++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-16-2006, 04:04 PM   #76
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Longevity

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I recall that Mark and the guys have said that on some lyrics Stapp changed it without the otherguys wanting it and making in a poorer song. I belive that Mark wrote most lyrics and Stapp changed it, that's how I have interpertated all of it. If you compare the lyrics of Creed with TGD you wont find a singel simmilarity, but if you compare creed and ODR lyrics you'll find some simmilarity like "crown of thorns" (Wash Away Those Years and Find The Real)... This could just mean that Mark "stole" that from the Creed days with Stapp but I higly doubt that!
Well, I think that was mostly for the music, as I remember it, but it makes sence that he did it with the lyrics too.

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) your on the ab secton because you like bad music. ab isint very good. in sales yeah, but when it comes to what music is better stapp beats them. they probalby would be everything if their music was any good.
Well, here's where you're wrong again. AB is very good, but not in sales. But that's just my opinion.

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) i admit defeat. but i dont see why he would need to play the guitar. well, not ppor just weaker than creed. i dont like ab's lyrics i cant understand myles(its his voice or somthing) and musically i think ab sux hard.
Yeah well, I'm not gonna get into a "Stapp/AB-sucks" fight, 'cause that ain't discussion, that's opinion meaningless to share in that kind of way. But I respect your opinion, although mine is the exact opposite.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #77
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) your on the ab secton because you like bad music. ab isint very good. in sales yeah, but when it comes to what music is better stapp beats them. they probalby would be everything if their music was any good.

COME ON!!! Please! Don't you know that opinions are opinions and not fact!!! I can't recall ever hearing the words "Opinions are facts", ever! Not even if you wished that were troue would you say that... Now, IF we look to facts AB rules, AB are ten times better then Stapp. You can't oppose that! Myles is such a better singer, if we just look to the singers since Stapp can't play guitar... Oh! I remember, Myles can! He can even solo on it! Do you need more facts?

And lyrically, Myels is better since Stapps songs are REALY lacking at this point, now he's lacking on all points, but this is probobly THE biggest one! This is also opinions but come on! He's not that good, but if you really are a blind fan, as I was with Creed, and probobly are with AB you'd think they rock! Even if he keeps repeating himself... ALOT!

And please, don't turn this in to a "stapp/AB rules" thread like so many others are!!! But we have to respond on these accusation!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #78
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) COME ON!!! Please! Don't you know that opinions are opinions and not fact!!! I can't recall ever hearing the words "Opinions are facts", ever! Not even if you wished that were troue would you say that... Now, IF we look to facts AB rules, AB are ten times better then Stapp. You can't oppose that! Myles is such a better singer, if we just look to the singers since Stapp can't play guitar... Oh! I remember, Myles can! He can even solo on it! Do you need more facts?

And lyrically, Myels is better since Stapps songs are REALY lacking at this point, now he's lacking on all points, but this is probobly THE biggest one! This is also opinions but come on! He's not that good, but if you really are a blind fan, as I was with Creed, and probobly are with AB you'd think they rock! Even if he keeps repeating himself... ALOT!

And please, don't turn this in to a "stapp/AB rules" thread like so many others are!!! But we have to respond on these accusation!

just thought i'd say the only fact in all of that is that stapp doesn't play the guitar... you're calling your opinions, like AB is 10 times better than stapp, facts which they aren't...

and just because myles is technically a better singer doesn't mean we have to like his voice... if it did we would all be listening to Celine Dion... what a terrible world that would be...

but that's all i wanted to say, and that as for your opinions i agree with them 100%... even that myles is a better singer... but that doesn't make them facts...

Last edited by HuMaN~ClAy : 01-16-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #79
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) 1.COME ON!!! Please! Don't you know that opinions are opinions and not fact!!! I can't recall ever hearing the words "Opinions are facts", ever! Not even if you wished that were troue would you say that... 2.Now, IF we look to facts AB rules, AB are ten times better then Stapp. You can't oppose that! 3.Myles is such a better singer, if we just look to the singers since 4.Stapp can't play guitar... Oh! I remember, Myles can! He can even solo on it! Do you need more facts?

5.And lyrically, Myels is better since Stapps songs are REALY lacking at this point, now he's lacking on all points, but this is probobly THE biggest one! This is also opinions but come on! He's not that good, but if you really are a blind fan, as I was with Creed, and probobly are with AB you'd think they rock! Even if he keeps repeating himself... ALOT!

1.i know, i think that ab sux so i think you have a bad taste in music cause u like them.
2. thats your openion.
3.maybe...but that doesent mean i have to like, which i dont. i think his voice is sometime annoying and at times i cant understand what he is saying.
4. what does that have to do with any thing? he doesent need to play the guitar.
5. i agree that stapps lyrics are not very strong in some songs but imo they work well with the music.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:00 PM   #80
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) 1.i know, i think that ab sux so i think you have a bad taste in music cause u like them.
2. thats your openion.
3.maybe...but that doesent mean i have to like, which i dont. i think his voice is sometime annoying and at times i cant understand what he is saying.
4. what does that have to do with any thing? he doesent need to play the guitar.
5. i agree that stapps lyrics are not very strong in some songs but imo they work well with the music.

Hey nagpo, a little peice of advice. First your going to get extremely flammed if you keep this shit disturbing up. Secondly, if you dislike AB so much then simply go to the stapp/creed board. Thank you and goodnight.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:52 AM   #81
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) 1.i know, i think that ab sux so i think you have a bad taste in music cause u like them.
2. thats your openion.

1. You are allowed to have thet opinion, even if I don't agree
2. NOOOO!!! That's not my opinion, since AB are TECHNICALY better they rule if you look to the facts! So no, it's not an opinion even if I agree.
3. I didn't say you'd have to like him! I just said that IF YOU LOOK TO FACTS, witch is the only way too argue, NOT opinions! I had a hard time understanding what Scott sang in the beginning, but once I got used to his voice it was clear
4. It has to do with the fact that Myles is a better musician! And that's FACTS! Witch would only increes my statement of beeing troue, that AB, or Myles if you wish are better if you look to facts!
5. I didn't say that they didn't have too work with the music, just said they're REALY lacking and that this would be a point in how Myles is a better musician!

Now, even if you're REALY bad, and I'm not talking Scott Stapp bad (sorry, but I had to, no hard feeling you guys), I'm talking like the worset of them all! You can still make it! You can still have people listening to you, comming to shows etc. Look at Sexpistols, how good were they, not at all, how good were the Ramones? Lousy! That didn't mean that they didn't get people to listen to them and thinking they were the biggest band ever to set foot on this earth BUT! That does NOT make them good musicians, and therefor AB is better then Stapp! You might like Stapp more but AB are better MUSICIANS!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:59 AM   #82
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) just thought i'd say the only fact in all of that is that stapp doesn't play the guitar... you're calling your opinions, like AB is 10 times better than stapp, facts which they aren't...

and just because myles is technically a better singer doesn't mean we have to like his voice... if it did we would all be listening to Celine Dion... what a terrible world that would be...

but that's all i wanted to say, and that as for your opinions i agree with them 100%... even that myles is a better singer... but that doesn't make them facts...

The 10 times better thing, it's facts, IF you look to the facts and compare the two. No Since Stapp is constantly repeting himself in his songs, that'll make him a bad songwriter, Myles does not.

The fact that Myles is a better singer, that's a fact, you might not like his voice that much, but he is a better singer. Yeah, but no :P We wouldn't be listening to Celin Di-f'cking-on who isn't the greatest singer, she's just a good singer, a pop singer... We would be listening to Freddie Murcury! AND WHAT AN AWSOME WORLD THAT WOULD BE!!! YEAH!

Yes, that does make it facts, if you look at the technique, and skipp the part of one of them having a more likeble voice witch ISN'T facts...
Old 01-17-2006, 09:23 AM   #83
Rawker
USER INFO »

roffe is right, yeh if you dont like myles voice, then don't listen to Ab then. I dont really like mercurys voice, i kno he is a great singer, but i can stand it so im smart enough to not listen to queen songs.
Nagpo, myles does want to play the guitar, and CAN mark even said with myles being able to do backing it allows him to put his potential on show.
If you dont like Ab, please f off and dont bother posting in the AB section. ur probably just looking for a fight coz Stapp is shit without the guys
Old 01-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #84
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) The 10 times better thing, it's facts, IF you look to the facts and compare the two. No Since Stapp is constantly repeting himself in his songs, that'll make him a bad songwriter, Myles does not.

The fact that Myles is a better singer, that's a fact, you might not like his voice that much, but he is a better singer. Yeah, but no :P We wouldn't be listening to Celin Di-f'cking-on who isn't the greatest singer, she's just a good singer, a pop singer... We would be listening to Freddie Murcury! AND WHAT AN AWSOME WORLD THAT WOULD BE!!! YEAH!

Yes, that does make it facts, if you look at the technique, and skipp the part of one of them having a more likeble voice witch ISN'T facts...

unless you can find and cite me a source that specificly says AB are 10 times better than Scott Stapp then it's not a fact... now, i have looked over at www.rollingstone.com and the average reader review for AB is 4.5/5 and the average for Scott Stapp is 3/5... given this poll is definitely affected by biased opinions, this is still a study reflecting the "goodness" of each. this shows that AB is only 1.5X better than scott stapp lol... this completely contradicts your hypothesis of AB being 10 times better so we can reject the null hypothesis...

if you have any information that proves otherwise i would like to see it... but i don't expect any.

and just so you know my opinion, like yours, is that AB is 10x better... if not more.

Last edited by HuMaN~ClAy : 01-17-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:28 PM   #85
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) unless you can find and cite me a source that specificly says AB are 10 times better than Scott Stapp then it's not a fact... now, i have looked over at www.rollingstone.com and the average reader review for AB is 4.5/5 and the average for Scott Stapp is 3/5... given this poll is definitely affected by biased opinions, this is still a study reflecting the "goodness" of each. this shows that AB is only 1.5X better than scott stapp lol... this completely contradicts your hypothesis of AB being 10 times better so we can reject the null hypothesis...

if you have any information that proves otherwise i would like to see it... but i don't expect any.

and just so you know my opinion, like yours, is that AB is 10x better... if not more.

Now, that is peoples opinions, not facts... Those polls are made so that you can vote on them AND people can vote several times, that manly shows who have the most fans, if I hated Stapp, witch I do :P I would vote against him I I was a total jackass and vice versa. And they are based on opinions not facts, so we can't say that people who've voted likes AB 1,5X more then Stapp, not that AB is 1,5X better then Stapp
Old 01-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #86
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

how do you determine which musician is better from one another if it's not based off of the opinions of educated people in the area of music? music is not a quantitative variable, there's no such thing as a music-o-meter which can give you a number for an artist so that you can compare it to another artist. music is very subjective and it's up to listeners to form their own opinions on who is better than who. a poll of who people like is one of the only ways to compare artists, so i went to an educated source -- the rolling stone -- and analyzed one of their public polls. i realize this source is obviously biased but finding an unbiased source on this matter i would think is near impossible.

sorry but your accusations of AB being 10 times better than Scott Stapp is not a fact, it's your opinion. there must be some form of research -- like a poll -- to support it. there are very few facts related to music...
Old 01-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #87
nagpo
USER INFO »

this is pointless. im tired of talking about it. bye.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #88
Rawker
USER INFO »

thank F*ck he is finally going due to him realising Ab are better without stapp.
I borrowed my mates copy of tgd. and it SUCK yes thats my opinion but any one notice, There are intro solos? (trying to piss or Mark??) the songs All sound the same. and ALL the intros are long. yeh a long intro is good in some cases but he abused it.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #89
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) this is pointless. im tired of talking about it. bye.

Look, there's a big difference in just talking about your not so flattering view of alter bridge as oppsed to stapp. But, this is a message board where debate is wanted, just not half-asses antagonistic comments and blanket statements. You don't like alter bridge, but are a big stapp fan...fine. However try not to resort in retarted statements such as "alter bridge suck and stapp is 100 times better" kinda stuff.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:13 AM   #90
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) how do you determine which musician is better from one another if it's not based off of the opinions of educated people in the area of music? music is not a quantitative variable, there's no such thing as a music-o-meter which can give you a number for an artist so that you can compare it to another artist. music is very subjective and it's up to listeners to form their own opinions on who is better than who. a poll of who people like is one of the only ways to compare artists, so i went to an educated source -- the rolling stone -- and analyzed one of their public polls. i realize this source is obviously biased but finding an unbiased source on this matter i would think is near impossible.

sorry but your accusations of AB being 10 times better than Scott Stapp is not a fact, it's your opinion. there must be some form of research -- like a poll -- to support it. there are very few facts related to music...

Now, you can actually make a scientific research on who is the better on what, it's true, now I haven't done one since I don't have all the resources to do one, but just do give an example, Franc Sinatra (belive that's the way to spell it) is the best singer when it comes to be singen the right note (belive that was the case), that doesn't make him fun to listen to but that was made with science, polls on the other hand are people, who have no idea of what they're saying simply saying they like Stapp better then they like AB or vice versa, NOT who they think is the best musician... But I don't have any kind of reaserches done in the matter of who's better then who on the matter of AB vs Stapp... But I would be more then happy to do one.

I do actually have on statement from my former songcoach, he said "Those guys are among the best I've ever heard! That singer is probobly the best there is". Now it's easy for me to just say this, you don't even know who if I ever attended songlessons or not, if my songcoach is real, I could be saying that I have done this reaserch and so forth and you probobly wouldn't belive me...

YES! It's an opinion that AB is 10X better then Stapp, but seeing how AB's a band and Stapp's solo 4 persons togeather probobly are better then 1... And looking at Stapp who can't play the guitar or any other instrument for that matter of very poor if he can, AB is probobly 10X better then Stapp since they are 4 persons and Mark can REALY play the guitar, Myles can REALY sing and play the guitar well, Brian is pretty good at Bass (any one correct me if he's better or worse) and Scott can play numerouse instruments and is REALY good at drumms (correct me if I'm wrong on this one two)... Now, is AB 10X more musical than Stapp (one person)? Probobly is closer to the trouth then 1,5X better, don't you think?