands away. Most CREED FANS would agree but that's because, DUH, they are Creed fans. Nickleback fans would say the same about nickleback, etc. etc. And If you want to claim Nickleback and POM etc. ripped off Creed, then Creed just ripped of Pearl Jam.

NO ONE that is not a fan of Creed (and most people aren't, contrary to your opinion) would say that Creed is better than the other bands I have mentioned most can't really tell the difference.

Mark praised Kennedy's sonwriting ability, sure, but Mark had already written practically all the songs by the time Kennedy was on board. The only song Myles wrote himself was DTML, and those have nothing to do with attacking Stapp.

You think I care what the DOORS think? What on Earth? What do they have to do with this? And no, they are not one of the greatest rock bands of all time, I could name ten off the top of my head that are better.

Obviously you just don't like heavy music (heavy garbage?) but if so, then AB isn't your band, so just stay away from them, they obviously aren't your genre.

And its funny you mention FTR, because I want to hear Stapp ever come anywhere CLOSE to pulling off that song. He couldn't. Period. And yet I can sing every Creed song there ever was with no trouble, because thoguh you are obviously ignorant of it, Stapp's voice is nothing special. Most people can sing what he sings.

And someone said they are confused that MOP is my favorite album yet I was bashing Creed? A few things. First, I like MOP and it is my favorite CREED album, not my favorite album. Second, Creed was GREAT on MOP, and then they sorta went down the toilet on HC and Weathered.

But either way, sure AB is 3/4 of Creed but a new singer makes a BIG difference when your old singer was as bad as Stapp, and your new singer is Myles Kennedy. Plus, Tremonti no longer is worrying about sounding Radio friendly, and just rocks out, resulting in far better, far more advanced songs. Plus, Flip seems to have learned how to DRUM sometime between Weathered and ODR, so that always helps. Plus, Marshall, althoguh often times difficult to hear, has some really nice basslines going.

So no, I don't hate Creed, and yes, AB is 3/4 Creed, but anyone who then makes the assumption that they must be a lot alike is insane. Similarites exist, sure. They are going to when you have the same guy writing the songs with the same equipment and same guitars. But AB is definitely above Creed even at their peak, MOP.

And anyone who thinks Creed is going to be remembered as one of the greatest bands of all time really is deluded. I mean, REALLY deluded.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:25 PM   #57
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) It just gets me a little aggervated that some people have this thing against Stapp when he has not said or done anything negative since the breakup...

Dude, you need to wake up. He has most certainly said and done ridiculous thigns since the break-up, and even Stapp fans like Titan9, Bridge of Clay, and Ana4Stapp will admit that.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #58
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
Boy, I leave for a couple months and look at all the crap I started back in February.. surprised this thread is still going strong..
in the immortal words of Bugs Bunny: "Ain't I a stinker?"
By the way.. I STILL MISS CREED!!!!!!!!
Sorry, But Stapps voice just sooooothed me to no end..
and the music... Ahhh.. the music
and lyrics......WOW!!!!
AB rocks!! But Creed takes most of my heart..
Old 04-24-2005, 07:18 PM   #59
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^That's great. Most people on this board appear to be of that opinion, and I respect something like that.

But not the crap johhnynips has been spewing.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:31 PM   #60
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Damn! I'm glad I never post in here As far as missing creed...Meh! As far as 3 Doors Down,I like em,so up yours
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot