++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #31
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Longevity

Quote: But I guess Screw-Up doesn't want to spend time or money to the band and the people who made them, and made them big! (And rich)...

well , if theyre that stupid , maybe theyll let AB go . Or not ...
(wow , 2 whole pages and still on topic , im not used to that. lol)
Old 01-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #32
GregS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) RR has bands like Theory Of A Deadman! They're not metal! AB are heavier than those guys are

And I really do hope AB leaves Screw-Up, 'cause they're just... AARRGH, Screw-Up are really missing a chance! I mean, WHY wouldn't they want to release a DVD if the band members payed it? Maybe they should join Sony/BMG in the states as well. Or create their own label, and give themselves ALL the promotion they want! AB would've been huge by now if WU would have promoted them. But I guess Screw-Up doesn't want to spend time or money to the band and the people who made them, and made them big! (And rich)...

Totally forgot about them lol and ye Nickleback too.. oh and nightwish.. Ah well i was mistaken , maybe Ab can fit in there then
Old 01-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #33
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

OT: Nightwish just kicked their singer....

AB would fit better then them! BUT! I do hope they'll start their own record lable... That would be the best thing to do, they would be able to do what ever they wanted then!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #34
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: Thanks Ana! Means alot... :P

Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #35
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Don't forget Nickelcrap.....
Hey, I actually like those guys!

But yeah, I thought of them too. I think AB would be fine on Roadrunner Records.

But how about Epic/Sony Music? They seem like an alright label... But I do like the idea of the guys starting their own label. There's it no way they're gonna get screwed over if they do that. (Unless they feel like screwing themselves over, but why...?)

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #36
GregS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) OT: Nightwish just kicked their singer....

AB would fit better then them! BUT! I do hope they'll start their own record lable... That would be the best thing to do, they would be able to do what ever they wanted then!

Ye , Nightwish gonna be even worse than they were now that their popular lead singer has gone..
Old 01-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #37
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) well , if theyre that stupid , maybe theyll let AB go . Or not ...
(wow , 2 whole pages and still on topic , im not used to that. lol)

I tell you what, I start some thought provoking posts huh?

Anyway it's still a little unlclear for what I have read wether AB will or will not be dropped from wind-up. I have posted my thoughts and I will say again that it's totally fucked up that WU is screwing 3/4ths of the band that got them on the map. I know it's entirely true that in most cases of bands getting to be of commercial jugernaut status like creed, the singer is always the one who will be most recognized. And to alot of less techical and musicianal aspect the rest kinda gets way less recognozed (Except zeppelin, where page a plant were THEE rock team).

If wind-up does drop AB, then sure...why not go to sony or road runner. However, I'm not so sure they won't be doing the same thing wind-up is doing.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #38
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

Oh and one last observation, if you count stapps total sales now and AB's sales you get roughly around 180,000 (and if I'm doing these wrong based on what I have read from reports on VH1 or other notable music sources, don't shit on me to bad, and I'll just say MY bad) which is not even half of what weathered was selling four years ago...so....I guess both stapp and AB could be doing better but...yea...later.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:54 AM   #39
Creed7352
USER INFO »

um yeah you're wrong with that number...unless maybe you meant 1,800,000...that could be closer to correct, cause ab's are over 700,000 to my knowledge.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:09 AM   #40
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Yeah... 700.000 is what I counted, and Stapp's sold roughly the same...

Then you can take the marketing in tot he calculation, how much have AB had and how much have Stapp had? AB= second to none and Stapp = alot!

OT: The ex-singer in Nightwish wasn't that popular since she was a diva, she never talked to fans and so... My friend knows the guitarrist (think it's him) in nightwish and he's said the band been wanting to kick her for a long time! Don't know what will happen to them now though
Old 01-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #41
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Hey, I actually like those guys!

Lol, they wore out their welcome when "Someday" got played for the 1,000 time on the radio. Now I can't stand that band.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) But yeah, I thought of them too. I think AB would be fine on Roadrunner Records.

But how about Epic/Sony Music? They seem like an alright label... But I do like the idea of the guys starting their own label. There's it no way they're gonna get screwed over if they do that. (Unless they feel like screwing themselves over, but why...?)

I don't know about RR. Didn't they have a poll a month or two ago essentially bashing Creed/AB/Stapp? I can't remember what it said exactly, but I do know that it trashed them. And I don't know how well RR promotes their artists. I mean, I guess they must be doing a good job with Nickelback, seeing as how they're all over the place. Theory of A Deadman is doing pretty well, too. But I'm not sure RR would be a good fit for AB.

Sony seems to do a good job with promoting as well. But they're more mainstream than WU and RR, and perhaps they'd try to force AB into going more commercial with their music? We'll just have to see what happens, I guess.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Yeah... 700.000 is what I counted, and Stapp's sold roughly the same...

Then you can take the marketing in tot he calculation, how much have AB had and how much have Stapp had? AB= second to none and Stapp = alot!

Just to be fair, AB did get good promotion leading up to the release of ODR. Maybe not as good as Stapp's promotion for his solo album, but they still got a fair bit. And I still say that releasing ODR just a mere two months after the break-up was announced helped ODR's record sales some. Creed was still fresh in the minds of potential buyers in August of 2004. A year later, I'd venture to say that a lot of people forgot about Creed, outside of the real fans. So I think that has something to do with Stapp and AB's sales being roughly the same(in terms of week by week sales). Just speculation on my part, though.

And ODR has sold 700,000? That's awesome. Hopefully it eventually goes platinum.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #43
GregS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Lol, they wore out their welcome when "Someday" got played for the 1,000 time on the radio. Now I can't stand that band.

I don't know about RR. Didn't they have a poll a month or two ago essentially bashing Creed/AB/Stapp? I can't remember what it said exactly, but I do know that it trashed them. And I don't know how well RR promotes their artists. I mean, I guess they must be doing a good job with Nickelback, seeing as how they're all over the place. Theory of A Deadman is doing pretty well, too. But I'm not sure RR would be a good fit for AB.

Sony seems to do a good job with promoting as well. But they're more mainstream than WU and RR, and perhaps they'd try to force AB into going more commercial with their music? We'll just have to see what happens, I guess.

They were just bashing Stapp really. No mention of Ab
Old 01-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »

You're right. I just did a search and found that thread from a couple of months ago and I guess they did only mention Stapp.

Old 01-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #45
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) um yeah you're wrong with that number...unless maybe you meant 1,800,000...that could be closer to correct, cause ab's are over 700,000 to my knowledge.

Oh, ok..I needed that figure. Still, because creed split so did the fan base and so did the sales. What I mean, is the way I see it at least is that 50% will buy stapp and 50% have already bought AB's album.