++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-20-2005, 07:01 AM   #841
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Daily Bread

October 20th

"We all need to be affirmed and supported."

We like to be around people who make us feel good. We look to the Lord for approval, because we want more than anything for Him to be proud of us. He is. When we try to live upright and holy lives, we are doing that which makes Him happiest. He will continually bless those who do good, for to them belongs the Kingdom of God.

Do good, O Lord, unto those that be good, and to them that are upright in their hearts.

Psalm 125:4

Heaven

Old 10-21-2005, 06:58 AM   #842
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

October 21st

"The Bible does not promise that Christians won't suffer."

In fact, the Scriptures give much evidence that we can expect to suffer, given the evil that is in the world around us and the sin that is in us. What God does promise is that our suffering can become the catalyst for new growth. God promises to redeem our suffering into his glory.

What griefs are you currently suffering? Can you entrust them to God, confident that he will use them to bring new growth into your life?

Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest.

Psalm 126:5-6

For he has not ignored the suffering of the needy. He has not turned and walked away. He has listened to their cries for help.

Psalm 22:24

Heaven

Old 10-22-2005, 12:20 AM   #843
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Encouragement

i for one up hold and pass along the teachings on long sufferment many dont like to hear it , Its Up To God And God Alone TO HIM ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY on just how long a child Of God will suffer and will indeed Endure We tell not the molder what to do with the clay And Take Stregnth Honour And Glory that if you be part of the suffering and the neverending Valley AND YOU KNOW THE GOD TO WHOM BELONGS THAT GLORY that up holds you in great and many unspeakble things pass it on !!! we are also part of the comforters body that lived and died for us all and gave up life as he marched to death and died and then had hell to look foward too For God So Loved The World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son To Save Us All From Hell of course And whatever life may bring us..
Old 10-22-2005, 08:01 AM   #844
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) i for one up hold and pass along the teachings on long sufferment many dont like to hear it , Its Up To God And God Alone TO HIM ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY on just how long a child Of God will suffer and will indeed Endure We tell not the molder what to do with the clay And Take Stregnth Honour And Glory that if you be part of the suffering and the neverending Valley AND YOU KNOW THE GOD TO WHOM BELONGS THAT GLORY that up holds you in great and many unspeakble things pass it on !!! we are also part of the comforters body that lived and died for us all and gave up life as he marched to death and died and then had hell to look foward too For God So Loved The World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son To Save Us All From Hell of course And whatever life may bring us..
It's a tough pill to swallow for many, but indeed part of our walk...

Good words,

Heaven

Old 10-22-2005, 08:02 AM   #845
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

October 22nd

"A reformer's refuge."

A mighty fortress is our God.
A bulwark never failing.
Our helper He amid the flood
Of mortal ills prevailing.
For still our ancient foe
Doth seek to work us woe—
His craft and pow'r are great,
And, armed with cruel hate,
On earth is not His equal. A Mighty Fortress is Our God

~Martin Luther (1483-1546)

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

Psalm 46:1-3

Heaven

Old 10-22-2005, 01:23 PM   #846
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Lord O Mighty God

the Lord upholdeth all that fall and raiseth up all those that be bowed down the eyes of all wait on the Lord And Thou Givest thier meat in due season thou opennest thine hand and satisfiest The Desire of every living thing the Lord is Righteous in all his works and ways holy in all his works The Lord is nigh unto all that call upon him {{{IN TRUTH}}} He Will Fufil The desire Of theme that fear him he also will hear their cry and save theme The Lord Preserveth All That Love Him
Old 10-23-2005, 08:34 AM   #847
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

October 23rd

"Humility, not humiliation."

Humility is not effacing oneself. It is not destroying one's sense of self-worth. It is honest recognition of our own worth, our worth as God sees us. Pride elevated us above others, and often above God himself. But to destroy one's sense of self-worth is also unacceptable, for it denies the value God placed upon us when he created us in his image and when he sent his Son to die for us.

Christ did not die for worms but for people he loves very much, and those people have great worth or value in God's eyes.

To see ourselves as God sees us...that is our goal!

May God's grace give you the necessary humility. Try not to think—much less, speak—of their sins. One's own are a much more profitable theme! And if on consideration, one can find no faults on one's own side, then cry for mercy: for this must be a most dangerous delusion.

~C.S. Lewis

You rescue those who are humble, but you humiliate the proud.

Psalm 18:27

Heaven

Old 10-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #848
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
well put Hev matt.5.3.12.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:06 AM   #849
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

October 24th

"What... Me worry?"

Worry is the last thing that will help our problems. In fact, worry can immobilize us from being able to take any kind of positive steps toward solutions. The only purpose for worry is to indicate to us that we need to turn our problems over to God. Once we enlist the help of our Lord, then we can rest easy. God will carry us through any situation, and He will grant us peace of mind and peace of heart.

It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

Psalm 127:2

Heaven

Old 10-25-2005, 12:26 AM   #850
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
yes indeed If Had Not Been The Lord Who Was On Our Side When Many Rose Against Us then they that swallowed us quick chomp chomp HAAAAAAA sorry then the waters had over whelmed us the stream gone over our soul then the proud waters had gone over a soul Blessed BLESSED BE THE LORD WHO AT NO COST GIVEN US A PREY TO THEIR TEETH OUR SOUL IS ECSAPED AS A BIRD OUT OF SNARE OF THE FOWLERS THE SNARE IS BROKEN AND WE ARE ESCAPED OUR HELP IS THE NAME OF THE LORD WHO MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH PRAISE THE lORD FOR IT IS GOOD TO SING AND PRAISE OUR GOD !!!!!!!! FOR IT IS PLESEANT AND PRAISE IS COMELY THE LORD DOTH BULID UP JERSUALEM HE GATHERETH THOGETHER THE OUTCASTS OF ISRAEL HE HEALETH THE BROKEN !!!!!! IN HEART AND BINDETH UP THEIR WOUNDS HE TELLETH THE NUMBER OF THE STARS HE CALLS THEME OUT BY THEIR NAMES praise the ALMIGHTY GOD Great Is Our God God Of The Clueless GREAT POWER i always said In His UNDERSTANDING IS INFINITE The Lord Lifts Up The Meek He Casts Down All That Is Truly Wicked Down To The Ground Sing Sing Unto The LOrd With All Supplications And Thanksgiving Sing Praise Upon The Harp Of Our God Who Covers the heavens with Clouds who makes ain For The Eath And Grass To Grow up on the mountians He gives The Beasts Food and to the young ravens which cry PRAISE THE LORD HE DELIGHETH NOT IN THE STREGNTH OF THE HORSE HE TAKETH NOT PLEASURE IN THE LEGS OF MAN THE LORD TAKETH PLEASURE IN THEME THAT FEAR HIM IN THOSE THAT HOPE IN MERCY
Old 10-25-2005, 07:08 AM   #851
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

October 25th

"The lesson of two prayers."

The Pharisee barely acknowledges God at all. He used his time in the Temple as an opportunity to justify himself. In the guise of thanking God, he cut down others and congratulated himself. There was no humility in him.

The tax collector, on the other hand, was rightfully aware of his sin before the most holy God. He made no claims for himself. He didn't try to justify his action. He only admitted he was a sinner.

Jesus declared that it was the humble tax collector, not the proud Pharisee, whom God was willing to justify...

May God give us the courage to admit our true condition before him. Take time to meditate on God's holiness, and give up justifying yourself. In humility, cast yourself on the Lord's mercy.

But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, 'O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.

Luke 18:11-13

Heaven

Old 10-25-2005, 09:32 AM   #852
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen Hev

HAVE MERCY upon me O God Acording to thy loveing kindness acording unto the mulitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions whash me throughly from mine iniquity and cleanse me from my sin for i Acknowledge my transgressions AND MY SIN IS EVER BEFORE ME Against thee only have i sinned and done this evil in thy sight that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest and be clear when thou judgest behold i was shapen in iniquity and in my sin did my mother conceive me behold thou desirest the inward parts and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom purge me with hyssop and i shall be clean whash me and i shall be whiter than snow make me to hear joy and gladness that the bones which thou has broken may rejoice hide thy face from my sins and blot out all my iniquties create me a clean heart O God and renew a right spirt with in me cast me not away from thy presence and take not thy holy spirt from me restore me to the joy of my salvation and uphold me with a free spirt the ways of the sinners shall be converted unto thee Deliever me from Bloodguiltiness O God Thou God of my salvation and my tounge shall sing along aloud of thy righteousness O lor open my lips and My MOUTH SHALL SHOW FORTH THY PRAISE for thou desirest not sacrafice else would i give it if thou delightest not in burnt offering the Sacrifces Of GOD Are A Broken Spirt And A contrite heart O God thou will not despise Do good in thy pleasure
Old 10-26-2005, 07:06 AM   #853
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

October 26th

"God wants us to be prepared to do good works."

Thankfully he gave us the Scriptures. Today we have the Bible translated into many different languages, dialects, and versions. Rather than a threat, this is a great blessing. But we must remember that the goal of Scripture is not to be learned but to be lived. God intended his Word to be practical truth, a gift that prepares us to do every good work.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Heaven

Old 10-26-2005, 10:54 AM   #854
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Psalm 30 3.11

indeed Hev its a good lit handbook something in it for every living creature i just can,t never look up why i need unless i write it down O LORD Thou Has Brought Up My Soul From The Grave Thou Hast Kept My Soul Alive that i should not go down in the pit sing unto the Lord Oh ye saints of his and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness for his anger endureth but a moment in his favor is life weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh by morning Lord by thy favour tho hast made me mountain to stand strong thou did,st hide thy face and i was troubled i cried to thee O Lord i made supplication i always place my troubles befor thee what profit is there in my blood when i go down in to the pit shall the dust praise thee shall it declare the truth Hear Oh Lord Have mercy upon me Lord Be thou my helper thou hast turned my mourning into dancing thou hast put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness to the end that my Glory may sing praise unto thee and not be silent O Lord My GoD i will give thanks unto thee forever
Old 10-27-2005, 07:03 AM   #855
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

October 27th

"Our hearts."

How often do you let God do major surgery on your spirit as his Spirit uses the Word to encourage, judge, motivate, convict, instruct, and inspire? With such a great tool so readily at hand for most of us, let's not let a day go by that we don't let God use his word on our hearts.

The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12

Heaven