++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #151
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah, I already knew that. But I held out hope that I could get better quality if I converted to 320.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:12 PM   #152
Creed7352
USER INFO »
lol...gotcha.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #153
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: The mainstream HATED Creed, and that hatred is apparent on music forums outside of here.

You have that exactly backwards. Everyone NOT into mainstream music hated Creed. The mainstream WAS Creed for a while. The mainstream LOVED Creed, which is why they sold 30 million albums.

It was those who WEREN'T into mainstream music who hated them. They kind of symbolized everything wrong with modern music for a lot of people.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #154
titan9
USER INFO »
The lack of sleep must have made me say "the mainstream" hated Creed. What I meant was that, after WAWO, a lot of people hated Creed. Not enough to make a big difference in sales, but enough to make it quite apparent. Some of the same people who like bands like Puddle of Crud and Nickelback hate(d) Creed. If you go to any other music forum outside of here, you'll come across that. It's not just those who "hate" mainstream music that hated Creed; those who also liked a lot of mainstream rock music(3DD, Nickelback, Staind etc.) just hated Creed. That was pretty much what I meant, and I phrased that wrong upon further review(I rarely re-read my posts, though, so that explains why I did not catch that). Obviously, enough of the mainstream liked Creed, or else they wouldn't have sold so many albums. Same goes for other artists(see Britney Spears, Nsync etc).

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:36 PM   #155
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Everyone who doesn't own a Creed album hates Creed, period. And even those who do own them often hate them after their music taste matures.

Although often, as in my case, they hold onto the belief that they had potential (i.e. My Own Prison was decent) before totally selling out.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:02 AM   #156
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Hard working? Give me a break. This isn't just Creed, though. People in the music business don't know what hard work is, and anyone who tells you otherwise is just as ignorant.

Yep, I said hardworking. To me anyway, and as far as I'm concerned, they still are.

The lifestyle is the reward, money is financial freedom. It's what goes into it that's hard. The travel, the being away, etc. etc.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:08 AM   #157
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Well, some guys on here have been saying for a month(maybe more) that one of them talked to a guy close to the band(now apparently we know that it was Hanson) who said that Mark and Flip could ruin Scott's career if they wanted to. I didn't believe it, because it seems like a pretty ridiculous thing. However, I was reading a radio interview today(w/Stapp) that was done a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I told my friend about something that Stapp said in the interview that I found to be a bit strange(FYI: a recap of the interview was posted at PBF not that long ago, and that is what I read) and my friend was kinda surprised by it. Anyway, he does this google search and pulls up something that, if true, completely changes my thoughts on the "Mark and Flip could ruin Stapp's career" thing. The thing that I read(and I do not want to start any rumors) was never posted about on here, but was briefly mentioned on PBF a few months back. There are signs that it could be true, and signs that it could be false(if that makes any sense). I'm not going to post the link or discuss it anymore, because I do not want to spread a potential lie(and it has not been confirmed as being true or false). But I'm sure if you looked at PBF, you might be able to find the topic, though the original post has been greatly edited.

Back to the original topic, though. Uncertain, maybe the guys behind Creed didn't work as hard as some bands do, but I know that the guys did work hard. Just because they didn't work as hard as some, that doesn't mean that they didn't work hard.

Thanks anyway titan, but I read another reply here that told me all I needed to know.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:15 AM   #158
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) First, regarding Hanson selling his Creed stuff - how do you use that to draw conclusions that (a) he's poor and needs money, and (b) it discredits any work he's done for Creed? And no one here even knows who is the actual seller of the plaque. You do realize that many of those plaques are given away to radio stations, in contests, etc. Lots of people have plaques like that, and they use it to make their own loot based on the prestiege of the item.

Secondly, let's stop all the speculation on what Hanson did or did not say regarding Creed, AB, and Stapp. Unless it's documented in an article, magazine, interview, or witnessed in person, it can't be proven. Keep the rumors and speculation off the forums.

The description of the items said..."presented to". I'm assuming as "in person". And why else sell them except for the cash. I know if it were me, they would mean a bit more than just a few hundred bucks.

As I stated before, my thoughts of Hanson stand.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:18 AM   #159
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Just for the record and to close the discussion.

Jeff told a group of people from another board who reported it later.

Ahhhh. Yep, give a witch an inch, and she'll take a mile. That's all I need to know.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:25 AM   #160
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Definitely agree. I have listened to some bootlegs from '98 and '99, and he sounded fantastic. I mean, his voice was exactly the same as on the album. You really couldn't tell a difference. Now, comparing that to the live stuff I've heard post-Human Clay, his voice has definitely changed....and not in a positive way. His voice cracks at times, and he doesn't seem able to replicate what is heard on the album live. Hopefully he can regain the kind of range he had back in '98/'99.

I think his voice is still very strong range or not, he may just sing a bit differently than before. Lots of singers have problems during the course of a tour. Aaron Lewis of Staind is one of them, as well as Keith Urban, and he's a country singer.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:30 AM   #161
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) if the album sucks its a problem for any band, but if its good people will pick it up! and its really good so I think Its going to sell well, also a great time to drop the cd during christmas season!

Oh I agree, the timing is great, and from what I've heard so far, I think the cd is going to do really well.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:44 AM   #162
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
ctfan, do you think you could combine some of your posts? Double posting isn't so bad, but more than that gets annoying. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:59 AM   #163
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) ctfan, do you think you could combine some of your posts? Double posting isn't so bad, but more than that gets annoying. Thanks.

I can do that.