++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #136
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Audioslave played a new song the other night, and it was much heavier. I think the third album's going to kick ass. I like the first one much better, too.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:19 PM   #137
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) By the way mad props to the source on the pre release leak, I wonder if this whole leak was planned by Wind up to promote the album as I am sure they have people that monitor these boards....Also another reason I;m all for sharing files is that as fans in these forums we spend a ton of time trying to get the inside on the band so leaks like this are a reward.....

I don't get it. If it were planned by Wind Up, why not just have the whole cd up for a listen on his site.

Anyway, I just don't think it's fair to an artist to have someone leak it, esp the entire cd, no matter how much time fans spend, or don't spend trying to get the inside on the band. So with that, I've not downloaded it and will wait until the release date.

I have heard the clips of Justify and Sublime, and wow....he nailed it. The music is awesome, and the lyrics are great. To me, Justify has a really soulful sound to it, and from what I've heard so far, the cd is very diverse.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #138
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If Wind Up did plan it, maybe it's just to create a buzz. People like being up on things before everybody else. I have it now (thank you, you know who you are ), and I'm going to listen to it in a little while.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #139
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Im listening to this and liking a lot Justify, Fight Song. Reach Out but just loving, loving Surround Me -even though not a great lyric but definitely an amazing ballad song- yeah the old Stapp we know.

Medium position : Broken (certainly a beautiful song -but nothing special I and Hard song -a good one song.

And finally my dislike list has Sublime, You'll Soar, Let it go and Great Divide(I cant stand it!)
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #140
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay)
c'mon Stephen... you'll say you didn't like Faceless Man lyrics ??? or What If???

Faceless man... hmm... i have not listened to that song in a long time... I must try to remember its lyrics before getting back to you, lol.

And yes i do like what if's verses. forgot about what if... how could i forget about what if...

Titan: Yes, PF was definitely inferior in my opinion to their debut, although photograph is my favorite 12 Stones song bar none.

Audioslave: I love Audioslave... lol

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan)
I have heard the clips of Justify and Sublime, and wow....he nailed it. The music is awesome, and the lyrics are great. To me, Justify has a really soulful sound to it, and from what I've heard so far, the cd is very diverse.

It all goes downhill after "Justifiy". lol

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 11-06-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #141
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Good music, I dont call stain'd , and all the other crap modern rock good music, I mean really at least stapp went with a little originality on this cd..True there are a couple of creedlike songs but for the most part it was a really good cd. Secondly While Stapps vocals may not be to the point they were a few years ago he still sounds More hard rock than myles kennedy could ever wish..Yeah myles would win a sing off but Stapp rocks the house when it come to hard rock not Punk rock...Go stapp I give 8 out of ten...Oh yeah Uncertain I think you need to masturbate to some Mayfield four records for a little while to get In touch with your inner Vagina...lol..peace

You are so ignorant and every post you make proves it. ROCK SINGERS ARE TENORS. Stapp does not have a more "rocky" voice. He has a LESS rocky voice. You clearly do not even know what rock is. And no, this CD is not original in the least, except for maybe broken.

Anyway Steve thank you for understanding what I posted. I'm glad I wasn't the only one surprised by that. lol

And whoever said it, if Stapp wrote the lyrics to the song instead of the other way around, it makes perfect sense why they seem so contorted. That explains everything a bit...

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 11-06-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #142
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Last edited by Dogstar : 11-06-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:43 PM   #143
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) It all goes downhill after "Justifiy". lol
Exactly. I had high hopes listening to the first four songs. I liked Justify and Fight Song. After Justify, though, I'm sorry, but it sucks. The slow stuff is just awful. Boring music, cliched lyrics...Blech. I won't be buying this, that's for sure.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:03 PM   #144
titan9
USER INFO »
I'd have to agree that the top four tracks are the best. I'd say that the last 6 are, in a sense, hit and miss. Let Me Go is the weakest track on the album, bar none. And I think I attribute that to the fact that the verses are so short. It's a bit too repetitive. Surround Me is a(imo) very strong song, with good lyrics and good music. Vocally it is good as well. TGD...well....it's a single. Typically, singles are the weakest tracks on the album. This isn't as bad as Let Me Go, but it isn't amazing. It's a 6 or 7 of 10 song. Next is Sublime, which has taken time to grow on me. It's a tiny bit repetitive, but still a decent song. You Will Soar is probably my favorite soft song on the album(well, aside from Surround Me) probably because I like the message behind the song. It isn't amazing lyrically or vocally or musically, but it is still a pretty good song. And then there's Broken...lyrically it isn't phenomenal, but the vocals/choir/piano/light guitar work well together. The song is sung with enough emotion to really make it a(for some) chilling song. Overall(and I'm finally ready to give a real rating to the album) I would say the album is a 7.5 out of 10. It ain't as good as Creed, but it's not that bad. I don't expect AB or Stapp to come out with an album that will match the awesomeness of MOP. What I do expect, however, is for both to come out with competent albums that feature some variety and some very good tracks. This one does, so I am overall happy with it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #145
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hmm, well, we disagree ...I hated Sublime. I wanted to skip over it, but I soldiered through it. I couldn't stand Surround Me, either. I don't know. The last track with the choir and what-not was OK. I liked the piano, too. But overall, after Justify, I just found it pretty uninspiring. His voice did sound good on some of the softer stuff, and I'm glad for that, but the songs just didn't do it for me.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 PM   #146
titan9
USER INFO »
Well.....there's always album 2. I mean, you can't give up on him after one album. If I hated this one, I wouldn't.

I didn't like Sublime at first, either.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:15 PM   #147
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
No, I won't give up. I still love the man's voice, but I'm not buying this one .
Old 11-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #148
titan9
USER INFO »
What about seeing him live, then? Perhaps an awesome live performance would change your mind about the album.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #149
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) What about seeing him live, then? Perhaps an awesome live performance would change your mind about the album.
Oh, I'm sure I'll check out a live show. That has happened on many occasions. For example, a lot of people don't like NIN's new album. I actually do like it, but I have to tell you, after seeing them live, I like it even more than I did.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:55 AM   #150
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Woa! Finally I got it...and I must say that is a good album, but not an amazing album...just good. It gives me the impression that Stapp had many difficulties to create these songs: Just 10 songs and the most sounds so basic.

I think he create better with a musician by his side. Alone he seens a little lost to me. The song I really love is Surround Me. I like a lot of Fight Song, Broken, Justify and Hard Way.

I Hope next album can be better than that. This is just my opinion.

Peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge