++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-30-2005, 10:29 AM   #31
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
*Rolls eyes ludicrously far back into head*

Wow. Your just geniuses aren't you? You can take super general songs and fit them to your own meaning? Amazing.

Give me a break.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:55 PM   #32
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Ya know, I have been telling people that this is what Scott Stapp is like for a LONG time and you all know its true, so I'm not one to say I told you so but:
I totally told you so!
Wow. What a piece of nonsense. Get your head out of his butt, would you?

Sorry if that crosses any invisible line because I really am not trying to insult anyone but COME ON. If you can justify this, and spew crap about how ODR is about Stapp (give me a break), you really DO think the guy is a god, and when one thinks the biggest moron in music is a god... one needs help.

I didn't get that anyone was saying ODR was about Stapp, though I've read that Alter Bridge has actually admitted it about some songs. I think the poster was saying that Alter Bridge made everything negative about Creed about Stapp. Hell they have been talking smack about the guy for over a year now. Not a real good way to promote yourself. When every interview they do, they talk negatively about an ex-member, then they ARE making it all about Stapp. Though they never seem to remember that their collaboration with Stapp made them rich men.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #33
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
life is but a dream.

I'm thinking this song was written about how Stapp was in the rowboat in the My Sacrifice video and how he was gliding through the water and he was happy and his life was dreamy.

For heaven's sake, any lyrics to any song can be taken to mean any freaking thing!!! Stop trying to fuel the us vs. them argument, it's so old.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #34
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Haha, I think you should just started listen to Alter Bridge as Alter Bridge. And by saying that I mean that you should listen to Alter Bridge like any other band, and not trying to search for hidden "hating-Stapp"-messanges. I think Mark and Myles are just trying to tell a story here, and I'm sure they don't wanna stab Stapp in the back. Well, Myles really has no reason to.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-30-2005, 06:08 PM   #35
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Haha, I think you should just started listen to Alter Bridge as Alter Bridge. And by saying that I mean that you should listen to Alter Bridge like any other band, and not trying to search for hidden "hating-Stapp"-messanges. I think Mark and Myles are just trying to tell a story here, and I'm sure they don't wanna stab Stapp in the back. Well, Myles really has no reason to.

I really wouldn't care to know the meaning behind any Alter Bridge song. Like I said, they don't have a message as far as I'm concerned, so I don't listen to them AS anything.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:09 PM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
life is but a dream.

I'm thinking this song was written about how Stapp was in the rowboat in the My Sacrifice video and how he was gliding through the water and he was happy and his life was dreamy.

For heaven's sake, any lyrics to any song can be taken to mean any freaking thing!!! Stop trying to fuel the us vs. them argument, it's so old.

LOL, right on!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:00 PM   #37
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
LOL @ Teri!!!

Dude... Mark had the chorus for Find The Real... he showed it up to Myles one night and on the next morning Myles had finished writing it! He did all of the verses and the bridge. How can be Myles talking about Stapp???

as for "crown of thorns", correct me if I'm wrong but it's just an expression... Myles grew up in church, I'm sure he heard it a ton of times.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:13 PM   #38
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tracklist) 1. Reach Out
2. Fight Song
3. Hard Way
4. Justify
5. Let Me Go
6. Surround Me
7. The Great Divide
8. Sublime
9. You Will Soar
10. Broken

I can get those 10 songs and make them related to Alter Bridge as well... You'll get the idea but I won't bother to do it right now...
Old 10-31-2005, 08:33 AM   #39
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) LOL @ Teri!!!

Dude... Mark had the chorus for Find The Real... he showed it up to Myles one night and on the next morning Myles had finished writing it! He did all of the verses and the bridge. How can be Myles talking about Stapp???

as for "crown of thorns", correct me if I'm wrong but it's just an expression... Myles grew up in church, I'm sure he heard it a ton of times.

Really? That is so funny. I have always said that FTR's verses are the best lyrics on the album, and the chorus is one of the worst on the album... lol
Old 10-31-2005, 11:24 AM   #40
titan9
USER INFO »
I love FTR's verses. Very lyrically good, as well as musicially. The chorus is decent, but the verses/bridge are certainly a whole lot better, imo.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #41
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) LOL @ Teri!!!

Just goes to show Myles work ethic not alot compared to stapp..
Old 11-01-2005, 09:27 PM   #42
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^That is the most backwards thing I have heard in a LONG time. Bad work ethic=not finishing the song for three months.

Good work ethic=finishing it over night. ESPECIALLY considering it completely blows out of the water ANYTHING Stapp EVER wrote.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:33 PM   #43
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
life is but a dream.

Teri you are a star.

The lyrics are so bad, like a little kid wrote them.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:27 PM   #44
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Just goes to show Myles work ethic not alot compared to stapp..
are you sure you meant it? coz it makes no sense... it's like comparing apples to oranges...

and yet, what part of "it has nothing to do with Stapp" you didn't understand?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:13 AM   #45
The Lithium
USER INFO »
First of all!! GOOD JOB TERI!!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) I really wouldn't care to know the meaning behind any Alter Bridge song.
What do you care about then? I'm sorry to bring this up, but you are one hell of a boring person to have an argument with since you only say: "I honestly don't care what you think" or "I don't care to know the meanings behind any songs". In the theard where Marcos, (Bridge of Clay), made the joke about you being a grandpa you must have used the phrase "I don't care" a million times! Do you care about anything besides from yourself?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Like I said, they don't have a message as far as I'm concerned, so I don't listen to them AS anything.
If you start listening to the songs with the thought in the back of your head that they don't have any messanges I'm sure you won't find many. And also... If you don't listen to them, how can you be so sure they don't have any?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I can get those 10 songs and make them related to Alter Bridge as well... You'll get the idea but I won't bother to do it right now...
Yeah, that's easy!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 11-02-2005 at 05:15 AM.